Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Happy Play Thread :)

Comments

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    ericaduh wrote: »
    Here's a new screen cap from my game (this thread inspires me to play!)

I love to build but sometimes I get super lazy and I have my sims live in one big ol' square. The exterior of their house is looks nice but they generally live in one big square in the basement, hehe.

HEReks0.jpg

I do this too sometimes :). It's easy to see and direct them. I'm not good playing on different house levels.. especially with multiple sims. I'm really happy this thread was started too.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Hope everyone had a lovely weekend. So excited that American Pharaoh won the Triple Crown!!

I almost never play multi level homes. I'd rather spread out than spread up. I need to be able to see everything that's going on. I do love that we can have basements because I use the mainly for storage or large objects that don't fit anywhere else.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    The basements are a really nice update the Sims 4 got. One of the first basements I built after the patch.
    03-28-15_5-59nbspPM_zps36beks9s.png
    03-28-15_5-58nbspPM-2_zpsbhs1mdwe.png
    03-28-15_6-00nbspPM_zpswlowdaji.png
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    @Scobre that's pretty awesome. Now all you need is a vampire to live in that lair.
    As long as the Sims 3 vampires, zombies, and warewolves don't return sure that would be cool. I don't want to have Twilight vampires again. I hope we get Dracula type vampires again that change into bats like the Sims 2 ones. I would welcome sunscreen so vampires can enjoy the sun sometimes. I do love all those old monster type of movies.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Anyone tried this new hotel mod?

Hotels v1.5
    This adds a new Hotel venue, which sims can live on.
    It also invites 6 sims to act as the guests of the hotel.
    There is also one sim which takes care of cleaning the hotel.

http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=557003
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    @Scobre That looks great ..and I keep learning new stuff. You can build two levels down?

@simgirl1010, That hotel mod like a good idea, I like to sometimes play a central sim and just watch the rest go.. would be good for that.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Anyone tried this new hotel mod?

Hotels v1.5
    This adds a new Hotel venue, which sims can live on.
    It also invites 6 sims to act as the guests of the hotel.
    There is also one sim which takes care of cleaning the hotel.

http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=557003

Okay, this looks really interesting. It makes me think of the women's hotel in Agent Carter.

(Speaking of which, I can't believe I didn't think of putting Peggy Carter in my game!!)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    @Scobre That looks great ..and I keep learning new stuff. You can build two levels down?
    Yep two levels down with basements and one level up since the patch. I love having more floors to fit bedrooms in. I don't always have room for garden plots, so basements are very nice. I was so happy figuring out windows could be put in using MOO. It is one of my favorite patches so far.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Bumping this because I found it on page four on the general. You guys aren't posting anymore to keep your happy thread alive. So, I'm bumping for you since we discussed the general wasn't getting enough happy players posting.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Bumping this because I found it on page four on the general. You guys aren't posting anymore to keep your happy thread alive. So, I'm bumping for you since we discussed the general wasn't getting enough happy players posting.
    @Cinebar
    Thank you!

I have now turned all of Willow Creek into Victorian Homes. There are some really nice Victorian Builds in the Gallery to fit every lot size.
    I'm not a fan of Oasis Springs, so it sits empty, but the new area that we should be getting should be another ideal place for Victorian homes too.
  • Options
    SpidersWebSpidersWeb Posts: 1,027 Member
    I ruined my game by splitting a family and moving household, leaving all items including the huge collection of "Paint by Reference" pictures in the family inventory - which cause them to blank out (bug, but it happens) - this also meant the house I'd worked hard at decorating/making awesome was somewhat ruined. That's all my doing, but it meant I was totally "CBF" about it, and didn't want to play afterwards, kind of wanted to start from scratch but couldn't find any inspiration.

But the happy part - last night I sat down and built a new house for the son, and I managed to rekindle my enjoyment - played for a few hours - so I'm on a roll again. Basements have been epic as I can build large specialized areas without making the house look weird or waste all the lawn space. Would love to see some spiral stairs though.

Something else I'm doing this time around is I reused a Sim from the old household that wasn't a child, or parent of the son, which was kept young with Potions of Youth, to live out more Aspirations. Having a goal like that really helps me enjoy the game further, and now that I've seen we've got much more mod resources out there, tempted to have another crack at a few mods on the weekend.
    Performance, Price, Portability - pick two.
  • Options
    LOL I've been trying to bump it too for people to post in. I agree happy threads should be kept alive especially for good ones like this one.
  • Options
    @SpidersWeb
    I have ruined my game moving a child out before as well. Usually it wipes my collections, and social event achievements which is a real bummer. On the other hand, when that happens to me, I save my main Sim to my library, and completely wipe the game, and start over so I can better add the ideas I have gotten to build an even better game.
  • Options
    @Cinebar
    Thank you!

