Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Editing & Modeling Tutorials ~

Comments

• Options
    PeaceSign101PeaceSign101 Posts: 1,413 Member
    @MizoreYukii Okay, thanks :) Sorry for my endless stupid questions :P
    dmlX3n8.jpg

• Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    edited August 2015
    Updates!:
    @BobSkellington @ayeden @Minstrel @PeaceSign101 @PurpleKenzie19 @Gemmabubbles @Amazingamphy @BabyCarrotz

Tips/reminders for this weeks assignment/challenge:
    • Do not submit until I finish the tutorials! Feel free to shop for cc and objects/backgrounds you want to use though. (But we're covering object/background shopping, so probably hold off on those as well)
    • Don't forget to read the post before the scores if you haven't. And remember, that was in general, not for just that assignment. You must remember to search hard for poses and ask for help when you need it.
    • Please remember the tips for shots:
      • For every shot : Do not cut the limbs, hands, feet, fingers/toes, the head, etc. (Headshots can skip this 90% of the time, like a pose with the hands on the head but elbows are cut, depending on the host, requirements, and assignment. Other types of shots can slightly be as well, but be careful on these risks)
      • Going with what was said above. You want to avoid cutting things unevenly as well. If you're doing a partial shot, and one leg is uneven with the other leg but closer to the body, you want to avoid cutting the uneven legs toes and such. If you do cut the toes and such, it looks odd to the eye. Grab a magazine and study the models, you'll see that every shot is pretty much even.
      • Full bodyshot - Nothing should be cut, at all. (Difficult with CAS, but you can try redrawing the deleted parts)
      • Partial bodyshot - Cut at or above the knees (sometimes thighs depending on pose and position). This can sometimes be considered at the hips as well, but use caution and ask the host before doing so. (Remember, don't delete anything else. Her hands, arms, head, etc., still need to be in the shot
    • I am not looking for fashionable this week. Dress your sim to instead go with the theme. If she is a fairy, she shouldn't be wearing jeans, but instead clothes that look like they are from a fantasy. If she is in the apocalypse, find her the dirtiest and toughest clothes you can find.
    • Every part of your image should be thought through (this goes for any assignment). You can't just do everything randomly and accept that it is enough. Careful thought must be put into the outfit (hair, accessories, etc.), the pose, the background, objects you add in, the position of your model with the background, and even the effects you add in. If you are allowed to choose any type of shot, you must also consider whether or not you are going to cut part of her off, and where you are going to cut her off.

Tutorial 8 – Fixing Green Edges (Both)
    • Added extra to the warning at the top.
      So far, using it on a white background doesn’t work. Please be aware that it may not work on other backgrounds!
      Also, sometimes it won't work properly with certain hair colors, as in it will be too light, or too dark, etc. and will be noticeable. We cover other options next week.
    • I changed this picture for the "Removing Green" tutorial because I realized it didn't show which program is which, and sometimes older PS's are gray.
      removinggreen1.2new.png~original
    • I also changed the wording for this one sentence.
      Sometimes one will work better than the other depending on what hair color you are using, so flip back and forth between the two to determine which is best.
    • I also added this tip for those struggling.
      *Tip: If neither mode works and the paint still stands out, it probably means you chose the wrong color. Start over but choose another color that is more common in the hair.
      Mine needed hue rather than color. All done! (Don’t forget to deselect your sim!)

Tutorial Bonus – Piecing Together Images (Both)
    • Decided to add this since I forgot:
      Tips:
      • Use the perspective/transform tools to angle the images. This can sometimes solve the issues with different angled images (which is unavoidable).
      • Don't forget to smudge the lines that can appear where you connect them (after merging your images). Though they are tiny, they are still noticeable.

Tutorial 6 - Cutting out Sims: Method 1 (Gimp) and Tutorial 6 - Cutting out Sims: Method 1 (Photoshop)
    • Added a warning to tell people the method removes loose hairs.
      Warning: This method can remove loose hairs (when you hit "grow"), and there is no full way to avoid this, unless you spend time tracing her hair with a selection/path tool (and even then some might be removed because it's just not possible to select every detail). Most of the time the hair looks perfectly fine with these cut edges, so don't freak out, study the image to see the damage, then decide on what you want to do.
  • Options
    AmazingamphyAmazingamphy Posts: 1,733 Member
    Does the "Removing Green" Tutorial work for drawing in missing fingers/toes/etc.?
    HmypxT0.png
    Gone from this place and never coming back. P5 is good
  • Options
    LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    If anyone needs a certain outfit dirtied up for the apocalypse challenge, I would be happy to recolor it and add a little grunginess lol.
    LeslieM25 wrote: »
    @BobSkellington The one with zombies in it made me crack up :D

LMAO, why? D: xD
    Just funny. Snow white with zombies lol.
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
  • Options
    @Amazingamphy No? I'm not quite sure where you got that idea, but you could try. xD We might be covering this in Week 3 (still deciding), but there are 4 ways I fix fingers.
    1. Take a picture of her hand in the same position with another pose, then cut it out, fix it up, then place over the original and keep fiddling with it until it fits properly (and looks right), then blend the seams in. (You may have to color over her original fingers with the outfit colors so they don't show up when you place the new hand.)
    2. If there is at least one whole finger, I clone stamp that finger and then draw in the others on new layers (very hard to do since it copies everything around you.
    3. Again, if there is at least one whole finger I select it then copy it into layers for however many fingers I am missing. I then manipulate and shrink all of the new fingers so they blend in and look like other fingers.
    4. The last one is to draw them, or draw corrections for the other methods. Use your color dropper tool, select the middle of the finger, start a new layer, then adjust your brush size and begin drawing the fingers. Color drop the rest of the colors you can see and paint how you see the colors on the other fingers. So after the main color, you'd need your shadows and possibly highlights. Drawing with just one color won't work.

Remember, everything is on a new layer. Hope that helps!
  • Options
    MinstrelMinstrel Posts: 126 Member
    @MizoreYukii is it possible to get a rough estimate on how long it'll be until the tutorials are up? No pressure or anything, I'm just keen to get my piece finished:)
  • Options
    I finally finished my time period edit!
    Jt0JKiD.jpg
    GqsONVc.gif
  • Options
    Eliavah wrote: »
    Beautifull Leslieee~ <3
    Thank you! I put all the images that I used to make it in the before and after edits.
    GqsONVc.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    How has everybody's day been? :D

Edit: I just made a blood splatter effect :D
    xYrG1LJ.png
    Post edited by PeaceSign101 on
    dmlX3n8.jpg

• Options
    @Minstrel I'm so sorry. I was supposed to be releasing them today, but as soon as I woke up we went food shopping. They are doing renovations at the store so everything is moved around, and this household eats a lot of food, so we were there all day. :/ Started at about 1:30 and finished at 4:30, then we had to put everything away and make dinner. I promise to get these up as soon as possible. Excited to see your entry though!
    Which reminds me though, are you still entering the first challenge? :O

@Lesliem25 *Does double backflip in happiness* YESSSSSS!! Glad you could get this in! :mrgreen: Seriously, why don't you enter the Sims 3 comps? o_O

@PeaceSign101 In Gimp? Very cool! :3
  • Options
    @MizoreYukii Me too lol. I have been working on it and everything for it intermittently since you put the challenge up lol. Honestly, TS3 took up waaaayyyyy too much space on my hard drive. I have a 1TB hard drive. With TS3 and TS4 installed, I had used like 900 Gb of it. After I uninstalled it, I have like half my hard drive back lol.
    GqsONVc.gif
  • Options
    @LeslieM25 No, I meant why don't you join the Sims 3 comps? As I said in my modeling guide, Sims 4 models are allowed over there. You'd give some of them a run for their money and easily land at the top. xD
    Also, that doesn't sound possible. Did you download every cc and world from the internet or what? o-o
  • Options
    @LeslieM25 No, I meant why don't you join the Sims 3 comps? As I said in my modeling guide, Sims 4 models are allowed over there. You'd give some of them a run for their money and easily land at the top. xD
    Also, that doesn't sound possible. Did you download every cc and world from the internet or what? o-o
    Oh! I didn't realize TS4 sims were allowed. I must have missed that lol. Aww thanks, maybe I'll check it out.
    I seriously have no idea. I had a lot of CC but I didn't even delete it. I kept that and my saves in case I missed it lol. I had a majority of the expansion packs and everything. Who knows. I was trying to clear some pictures out of my computer and stuff like that and it hardly made a dent. Then when I uninstalled it, all that space cleared. I was like what?! I think it was like 400 Gb that cleared.
    GqsONVc.gif
  • Options
    Oh! I didn't realize TS4 sims were allowed. I must have missed that lol. Aww thanks, maybe I'll check it out.
    I seriously have no idea. I had a lot of CC but I didn't even delete it. I kept that and my saves in case I missed it lol. I had a majority of the expansion packs and everything. Who knows. I was trying to clear some pictures out of my computer and stuff like that and it hardly made a dent. Then when I uninstalled it, all that space cleared. I was like what?! I think it was like 400 Gb that cleared.

