Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    edited June 2015
    @egwarhammer Hey gurl......lol

I'm hoping to get some game time in today. I decided to start a new save because I just could not live with the careers that the game assigned my placed and unplayed Sims. I gave them all careers and made them played Sims. I was hoping that I could release the reigns enough to let the game do what it wanted with them but....alas....I cannot.

Will be coming back to let you know what happens.

OH....and I went over to MTS to give thanks to the mods I am using. There is no option to do that without making a post. They really need to give us that option, most people downloading don't want to post. Anyways, just a random comment because you had said that you didn't like that there were so many downloads but not as many thanks. Bet if they changed that (and allowed thanks without being forced to post) that there would be more thanks.

You don't need to leave a comment; I just went to make sure. When you click "Thank," the counter increases by one and a comment box pops up just in case you want to leave a comment, but you can ignore it.

ETA: D'oh. I should have finished reading the thread before I answered ;-)
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Why can't I find this button?

I keep looking and nothing....all I see is the "post thanks" option in the discussion section.

ETA: FOUND IT! Well....that was clear as mud. Why is it up there! Sheesh....I've been searching all over the discussion section for the blasted button. WOOHOO!! Feels like a good mod user now.....*goes on a thanking spree*

COOL! I *Liked* this post, but I'm sitting here laughing. :smiley:

MTS is *not* uber-user-friendly. Glad you found it! :)
  • Options
    cherpar wrote: »
    Yes good to have the forget me fix if others fail. I don't know whether it's improved recently by EA or it's the mod, but I am getting much less affairs when playing rotation. That's a good thing.

I haven't touched dresser, don't really know where to start. I did change a few horrible outfits in townies just by using random outfit. A much more palpable outfit and it was soo quick ( no performance issues whatsoever). Soo if you work out dresser, let me know!! I would also love to remove those earrings from males..

Yeah I thinks it pretty poor re the thanks. You can literally just click thanks, no need to comment. Maybe people don't know that, maybe they are just lazy, maybe who knows. I'm always very grateful to those who give their time freely to others.

Well off to bed now. Around less because back at work this week. So sad :(

So here's how the earring thing went down:

Quote: Originally posted by egwarhammer
    Who wants to save me some digging?

I don't want any of my males wearing any earrings.

Is that one command/settings line, or more (cleaner and dresser?), and what would I use?

Thanks!

(reply from DP)

Well, cleaner, you have to specify a gender for the items you're cleaning so you could do it, but if you want hats off of females and males, then you can't choose to only have earrings removed from males.

You can use dresser blacklists. You'll just have to do a "dresser_bl" each time you see a male sim wearing earrings. Do a "dresser_bl earring all" each time, and then you can do a "dresser_clean" and it should get rid of them from that Sim. Do that on enough of the earrings, and you eventually won't see them again (except for the handful of times that the core scripts somehow don't fire dresser cleanup, in which case a manual dresser_clean will fix it on those Sims).
  • Options
    And my game is spitting out single mother households right and left.....blergh *deletes....deletes....deletes*...... I did find the part about the pregnancies funny.
    [06/15/15 09:15:34]Initializing alarms
    [06/15/15 09:21:37]* Created homeless household, Ransom, containing 3 sim(s)
    [06/15/15 09:27:07]* Created homeless household, Otto, containing 3 sim(s)
    [06/15/15 09:27:08]* Created homeless household, Odom, containing 3 sim(s)
    [06/15/15 09:27:09]* Created homeless household, Kirby, containing 3 sim(s)
    [06/15/15 10:23:50]******************************************************
    [06/15/15 10:23:50]Running alarms for Days.MONDAY (1)
    [06/15/15 10:23:50]Did not run pregnancy: True None

:o I wonder what that's about?
  • Options
    And my game is spitting out single mother households right and left.....blergh *deletes....deletes....deletes*...... I did find the part about the pregnancies funny.
    [06/15/15 09:15:34]Initializing alarms
    [06/15/15 09:21:37]* Created homeless household, Ransom, containing 3 sim(s)
    [06/15/15 09:27:07]* Created homeless household, Otto, containing 3 sim(s)
    [06/15/15 09:27:08]* Created homeless household, Odom, containing 3 sim(s)
    [06/15/15 09:27:09]* Created homeless household, Kirby, containing 3 sim(s)
    [06/15/15 10:23:50]******************************************************
    [06/15/15 10:23:50]Running alarms for Days.MONDAY (1)
    [06/15/15 10:23:50]Did not run pregnancy: True None

:o I wonder what that's about?

