Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UNDER RENOVATION Challenge 35

Comments

• Options
    mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    Am I allowed to change the railing on the second floor?!
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• Options
    lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    That was really cool @Zita1966z :) I'm always so impressed how different we all see things! And, I think everyone has done such an amazing job! Can't wait to see more!
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member

I hope so because I changed all railings to fit!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Also, are Spandrels allowed?! I sorta have a thing for them! ;)
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    Also, are Spandrels allowed?! I sorta have a thing for them! ;)

Yes my dear they are <3

• Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member

I hope so because I changed all railings to fit!

Railings can be changed yes. It is only the walls and foundation that is not allowed to change :)
  • Options
    NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    edited June 2015
    Under Renovation: Challenge 1
    Origin ID:MzHicks
    Forum ID:NHicks
    Link to gallery: http://www.thesims.com/gallery/EC7461870BAB11E580034952BAB0DA01?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=MzHicks&max=25
    Street name of build: 2 Park Aveneue
    Cheats used: MOO, showhiddenobjects, ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement
    Total cost of renovation after upload:$49,995
    Would you like to receive any critique? Yes Please! =)

2%20Park%20Avenue_zpsd6stixtk.jpg

06-05-15_1-59nbspPM_zpsnnsvv2wq.png

06-05-15_2-01nbspPM-5_zps5djur8bs.png
    Post edited by Nhicks on
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
  • Options
    Origin ID: mommataurus2
    Forum ID: mommataurus2
    Link to gallery: Got the Oops Message
    Street name of build: 20 Pikes Peak Hill Rd.
    Cheats used: bb.moveobjects on and bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement
    Total cost of renovation after upload: 47,724
    Would you like to receive any critique? Sure
    Personal comment: The Little Girls room is my favorite but I couldn't get a good shot of it to share.

00-filled.jpg

f23zfMg.png

RjLwBmr.png

momma-new-sig-3.gif

• Options
    Wow @mommataurus2 That's great! I love how rustic it is!

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    1818 Lisa Lane is a very nice home! @lisa17ann :) The stone texture of the exterior looks nice. It looks very nice how you have done the patterned footpath leading up to the entrance. The flowers look very pretty along the front edge of the home! The plants are nice touches on each side of the start of the footpath and either side of seat on the front porch. Sims will enjoy sitting on the front porch seat, enjoying the sunshine. The wall lights are nice touches on the front exterior walls. It looks nice how you have placed plants around the base of the trees in the front garden. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The kitchen and dining area is very nice! It is a nice light filled area for sims to enjoy the sunlight coming in through the windows whilst cooking and dining there. The yellow colour of the kitchen walls looks sunny and nice! The island sink and bar stool counter is great! The plants on the dining table are nice touches of green in the room. It looks nice how you have placed a shelf between the cabinets and have utensils on it. The living room is very nice! The patterned floor rug complements well with the colour of the sofa and armchair. The green plants are nice touches of nature on the coffee table and on the table behind the sofa . It looks nice how you have placed the lamps either sides of the plants. Sims will enjoy sitting there reading a book. Child sims will have fun playing on the monkey bars in the backyard.
    The home is very nice. :)
  • Options
    @lisa17ann ya Rustic is my thing. Always dreamed of living in Colorado and having a Christmas tree farm where you cut your own and there would be a little homemade bath and beauty shop in the barn. Course there are horses out back and mountain views with a lake....the whole enchilada. Ahhh. I can smell that mountain air now! OH and a beat up pickup truck in the drive. :)
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

• Options
    @lisa17ann I love the stone you used for your build and I really like the traditional/modern decor. You really have your placement done nicely. The little girls room is adorable.
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

• Options
    Blue Moon Street is a very nice home! @Talea12345 :) The rooftop garden and outdoors living patio is very nice! Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the grill there and eating the food at the umbrella covered table,enjoying the very nice views from the rooftop! Nice gardening nook there for sims to enjoy growing and harvesting plants in the garden boxes. The upper balcony on the left hand side of the build is nice. Sims will enjoy sitting on the seat there or on the seat nook on the front porch, enjoying the sunshine. The blue colour of the exterior looks very nice. The hedging on the edges of the building gives a nice look to the home. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home. It looks nice how you have placed the white sofa and armchairs in the living room. The armchair looks nice placed in the corner between the sofas. The plants are nice touches of green in the room. The blue accent wall looks nice. Sims will enjoy sitting resting there watching TV. Child sims will have fun playing with the dollhouse. The design of the kitchen is very nice. The brick texture of the stove corner nook looks great! The fruit bowl, paper towel and tissues box are nice home touches on the kitchen counters.
    The home is very nice :)
  • Options
    625 Milkyway Rd is a very nice! @DrnSimmer :) Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The master bedroom is very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the dome type frames on the left and right hand side of the bedhead wall, and the positioning of the lights on the side wall looks nice. It looks nice how you have a dressing nook in the room. The clothes shelf is a nice home touch on the wall. Sims will enjoy checking their appearance in the full length mirror. The heart teddy is cute on the dresser! The lamps look pretty on the bedside tables. The plants are nice touches on the table at the foot of the bed. Sims will enjoy the sunlight coming in through the bedhead windows whilst laying in bed. Very nice design of the kitchen! It looks very nice the type of and how you have placed the counters in the kitchen! The stone texture of the walls, and the floor paving looks very nice and creates a very nice feel. Very nice windows dining area. Sims will enjoy looking out through the windows at the outdoors views whilst eating their meals. The fruit bowl is a nice touch on the dining table, and it looks nice how you have placed the pears fruit pictures on the wall for sims to enjoy seeing when eating there. The cereal box items are great on the kitchen counter. The living room is very nice! Very nice blue colour scheme of the room! It looks nice how you have placed the sofa and armchair, for sims to enjoy sitting and chatting, whilst watching TV. The armchair looks nice placed between the sofas. The candles look pretty on the coffee table, and the red flowers on the TV table are nice for sims to see whilst resting watching TV. The window alcove looks very great! The giraffe, shoes rack and school bag are nice home touches there. Very nice exterior of the home. The stone texture of the walls looks nice. It looks very nice how you have done the plants beds either sides of the frontpath! They look very nice! The water fountain features on the corner edges of the home are very nice!
    It is a very nice home :)
  • Options
    pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member
    I'm definitely in. I'm good at making rooms and terrible at house building itself, so this is the perfect challenge for me!
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
  • Options
    gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited June 2015
    I will have to redo my entry. I did some things that I wasn't supposed to do.
    Post edited by gmcrozier on
  • Options
    @gmcrozier Wow! This is a nice build. I really love that livingroom area....what is that black flat surface on the table top? Very nice.
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