I have now turned all of Willow Creek into Victorian Homes. There are some really nice Victorian Builds in the Gallery to fit every lot size.
    I'm not a fan of Oasis Springs, so it sits empty, but the new area that we should be getting should be another ideal place for Victorian homes too.

I actually like desert worlds but Oasis Springs is just way too bright for me most days. I wonder when we get weather if the worlds will get dark and gloomy like in the other games like clouds hiding the sun? That would actually be a relief in the OS hood. :)

I would like to see a lot of Victorian Wallpaper for this game, and tiles, but haven't been able to find any since I don't visit the TSR.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    No, problem it had fallen way back too far.
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    edited June 2015
    SpidersWeb wrote: »
    I ruined my game by splitting a family and moving household, leaving all items including the huge collection of "Paint by Reference" pictures in the family inventory - which cause them to blank out (bug, but it happens) - this also meant the house I'd worked hard at decorating/making awesome was somewhat ruined. That's all my doing, but it meant I was totally "CBF" about it, and didn't want to play afterwards, kind of wanted to start from scratch but couldn't find any inspiration.

But the happy part - last night I sat down and built a new house for the son, and I managed to rekindle my enjoyment - played for a few hours - so I'm on a roll again. Basements have been epic as I can build large specialized areas without making the house look weird or waste all the lawn space. Would love to see some spiral stairs though.

Something else I'm doing this time around is I reused a Sim from the old household that wasn't a child, or parent of the son, which was kept young with Potions of Youth, to live out more Aspirations. Having a goal like that really helps me enjoy the game further, and now that I've seen we've got much more mod resources out there, tempted to have another crack at a few mods on the weekend.
    That's too bad about the paintings. The same thing used to happen to me with Sims 3. :( But it's nice to read of your renewed interest in building.
    Nice tip for me as well, when you mention the basements... good place for a lot of large objects.

• Options
    @Cinebar

For Wallpaper and Wall Paint, I found these work pretty well for an "older home" look.

tumblr_npp645pOkn1uw2n86o1_1280.png
    tumblr_npp645pOkn1uw2n86o2_1280.png
    tumblr_npp645pOkn1uw2n86o3_1280.png
    tumblr_npp645pOkn1uw2n86o4_1280.png
    tumblr_npp645pOkn1uw2n86o5_1280.png
  • Options
    @HarmonySims280
    Good idea about the Southwestern style area. Perhaps even a American West Ranch style. Dodge City, here I come!
  • Options
    Those are great room designs, I just wish I had new wallpaper and or could change some of the panels etc. It's along time to play a base game (nine months) and not have any new floors and wallpapers> I guess I need stuff packs galore. lol
  • Options
    @HarmonySims280
    Good idea about the Southwestern style area. Perhaps even a American West Ranch style. Dodge City, here I come!

Tear down all the community lots and replace them with stuff like The Alamo for the museum and thinking about some of the screens you've shared....you could make some brothels, lol.

@HarmonySims280
    You've got some great ideas. That's why I like this thread!

I wonder if we can keep this thread going until they have to start a new thread to keep it going!?
  • Options
    @HarmonySims280

I'll do my best! Perhaps a GTW Retail Store? One of my girls can cook, one can tend bar, one can play piano, one can be hostess, and my "employees" work the floor? 3rd Level Upper rooms can be my private quarters, second floor can be ... well, rooms :)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited June 2015
    @HarmonySims280

I'll do my best! Perhaps a GTW Retail Store? One of my girls can cook, one can tend bar, one can play piano, one can be hostess, and my "employees" work the floor? 3rd Level Upper rooms can be my private quarters, second floor can be ... well, rooms :)

I was gonna say a thing here, then realized it might be non-T-rated. So um ... go for it? Maybe you could sell ... cupcakes!

(edited for a silly typo)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    @HarmonySims280

I was gonna say a thing here, then realized it might be non-T-rated. So um ... go for it? Maybe you could sell ... cupcakes!

(edited for a silly typo)
    It'd need an interaction to allow the "exchange" to occur as well - which I might try as my first custom interaction project (now that we have howtos/examples on the internet) and see how that works out - but yeah doesn't fit the T for Teen concept.

• Options
    Actually that reminds me I still need the GTW expansion pack.
    But on Origin right now, the price is actually what I paid for the full base game last year :/ (I got a discounted version of LE)
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    ericaduh wrote: »
    Here's a new screen cap from my game (this thread inspires me to play!)

I love to build but sometimes I get super lazy and I have my sims live in one big ol' square. The exterior of their house is looks nice but they generally live in one big square in the basement, hehe.

HEReks0.jpg

I do this too sometimes :). It's easy to see and direct them. I'm not good playing on different house levels.. especially with multiple sims. I'm really happy this thread was started too.

Same! I just don't like pressing one extra button just to go up or down. Haha, I'm so lazy.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif