Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Happy Play Thread :)

Comments

• Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member
    @catmando830 @Scobre That hair is a Sims 3 remake, I can't remember who it is by though. I think I have it in my game and will look later if you guys don't find out who.

@ambrown You're family is adorable, I love the alien baby.

@WaxingCrescent05 Those freckles on your Sim are awesome, they make her unique and stand out. Watch out for that Don, though. LOL, he does make a great baby daddy but not that great of a match.

@Ulfric_Grimbrand The micro Goth house, is so cute. Which version is that?

@Osuperlegal The blonde haired Sim at the campsite with your Sim, she is gorgeous. Is she also one of yours? I like the build you did.

@ponderberries Haven't seen any updates on your girls in a while, we need some updates.

@Sha2520032003 Your story sounds interesting, looking forward to some screens from it.

@DeKay Thanks for the vids, I prefer floor plans that I can look at on my iPad while in the game. I am bored building though, I need to find a new way to do it. Seems like all the interiors of my houses are exactly the same, lol. I definitely have a "style" I prefer.

@HarmonySims280 It's the Goth TS1 Home is bySimifyMeCaptain. It fits very nicely at Hollow Slough. I used to have a Cemetery there that I had downloaded because I also thought that was a great name for a Cemetery. But the idea for 4 generations of Goth Homes was way too appealing. Come to think of it, the house I have at Potters Splay is about to get demolished. Not a bad name for a Cemetery either. :)

@Simgirl1010 Hey! You were right. Participating in this thread does get the ideas flowing!
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Morning report: Did not sleep well at all, but giant-green-baby-free :smiley:
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited June 2015
    Can I just say... I love this thread! Thank you so much for making it. It's so refreshing to see a game-play thread and just some nice conversation for once. (: No arguing just good times. ♥ I haven't fully gotten through the thread yet, but I did want to comment real quickly on a few posts.. and I do want to comment on the other pages as well.. but

@HarmonySims280 : Leah is such an interesting and beautiful Sim; I love her insanity, lol. She does look like tons of fun to play! (: Love your pictures and your little commentary between you two, it made me giggle a little bit. :)

@Ponderberries: Oh. My. Goodness. I've seen your Sim in your Avatar, but she is just TOO cute for words, love your pictures too. ♥

I've actually started up this Neighborhood project idea to kind of spice up my game.. creating randomized families.. and scenarios.. which each family connects to another in some way.. like I have my Rich hood and with NewCrest coming out (THANK YOU, EA - this is totally going to help with my project! Perfect timing! ♥).

I'll probably make the bigger lots where the rich Sims all live.. and then another space will be where the "middle class" live and then I'll have a suburban area/Cul De Sac area.. basically.. just going to be creating a bunch of 'plots' and twists.. to create some drama, romance, etc for my Sims.. because I've actually never had a Sim cheat before.. but one of my scenarios is that the wife and husband are cheating, due to unhappy marriage.. (I hate this.. and it's going to be extremely hard to actually let it happen... so this will be a challenge all in itself.. :x).

Another family has two teenage daughters and a little daughter.
    Another family has two identical twin sons. They're rich. Hehe.. you could say that these two families will definitely 'connect' together.. some point in my rotational play.

Just a few examples, I'm super excited to get started with it. I'll be posting the pictures on my Tumblr once it's completed.

Alright, got to go take my little brother to ball practice. Be back with more comments on your posts. (:
    Post edited by OneAdorkableGirl on
    @OneAdorkableGirl - I didn't know the game did identical twins!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    edited June 2015
    @Luthienrising: It doesn't. I'm just going to create the family in CAS; and then the two boys using the Twin Genetics thing.. and try to get them as close as possible... if not maybe I'll save that scenario for another time.. if we get a clone option in CAS, but you know.. now that I think about it... because of GTW, there is a cloning machine.. soo I could probably try using that, lol. I don't know.. I'll figure something out because it's seriously trying to mess with my plans! DaRn it. I'm a little sad now. q_q

Could have sworn I saw something in CAS/CAS Demo that said "Identical Twin". *crying*.