Deleted them all and changed my settings....next alarm.
    [06/15/15 12:47:33]Initializing alarms
    [06/15/15 12:53:16]* Created homeless household, Waugh, containing 1 sim(s)
    [06/15/15 12:53:16]* Created homeless household, Barrera, containing 1 sim(s)
    [06/15/15 12:53:31]* Created homeless household, McCloud, containing 1 sim(s)
    [06/15/15 12:53:32]* Created homeless household, Elizondo, containing 1 sim(s)
    [06/15/15 12:53:41]* Created homeless household, Montalvo, containing 1 sim(s)
    [06/15/15 12:53:48]* Created homeless household, Street, containing 1 sim(s)
    [06/15/15 13:01:17]* Created homeless household, Rosales, containing 1 sim(s)
    [06/15/15 13:02:45]* Created homeless household, Xiong, containing 1 sim(s)
    [06/15/15 13:03:46]* Created homeless household, Aguirre, containing 1 sim(s)
    [06/15/15 13:17:48]******************************************************
    [06/15/15 13:17:48]Running alarms for Days.TUESDAY (2)
    [06/15/15 13:17:48]Employed 14 Sims
    [06/15/15 13:24:03]* Created homeless household, Helton, containing 3 sim(s)
    [06/15/15 13:25:00]******************************************************
    [06/15/15 13:25:00]Running alarms for Days.WEDNESDAY (3)
    [06/15/15 13:36:21]******************************************************
    [06/15/15 13:36:21]Running alarms for Days.THURSDAY (4)
    [06/15/15 13:42:59]* Created homeless household, Baez, containing 3 sim(s)
    [06/15/15 13:43:05]* Created homeless household, Tinsley, containing 3 sim(s)
    [06/15/15 13:45:16]******************************************************
    [06/15/15 13:45:16]Running alarms for Days.FRIDAY (5)
    [06/15/15 13:45:16]Employed 7 Sims

All my placed Sims have careers and are played. Going to be annoyed if I find out that some of those 21 employed Sims included any of them since they already have careers. 21 Sims were not generated so that means it changed the careers of some of the Sims that I have placed and marked as played.

New settings, as you can see by me lowering the child percentage so much and making the max homeless so low that I am trying to get a stranglehold on my town. I am determined to get this setting down to where only the Sims needed for the service roles are made. It still made those dang pesky single mother households but it's down to 3 now.
    "Career_FillCareerInactiveOnly": true,
    "Cleaner_BypassFamilyGhosts": true,
    "Cleaner_CleanGhosts": true,
    "Cleaner_FemaleFitLimits": "-70,70",
    "Cleaner_FemaleLeanLimits": "-70,70",
    "Cleaner_ForceAlienDisguise": false,
    "Cleaner_MaleFitLimits": "-70,70",
    "Cleaner_MaleLeanLimits": "-70,70",
    "Cleaner_MatchGlasses": true,
    "Cleaner_MonitorPhysique": true,
    "Cleaner_RemoveItems": false,
    "Cleaner_RemoveItemsAge": "T,YA,A",
    "Cleaner_RemoveItemsGender": "M,F",
    "Cleaner_RemoveItemsType": "",
    "Cleaner_SyncMarriedNames": true,
    "Dresser_ChangeOutfitAfterCareerF": "",
    "Dresser_ChangeOutfitAfterCareerM": "",
    "Dresser_RunMakeupCheck": false,
    "Dresser_RunOnAgeUp": "",
    "Logging_Enabled": true,
    "Pause_on_Zone": true,
    "Population_CleanPhysique": true,
    "Population_MaximumHomeless": 4,
    "Population_MoveOutElders": false,
    "Population_MoveOutSingleSim": false,
    "Population_OpenHouses": 15,
    "Population_PercentAdult": 10,
    "Population_PercentBaby": 0,
    "Population_PercentChild": 2,
    "Population_PercentElder": 0,
    "Population_PercentMale": 50,
    "Population_RunDresser": false,
    "Population_ShowDeathNotifications": false,
    "Population_UseCustom": true,
    "Pregnancy_AgeToRun": "A,YA",
    "Pregnancy_AllowAffairs": false,
    "Pregnancy_AutoMarryPercent": 95,
    "Pregnancy_AvgParentPhysique": false,
    "Pregnancy_BypassActiveRomanticInterest": true,
    "Pregnancy_BypassPlayedHouseholds": true,
    "Pregnancy_CanMarryWOPregnancy": false,
    "Pregnancy_EnforceFamily": true,
    "Pregnancy_InsiminateGenders": "M",
    "Pregnancy_MalePregnancy": false,
    "Pregnancy_MaxHouseholdChildren": 3,
    "Pregnancy_MaxOffspring": 3,
    "Pregnancy_MoveFamilies": true,
    "Pregnancy_OffspringGender": "M,F",
    "Pregnancy_PercentAdjustment": -95,
    "Pregnancy_PreferHomeSims": true,
    "Pregnancy_RenameSameGender": false,
    "Pregnancy_SameOppositeSexOnly": "",
    "Pregnancy_UseParentSkinTones": false,
    "Show_Notifications": true

