Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Editing & Modeling Tutorials ~

Comments

• Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    *Stretches and yawns* Just woke up, so good morning! I didn't get much done last night. Fell asleep about an hour after I posted that. Dx

Now that I have energy and can actually understand what is going on though, I should be done as soon as possible. xD

@PeaceSign101 Congrats on getting a dog! ^o^
  • Options
    PeaceSign101PeaceSign101 Posts: 1,413 Member
    @MizoreYukii Thanks :)
    dmlX3n8.jpg

• Options
    How has everybody's day been? :)
    dmlX3n8.jpg

• Options
    I love it when you take the time to be active on here! ^-^ *Hugs*

I've been good. Hopefully I'll finish this stuff soon! How has your day been going?
  • Options

I've been good. Hopefully I'll finish this stuff soon! How has your day been going?

:D My day has been pretty good :) I'm sitting around watching SpongeBob pretty much. XD
    dmlX3n8.jpg

• Options

:D My day has been pretty good :) I'm sitting around watching SpongeBob pretty much. XD

I still haven't seen the new movie! Or Spongebob in a while honestly. xD

Do you like Monster High?
  • Options
    Scores should be up soon, as well as the new assignment and challenge. Tutorials will be put up later, but feel free to start researching your assignment and gathering the materials you need. However, please do not submit anything until you have read the tutorials. Anything submitted before the tutorials are up and before you have read them will be ignored. Though I know you guys wouldn't do that, this is just a precaution, especially for lurkers who want to submit.
  • Options
    edited August 2015

I still haven't seen the new movie! Or Spongebob in a while honestly. xD

Do you like Monster High?

What's Monster High? :0

dmlX3n8.jpg

• Options
    LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    @MizoreYukii When is the time period challenge due again?
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
  • Options
    LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    @PeaceSign101 I love SpongeBob! Lol
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    @LeslieM25 It will be due a week after I post the new challenge, so next week on Monday.

@PeaceSign101 Monster High is a new franchise from Mattel or whatever, the same people who made Barbie (but a thousand times better than Barbie).
    It's all about accepting your flaws and being unique, and all of the characters are monsters. :P They're based off myths and legends as well, movie made monsters, etc.

They also have the best and most unique fashion ever (that you see throughout the series). xD

Here's their channel if you want to check them out! (remove the spaces xD)
    https://www.youtube.com /user/ MonsterHigh

And here's a short video mash up of a few of their advertisements and their theme song. <3
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xJgdp5E3sQ&amp;list=PLgVpPNETD4drRSI0GVonXjAQgAeYr8R3s&amp;index=3
  • Options
    @LeslieM25 It will be due a week after I post the new challenge, so next week on Monday.

@PeaceSign101 Monster High is a new franchise from Mattel or whatever, the same people who made Barbie (but a thousand times better than Barbie).
    It's all about accepting your flaws and being unique, and all of the characters are monsters. :P They're based off myths and legends as well, movie made monsters, etc.

They also have the best and most unique fashion ever (that you see throughout the series). xD

Here's their channel if you want to check them out! (remove the spaces xD)
    https://www.youtube.com /user/ MonsterHigh

And here's a short video mash up of a few of their advertisements and their theme song. <3
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xJgdp5E3sQ&amp;list=PLgVpPNETD4drRSI0GVonXjAQgAeYr8R3s&amp;index=3

That's so cool :o
    dmlX3n8.jpg

• Options
    Have you finished the scores? :D I can tell I'm starting to become annoying but on a scale of 1/10 on how patient I am, I'm a 3/10 XD
    dmlX3n8.jpg

• Options
    Lol! Actually I am finished, but I have to put them in the format. I can't just post them, otherwise it would be jumbled. xD Also, I have posts to make because something has come to my attention, and I believe we went over the word count limit so I have to put the scores on this page in two separate posts.

In other words, almost done but setting them up. ^-^
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    BECPreviousAssignments.png~original
    Assignment 1: Color

Welcome to your first assignment and first set of tutorials! For this week we will be learning how to set up your game for the best pictures, learn how to use and set up your program, and editing tips that everyone should know. While we aren’t learning techniques this week, I want you to use this free time to get to know your program better and try to discover other ways of doing things.