I mentioned it like, twice. xD Faery Fae just came back for it's third cycle if you're interested. ^-^
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/849797/faery-fae-cycle-3-sign-ups-open/p1

O_O So weird. Maybe something glitched.
  • Options
    edited August 2015

I mentioned it like, twice. xD Faery Fae just came back for it's third cycle if you're interested. ^-^
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/849797/faery-fae-cycle-3-sign-ups-open/p1

Ha I was literally just looking at that one. That makes me miss my supernaturals in TS4.
    I could try reinstalling. The CC is definitely better for modeling lol.
    GqsONVc.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    @PeaceSign101 In Gimp? Very cool! :3

:grin: Yeah! Even though it was a very easy thing to do, I feel so proud of myself XD

Post edited by PeaceSign101 on
    dmlX3n8.jpg

• Options

Ha I was literally just looking at that one. That makes me miss my supernaturals in TS4.

I was dressing Baylee the other day for Runway, and I was testing out an idea for an outfit...and the colors glitched. We have such a tiny color map that it makes it impossible to use certain items together. Tsk. :c
    And yes, TS3 cc is much better for modeling, and so much easier to model with in general. xD
    Whatever game you choose, hope to see you in one of the comps though. ^-^
    Oh, and if you do reinstall and want new cc (not sure when you stopped shopping), just message me for the latest creators and new cc. xD Which reminds me to shop. So behind on shopping for both games. :c

@PeaceSign101 How did you make it? I've never tried drawing/making blood before. Never needed to with any of my shots so far. xD
  • Options
    MinstrelMinstrel Posts: 126 Member
    @MizoreYukii That's fine don't worry! Like I said I just can't wait to get started because I have an idea I want to see if I can pull off:)

Oh, and I completely forgot about the first challenge. I'm really sorry but I don't think I'll be able to complete it... I'm really sorry if you've been waiting on me, I meant to tell you as soon as I got back from holiday. I'll try and get an entry in for the current challenge if I have time though!
  • Options
    @MizoreYukii Here's the tutorial I used http://www.gimpusers.com/tutorials/blood-splatter-texture

I was just browsing around to see if there any cool effects I could do, and this seemed really easy and I think I might use it for my assignment :D

dmlX3n8.jpg

• Options
    EliavahEliavah Posts: 2,270 Member
    Leslie you should!! Or join with a sims 4. Also I'd say Sims 3 with all expansions and most stuff packs, and almost all store stuff, is about or 70 gb for me.
    Checking the folders, Sims 3 Base game is 7 GB, my launcher installed stuff is 10 GB, and my packages are 3 GB
    So i'm guesstimating at about 70gb.
    Its pretty hefty yeah :c
    Though 400 GB is alot!
  • Options
    That looks good Peacesign! :3

Thanks! :)

dmlX3n8.jpg

• Options

I was dressing Baylee the other day for Runway, and I was testing out an idea for an outfit...and the colors glitched. We have such a tiny color map that it makes it impossible to use certain items together. Tsk. :c
    And yes, TS3 cc is much better for modeling, and so much easier to model with in general. xD
    Whatever game you choose, hope to see you in one of the comps though. ^-^
    Oh, and if you do reinstall and want new cc (not sure when you stopped shopping), just message me for the latest creators and new cc. xD Which reminds me to shop. So behind on shopping for both games. :c

@PeaceSign101 How did you make it? I've never tried drawing/making blood before. Never needed to with any of my shots so far. xD

Really? What do you mean they glitched? That fairy one does sound like fun. I don't know though. I haven't had much time to work on poses and learn how to make other CC, so I might hold off on entering more at the moment.
    GqsONVc.gif
  • Options
    Leslie you should!! Or join with a sims 4. Also I'd say Sims 3 with all expansions and most stuff packs, and almost all store stuff, is about or 70 gb for me.
    Checking the folders, Sims 3 Base game is 7 GB, my launcher installed stuff is 10 GB, and my packages are 3 GB
    So i'm guesstimating at about 70gb.
    Its pretty hefty yeah :c
    Though 400 GB is alot!
    I have no idea then. Maybe the thing that showed how much of my hard drive was used was glitching or something. I'll check the other comps out later though. I really want to learn how to make more CC and I don't have time if I'm in a few of them.
    GqsONVc.gif