• Options
    gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    @mommataurus2 The coffee table is actually 3 tables MOO'd together. The black surface is the 3rd table that is slightly taller then the other 2.
  • Options
    2 Park Avenue is very nice! @NHicks :) It looks very nice how you have done the chequered pattern on the front exterior of the home! The brown texture of the exterior looks very nice. Very nice roofing! The planter boxes look nice on the upper balcony railing. The water feature with the enlarged bowl in the front area of the build looks very nice. It looks very nice how you have done the garden bed feature with the trees, rock and plants! Nice sitting area on the front porch for sims to enjoy sitting resting outdoors in the outside air. The plants look nice placed on the edges of the front of the home. Very nice kitchen and dining area! The black and white colour scheme of the area looks very nice! The black brick texture of the kitchen wall looks nice. It looks nice how you have taken the picture with a meal in the bowl, vegetables on the counter, and a bottle of drink nearby. They and the plates on the dining table are nice touches in the picture. The black and white circles floor rug under the table adds a great look to the room! The ledges look great on the side wall! Very pretty girls bedroom! The pink and cream colour scheme of the room looks very nice! The bunny at the foot of the bed and the bunny bedhead picture look very cute! Nice study desk area for her to enjoy sitting at the table reading a book or doing homework. The books, pencils and school bag are nice touches on the desk table and beside the seat. The patterned floor rug looks nice and complements the rest of the room.
  • Options
    PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    Wow things have really kicked off here! :) Much fun watching what everyone is doing :)
    Don't be alarmed if you see something suspicious moving around because it's just me!

Cheering and screaming!

cheering-banana.png
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    I love this challenge. Sadly I can't enter, I have way too much cc and I can't stop myself from using it, but I will 100% decorate the houses within the budget and the theme, and plop them in the new world.
    Looking very much forward to seeing everyone's creations :heart:
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    @gmcrozier Wow! This is a nice build. I really love that livingroom area....what is that black flat surface on the table top? Very nice.

@gmcrozier I couldn't agree more! It's stunning! I also like your tricky little coffee table but I have to say I'm super in love with your window treatments! <3

• Options
    20 Pikes Peak Hill Rd is very nice! @mommataurus2 :) The wooden cabin exterior of the home looks so very nice! The wooden and stone texture of the exterior looks so very nice, and very nice roofing! The front gardening area is very nice for sims to enjoy growing and harvesting plants in the planters and gardening boxes. Nice seat bench sitting area under the tree in the front of the build for sims to enjoy resting in the sunshine and outdoors air. Very nice design and furnishing of the kitchen! The bar stool counter is great! It looks very nice how you have placed the wooden cabinets and counters! The plant looks nice on the top of the fridge and the hanging pots are a nice kitchen touch over the bar stool counter. Very nice pantry area! The crates and the kitchen items on the shelves look great there! Very nice living room sitting area. The type of seating suits well the type of home. The lead light type lamps look pretty on the side tables. The interior wooden siding wall texture looks nice.
  • Options
    605 Maple Drive is a very nice home! @gmcrozier :) The exterior looks very great! Very nice texture of the exterior ! The roof covered upper balcony is very nice! The slat in the roofing looks nice! Sims will enjoy resting on the sofa there, looking out at the outside views. The plants look nice lining the edges underneath the front windows and the flowers look pretty beside the front porch. It looks very nice how you have done the front corner with the windows! The pool area is nice. Sims will have fun swimming in the pool. Very nice living room! The blue/green colour scheme of the room looks so very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the blinds in the room! The cream colour of the TV area blinds complements well with the green/blue colour scheme. It looks very nice how you have placed the bookcases either sides of the TV. Sims will enjoy sitting resting there, watching TV and reading a book, enjoying the sunshine coming in through the windows. The tissue box on the coffee table is a nice home touch. The plants are nice touches of nature either sides of the bookcases.
  • Options
    Thank you so much @rosemow and @mommataurus2 We all have our favourite style. I'm cottages! :)

@Nhicks I love what you've done with the place! That little girls room is crazy good! The desk! Yes! I like how the rest of the house has a modern but, relaxed feel to it. I'm think a single sim mom would appreciate that! :)