For this assignment, we are doing color! I want you to use a bright background and style your model in bright colors. They can be neon or just bright in general colors, but the models must be fashionable and the shot must be slightly editorial, but more focused on “fun” to go with the bright colors. Accessorize, style the hair, choose the right makeup, and choose your outfits and poses based on this theme. You can be as extreme and “fun” as you want, but the background must be contrasting. If you remember, that means the outfit must not blend or match the background.

Requirements:
    One image
    Bright/neon colors on the model (accessories, clothes, makeup, etc.)
    Background must be a bright/neon color as well, but it must also be contrasting (can be a pattern if you want, but it shouldn’t overpower or blend into the model)
    Fashionable
    Slightly editorial, but more focused on “fun”
    Full body shot

Example:
    4e66d3bacf5bb52c504bd8943b917f86.jpg
    colorful-fashion-3.jpg
    a-colorful-fashion-11.jpg
    dd411d09e05c245ebc7da0af356a9548.jpg

BCModelAssignments.png~original
    Cookie with Isabella
    Dt1weSS.jpg

Carrot with Hazel
    19312505803_7de9d55a77_o.png

Amphy with Dana
    sassykitty_zpsxr4s2inp.png

Gemma with Jana
    19906562395_caa530ce47_c.jpg

Minstrel with Circe
    TemRZOA.jpg?1

Kenzie with Sarah
    uOEo2dS.png

Ayeden with Claire
    assignment%201b.png

Bobby with Misty
    19376832913_3285690717_b.jpg
    Post edited by MizoreYukii on
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    BECPreviousChallenges.png~original

Challenge 1
    Yessssssss! I am so excited for this challenge (seriously, at least 1 of you needs to submit or I'll be sad D:)! For this challenge we are going to do a time period edit, but instead of doing a 1920's and below edit, we are doing a 1910 and above edit! You can go as far back as the 1500's, so be creative! This is a high fashion and editorial challenge, so it must look like it could be put in a fashion magazine (no font though!). You are allowed to pose them however you want and do whatever you want, so long as it meets the requirements! You can also do fashion based on the time period, so it doesn't have to be a large, foofy, and time period correct outfit so long as it looks like it could come from there, but slightly modern. If you don't understand what I'm talking about, the examples below should help you understand, or you can ask and I can provide more examples. Or you can look up examples yourself! ;)

I am NOT looking for extreme accuracy. You have a very wide time period set to go with, so use it to your advantage!

Requirements:
    One image
    High fashion (this includes makeup, accessories, and hair guys!)
    Fashion must be from or based on the 1500's to the 1910's (if it wasn't obvious, I meant European/American fashion btw)
    Editorial
    NO FONT! (I shouldn't have to put this here, but you guys are still new)
    (No need to write an explanation of what you did. That was a one time thing. if you want to though, it's optional)
    Extras are allowed and optional
    Hips/waist, partial or full body shot (remember, partial means it is cut off appropriately. So cut at the thighs or above or below knees. Hands shouldn't be cut either, nor the head. If you do a full body shot, you put the whole model in and cut NOTHING.)

(Sorry I went a little crazy with the examples.)

Example(s):
    1118full-lily-donaldson.jpg600full-lily-cole.jpg600full-mona-johannesson.jpg600full-ashley-smith.jpg1118full-gemma-ward.jpg
    BCChallengesMini.png~original
    Amphy
    fancy_zpsde6x3x1s.jpg

Carrot
    19341422393_65beae7438_o.png

Bobby
    19828527270_d7d2946e80_b.jpg

Leslie
    Jt0JKiD.jpg

Ayeden
    Z6eZP5w.png
    Post edited by MizoreYukii on
  • Options
    AmazingamphyAmazingamphy Posts: 1,733 Member
    The scores are coming...
    post-44922-LEGO-movie-oh-man-gif-Imgur-WMdt.gif
    HmypxT0.png
    Gone from this place and never coming back. P5 is good
  • Options
    WOOP WOOP! CAN'T WAIT FOR TE SCORES! Literally :3
    dmlX3n8.jpg

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Before you read your scores and comments, please read this.

While grading I noticed that most of you lacked the fun part. Your models either looked sad or emotionless, which is not how they should be considering the requirement was fun. Please either make your own poses, request for poses, or search harder for poses that actually fit the requirement. We grade harder as the weeks go by, and something like this will continually get you docked points. As many others have said in the past, the pose makes the picture.