I won't be going into the game again till tomorrow (changed allergy medication and have been sick for a couple of days now because of it....blergh). I'll try to check tomorrow to see what it changed and did.

I feel ya on the allergies thing, I'm still in OTC mode but also just switched from generic zyrtec to generic claritin, trying to find *my* summer wonderdrug. Chlor-maleate (whatever, it's yellow) is good, but i've had so much (taken over extended period of time, I mean), it's quit working. So, next! LOL

Back to work for me too, for the next 7 nights. Wrapping up my week off right now.

I ran a Tues alarms and got some pretty out-there results, but it was SHOES/HATS (mostly) in my case, not careers, so I feel lucky.

I'd love to know more about your game's makeup... why that combination of those particular sims (mapped)?

I'm really curious about what you're trying to convince the (stubborn) game to do, and I want to know how it turn out/who wins (my money's on YOU... it just might take you a minute).

Here's my alarms, I'm keeping this one.

[06/15/15 12:02:12]Running alarms for Days.TUESDAY (2)
    [06/15/15 12:02:12]Cleaning items from specified sims, ages and outfits <<hit or miss :open_mouth:
    [06/15/15 12:02:12]130 items cleaned on 57 sims <<missed a few... meh.
    [06/15/15 12:02:12]13 sims had glasses synced <<works better if you set the RIGHT glasses first. Liberty/white round shades, no thanks! :blush:
    [06/15/15 12:02:12]Item cleanup complete
    [06/15/15 12:02:12]1 married sims names fixed. << Alice SK to Alice Lewis.
    [06/15/15 12:02:13]1 elder Sims retired <<Dennis (food) retired. Poor guy, unemployed one day, game given food job next, retired next. Yoyo!
    [06/15/15 12:02:13]Employed 25 Sims <<So far I like what happened here, but I haven't checked it all out yet. Wide brush strokes, takes a while to get the whole overview.

And now it's time for me to start thinking about WORK.

Later gang!

• Options
    DeaderpoolDeaderpool Posts: 187 Member
    > @HarmonySims280 said:
    > [06/15/15 10:23:50]Did not run pregnancy: True None
    It was a debugging statement. "Did not run pregnancy: {is Pregnancy mod loaded} {What is the Aging set to?}".

Pregnancy Mod is loaded. Aging is set to None. Makes perfect sense to me! :)

I don't even remember why I had that debugging statement in there, much less why I left it there in the release.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the MTS thanks! I appreciate it!
  • Options
    > @HarmonySims280 said:
    > "Population_PercentChild": 2,

Just so you know, that won't change the number of single mothers you have. I do not change what the EA scripts ask for. If they send me a request for an adult and a dependent, I may change the genders and ages but I don't change the initial request parameters. So, changing the PercentChild to 2 doesn't mean you'll get an adult and 2% of the time you'll get a child otherwise you'll get just the adult. It means if EA sends a request for an adult and a dependent, you'll get an adult and 98% of the time you'll get a Teen, otherwise 2% of the time you'll get a child.

