Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Happy Play Thread :)

Comments

• Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I can't wait for the new Stuff Pack to arrive, I'm so glad Maxis is adding an interactive Fountain and Wishing Well, I was literally asking for these in Get Together when I saw the Fountain, this is gonna be so cool! I can't wait to see what people do with the content in this Pack for their builds! <3
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    @Prink34320 I'm looking forward to it too :) once it comes we'll be that much closer to a new gp or ep hehe.
    02-02-16_6-30-04nbspPM_zpsveslryyb.png
    One morning Grim pulls Brenda aside to talk to her a little, she noticed he's doing that ominous throat sound he usually saves for reaping which was like a nervous habit.
    "What's on your mind babe?"
    "I was thinking...since the cult is going so well that we should add to it."
    "Oh wonderful I have just the idea of which sim we could recruit."
    "That's great but I'd rather an addition of our own."
    "...you want a baby?"
    "Of course, the cult needs an heir I'll have to leave this world at some point too."
    "..........."
    "What?"
    "Can you make a baby?"
    "I have another form I'll have you know."
    02-02-16_6-31-42nbspPM_zpsm0zh5cfz.png
    "Then everything is gravy let's get ready for that, first I have to go see Markus."
    He's been calling her all morning actually, not just in the story I believe he misses her.
    02-02-16_6-45-52nbspPM_zpsw0odpsps.png
    Brenda finds something more casual and wonders what Markus wants, Grim didn't say anything but he doesn't really want her getting close to another man.
    02-02-16_6-50-55nbspPM_zpsr5snbwuo.png
    When she arrives she doesn't see Markus but Janet is around, looks close to having her kid though it's a little strange to Brenda.
    "I didn't know you were pregnant Janet."
    "Well you don't live here and you don't talk to me how would you know?"
    "I talk to Markus and he didn't mention it...is that his baby?"
    "How dare y.."
    "Cut the llama spit girl, I know you guys don't even like eating together."
    "...Ugh no, obviously it's Malik's."
    "Your massage therapist? How cliche."
    "I really hate you you know."
    "I'm not fond of you either cupcake."
    02-02-16_6-56-32nbspPM_zpsczn9zcjm.png
    Markus came home and after talking for a little bit Janet joined them, there is a silent battle going on between the friend and the wife.
    'I'm telling he deserves better.'
    'Try it and I'll push you off the balcony.'
    02-02-16_6-57-59nbspPM_zpsaybihmt1.png
    Janet wandered off when Brenda didn't say anything and she immediately told Markus what Janet said.
    02-02-16_7-04-07nbspPM_zpsdwnfb4eg.png
    After going off for a bit Markus said he wanted to be alone, Janet heard him yelling and Brenda left them to argue one could say she could ignore it but she's not that sort of friend it wasn't Janet's fortune and she didn't want her taking advantage of her friend.
    02-02-16_7-07-45nbspPM_zps2lsnuhxn.png
    Janet was not pleased with her.
    "You should have kept your nose out of it."
    "And you should have been faithful, loser."
    "Get out of my house!"
    "It's not your house so there."
    "I hate you so much."
    "Been there done that come up with something more interesting to say to me."
    02-02-16_7-13-17nbspPM_zpsg0x6e18b.png
    Brenda talked to Markus for a little while before she went home, Grim was already preparing for the night.
    "Sienna prepare the bonfire, the lady and I have an announcement to make."
    "Yes master."
    02-02-16_7-21-11nbspPM_zpsiweo8ggx.png
    They let their minions get ready then came up to join them to share the news, most of them were happy.
    02-02-16_7-22-12nbspPM_zpsvpmzezfl.png
    Alice finds it laughable and actually left before the "ceremony" was complete.
    02-02-16_7-23-17nbspPM_zps7mg77dib.png
    Brenda watched her leave while Sienna changed the color of the fire, red I think I picked lol, for passion and good luck as far as she saw it, Grim excused them for the rest of the night to do as they pleased.
    02-02-16_7-27-26nbspPM_zpsrxs1rpoy.png
    The "good luck" worked and they are now expecting their first cult baby, actually before Brenda left he rolled a whim to marry her, clearly he's in deep already lol.
    "Grim..what is the child going to look like?"
    "I will show you soon my dear, for now go and eat I must prepare it."
    02-02-16_7-35-32nbspPM_zpsxt8azxnh.png
    Grim hopes she will like this form.
    02-02-16_7-36-36nbspPM_zpsq0bxgnam.png
    Come now, don't tell me you expected anyone else to be under the cloak hehehe
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    edited February 2016
    Whoa! Death as Ulfric? What a twist! :naughty: Now that's a cameo! *applauds!* Great job @RedDestiny92