Also, I know some of our poses are pretty useless for creative assignments or the really sassy/sexy assignments, so I'll do my best to create poses for this community when I get the chance. Hopefully Leslie, Eli, and others will help this effort.

Something I also noticed was that some of you seem to be unaware of what fashionable is. It is okay to admit that you have no idea how to dress your model, and please ask questions if you are unsure, or head to Google and look up examples (fashion and editorial are your main key words).
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    BCResults.png~original
    Note: Read everyone else's comments and scores too. This will help you know what else to avoid and so you don't repeat a mistake that someone else did, or teach you something that you weren't aware of before.
    Please remember that these comments are here to help you improve, and that they are not in anyway meant to be mean or make you upset. If you have questions about the comments or scores please ask them and tag which judge you need to answer it. If you see a mistake, please point it out.

Some of you did really well with this theme, and others fell from the mark. :( Because of this, I am posting general comments towards everyone, and you need to read them just like your tutorials. No one is in trouble, or being called out, or anything ridiculous like that, but I noticed something going on and am now trying to correct it for the future.

1st Place
    Ayeden with Claire
    assignment%201b.png
    18358043043_ccf979876f_o.png
    Image Quality – 9.5/10
    Image Composition - 9/10
    Creativity - 8/10
    Model Appearance - 9/10
    Relevance - 5/5
    Requirements - 5/5
    Total – 45.5/50

You! You made me proud! You are the only one who achieved full requirements. You knew exactly what I wanted and delivered it, and for that I thank you. I was looking for a fun pose, and your model is the only one smiling and looking like she’s having a good time. While the smile looks just the tiniest bit awkward, like she’s unsure of herself, it was smiling and that’s what I’m happy with. The quality isn’t bad, some touchups to the concerning areas (hair) will be corrected during week 3 and week 5, but for the most part good job! The quality for the background though is a problem for me. It looks blurry. Whoever made it used a pattern that wasn’t big enough, so I’d suggest trying to avoid bad cc like that. I don’t really care for the top, but it looks good with the clothes so it’s not really an issue. Your shadow is pretty good, but the edges are harder than they should be. Try using a fuzzy brush or use Gaussian blur to achieve softer edges. Overall, I loved this photo! Great job!

18791007910_7a904e815c_m.jpg
    Image Quality – 9.5/10
    Image Composition - 9/10
    Creativity - 10/10
    Model Appearance - 10/10
    Relevance - 5/5
    Requirements - 5/5
    Total – 48.5/50

I think you completely nailed this assignment for me. Her outfit was fashionable and fun, and it was creative to do a sort of Hawaiann type outfit! <3 Speaking of which I loveeeee. You did a contrasting color, you did a full bodyshot. Your model looked fun and I just love this entry so much. The quality was very good. Though the ends of her hair look weirdly pixelated to me. I see a little white stuff hiding in there. Also the bottom of her skirt looks a bit weird to me also. I like you're shadow you added, and the background was a nice beautiful blue and bonus points for texture!

LeslieHeadshot.png~original
    Image Quality - 10/10
    Image Composition – 9.5/10
    Creativity - 9/10
    Model Appearance - 10/10
    Relevance - 5/5
    Requirements - 5/5
    Total – 48.5/50

This is a very pretty picture. Your model’s lines are cut out very cleanly. I love that you used actual contrasting colors with her orange outfit and blue background. She looks fun, pretty and bright. I like that you put the drop shadow in there to make her look like the part of the room. I only wish we could see a little more shadow around her feet. Good job on cutting out the unnecessary space in your picture. It’s all around good. :smile: The only other suggestion I would have is to sign up for a site like Imgur so we can click on your picture and see the full version.

Total: 142.5/150

2nd Place
    Bobby with Misty
    19376832913_3285690717_b.jpg
    Image Quality - 9/10
    Image Composition - 7/10
    Creativity - 7/10
    Model Appearance - 9/10
    Relevance – 4.5/5
    Requirements – 3.5/5
    Total - 40/50

Love this image Bob! The quality feels a bit off this week, but I think you took this when you went to Windows 10? Anyways, you have too much space on your model’s sides, and you’re colors aren’t really bright per say. I’m sure they would have popped more though if you had used a contrasting background. The top half of the dress feels odd to me, but I’m sure it’s just the design. Also, not a fan of this pose either. She looks a bit awkward, like she doesn’t know how to position herself. Great job though!

Image Quality - 10/10
    Image Composition - 9/10
    Creativity - 9/10
    Model Appearance - 10/10
    Relevance - 5/5
    Requirements - 4/5
    Total - 47/50
    The quality on this is so superb <3 I loveee your model so much she is beautiful. You're outfit is great and fun too. The pattern is so cute. I had to knock off a point on requirements though because you're background was not contrasted enough to the pink in the outfit. An orange background would've made this more grade A than it already is. I also wish the blues were less pastel ish and more neony, but that is a small nitpick. That lipstick is fantastic by the way <3 Great job Bob ! <3

Image Quality - 10/10
    Image Composition - 7/10
    Creativity - 7/10
    Model Appearance - 10/10
    Relevance - 5/5
    Requirements – 4.5/5
    Total – 43.5/50

This is a pretty picture. Your model looks really pretty and clear. However the color you chose for the background blends a little too well with the colors you chose for your model. I know it isn’t the same exact color but it didn’t have much contrast. All of the colors are cool and have about the same value which makes it all blend together. I only took off a half point for that though since it doesn’t match your model. Your background also doesn’t have much of a floor and she needs a shadow to integrate her into the background. I know that is really hard because you just used a brightly colored CAS and didn’t cut her out. I really like your model’s pose and her outfit though. She looks really cute. :smile:

Total: 130.5/150

3rd Place
    Gemma with Jana
    19906562395_caa530ce47_c.jpg
    Image Quality - 8/10
    Image Composition - 8/10
    Creativity - 7/10
    Model Appearance - 8/10
    Relevance - 4/5
    Requirements – 3.5/5
    Total – 38.5/50

Oh Gemma! I love this! Her outfit is gorgeous and you have a shadow and everything! My only issues with this image are the shadow, quality, and the requirements (and a bit on creativity). Your quality is a bit low this week, and I’m not sure if you sharpened the picture or if it’s from the game. The shadow is a bit large and a little awkward, and I’m not sure if you drew it on or not but Leslie is right, shadows will have different angles even if the light is directly on them. As for requirements, you are lacking makeup. I can understand the natural look, but fashion models wear makeup, even if it’s subtle and hard to spot. Also, while I do love her outfit, she does feel a bit cutesy, but I think that’s the lack of makeup honestly. I’m sure a nice subtle red would have made her seem mature and canceled the cute look for me. Lastly, you cut off a bit of her toes. Try to avoid doing this and you should be fine. Otherwise, great image and well done!

Image Quality - 9/10
    Image Composition - 8/10
    Creativity - 8/10
    Model Appearance - 8/10
    Relevance - 5/5
    Requirements – 4.5/5
    Total – 42.5/50

Try saying Gemma with Jana 5 times fast haha! It's a bit of a tongue twister. .(or is it just me). This was a pretty solid entry Gemma! It really worked for the assignment. You had your fun outfit, and your contrasting background. She looked like the last example picture sorta with those funky tights and I like it :3 The pose is alright. I think the image quality is pretty decent too. There are a few quality drops in certain spots. Also I wasn't a fan of the dress too much paired with the tights, but the tights do give you a more fun outfit. It feels more like a modest dress more than something fun to me. I think if you went with a different dress and maybe a more popping yellow then a close to pastel one you would've completely nailed this assignment. One last thing! I took points off a little section because you cropped your model's feet! It's just a nitpick though, and if the requirements didn't say full bodyshot I would've probably not done it. Cause I do it too sometimes haha.

Image Quality - 10/10
    Image Composition - 7/10
    Creativity - 6/10
    Model Appearance - 8/10
    Relevance - 5/5
    Requirements – 3/5
    Total - 39/50

This picture was all around pretty good. I like that you used true contrasting colors with the orange and blue. The picture of your model was nice and clear and the lines from cutting her out were great, nice and smooth. The background is really lacking though. It’s basically just a plain colored background. You should have at least had a floor for your model to be standing on. I don’t really agree with the choice to use the drop shadow. It actually kind of frames her in a weird way that doesn’t look realistic. It’s too big and out around her entire body in the same direction. Shadows, even if they look like a drop shadow on a wall behind someone, have perspective from wherever your light source is. Realistically even if she had a light shining straight in front of her, the shadow wouldn’t really look like that. The edges wouldn’t be as blurred out from her body. I like that you attempted to use some sort of shadow though. The creativity could have been better. Now, your model looks pretty cute in her little blue dress and crazy color tights, but I don’t feel like she really looks fashionable. I was surprised that you didn’t put any makeup on her too. If you prefer the natural look, even some subtle makeup can make a huge difference. Because this assignment was color based, you could have done a very subtle eye with some eyeliner and a brightly colored lip. I would definitely put some sort of makeup on your sim though. I docked one point from the requirements because you did cut off her toes, which doesn’t fill the full body shot requirement. The last suggestion I would have is to sign up for a site like Imgur so we can click on your picture and see the full version.