You'll still get a Single parent household. What the core game asks for, I still give them ultimately.
  • Options
  • Options
    General notes, Patio pack is pretty cool so far. New crop top, I like that, swimsuits are also cool, new dress I also liked with the "scalloped" neck.

Work week, I won't be around a lot. But I'll be around!

My usual "hang" before saving is getting longer. I knew it would, this pack added a couple seconds to it, I think. Still watching. (Putting off new computer purchase as long as I can... or till I get tired of fooling with this one. Not there yet.)

Note to all: Mods work better if the Folder is not still sitting on your Desktop, post install-new-pack/repair-all loop. OOPS! :p

(Yeah, I did that... fixed game, fired it up, went to household, typed in "getpopulation" (twice, i've spelled it wrong before)... nothing. Typed in "mc_help", nothing. Scripts enabled, check. THEN... lightbulb! LOLOL! Mods in, all working fine now. Dur!)
  • Options
    > @HarmonySims280 said:
    > I have to gain control of this game, you don't understand my crazy OCD.
    >
    > So I do have a question for you the next time you stroll through here....
    >
    > I had the percentage down to 5% earlier when it generated all those single mother households. If 5% means that 95% of the time it will generate teens then shouldn't it have made more households with teens? It made the same number of teens/children.
    >
    > Just ultimately want more balance. I don't want that household configuration taking over my game. It was under control when I first installed the mod, I have no idea what changed. It's just been since this last patch that my game has exploded like this. Well, I did delete the two households I had with children in them. Surely, removing 4 children didn't do this?
    >

I don't understand what makes the game decide to use which filters necessarily either. Some I do, like trainers and co-workers and I know at particular times of the day, if it needs sims it generates them from particular filters (Night walkers, Park Walkers, day strollers, etc.) I'm not kidding...those are actual things. Sounds like zombies or something!

The only time I've seen an explosion of single parents, is when I did an adoption. That made the core game generate brand new single parent families for each of the children available to adopt. That's the only time I've seen it.

I'm not going to try to explain random number generators either...cause, sadly, they're not that random. :)

Unfortunately, it's a curse of ANY type of computer programming. Random number generations are just algorithms. They seem random, but they're really not and a lot of times, if you generate a lot of numbers on a computer right in a row, they break some fantastical odds!! So, if you have 5% chance for children, then every time it gets a request for a single parent household IF the child can be changed (And I put even more emphasis on IF because some times the filter doesn't allow it to be anything else), then there is a 5% chance it will leave it a child. If that 5% fails, then it defaults to Teen.

With MC Population, I try to give some control over what the game is going to do anyway. But, it's limited control. I can't completely override what the game is doing. If I try, it breaks fundamental things in the game, OR (and I've seen this during my trials as well) it just keeps trying to generate over and over and is being overwritten each time so it keeps generating and keeps generating because it is not getting what it is expecting.

Some day, I may figure out a way to override all of this at a lower level and change its expectations altogether. Right now, I'm just trying to play nice and co-exist. That has tended to work better with compatibility than trying to dictate.
  • Options
    > @HarmonySims280 said:
    > Deaderpool I lowered my homeless down to 2 and then increased my open houses to 20. Do you think that might bring me some sort of control over my game?
    >
    Basically, the homeless number will only limit the strollers/walkers/park goers...those type of filters. Those are the ones that I think generate the most of the random homeless that you find in your unplayed households. From my tests, those were pretty safe to cut-out as plenty of other Sims were generated for careers and everything else so you didn't tend to miss them.

I don't know how well going really low for the homeless works. In theory, you're right. I haven't tried the applied science of it, though. My fear is that the game is going to try over-and-over again to generate filters the less you have so it could actually impact the performance of your game. My theory is that there is a rule of diminishing returns and once you make the number too low, the game trying to fill filters that are going to be blocked is more than it's worth.