Edit: Alright, so I did some testing. The one on the right is my Sim Safara from my Four Immortal Sisters Challenge; the one on the left is the Sim I created using the "Twin" feature. I'd say... they're "almost" identical... it looks like I would need to fix her eyebrows, make her cheeks a little less rounded, and her nose not as wide. But I'd say that they look pretty spot on with the mouth.. and the eyes.. (in CAS she actually has wider eyes like Safara; it's just a bad timing picture of her.) Of course, the hair and hair color is randomized.. so I didn't change it.. but yeah. with red hair, I'd say they were almost identical.

18488817785_c39fd9f5d0_o.jpg
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Giving it a try to post a pic of my own.

I am having so much fun with my little town. I play rotationally so there are several families that I follow. Fairy Gotmother, the alien and her boyfriend Laurent Sparks. Fairy takes care of the town, since she is the only alien cleared for earth contact she is obligated to kill all other aliens she encounters, good thing her boyfriend is a gardener with a friendly little cowplant. She is my avatar pretty much but not my favorite sim.

Laurant%20Sparks%20ghost_zpskvghyu6x.png
    Laurent recently became a ghost. My first ever ghost, I was so worried that he wouldn't show up. He and Fairy are so sweet when they both are glowing happy or pink together :smile:

Smith%20family_zpsmutkl8jg.png
    Here's my main family, they happily living their lives unawares of aliens and such things. I have been playing this couple for forever. I play with the long lifespan and still pause it a lot. It's just so nice to be with them. The wife Sable is my own sim and her husband José is a sim from Avianator, with modified traits. Soon they will age up to adult *sniffle*

Ohh, and I love the Gallery in this game. The house they live in is Modern Oasis by Origin ID SmartSimOrange. It's a great little house. They will move soon and I sure will miss it.
  • JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    I'm not a fan of TS4 and currently play TS3 but this was/is a lovely thread and I do like to see what simmers who do enjoy the game are doing with it!
    OP I love your garden! It's absolutely beautiful and gardening happens to be a real life hobby of mine and it's one of my favorite things to do in the game!
  • WaxingCrescent05WaxingCrescent05 Posts: 577 Member
    @catmando830 @Scobre and anybody wanting that hair....

It is a conversion of the Sims 3 Newsea hair Nightbloom. I don't know where they got it but here are a couple of links.

http://pickypikachu.blogspot.com/2012/12/newsea-nightbloom-pookd-and-chopped.html

http://nessasims.tumblr.com/post/108626854608/newsea-nightbloom-pooklets-texture-and-color#

I like the first one better, it seems to match the Sims 4 style more by being less shiny.

Ah, thank you. I spent an hour looking for it last night but couldn't seem to place what it was called or where I got it from. My mods folder is a bit of a mess so that wasn't any help lol.
    Follow my Simblr at FauntleroySims, or my Twitter @fauntleroysims! I'm kind of a noob to social media rn XD
    Origin ID: Eve0053
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit - Intel Core i7-6700K 4GHz (8 CPUs) - 16GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Dedicated VRAM - Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB
  • HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Also, I'm searching for some building tips, if anyone has some, feel free to share with me.

(Very pretty garden and park you did! It brings me a feeling like I am in the picture.)

You can watch a couple of videos from this guy. I love his builds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSEbsyTpyxo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ1_C9mhQIw

yay! Thank you.

Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    @Osuperlegal The blonde haired Sim at the campsite with your Sim, she is gorgeous. Is she also one of yours? I like the build you did.

