Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UNDER RENOVATION Challenge 35

Comments

• Options
    SorceressSorceress Posts: 940 Member
    Thanks @rosemow its good to be back!
    Sorceress%20sig.png
    Thanks to Cbear13 for the signature and showcase images!
    Origin Id: Sorceress2696
    Sims 4 Gallery Here!
  • Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Nice to see you back @Sorceress !
  • Options
    Thanks @pronterus finishing a little project I started ages ago! 1 of the two houses on the block left to be furnished yet lol just finished the first one! But looking forward to joining in on these again!
    Sorceress%20sig.png
    Sims 4 Gallery Here!
  • Options
    MatthiaMatthia Posts: 107 Member
    Here's my entry! Finished it at last. :)
    It was quite the challenge to pick a blueprint and make something out of that. Building houses is something I haven't done often, so it took me some time. I loved decorating it. :)

Under Renovation: Challenge 14
    I chose blueprint number 2, Lot 30x20
    Origin ID: Myellah
    Forum ID: Matthia
    Link to gallery: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/4CFBCD9758A611E58E50DD3160E4BD92?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=underrenovation14&max=50&maxis=false
    Name of your build: New Beginnings
    Cheats used: MOO, enlarged objects, bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement and bb.showhiddenobjects
    Total cost of renovation after upload: 56,163
    Would you like to receive any critique? Yes please. :)

Blueprint%202_zpsgnxl7jvd.gif

11-9-15_17-12_zpsruyxe2zi.png

11-9-15_17-13_zps9fwuwru5.png

11-9-15_17-13-2_zpsxgfafoxd.png

11-9-15_17-14_zpssl2iqasd.png

11-9-15_17-14-2_zps5w2yphxh.png

• Options
    XinqunXinqun Posts: 612 Member
    Argh! I thought I was done with sitting around trying to find fault with other people's builds!
  • Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    Sorceress wrote: »
    Thanks @rosemow its good to be back!

WELCOME BACK ! SWEETPEA :)
  • Options
    Thanks @Zita1966z good to be back!
    Sorceress%20sig.png
    Sims 4 Gallery Here!
  • Options
    lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Xinqun wrote: »
    Argh! I thought I was done with sitting around trying to find fault with other people's builds!

It can be brutal at times can it not lol

34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• Options
    RECAP ON 15 ENTRIES SO FAR - THEY ARE SO GORGEOUS :)

z8fUIsi.jpg

4C7XRx6.jpg

zDbuEVl.jpg

PIJMO1U.jpg

oUNtpiY.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    New Beginnings is a very nice home! @Matthia :) The exterior design of the home is very pretty with the windowed dormer and the open shutter windows. The flowers bed on the front edge of the home and the flowers lining the front pathway edges look so nice! Very nice curved front patio! The flower cart is a nice touch there. Sims will enjoy sitting on the log themed seat in the sunshine. The back patio is very nice! Very nice umbrella covered table area! The octogonal shape of the section and the flowers in the nooks either sides look so very nice! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The purple and cream colour scheme of the living, kitchen and dining areas looks very nice. The living room area of the home is very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting chatting on the sofas there, watching TV and reading a book. The flowers on the coffee table are pretty for sims to see when sitting there. They will enjoy the sunlight coming in through the windows there. The clothes shelf is a homely touch beside the front door. Nice art nook area for child sims to have fun doing artwork on the art table. The curved bar stool counter is great! The books and fruit bowl are nice touches on top of the counter. Very nice kitchen nook! The knives and utensils look great on the wall and the texture of the walls looks nice. Sims will enjoy listening to music from the radio whilst sitting on the stools or at the dining table enjoying eating a meal. The birds pictures on the dining area wall are nice for sims to see when dining there. Very nice master bedroom! The vanity table is very nice! The beauty products are nice touches on the table and the starry mirror is very pretty! The clothes closet dressing room is very nice!
    It is a very nice home :)
  • Options
    MatthiaMatthia Posts: 107 Member
    Thank you for your kind words @rosemow ! Much appreciated. :)
  • Options
    The guest judge's take. I think that with only about 4-5 hours until the deadline, it's safe to put this out now.

Under Renovation: Challenge 14 (guest judge's take)
    I chose blueprint no: 3
    Origin ID: Xinqun
    Forum ID: Xinqun
    Link to gallery: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/6B4D1899594D11E5821F2610A2CDE195
    Name of your build: Crystal Classic
    Cheats used: MOO
    Total cost of renovation after upload: 59,989 simoleons
    Would you like to receive any critique? Sure, but I'm not sure I'm eligible for this.