Total: 120/150

4th Place
    Kenzie with Sarah
    uOEo2dS.png
    Image Quality - 8/10
    Image Composition - 8/10
    Creativity - 7/10
    Model Appearance - 9/10
    Relevance - 4/5
    Requirements – 3.5/5
    Total – 39.5/50
    I really like this image! The outfit was exactly the thing I was looking for, minus the flowers on her head. The only issues I have with this are the background, the too dark shadow, and the quality. While the dress certainly pops, the background eats away at it and no longer looks bright to the eye, and the background was supposed to be contrasting. If you had chosen a different background you would have definitely nailed the color part. The shadow is definitely too dark and doesn’t add up with your sim, who is not brightly lit. You must remember that the strength depends on the light on your model, however, the current strength used is something you would never see anyways, so bring it down to about….50%? Not sure if you drew it or made her black, but opacity should be 50% and below.

Image Quality - 7/10
    Image Composition - 7/10
    Creativity - 7/10
    Model Appearance – 9.5/10
    Relevance - 2/5
    Requirements - 2/5
    Total – 34.5/50

Another awesome outfit! I love this outfit so much. It is veryyy cute <3 The acessories and everything go well too. I like the idea that you used a dress with the bottom half popping with a design. However, your model is slightly blurry in some parts. And some white parts from the cutout can still be seen. A major major downfall of this image, is the background. Or the outfit. As cute as the outfit was, it wasn't bright or neon enough. The lower half popped to me! But it does blend in with the background. I think if you went with a brighter more neon blue, and a different background like orange or green it would've been more relevant to the assignment. The background isn't contrasting to the outfit, and it's distracting me from your model. Also maybe if the heels with pink or something it would've popped too, but that is a little nitpick. I think you did well though just missed the mark on some of the requirements.

Image Quality - 9/10
    Image Composition - 8/10
    Creativity - 10/10
    Model Appearance - 10/10
    Relevance - 4/5
    Requirements - 3/5
    Total -44/50

All in all your picture is very pretty. The colors are bright and pretty. She looks really pretty and very fashionable. Your picture of your model is nice and clear so we can see all the pretty details of her outfit. One of the main things that immediately stood out to me though is that you didn’t follow the requirement of having a contrasting background. Your background matches your model almost perfectly. The edges around your model are a little rough too. As far as the background goes, it doesn’t have a floor so your model is floating. You also cut off her toes a little which doesn’t fulfill the full body shot requirement. I like your use of the drop shadow. It has good perspective so you can tell where the light source is coming from. The last suggestion I would have is to sign up for a site like Imgur so we can click on your picture and see the full version.

Total: 118/150
  • Options
    5th Place
    Carrot with Hazel
    19312505803_7de9d55a77_o.png
    Image Quality - 7/10
    Image Composition - 9/10
    Creativity - 8/10
    Model Appearance - 7/10
    Relevance - 4/5
    Requirements - 4/5
    Total - 39/50

Ohhhhhh I love this background! You did an amazing job tracking down a background big enough for your model (and high quality!), and we haven’t even gone over that yet! Kudos for that! Unfortunately, she doeesss have some green lines and slight jagged edges on her, but we’re covering that this week so don’t worry about it. You’re quality went down as well for this, and I’m not sure why. As for being fashionable though, this falls below the margin. Her outfit is a bit random and I would have preferred if she was wearing heels/sandals or more sporty fashion gear to accompany the shoes. In general, I just don’t feel like this is fashionable, but the good news is that it is bright and colorful. Also, the model is a bit too tall for the photo. Nobody should be smacking into the light fixture (unless she’s tall, then you would say that was the point), so make sure to scale her down next time!

Image Quality - 6/10
    Image Composition - 7/10
    Creativity – 7/10
    Model Appearance - 8/10
    Relevance - 4/5
    Requirements - 4/5
    Total – 36/50

First off I want to say that I loveeeee lovee your model's look. It could've been a bit more fashionable but its fun and it does work! I love the hair color with that green bow the most. I wish you have went with maybe green sneakers instead of red, as I felt like it would've corresponded together more, but I didn't really take points off for that. You're background quality is beautiful , and she fits perfectly into it. It is also very cute and fun, though my eyes were shifting between the background and your model, and I think it's mainly because the quality of your model. As cute and eye catching she looks, the quality of her is a bit distracting. There are some green edges by her hair and overall she looks very . . jaggedy. I think the main problem with this image was your sim quality though, and besides that I think you did a very good job on following requirements. This was one of my favorites this round though! <3

Image Quality - 7/10
    Image Composition – 7/10
    Creativity - 8/10
    Model Appearance - 9/10
    Relevance - 5/5
    Requirements - 5/5
    Total - 41/50

Overall this was a good pic for your first assignment. The colors are bright and pretty and your model doesn’t blend in with the colors in her background. Your editing on your model needs some work though. The picture of her is pretty blurry, the edges are jagged, and some of the green from your background is still on her edges, especially in her hair. I can tell that this is a case of just finding a good background and dropping your model into it. She needs a shadow to show that she is actually there. All the furniture is casting a shadow in the picture but she isn’t, which makes her look very pasted into place. Also, her size is a little off in proportion to the background. You should have downsized the background very slightly to make her look proportionately right in the picture. Part of what hurt you with this background is that it is a real picture. It’s really cute for your background, but your model is not going to look like a part of the scene unless you have a nice clear, crisp picture of her and add a nice shadow(lighting helps too but you’ll learn that later).I liked your model’s outfit. It’s very cute and keeping with the fun theme of the assignment. I only docked one point for that because I felt like her necklace really stood out and was very out of place with the rest of her outfit. It looked kind of goth. But, I felt like you hit all of the basic requirements on the nose and it’s a cute pic, just needs some polishing.

Total: 116/150

6th Place
    Minstrel with Circe
    TemRZOA.jpg?1
    Image Quality - 8/10
    Image Composition - 7/10
    Creativity - 7/10
    Model Appearance - 9/10
    Relevance - 3/5
    Requirements - 3/5
    Total - 37/50

This is quite good Minstrel! You did very well contrasting the colors, and I also like that you included a floor. Though I would have preferred if the floor was another color as the requirements do say to use bright colors, and brown isn’t one of them, and I think the wall could have been brighter as well. I also have to agree with Eli, but there is far too much red in this image. Her hair blends into the outfit and accessory and it’s hard to appreciate them individually, but she was definitely fashionable! I am also not a fan of her pose, and would have preferred if she was looking forward, and I am, unfortunately, not a sleeve tattoo person. The tattoo you chose is a bland mash of black, and even though I don’t like sleeve tattoos in general, I would have been appreciative of a colorful sleeve instead. The quality is also slightly down, and I honestly don’t see the green unless I squint and lean forward. Would have also liked the image to be cropped closer. I know you were cramped on time, but the little choices would have really helped!

Image Quality – 9/10
    Image Composition - 8/10
    Creativity - 7/10
    Model Appearance - 9/10
    Relevance - 3/5
    Requirements - 3/5
    Total - 39/50

The image cut out and quality on this is great Minstrel! <3 I can see some very very veryyyy minor . . green I think it is? By her feet. But othwerise great! I love love love your model's outfit. The problem is. Too much red! Also the red is a little on the darker side. Though I think this color of red would have work if you didn't use so much. I do love your model's tattoo and hair color though <3 I am so into unnatural hair colors, tattos and piercings on sims. The background isn't neon either, and it's kinda boring :( It's really the wooden floor that is boring. It does contrast with your model's outfit though. This doesn't scream fun to me either. I think if you did a more fun color popping image with this quality you would've nailed this <3

Image Quality - 8/10
    Image Composition - 8/10
    Creativity - 6/10
    Model Appearance - 9/10
    Relevance - 5/5
    Requirements - 3/5
    Total - 39/50

Your picture is pretty good. There were a few things that need worked on though. Your cutout of your model is a little rough. The picture of her isn’t the best quality. Trust me, I know how some of those alpha hairs look in CAS. They’re pretty bad when you zoom out to take the picture of your sim. Sometimes it helps to zoom in just the slightest little bit, not so you’re cutting off her toes, but you get a little more detail. You can also try taking in game pics because those alpha hairs look waaaayyyy better out of CAS. Also, I kind of felt like your background was lacking the bright color part of the assignment. I mean, yes, it was a color and wasn’t necessarily dull, but nothing stood out about it. The blue color definitely didn’t work with your all red model. It actually kind of dulled out your model and made the effect of her all red outfit look not as bright. You were also missing a shadow of some sort to show that she’s a part of that room and not just pasted into the picture. There was also a lot of empty space around your model that had no purpose. Your model’s clothes are really cute and very fashionable though. I just wish you would have chosen a different pose. This pose doesn’t look fun at all or even editorial. She looks nervous. Also, it can have a cool effect to not have your model look directly at the camera, but she’s looking so far to the side that we can’t even really see her face. The last suggestion I would have is to sign up for a site like Imgur so we can click on your picture and see the full version.

Total: 115/150

7th Place
    Cookie with Isabella
    Dt1weSS.jpg
    Image Quality - 6/10
    Image Composition - 7/10
    Creativity - 8/10
    Model Appearance - 5/10
    Relevance - 4/5
    Requirements - 3/5
    Total - 33/50

Oh Cookie, I really wanted this image to turn out great when you told me your idea! I really like your idea and I’m glad you tried to do something new. Unfortunately, it wasn’t executed very well and the edit suffers due to it. Your quality is normally really good, but for some reason it dropped completely this week. I’m not sure what you did to cause it, but hopefully it was a onetime thing. Other than the normal jagged lines, etc., you have a blurred border going through your models elbow and they are not lit very well. Your models also aren’t split evenly, and if you’re attempting something like this it’s important to make sure they are even. Using the same pose wasn’t very creative, and when you said you were doing different images I was expecting different poses to accompany those other outfits. Lastly, your model isn’t very fashionable. While the first image can be considered slightly fashionable, the second image definitely wasn’t. For the background, I wasn’t sure if you hand made it or not, but if you ever want to know how to pull this off next time try to use gradients.
    Also, I completely agree with Leslie! You have the creativity to go far, you just need to learn the techniques to go with that creativity. I really hope this comp gets you started! <3

Cookie with Isabella
    Image Quality - 5/10
    Image Composition - 5/10
    Creativity - 6/10
    Model Appearance - 5/10
    Relevance - 4/5
    Requirements - 3/5
    Total - 28/50

First off I'll start by saying I love the hair color of your model and hair choices you put for your model. The makeup contours her face really well too. And I do like that. You thought creatively by doing a cool tie dye kinda split between the two images, which I thought was cool :) Unfortunately Cookie as beautiful as your model is, a lot of things fall flat for me :(. As cool as the tie dye effect was, it could've been pulled off better. It was a little messy honestly. You blurred part of your model's elbow on the right side D: For having your model in the two same exact poses, I had to unfortunately knock some creativity points. The model's outfits aren't the most fashionable, so I docked minor points for that too as it was a requirement. I think if you added heels to the left picture, or went with something besides a tank top, or added accessories it would've been more fashionable. Same for the right side. You're image is also super blurry, and there is a lot of pixelation. Also I still seem edges left over on your sim but they are more noticeable in the left side. I know you can do better though Cookie <3 I know you had a busy week though :c

Cookie with Isabella:
    Image Quality -7/10
    Image Composition -7/10
    Creativity -10/10
    Model Appearance - 7/10
    Relevance -5 /5
    Requirements – 4/5
    Total - 40/50

I really like your idea behind this picture! You really captured the contrasting colors that Mizzie asked for. I love how you made each of the colors behind her clothing items be the actual contrasting color! There were a few things that needed a little work though. The quality needs to be better. The picture of your sim was blurry, the edges of her were pretty jagged, and I felt like the background quality could have been better. As far as the composition goes, I wish you would have centered your picture. It kind of looks like the model on the right was stuck in there as an afterthought and you didn’t have enough room for her. Also, the blur you did down the middle of the two where the colors meet was messy and you caught some of your model’s elbow in it. I actually think it would have had a better effect without the blur and see the colors put right next to each other. She also doesn’t have any kind of a shadow which makes her look pasted onto the background. My last little thing to say about that is, I would have made the lines that separate the wall from the floor actually line up in your pic. I ended up just taking off some points from your model because neither really has very fashionable clothes on but the right one definitely doesn’t. But yeah, overall I liked your picture. I can tell that once you get a little more polished with the technical things, you are going to make some beautiful and creative pictures.

