Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    @egwarhammer Hopefully, I hit all the points. Let me know if I miss anything.

I am playing a tester Sim (that I've actually fallen in love with because she's so awesome). However, I am constantly restarting her while trying out different mods. I have folders outside the EA folder with various starter towns that I've created. These towns are day 1 towns. I just swap the save folders around.

So, I put in the mod. Swapped the save folders so it was the new town. Placed my tester Sim from my bin. Then left her home working on skills for a week to see what the mod would do with those first settings.

It exploded, lol.

I have about 5 completely empty lots. Those are the lots that failed. The game took up my 5 empty houses. My other houses were occupied so it attempted to move Sims around. Then it put 1 sim into each of the 5 empty houses (which annoyed me because it wasted the space). It impregnated Sims in houses that 8 people living in them (I thought it couldn't do that?). Then it attempted to move them and failed because there was no room. It impregnated homeless Sims and attempted to move them into houses, again it failed because there was nowhere to move them.

Shouldn't it have checked before making all these Sims pregnant if there was room?

Bouncing to another topic for a minute.....

Organizing mods folders. I leave my mods in the top level folder. I put my CC inside subfolders. It seems to all work better that way.

So it looks something like this

Mods Folder
    all my mods go here
    Hair
    --Alesso
    --Cazy
    --Misc
    Build
    --Walls
    --Floors

Etc, etc with the packages for the CC items going into the sub-directories.

Back to the discussion about this mod....

I have no LE files. I hate those, I remove anything that generates them. My game does not have them. They set my OCD off.

I don't have any mods that would affect pregnancies or townie generating. I use Tanja's no abductions mod so that doesn't generate any pregnancies.

But here is a list of my mods (don't ask for the CC. I don't have enough hours today to list it all lol)

An_dz-MoreHospitalStaff
    Buckley_CameraMod
    Deaderpool_McCmdCenter_script_1_0_6
    DrChillgood-NoEmotionalDeathsAltogether
    egureh_InsectSpawners100%
    egureh_NoAutoIntroductions
    MB Stuff Breaks Far Less Easily - 0 Percent V3
    MTS_clown_1459534_EnableDebugCheats
    MTS_DarkGaia_1516626_nocull
    MTS_Deaderpool_1534949_Deaderpool_MC_Career_script_1_0_6
    MTS_Deaderpool_1534950_Deaderpool_MC_Cleaner_script_1_0_6
    MTS_Deaderpool_1534952_Deaderpool_MC_Population_script_1_0_6
    MTS_Deaderpool_1534953_Deaderpool_MC_Pregnancy_script_1_0_6
    MTS_mgomez_1460341_mgomez-realisticbills
    MTS_mgomez_1462469_mgomez-noreldecay
    MTS_mgomez_1462497_mgomez-getpopulation
    MTS_mgomez_1462652_mgomez-motivedecay
    MTS_scripthoge_1458680_NoFatness (I will be deleting this one and the one below once I am sure MCC does this)
    MTS_scripthoge_1458681_NoMuscles
    MTS_Scumbumbo_DoorLocks_v2a
    MTS_Scumbumbo_FasterGardening_v4
    MTS_Scumbumbo_NoAutonomousBuyRetail
    ShimrodCheapAspirationRewards_V4
    ShimrodNoHygieneDirt
    ShimrodSuavePassionateKissAlwaysAvailable_V2
    Simsical_AllBedsEqual
    Tanja1986_No Abductions Mod Version 1.5
    Tanja1986_No embarrassment - Angry reaction 1.2

Okay, typing this with Notepad++ so I can see what I want to answer in the forum window. I love copy/paste!!

I also love your idea of saving different files to check different things with. Can't believe I'd never thought of that. Brilliant idea!

About this:

I have about 5 completely empty lots. Those are the lots that failed. The game took up my 5 empty houses. My other houses were occupied so it attempted to move Sims around. Then it put 1 sim into each of the 5 empty houses (which annoyed me because it wasted the space). It impregnated Sims in houses that 8 people living in them (I thought it couldn't do that?). Then it attempted to move them and failed because there was no room. It impregnated homeless Sims and attempted to move them into houses, again it failed because there was nowhere to move them.

xx

You had 11 failed lots in that log file. So at least SOME of your houses seem to need fixing... Morphar's trick will do it. Unless those 6 houses are unfurnished? That would also generate the invalid flag. No bed, no move, although that method, I think, is changing in 1.0.7... or maybe did in 6... he said something about that, if it becomes more important, I'll track it down.

There is so much "this mod doesn't DO that!!" in what happened to you above, that it has just GOT to be a mod or cc conflict. And if it's more than one... that's when the fun starts! LOL

Here's how my preg/pop wave went: (all my invalid lots at this point were empty/bulldozed)