But, let me know your experience! :)

For me, the way I practice control is I only dwell on the Sims that live in homes. Homeless sims are only "seeds" to use to sometimes freshen the genetics in my families living in houses. Increasing the open houses lets you totally control who lives in houses as no homeless will be moved in once you fill them with who you want to live there.

That may change if I start adding features to allow homeless Sims to have families and have more story progression. But for now, that's what I do.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    @egwarhammer I can't imagine why mods would work better if they were actually in the game folder...heheheh.

I could never mod. I don't have the patience. I mean between the game constantly updating and having to be on top of that all the time to people not following instructions and then screaming "Your mod broke my game!" I just would chuck it all and just mod for myself.

So yeah....I'm happy there are others doing it because I never could.

About the pack....I love it! PINK EXPLOSION! LOL I am so in love with the pink stuff. Pink trees, pink chess pieces, pink lanterns...give me more pink. However, my favorite object? The floor stars....and yes....they come in pink. You can put them under things, you can put them on top of each other, and they glow. So pretty.

Have you found the Easter egg?

There's an Easter egg? NO, I haven't seen that yet. Of course, I only had time to install the new stuff, repair, fix my noob-moment mod messup, and look around for a few minutes before work.

Playtime in a few, still winding down from work. Guess I'll be going on a scavenger hunt for PINK, eh? :) You've caught my attention with those stars... I want to see that! (Guess who still hasn't much of a clue about what all I paid $10 to download last night? haha!)

clues galore: http://simscommunity.info/2015/06/16/the-sims-4-perfect-patio-stuff-items-overview/

New hair is meh, new swimsuits for YA F are nice. I like the "strappy" one. Wouldn't see me in that IRL (I would wear the green/yellow palm tree one-piece), but it's cool for sims.

Drat... re modding, I have the patience (sometimes), you have the talent. Wish we could share, I'd love to just know how to do it without having to actually learn a whole new skillset. Pretty sure it doesn't work that way, though, that there is no easy button. Maybe someday I'll dig in deeper... but it for sure won't be during a work week! :p
    Post edited by egwarhammer on
  • Options
    Deaderpool wrote: »
    > @HarmonySims280 said:
    > "Population_PercentChild": 2,

Just so you know, that won't change the number of single mothers you have. I do not change what the EA scripts ask for. If they send me a request for an adult and a dependent, I may change the genders and ages but I don't change the initial request parameters. So, changing the PercentChild to 2 doesn't mean you'll get an adult and 2% of the time you'll get a child otherwise you'll get just the adult. It means if EA sends a request for an adult and a dependent, you'll get an adult and 98% of the time you'll get a Teen, otherwise 2% of the time you'll get a child.

You'll still get a Single parent household. What the core game asks for, I still give them ultimately.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!

*shakes fists*

I have to gain control of this game, you don't understand my crazy OCD.

I don't want 8 single mother households running around. I wouldn't mind if it was families or evenly distributed but seeing an African-American mother, an African-American teen (that looks like her lesbian lover), and an Asian boy in every single one of these households is driving me crazy.

*delete....delete....delete*

So I do have a question for you the next time you stroll through here....

I had the percentage down to 5% earlier when it generated all those single mother households. If 5% means that 95% of the time it will generate teens then shouldn't it have made more households with teens? It made the same number of teens/children.

Just ultimately want more balance. I don't want that household configuration taking over my game. It was under control when I first installed the mod, I have no idea what changed. It's just been since this last patch that my game has exploded like this. Well, I did delete the two households I had with children in them. Surely, removing 4 children didn't do this?

Hmmm....I think I'll put them back and see what happens.

How's this going? I'm interested to see where these families the game is so determined to shove down your throat, end up. What role is THAT important, I wonder... you know?