Total: 101/150

8th Place
    Amphy with Dana
    sassykitty_zpsxr4s2inp.png
    Image Quality - 8/10
    Image Composition - 6/10
    Creativity - 6/10
    Model Appearance - 7/10
    Relevance - 3/5
    Requirements - 2/5
    Total - 32/50

Amphy! You need to crop the backgrounds! If you don’t know how, please say you don’t so we can write a mini tutorial. I don’t want to keep docking points when I’ve repeated this, to everyone, a lot. :( The background is in the same color category as the skirt and I wish you had chosen a different background color, like pink. Also, you cut her feet off and the requirement was a full body shot. Remember to double check requirements before you work, while you’re working, and before you submit. Your models quality was actually quite good, we’re just down to removing those pesky white lines now, which is this week’s tutorial! ^-^ I also don’t feel that she was fully fashionable, but I do like the colors choices and the fact that you matched the accessory color to her skirt, and you need a few more accessories to complete the look.

Image Quality - 7/10
    Image Composition - 7/10
    Creativity - 5/10
    Model Appearance - 7/10
    Relevance - 4/5
    Requirements - 1/5
    Total - 31/50

Amphy you did a much better job cutting out your sim this week! I can still see some white edges otherwise though good job :) I am happy to see you're improving. You're model outfit is cute. Cat ears are adorable and does bring a fun element to the image. The pose is a little on the boring side for my but its cute. The major problem is, the requirements asked for a contrasting color background. Blue and green are partners in crime! The skirt really didn't pop to me because of that. Don't worry, I had an assignment like this once, and I did yellow and green and the judge told me the sammeee thing haha. Also the requirements asked for a full body shot and you cut off your model's calves and feet D:. I think this was a decent image overall though and I did like it :) I just think the requirements made you miss this assignment by a bit.

Image Quality - 9/10
    Image Composition - 6/10
    Creativity - 3/10
    Model Appearance - 8/10
    Relevance - 4/5
    Requirements - 3/5
    Total - 33/50

Your picture had bright, pretty colors and the quality of the image of your model was good. This picture needs some work though. The edges of your model still have the white lines. You cut off her feet when it’s supposed to be a full body shot. For a full body shot, you can’t even cut off their toes. Your background could have been a lot more creative. If she didn’t have the white line around her, I might have thought that you just left her on her CAS background. She needs some sort of a shadow to take away the pasted look. There is way too much empty space around her as well. I took away a couple points for your model because, while her outfit was nice and colorful, I felt like it didn’t really flow together and the ears were kind of randomly put on her. They weren’t really fashionable either. Make sure you really read requirements and don’t just do the very bare minimum. Get creative with your pictures.

Total: 96/150
  • Options
    EliavahEliavah Posts: 2,270 Member
    man I proofread my scores and there is still some funky wording there haha. if anyone is confused with what I said please let me know :)
  • Options
    Lol xD

For those wondering why I'm reposting the assignments and challenges up above, it's for future visitors who want to try them out. ^_^

Assignment and Challenge 2 will be up soon.
  • Options
    Also, I hope the post above didn't come out as mean, it's just that the fashion issue has happened twice and the lack of thought into the pose was concerning. If anyone has questions, please don't be afraid to ask, even if it seems silly.

@PeaceSign101 @Amazingamphy @BobSkellington @Gemmabubbles @ayeden @Minstrel @PurpleKenzie19 @BabyCarrotz

Assignment 2 and Challenge 2 are up!

I will be getting these tutorials up tonight, but feel free to get started.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    @MizoreYukii @Eliavah @LeslieM25 Thank you guys for the feedback :) I'll try and do this better next time. Starting an finishing an assignment in an hour probably isn't a good idea :P

Oh and Mizzie, this wasn't the assignment I was describing to you. I had it done, but then I realized I totally messed up and the lighting was HORRIBLE so I had to do this. It obviously didn't turn out to good, but I'll learn one day ;) If you want to see the screenshots that were supposed to be used for the assignment that I described to you, I could show you :)
    Post edited by PeaceSign101 on
    dmlX3n8.jpg