No haha, I downloaded her from the gallery, It's actually a sim version of one of my favorite singers, iamamiwhoami.
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    WONDERFUL Thread.
    These are the kind of threads I come to the forums to read
    As OP mentioned the reason we come to the forums is to get inspired and see what other players can offer.
    I might share some of mine later.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
    @OneAdorkableGirl
    You can create the first son using Genetics, save him to your library, and then pull the saved family into the current family. Them delete the extra set of parents, and set relationships in CAS. I do that for my identical twins.
    @Ulfric_Grimbrand - I LOVE you. D; Thank you so much for the suggestion! Definitely will give this a try. ♥
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Twins born in the game can be identical twins too : there's a first coin flip to decide if it's twin or single baby, then a second one to decide if they are identical or not, I don't rememer the odd though. I have three sets of identical twins in my game :)
  • WaxingCrescent05WaxingCrescent05 Posts: 577 Member
    @catmando830 @Scobre
    BTW I found where I got my retexture of that hair. It's in a collection from artemis. Really nice textures over there.
    http://artemis-sims.tumblr.com/post/107638655421/newsea-hair-dump-the-sims-4-credit-newsea
    Follow my Simblr at FauntleroySims, or my Twitter @fauntleroysims! I'm kind of a noob to social media rn XD
    Origin ID: Eve0053
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit - Intel Core i7-6700K 4GHz (8 CPUs) - 16GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Dedicated VRAM - Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited June 2015
    I've seen many comments from simmers wondering why simmers who are happy with and having fun with the game on the forum if we're having so much fun with the game. For me, sharing my game and seeing what others are doing is an integral part of my total simming experience. You get ideas, tips, and just a general sense of community from knowing others are also having fun with the game. So I thought I'd create this thread so simmers who are enjoying the game could share that enjoyment. Please feel free to share what's happening in your game, introduce your families, post when you or your sims reach a milestone. Share any tips you have for making the game more enjoyable, any mods you come across, any awesome custom content, any game tutorials. Ask your game play related questions. I'm sure there is a lot that we'd all like to see implemented and we can share those ideas also. Let's please remain respectful of one another and see how long it takes to reach the first goal of 50 pages! Happy Simming!

And to start us off I'd like to share my Perfect Garden from the Gallery.

Thanks so much to samhui1230 for the original beautiful lot. I turned it into a perfect garden now available for download. There is a base game version and also a version with Outdoor Retreat plants. The lot is coded as residential but you can easily turn it into a National Park. There is also a basement. I turned it into a rec center and it seems very popular with my neighborhood sims.

Right now I have mine coded as a National Park which only requires a grill, trash can, and picnic table. Once we get the new neighborhoods I might move it to a larger lot and change it to a Park.

Lot_zpsiahj6qu2.png

Perfect%20Garden%20Base%20Game_zpsqru9wygb.png

My origin id is SIMGIRL1010.

ETA: I wanted to add if there are any disrespectful comments please just ignore or report if necessary. Thanks!

Thank you for making this thread :). I feel it is needed.
    I love both of these lots. Can you tell me if that garden lot can be set to community. I think with all the new lots available I'd love to make a large community garden with perfect plants, haven't tried it yet and was wondering if it can be done.

I'll just use yours actually :smiley: Does it have every plant? .. (this was edited in)
    egTcBMc.png
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    @catmando830 @Scobre
    BTW I found where I got my retexture of that hair. It's in a collection from artemis. Really nice textures over there.
    http://artemis-sims.tumblr.com/post/107638655421/newsea-hair-dump-the-sims-4-credit-newsea

Thank you
    edited June 2015
    This should probably go into the my favorite screen shots thread, but here is Ulfric, with his live in girlfriends, dancing (imagining they're dancing to his music).

tumblr_nph8o2xlUK1uw2n86o1_1280.png

Their outfits are their Career Outfits when they got hired by Daniel Pleasant to work in his clothing shop. They all four now despise Daniel ;)

Edited my improper use of Their ....
    Post edited by Ulfric_Grimbrand on
    This should probably go into the my favorite screen shots thread, but here is Ulfric, with his live in girlfriends, dancing (imagining they're dancing to his music).

tumblr_nph8o2xlUK1uw2n86o1_1280.png

They're outfits are their Career Outfits when they got hired by Daniel Pleasant to work in his clothing shop. They all four now despise Daniel ;)

Lucky Ulfric!
    egTcBMc.png
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Also, I'm searching for some building tips, if anyone has some, feel free to share with me.

(Very pretty garden and park you did! It brings me a feeling like I am in the picture.)