The original plan, plus how I think the original house might have looked.
    UR14a.jpg

This is after I got my grubby paws all over it.
    UR14b.jpg

The yard.
    UR14c.jpg

Plan view.
    UR14d.jpg

Interior view. I confess that I'm not entirely satisfied with the wall/floor finish in the kitchen.
    UR14e.jpg
  • Options
    The exterior design of Crystal Classic looks very grand! @Xinqun :) It looks very nice how you have used the columns in the build! The roof trimming looks very nice how you have used it! The upper glass windows look very nice how you have used them in the build.The trees look very nice on the edges of the home! The flowers are pretty in the front of the home. Very nice backyard area. Sims will have fun playing on the monkey bars or enjoy growing plants in the gardening boxes. It is great that there is the woodwork table there sims to enjoy doing wood crafting on. Very nice outdoors chess table area for sims to enjoy sitting playing chess in the midst of the flowers. Sims will enjoy painting on the easel in the sunshine. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The kitchen is very nice! It looks nice how you have placed the cabinets there. The fruit bowl is a nice touch on the dining table, and the floor rug adds a nice look to the room. You have reflected the floor plan very well!
    The home is very nice :)
  • Options
    May I ask (If not submitted yet) that judges @lisa17ann @Cbear13 and guest judge @Xinqun please submit their scores not later than Sunday.

8 Hours before closing time !
  • Options
    mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    @Xinqun I love that second floor. How you turned it into cathedral ceilings. That looks amazing!
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• Options
    Unfug013Unfug013 Posts: 59 Member
    Under Renovation: Challenge 14
    Blueprint number: 2
    Origin ID: Unfug13
    Forum ID: Unfug013
    Link to gallery: klick
    Name of your build: Greenish?
    Cheats used: i changed the size of some things
    Total cost of renovation after upload: 57.105 simoleons
    Would you like to receive any critique? yes, please

L1Rife0.gif
    23089775lx.jpg
    23089776eu.jpg
    23089777ei.jpg
    23089778mp.jpg

I hope I'm not too late...?
  • Options
    Zita1966z wrote: »
    May I ask (If not submitted yet) that judges @lisa17ann @Cbear13 and guest judge @Xinqun please submit their scores not later than Sunday.

8 Hours before closing time !

yeah I have all mine done but, Unfugs entry. I'll prolly have them to you tonight =)

• Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited September 2015
    @Xinqun Just gotta say I'm blown away by your pictures of the inside of your house! Gotta have this build! ;)

I'm impressed by everyone's builds. I was too busy to participate this week. Would have loved to have joined! <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks, @rosemow , @mommataurus2 , @pammiechick . I actually made this house a week ago, when the challenge was first announced. After playing guest judge, looking very very closely at sixteen different variations on similar plans and thinking hard about what works for me and what doesn't, why is this better than that, why was this okay here when it wasn't okay there ... coming back to my own build I find myself noticing all sorts of things that could be improved. If I haven't acted on all these new considerations, sometimes it's a matter of budget, and sometimes ... well, sometimes you can see a problem but you can't see a better alternative, and it's not worth the time to try and figure out a solution that works in every possible way, y'know?

@Unfug013 , you're within the deadline, and I've submitted your score along with all the others to @Zita1966z . That's a fantastically well-done interior, by the way.
  • Options
    Greenish? is very nice! @Unfug013 :) The hedging and flowers look nice lining the edges of the front pathway. The plants and rocks are nice touches in the front garden. Nice front porch sitting bench for sims to enjoy sitting in the sunshine. Very nice layout of the interior to reflect the floor plan very well! The backyard area is very nice! Very nice outdoors cooking and dining area! Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the grill and eating the food at the table, enjoying dining outdoors in the air. It looks very nice how you have used the terrain paints there! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The green colour scheme of the living and dining areas looks very nice. The wall texture looks calming and complements with the exterior texture of the home. Very nice window dining area! Sims will enjoy the sunshine coming in through the windows whilst eating their meals. It looks nice how you have angled the dining table. The green plants are nice touches of nature and the outdoors brought inside. Nice study desk nook for sims to enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer. The pictures on the walls add nice looks to the room and are nice for sims to see whilst they are enjoying dining and using the computer there.
    The home is very nice :)
  • Options
    Isn't is interesting @Xinqun how judging other's builds gives you a more critical view of your own builds? And, it's kind of a blessing because it makes you a better builder =)

• Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    @Xinqun "You can't see a better alternative, and it's not worth the time to try and figure out a solution that works in every possible way, y'know?"

Totally understand! I'm dealing with this in my fairy build right now! Argh! LOL! :D
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    PoppieGirlPoppieGirl Posts: 636 Member
    Everywhere I look I see @zita1966z hosting a comp. read about it on twitter. This looks awesome and I like building so I will try the next one :)
    XgESt47.jpg
  • Options
    Took some time out for a lovely RL day. I'll update as many of the comps as I can 2 catch up lol Thank you for the patience:)

Challenge 14 is now officially closed and the shell for challenge 15 has been posted on Origin. I will get the brief up before I go to bed lol