ADDED: OR at least looks like him.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    Great updates everyone!

0gBmPgV.png
    Jordan made that face when he played cards with Zachary. He's like, "I'm going to win!"

qTu6WN1.png
    Looks like Zachary got something and he's heading the way of being the winner of the card game!

PwUdfUK.png
    As a geek, Zachary loves finding collectables!

OLZ3vQ9.png
    Jordan already knew Mason and Zachary is meeting him for the first time.

CK5jkuh.png
    Jordan looking great in his blue astronaut suit!

53qI6mj.png
    Jordan and Andy watching sports. Bros just love watching sports, don't they? Andy is upset that his favorite football team fumbled.
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • Options
    @LosaruTaiyo hehe I'm glad you like it, oh no that is definitely Ulfric under the death costume, I just have some extra cc on him :smiley:
    @Simslover163 that's the face of someone who is either winning or planning to cheat, do you have an extra card Jordan lol
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    @RedDestiny92 His scheming look gave the feeling he's planning to cheat :tongue:
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • Options
    @Simslover163 no kidding :smiley: that's a really nice picture just because I love his expression lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    @LosaruTaiyo hehe I'm glad you like it, oh no that is definitely Ulfric under the death costume, I just have some extra cc on him :smiley:
    @Simslover163 that's the face of someone who is either winning or planning to cheat, do you have an extra card Jordan lol

Oh yes. I looked at it after and there's only one man with those locks, hat and facial hair. @Ulfric_Grimbrand You are apparently a very suave angel of death. :naughty:
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Options
    Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member
    @RedDestiny92 All I can say is ..... WOOT!!!! I like it!
    @LosaruTaiyo When I caught the side view in the first shot, I was like. WHOA ... I'm there!!!!
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Time for another look into the lives of the Northwest Family!

qpsaye.jpg
    Steven wakes up for his first day of school and for some reason takes his food upstairs with him to eat. I put an end to it (I was afraid he was going to try to walk in on his sister who was taking a shower) and quickly send him back downstairs to eat at the table like a normal person instead.

2pqoles.jpg
    After breakfast he ponders moves to get himself focused for school. Since it's his first day he'll be meeting new people and making friends (I tend to have them do that their first day, then have them work hard until they get to an A level (unless they are in bad moods for whatever reason then I don't force them to work hard) and then rotating between that and working normally once they get their A level) but I figured it would hurt for him to be focused while doing so.

23gy9ed.jpg
    Mable returns home from work that afternoon embarrassed. Not sure why we didn't have any chance cards that day and the moodlet was pretty unhelpful for giving me a reason why.

6izjao.jpg
    When she gets home Pearl invites her cousin over. We do this soley to show that he's aged up to a teenager. I'd already given him him make-over via Manage World.

2qatmia.jpg
    So this is Noel son of my Second Generation Middle Child Wendy and Malcolm Landgraab. He gained Music Lover to go with his Gloomy trait and the Mansion Baron Aspiration like his grandmother (though for some reason he didn't gain the trait to go along with it maybe because he hasn't actually been played?). He looks a lot like his mother but his nose is all his dad's.

20sxb1s.jpg
    I still have Mable work out from time to time even though she has no need to do it anymore. Mostly it's when she get whims for it but sometimes when I just need something different for her to do.

qyy0ig.jpg
    Wendy shows up and since Steven is in need of some adult friends for his aspiration I have him introduce himself to her. He quickly shows off his mad facial expression skills to her.

643ui9.jpg
    Grenda shows up while this is taking place extremely pregnant. I am happy to see this because none of the pictures in the game were actually showing her as being pregnant and I was worried she may have glitched out during the move. (Sorry for the walls being down it was the only way I could capture her belly properly lol.

jr3arn.jpg
    ih4m0o.jpg
    Eventually Steven and Wendy become friends.

j8jy9k.jpg
    Since I spent time working on Steven's aspiration I turn my attention to Pearl's.

2yplyeo.jpg
    Jace makes dinner and I'm reminded that I need to put things on these corners so that they don't prepare food there. It's not a huge deal but...it sort of is to me lol.

2rz3szd.jpg
    After Jace eats we get a notification that it's his birthday. I have Mable make his cake because there's a house rule in his household that no one can make their own birthday cake. Jace cleans the counter while he waits for cake.

eufvyd.jpg
    11ahfmp.jpg
    Despite her low level of cooking Mable's cake turns out fine. (I have had Sims in other households screw up birthday cakes so it is possible...messed up cakes are still usable as cakes though I wouldn't recommend having Sims eat them)

sfktvk.jpg
    Jace twirls into adulthood. He doesn't seem super excited by the prospsect.

15d1f2c.jpg
    Pearl: You're a little late buddy, he's already done the sparkle dance.

21j9hmx.jpg
    After a little bit he seems to settle into the idea of being an adult now.

I can't believe Gen 2 are now adults...not long before I loose them :-( But I still have their adulthood and their elderhood. That's plenty of good times with them to still enjoy!
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    @LosaruTaiyo yep yep, I only found that hair since I was going through hair on modthesims when I was bored, it could have been anyone but I mean Ulfric already has Grim in his name lol.
    @Ulfric_Grimbrand Lol I'm glad, as he's awfully fun to play with and kidnap, of course if I used him again I figured he could do something besides get everyone pregnant heh.
    @3KNPen I often get so attached to my sim families I hate seeing them go when I've played with them for a while, I remember one family lost three members in a fire caused by ice cream sad day.
    wow I've posted a lot guess I should play more instead :smiley:
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    CK, your cat ladies are gorgeous. The other night I noticed my sim shoving his wife at the club for the first time. She was grungy, and I'm not sure if his needs were low. She didn't get upset so I don't know what triggers it. Perhaps being at the club?
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    @LosaruTaiyo I never really liked legacies, until I started playing with Yumi, so this is gonna be so hard for me D: I don't really want to think about Cosmo's reaction. His bar still has a little bit more to go, so poor guy has to live without his wife for some time :/
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    @3KNPen I think Steven might be my fav lil guy yet. He's rather quirky. And don't worry Jace, adulthood isn't that scary...lol.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Options
    Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member
    @RedDestiny92 @LosaruTaiyo
    I'm not sure if I mentioned this on here before, but there is a story behind Ulfric Grimbrand. Way, way back in my military days, I played a lot of Dungeons and Dragons. Ulfric was a character of mine. A Ranger (1st Edition D&D). His name came from an article in Dragon Magazine of Old English words.

Ulf = Wolf
    Ric = King
    Grim = Savage
    Brand = Blade or Sword.

So he name means, Wolf King of the Savage Sword.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,540 Member
    edited February 2016
    CK, your cat ladies are gorgeous. The other night I noticed my sim shoving his wife at the club for the first time. She was grungy, and I'm not sure if his needs were low. She didn't get upset so I don't know what triggers it. Perhaps being at the club?

It was the first time I'd seen it, so it really took me by surprise.
    It makes me wonder what else I haven't seen.

