Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Editing & Modeling Tutorials ~

Comments

• Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    @PeaceSign101 Glad you're excited! ^_^

@Amazingamphy Leslie asked a good question! I'm going to guess DeviantArt? DeviantArt has a knack for not allowing you to download stuff periodically. If you are on Deviant, try right clicking and select "Open in New Tab/Window" and it will start the download. This also works for other websites too.

@LeslieM25 Thank you! ^-^ Spent all night on editing again though....Lol

Another quick update: I realized I didn't cover a few things in last weeks tutorials, so I will be placing the updates/new tutorials for last week before this weeks. This weeks tutorials will follow right after, of course, but just letting you guys know beforehand.
  • Options
    PeaceSign101PeaceSign101 Posts: 1,413 Member
    edited August 2015
    @MizoreYukii How much longer until you post the new tutorials, A2 and scores? lol I'm kind of excited about it..

Oh and that edit was awesomeness! I think it's soon goin to become one of my favorite edits!
    dmlX3n8.jpg

• Options
    edited August 2015
    @PeaceSign101 Not sure when. I'm waiting on the last few scores to be sent to me, and I have a few things to finish up for your tutorials. I stayed up all night editing though, so I'm going to be sluggish. Since I'm waiting until the day passes though, I'll go finish up what's left. Hopefully they'll be up soon though!

I'd give a hint....but I'm not sure how to word it. xD Lol

Okay, off for tea!

Edit: Thank you! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    AmazingamphyAmazingamphy Posts: 1,733 Member
    @MizoreYukii It worked!
    HmypxT0.png
    Gone from this place and never coming back. P5 is good
  • Options
    I LOVE THESE OMG
    hair_zpsn7auxdut.png
    HmypxT0.png
  • Options
    I have a question. I'm trying to cut out my Sim so that she can have the transparent background, but every time I select her, some of the dress that she's wearing is cut out. How do I do it so that does not happen?
    dmlX3n8.jpg

• Options
    I have a question. I'm trying to cut out my Sim so that she can have the transparent background, but every time I select her, some of the dress that she's wearing is cut out. How do I do it so that does not happen?

Go to Rectangle Select, and drag over that part of the dress while holding Control (Command on a Mac).
    HmypxT0.png
  • Options

Go to Rectangle Select, and drag over that part of the dress while holding Control (Command on a Mac).

dmlX3n8.jpg

• Options
    @Amazingamphy Glad you got it fixed!

@PeaceSign101 You trying to work on your Runway dress? xD

Don't select your sim, select the background. If your sim's dress is still being selected, you need to use one of the selection tools to remove the selection on her. While the rectangle tool is good for certain areas, it is a rectangle and leaves areas unremoved. Try using your Free Select Tool or your Scissors Select Tool. Hope that helps!
  • Options
    LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    @PeaceSign101 You can also use the lasso select tool while pressing ctrl. I find that easier sometimes, especially around the edges of your sim.
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
  • Options
    LeslieM25 wrote: »
    @PeaceSign101 You can also use the lasso select tool while pressing ctrl. I find that easier sometimes, especially around the edges of your sim.
    :) Thanks!

@Amazingamphy Glad you got it fixed!

@PeaceSign101 You trying to work on your Runway dress? xD

Don't select your sim, select the background. If your sim's dress is still being selected, you need to use one of the selection tools to remove the selection on her. While the rectangle tool is good for certain areas, it is a rectangle and leaves areas unremoved. Try using your Free Select Tool or your Scissors Select Tool. Hope that helps!

Yep I am xD #LastMinute And thanks :)
    dmlX3n8.jpg

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Tra la la la la la. I'm bored, are you guys?
    dmlX3n8.jpg

• Options
    How funny would a game of I spy within the thread be? I can't play because I'm working on some stuff ;), just an idea though.
    GqsONVc.gif
  • Options
    How funny would a game of I spy within the thread be? I can't play because I'm working on some stuff ;), just an idea though.

Haha that would be cool :P
    dmlX3n8.jpg

• Options
    edited August 2015
    I found a really good article about color. It's really good for general knowledge when you're editing your photos. I have always been into art and it sounds funny but I learned a lot about color from going to cosmetology school and doing hair color. Knowing a lot about the colors and how they interact and everything has really helped with my edits so I thought I would share.
    http://char.txa.cornell.edu/language/element/color/color.htm
    GqsONVc.gif
  • Options
    I swear I have no life. All I've been done today is wait for scores. XD #Impatient
    dmlX3n8.jpg

• Options
    Sorry, but as you saw I was rushed into finishing Project Runway. I lost hours to that when I should have been finishing this. :sweat:
    I'm trying to move myself through a sudden energy crash as well, but rest assured that I will have everything up as soon as possible. ^-^
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Sorry, but as you saw I was rushed into finishing Project Runway. I lost hours to that when I should have been finishing this. :sweat:
    I'm trying to move myself through a sudden energy crash as well, but rest assured that I will have everything up as soon as possible. ^-^
    Don't feel pressured or anything to get them up fast. You should take a nap or grab a pizza or something, you've been working hard <3
    dmlX3n8.jpg

• Options
    Do you guys think it's silly for a dog to have a middle name? o.O
    dmlX3n8.jpg

• Options
    Don't feel pressured or anything to get them up fast. You should take a nap or grab a pizza or something, you've been working hard <3

You're so sweet, thank you. ^_^ <3 I stopped working and ate, and now I'm feeling better. I'll try to get these up tonight but they may have to be postponed until tomorrow. I'll work like crazy though so they'll be available at least in the morning.

And I don't know.....It seems kind of silly since they don't need it, but if you want to give them one I don't see the harm in it. xD
  • Options
    Mine have middle names. My boy's name is Theodore Bear for obvious reasons and my girl's name is Roxy Cocoa. When she was at a foster home, before I adopted her, they called her Cocoa. So when I adopted her, I have her a new name but kept her foster name as her middle name lol.
    GqsONVc.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Mine have middle names. My boy's name is Theodore Bear for obvious reasons and my girl's name is Roxy Cocoa. When she was at a foster home, before I adopted her, they called her Cocoa. So when I adopted her, I have her a new name but kept her foster name as her middle name lol.

That's cool :) And finally somebody who thinks I'm not crazy for wanting to give a dog a middle name! XD I'm planning on getting a female Doberman Pinscher soon and everybody has agreed on naming her Bella. But if I gave her a middle name I wanted it to be Maggie ;)

dmlX3n8.jpg

• Options
    GemmabubblesGemmabubbles Posts: 1,737 Member

That's cool :) And finally somebody who thinks I'm not crazy for wanting to give a dog a middle name! XD I'm planning on getting a female Doberman Pinscher soon and everybody has agreed on naming her Bella. But if I gave her a middle name I wanted it to be Maggie ;)

I only have cats but perhaps I should give them middle names. llol! they're little 🐸🐸🐸🐸 tho
    Sims 4 Vampire CC showcase!
    nO4zXfe.png?3
  • Options
    @PeaceSign101 Aww you're sweet :)
    GqsONVc.gif
  • Options
    Ready to lose :*
    HmypxT0.png