You can watch a couple of videos from this guy. I love his builds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSEbsyTpyxo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ1_C9mhQIw

Thanks for the links. I'll have to check them out. I came to the conclusion a long time ago that I'd never be as good as some of the awesome builders in the community so I'm so grateful to them for sharing their creations. Sam for CAW. I think I maybe opened it once or twice to try to create a world and was just so frustrated. I do feel better knowing that at least I gave it try.
    ambrown wrote: »
    i LOVE this thread!
    i am currently playing my first legacy challenge, Gwen is the founder, she is the one in my picture her husband Lawson just died of old age a few hours ago, she is patiently waiting for his ghost to appear now! She also has one daughter named Juniper who is married with a daughter named Pheobe Gwen.
    Gwen also has 2 step children via Lawson getting abducted twice, Ezra and Amelia are her step kids.
    Ezra is off and married to a half alien girl named Ariella, whose mother Elora was Gwen's dear friend before she passed on.
    Ariella and Ezra have two children, a daughter named Elora and a son named Lawson :)

Here's some pics

Lawson & Gwen
    b7glko.png

Oldest Daughter Juniper with husband Alejandro
    24e0w82.png

Son Ezra with wife Ariella & daughter Elora
    jja7eq.png

Gwen mourning over Lawson, this picture just breaks my heart :'(
    5xu842.jpg

Lawson and Gwen looked so cute together. <3 Such a sad pic of Gwen. :'(
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I've seen many comments from simmers wondering why simmers who are happy with and having fun with the game on the forum if we're having so much fun with the game. For me, sharing my game and seeing what others are doing is an integral part of my total simming experience. You get ideas, tips, and just a general sense of community from knowing others are also having fun with the game. So I thought I'd create this thread so simmers who are enjoying the game could share that enjoyment. Please feel free to share what's happening in your game, introduce your families, post when you or your sims reach a milestone. Share any tips you have for making the game more enjoyable, any mods you come across, any awesome custom content, any game tutorials. Ask your game play related questions. I'm sure there is a lot that we'd all like to see implemented and we can share those ideas also. Let's please remain respectful of one another and see how long it takes to reach the first goal of 50 pages! Happy Simming!

And to start us off I'd like to share my Perfect Garden from the Gallery.

Thanks so much to samhui1230 for the original beautiful lot. I turned it into a perfect garden now available for download. There is a base game version and also a version with Outdoor Retreat plants. The lot is coded as residential but you can easily turn it into a National Park. There is also a basement. I turned it into a rec center and it seems very popular with my neighborhood sims.

Right now I have mine coded as a National Park which only requires a grill, trash can, and picnic table. Once we get the new neighborhoods I might move it to a larger lot and change it to a Park.

Lot_zpsiahj6qu2.png

Perfect%20Garden%20Base%20Game_zpsqru9wygb.png

My origin id is SIMGIRL1010.

ETA: I wanted to add if there are any disrespectful comments please just ignore or report if necessary. Thanks!

Thank you for making this thread :). I feel it is needed.
    I love both of these lots. Can you tell me if that garden lot can be set to community. I think with all the new lots available I'd love to make a large community garden with perfect plants, haven't tried it yet and was wondering if it can be done.

I'll just use yours actually :smiley: Does it have every plant? .. (this was edited in)

Yes it can be set to community. I have mine coded as National Park and as soon as we get our new neighborhoods I might move it to a larger lot and add the additional objects to turn it into a Park. And yes, the Base Game version has all plants up to Outdoor Retreat and the Outdoor Retreat version has all plants. Neither of them has the Cowplant.

So many new posts! Just got back from the eye doctor and my eyes are still dilated so will finish comments later. :)
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    Firstly ty for making this thread, it's a great idea and there ain't many positive threads round here.
    Secondly, my plans are to make Don lothario a new girlfriend, maybe even wife. Idk I feel bad for the guy tht he's single and he don't seem to like single much.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
    emmaning wrote: »
    Firstly ty for making this thread, it's a great idea and there ain't many positive threads round here.
    Secondly, my plans are to make Don lothario a new girlfriend, maybe even wife. Idk I feel bad for the guy tht he's single and he don't seem to like single much.

Can he manage just one?!
    emmaning wrote: »

Can he manage just one?!

Love it this is how my Don responds to acts of deep affection but then again they aren't good friends here. He gets really upset or worse if he gets rejected though :)
    hw0tci.jpg
    egTcBMc.png