The cat girls really take advantage of the catwalk entrance to my dance club.
    02-03-16_1-34-57nbspAM.png

I guess Bastet has become my favorite.
    02-03-16_1-38-28nbspAM.png

Yeah, sure you will make a great addition, pal.
    You and every other guy trying to worm their way into Cat Girl club.
    Denied!
    Denied.png

I am looking for anything I can find that I can twist towards cat girl game play.
    Bastet has found the Sims version of catnip.
    02-03-16_1-30-17nbspAM.png

Huckleberry.
    02-03-16_1-31-38nbspAM.png

02-03-16_1-31-54nbspAM.png

It leaves her dazed and she can get a wish to take a cat nap.
    I'll probably use it when there they are bored, tense, or don't have much to do. They will grow their own. ;)
    02-03-16_7-24-43nbspAM.png
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited February 2016
    You know, when this game first launched I loved it and played for hours, then I think I let all the drama around the internet get to me some and also my disappointment in not seeing content I really wanted included and just didn't play for a long time. Then a few weeks ago, I thought, "Hey me?! Why the plum did you spend all those dollars on a game you don't even play?" So I loaded it up and have been having a blast with it. I even repurchased Get Drunk Together (sorry, old habits die hard) and while I still hate the club gatherings aspect, the night time locations and new items and interactions make it loads of fun to play with. Yep, the game has issues and its missing some things I really loved from previous games... But the truth is, every single version of The Sims has had irritating problems. Just a matter of which ones we can and can't live with yeah?

TLdr: I'm a dork. I let ridiculous things influence whether or not I'd enjoy a game I was already enjoying. When I quit doing that its fun agian and I can't wait to see what'll be next.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    @Ulfric_Grimbrand That is interesting. Losaru actually came from a story I wrote when I was in Jr. High that was essentially my first 'novel' as it had chapters. Was your D&D Grimbard into the ladies as well?...lol

@CK213 Do the girls ever get the whim to collect bugs? AKA Catch a butterfly or something? X3

@duhboy2u2 Quite profound. I haven't tried much with the clubs yet, but if you're someone like me that also uses the Sims for storytelling, I think they work great for things such as making up 'classes' or other 'businesses'. @Mightydan for example, used the club system to create a Daycare. I plan on trying them finally once the next patch rolls around. Currently I'm building and having some adventures with my realtor Sim, Maria

Of course games have their ups and downs, Sims 4 is no exception. Heck there are some things even I still miss. But as referenced, internet drama can influence one quite a bit..

Here we celebrate the fun we have with what we are enjoying of it, sometimes with CC, sometimes with not. Sometimes just a funny moment, sometimes full on legacies.

I'm a bit new to the thread so I'm not sure if you ever posted here before, but whether you have or not, do share any of your sims' experiences. No need to fear. :3 Doesn't even need to be in pictures either. Can't wait to see and/or read. :)
    Post edited by LosaruTaiyo on
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Options
    So I was playing, and suddenly I get a notification that there is a fire on the lot, so everyone naturally ran around in panic. Then I get another notification that Yumi is dying, and for some reason I thought I could reset Yumi, but then she just turned into an urn.

I ended up going to the main menu without saving, because this was a little too much for me. But I also can't stop laughing, because the whole thing was absolutely ridiculous :joy:
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    So I was playing, and suddenly I get a notification that there is a fire on the lot, so everyone naturally ran around in panic. Then I get another notification that Yumi is dying, and for some reason I thought I could reset Yumi, but then she just turned into an urn.

I ended up going to the main menu without saving, because this was a little too much for me. But I also can't stop laughing, because the whole thing was absolutely ridiculous :joy:

:D Oh man, and I thought my sim Peter catching the house on fire Christmas was bad (yes we didn't save that. I wanted my Christmas pics without the BBQ thank you...lol) I'd hate to think what it would have been like for poor Cosmo if you hadn't went back to the main menu. :joy:
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,540 Member
    @CK213 Do the girls ever get the whim to collect bugs? AKA Catch a butterfly or something? X3

I didn't see a whim for catching butterflies or bugs when I created the trait. I do have them down for catching frogs. Actually snatching at butterflies did come to mind at the time, but I chose frogs because it was the closest thing I could find.

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    CK213 wrote: »

I didn't see a whim for catching butterflies or bugs when I created the trait. I do have them down for catching frogs. Actually snatching at butterflies did come to mind at the time, but I chose frogs because it was the closest thing I could find.

You created the trait? Using that trait factory thing? Cool! And I can see frogs. Just more common for cats chasing butterflies here because, as far as I know, we don't really have frogs around here. :(
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Options

:D Oh man, and I thought my sim Peter catching the house on fire Christmas was bad (yes we didn't save that. I wanted my Christmas pics without the BBQ thank you...lol) I'd hate to think what it would have been like for poor Cosmo if you hadn't went back to the main menu. :joy:

I actually had to pause my game and just stare at nothing for a few minutes. The whole thing was so funny, and I already called my sister and told her what happened (she had a similar experience in TS2). The only thing that annoys me, is that I didn't save for some time, so there are three sim days I have to play again. I also completed her aspiration right before she died, so I need to have her paint 24/7 until she makes the last masterpiece she needs :neutral:

I was actually tempted to save it, but no one witnessed the death, so I decided against it :D
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    @Cuddleblaine You pretty much had a "What? What? moment. Had that back Christmas, although it was with aliens. :joy: Basically a moment the game that you can't help but laugh so hard that you can't believe what happened. Hah. Best wishes to Yumi to complete her aspiration before she passes. Like Galaxy I'm sure she will definitely be missed.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Options
    @Ulfric_Grimbrand that's really cool must be why he so easily commands everyone love or hate when he lives with them :smiley:
    @LosaruTaiyo the clubs do work pretty well for story telling, a country club of snooty ladies, a club for prison inmates if needed the leader could be a cop, I saw on another site some were making a church and they encouraged some of the spa activities for the worship group, depends on how creative one wants to get. I like all the games for their good points, and the bad well all that matters is that the game runs at all but that's just how I look at it.
    02-03-16_2-56-03nbspAM_zpsgtqbhh2f.png
    While Grim goes looking for Brenda to show her his other form he sees that his minions don't know how to clean up without his orders.
    02-03-16_3-22-35nbspAM_zpsr8fzcaqh.png
    He misses Brenda as she avoids Darien on her way to the room, she's having some morning sickness that makes her hate most people, I think Darien has a little crush on her, even before he met her he always wants to talk to her first thing in the morning and tends to follow her pretty often. Funny, another minion needs to be re-brainwashed.
    02-03-16_3-24-20nbspAM_zps8wd77z8b.png
    At first seeing Ulfric she was caught by surprise he wasn't so sure she actually liked it, of course she did though she didn't think he looked anything like that under the cloak.
    02-03-16_3-24-55nbspAM_zps6a78rt81.png
    Being the man that he is he demands proof that she likes this form, as he only has one and he picked it specifically for her.
    02-03-16_3-25-38nbspAM_zpscimjz15i.png
    02-03-16_3-26-25nbspAM_zps1u0lirw8.png
    ..no I didn't get the poses just for them hehe okay I did lol, love them though.
    02-03-16_3-28-59nbspAM_zpsinl8smhg.png
    It's a little exhausting using a sub form.
    02-03-16_3-29-34nbspAM_zpssgs2fjig.png
    Bjorn listens to make sure they aren't coming down, he has misunderstood the rules, he thinks that as long as they don't know he can contact his wife so he hurries to text her before anyone sees.
    02-03-16_3-39-33nbspAM_zpsbuuc8tb3.png
    Gets away with it just as Darien comes in the room, this creeper is probably under your bed tonight.
    02-03-16_3-52-53nbspAM_zpsaokbyyxb.png
    The movie is practically watching them as they watch you. :smile:
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png