Maybe leave one of those families in for a day or 2, and see where they turn up? (new save, of course. LOL)
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Shimrod talks about the family configuration problem at length on his mod page. It would appear that the game chooses the single mom-teen-child family 95% of the time and ignores other game-defined family configurations, for the most part. A lot of folks don't care for the configurations he came up with to replace that one, but if you read his analysis maybe someone can come up with other configurations they like better. Maybe there can be different "flavors," the way Tanja1986 has done with her alien abduction/pregnancy mods, to suit different tastes.

http://modthesims.info/d/548447

ETA: I use the mod, myself. I'd rather have what he came up with than what the game sticks us with, but I'm open to other possibilities as well.
  • Options
    Deaderpool wrote: »
    > @HarmonySims280 said:
    > Deaderpool I lowered my homeless down to 2 and then increased my open houses to 20. Do you think that might bring me some sort of control over my game?
    >
    Basically, the homeless number will only limit the strollers/walkers/park goers...those type of filters. Those are the ones that I think generate the most of the random homeless that you find in your unplayed households. From my tests, those were pretty safe to cut-out as plenty of other Sims were generated for careers and everything else so you didn't tend to miss them.

I don't know how well going really low for the homeless works. In theory, you're right. I haven't tried the applied science of it, though. My fear is that the game is going to try over-and-over again to generate filters the less you have so it could actually impact the performance of your game. My theory is that there is a rule of diminishing returns and once you make the number too low, the game trying to fill filters that are going to be blocked is more than it's worth.

But, let me know your experience! :)

For me, the way I practice control is I only dwell on the Sims that live in homes. Homeless sims are only "seeds" to use to sometimes freshen the genetics in my families living in houses. Increasing the open houses lets you totally control who lives in houses as no homeless will be moved in once you fill them with who you want to live there.

That may change if I start adding features to allow homeless Sims to have families and have more story progression. But for now, that's what I do.

@Deaderpool you should teach classes in Common Sense. (Start with EA...) heh.

We need the sweet spot for the homeless number, huh? But that's going to be pretty individual... still, it will be interesting to see what happens to Harmony's.

Comparison, mine's set at 25, hasn't been over that in This Game yet. But when I play, my scientist is going to work, so there may be more action there.

That last thing, only dwelling on the mapped sims... I just can't do it. Sets off *my* OCD. And that CSI song, Who Are You... LOL! BTW MC *does* make quick outfit edits tons easier... thanks for putting that in!

They gave me at least that much control over townies, that I *have* to know who they are and what they want. And make sure they aren't wearing or packing outfits that will make my eyes bleed.

Cleaner/Dresser and I need to spend more time together. But it may not be this week.

I think I'll go play for a while. Later!
  • Options
    I don't know if this is up anywhere else, but I just saw LGR's The Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff Review... still laughing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK9j7CBrOrQ

Feel free to share if it isn't already out there.
  • Options
    > @egwarhammer said:
    > I don't know if this is up anywhere else, but I just saw LGR's The Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff Review... still laughing!
    >
    >
    >
    > Feel free to share if it isn't already out there.

Cynical and sarcastic...my kind of review! :)
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    cherpar wrote: »
    Yes good to have the forget me fix if others fail. I don't know whether it's improved recently by EA or it's the mod, but I am getting much less affairs when playing rotation. That's a good thing.

I haven't touched dresser, don't really know where to start. I did change a few horrible outfits in townies just by using random outfit. A much more palpable outfit and it was soo quick ( no performance issues whatsoever). Soo if you work out dresser, let me know!! I would also love to remove those earrings from males..

Yeah I thinks it pretty poor re the thanks. You can literally just click thanks, no need to comment. Maybe people don't know that, maybe they are just lazy, maybe who knows. I'm always very grateful to those who give their time freely to others.

Well off to bed now. Around less because back at work this week. So sad :(

So here's how the earring thing went down:

Quote: Originally posted by egwarhammer
    Who wants to save me some digging?

I don't want any of my males wearing any earrings.

Is that one command/settings line, or more (cleaner and dresser?), and what would I use?

Thanks!

(reply from DP)

Well, cleaner, you have to specify a gender for the items you're cleaning so you could do it, but if you want hats off of females and males, then you can't choose to only have earrings removed from males.

You can use dresser blacklists. You'll just have to do a "dresser_bl" each time you see a male sim wearing earrings. Do a "dresser_bl earring all" each time, and then you can do a "dresser_clean" and it should get rid of them from that Sim. Do that on enough of the earrings, and you eventually won't see them again (except for the handful of times that the core scripts somehow don't fire dresser cleanup, in which case a manual dresser_clean will fix it on those Sims).

Thank you. I'll shall give it a go.
  • Options
    @MsPhy The problem is, hasn't Shimrod vanished? I don't think he's updating his mods anymore. I know somebody else has started updating his mods for him but I'm not sure she's gotten to this one yet.

Just a comment that even if Shimrod isn't around to *continue* the conversation, anybody who cares to check that mod thread can find the post @MsPhy is talking about. I've read it. It *was* interesting.

Actually it starts with the Description page, so reading that then these 2 posts would be my best advice.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=548447&c=1&ht=0&page=1&pp=25#startcomment

read post 22 (question) and 23 (answer).

I wondered if, since those other options are *there* already just apparently not being "seen"... @Deaderpool has already seen (some of?) these filters, so I guess I'm wondering if that's a possible tweak area... the makeup of random households. More variety would be sweet. (But it isn't on my short list, either.)

• Options
    edited June 2015
    @MsPhy The problem is, hasn't Shimrod vanished? I don't think he's updating his mods anymore. I know somebody else has started updating his mods for him but I'm not sure she's gotten to this one yet.

Just a comment that even if Shimrod isn't around to *continue* the conversation, anybody who cares to check that mod thread can find the post @MsPhy is talking about. I've read it. It *was* interesting.

Actually it starts with the Description page, so reading that then these 2 posts would be my best advice.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=548447&c=1&ht=0&page=1&pp=25#startcomment

read post 22 (question) and 23 (answer).

I wondered if, since those other options are *there* already just apparently not being "seen"... @Deaderpool has already seen (some of?) these filters, so I guess I'm wondering if that's a possible tweak area... the makeup of random households. More variety would be sweet. (But it isn't on my short list, either.)

Yeah, that was my point: the conversation, not the mod itself.

The mod does not seem to be doing any harm right now, but I realize that it may cease to function since Shimrod does not seem to be updating. However, he keyed in on some code that could help other people interested in the problem.
  • Options
    > @HarmonySims280 said:
    > Ah, I've read the conversation before and was around when Shimrod was being active and discussing all of that.
    >
    > Deaderpool
    >
    > I have conquered the beast! Everybody rejoice!!

Ha! "The beast"!
  • Options
    Just cruising by, I haven't played tonight, been in forums. I played thru an alarm this morning but didn't like its results, so I'm going to load an earlier save and try again, after I finish playing with cfg settings. Onward!

• Options
    I have decided to to back to the game I was playing pre-Newcrest, with my avatar-simself. Found one dated 6/1, decided why not, and have loaded it up to make sure it will. So far so good, although I haven't done anything with lots yet, just been looking at maps/bin and reminding myself who's where. Newcrest, of course, is empty. LOL!

This is the game with about 100 sims, lots of pregnancies... I want to see what happens! Next alarms may be interesting, because I've changed tons of settings since I had this game loaded.

I need to see what day it is (which alarms to set up for) and figure out what I want to do with all these folks.

I'll let you know how it goes, but I think this save had just passed an alarm, so it may be a RL day or two before I see another one. Not much play time this week, but Monday is coming! (Not fast enough.)

I'll be back!
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    @egwarhammer I keep forgetting to report something interesting ( well to me).

Remember we discussed corrupt lots and whether the specification of bedrooms etc was the problem. If you recall my problem was that lots were not usable ( even for manual move in) after several generations, in that I only got an option to buy unfurnished. Anyway, I checked on the bedrooms and they were all specified ( these were existing sims 4 lots). BUT, however, the mod moved people into those previously corrupt houses and it all works ( ie can visit them fine ) So, either the mod can fix that corruption or it doesn't matter to the mod. @luthienrising , you might be interested in this as I recall you saw this in your game to..

Anyway it still appears very important to the games mechanics to have the bedrooms specified, so that seems worth checking when people say they are having problems with the game moving people in. It still seems there are different forms of corruption.

That problem was bugging me, so glad the mod seems to address it.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top