Running alarms for Days.SATURDAY (6)
    Lot is invalid as there are no beds: Preeminent Domain
    Lot is invalid as there are no beds: Pebble Burrow
    Lot is invalid as there are no beds: Dusty Turf
    Lot is invalid as there are no beds: Arid Ridge
    Lot is invalid as there are no beds: Potters Splay
    Lot is invalid as there are no beds: Hallow Slough
    Lot is invalid as there are no beds: Bargain Bend
    The Woodall family moved into Crick Cabana
    The Winston family moved into Parkshore
    The Fontaine family moved into Rindle Rose
    The Newberry family moved into Brook Bungalow
    The Miranda family moved into Cypress Terrace
    The Houser family moved into Granada Place
    The Frye family moved into Rio Verde
    The Mendez family moved into Raffia Quinta
    The Nieto family moved into Springscape
    The Sapp family moved into Vista Quarry
    The Nardone family moved into Nookstone
    *** Started pregnancy for Yusun Sapp with Martin Ragsdale.
    >>> Married Yusun Sapp and Martin Ragsdale and renamed household to Ragsdale
    *** Started pregnancy for Leigh Navarrete with Eric Lewis.
    *** Started pregnancy for Katrina Caliente with Keith Winston.
    *** Started pregnancy for Allie Nieto with Tony Milner.
    >>> Married Allie Nieto and Tony Milner and renamed household to Milner
    *** Started pregnancy for Dina Caliente with Bob Pancakes.
    *** Started pregnancy for Nikita Webb with Tony Milner.
    *** Started pregnancy for Bella Goth with Mortimer Goth.
    *** Started pregnancy for Alice Lewis with Eric Lewis.
    *** Started pregnancy for Eliza Pancakes with Bob Pancakes.
    Started 9 pregnancies

Move in happens first. Then pregnancy/marriage (depending on settings). There DEFINITELY should not have been pregnancies started in full houses. That is bad. Ditto homeless pregnancies. That's outside this mod's scope. GOT to be something behind the scenes messing with it.

I think it SHOULD have moved sims in first, but then it SHOULD HAVE used THOSE sims in pregnancies/moves, like it did for me with Nieto/Milner above. (I may be wrong, but that's what happened here.)

About those LE files... I'll take custody! LOL Pretty please, next one you see, send me a copy before you torch it? I'd love to see it!

I need to read up on Simsical... thrilled to hear somebody's getting into Shimrod's stuff... thanks!
    Passing this comment on from Deaderpool as a general FYI... (about a separate question, but still a good tip!)

As always, when someone thinks that my mod is doing something that it isn't programmed to do, I tell them take out all mods BUT my mod and turn on logging and watch it. If it still happens, then we can start digging in deeper. But, I think if my mod was doing this we'd have a few more people noticing it and reporting it.
  • DeaderpoolDeaderpool Posts: 187 Member
    > @HarmonySims280 said:
    > Deaderpool the problem is that some of those pregnancies are homeless Sims. Where it says "failed to move in", those are pretty much the game generated Sims that weren't living in any houses. It made homeless Sims pregnant and since it took all my empty houses and put 1 Sim in each of them? There was nowhere to put these Sims.
    >
    > I actually exited that game without saving. I didn't like what the game did, so I didn't "accept" it. LOL
    >
    > I made the changes, deleted the localthumbcache file and went back in game. Now I'm waiting for Saturday to roll around again to see what the game does with the new changes. Evidently, it was Thursday in game the last time I had saved so I lost about 2 days of game play.
    >
    > Would the game have terminated the homeless pregnancies? Or are you saying it should have never happened in the first place?
    >
    > I was looking at your instructions at MTS when I made the second set of changes, so glad to hear that I adjusted the chances of pregnancy correctly.
    >
    > The save was 1 week old when this happened. I started a new save when I put this mod into my game. I have 80 Sims and most of them are singles. They are crammed into houses though, lol. I have 3 married couples who already have children, the game got them all pregnant as well. So it hit those 3 and then hit 16 of my singles all in one week.
    >
    > ETA: Wanted to add that only 3 of those pregnancies were couples, the others were all singles that the game decided to make pregnant and then pair off. Not sure if that makes a difference in understanding what happened or not.
    If you notice, in the log file after the pregnancy, it will say something like:
    *** Started pregnancy for Jackie Cavanaugh with Erika Schmid.
    Erika Schmid is homeless. No place to move into.
    Failed to move in Erika Schmid.
    This means that the Sim that was flagged for pregnancy (Jackie Cavanaugh) had a house and found a valid homeless Sim to be a pregnancy partner (Erika Schmid). However, when they went to move in together, Jackie's house was full (as you described, you have them packed in) so it tried to move that Sim in with the Erika. It couldn't do that because Erika was homeless, so the "marriage and move-in" failed. The pregnancy still happened with Jackie, so Jackie didn't move anywhere and will have the baby in her house. Even though the house is full, the game should check to make sure she has room for one more baby before the pregnancy would even occur.
    > @egwarhammer said:
    > HarmonySims280 wrote: »
    >
    > Deaderpool So happy to see you here. I had a massive issue with the pregnancy mod and after discussing it with some friends via PMs to try and figure it out, one suggested that maybe bring it to you?
    >
    > My game exploded. I play with aging off and on Saturday, the game impregnated 16 of my single Sims. It created 19 pregnancies. Since it had already taken all my empty houses (even though I do have it set to not do that and I did account for my empty lots), the pregnant Sims were left stranded and homeless.
    >
    > Is there anyway to stop this from happening? To tell the mod that you only want a certain percentage getting pregnant and to stop the mod from having 1 Sim impregnate multiple partners?
    >
    > In lieu of that, anyway of separating the "bypass active romantic" and "no affairs" from the pregnancy module? It's really all I wanted out of that part.
    >
    > I absolutely love the population and careers modules, they work exactly the way I want the game to work.
    >
    > I'm just having issues with the pregnancy module because I only wanted those two things. I don't want my town getting pregnant and married on their own.
    >
    > Thank you!
    >
    > Here is the log file of what happened.
    > Initializing alarms
    > ******************************************************
    > Running alarms for Days.SATURDAY (6)
    > Lot is invalid as there are no beds: 1 Chuperosa
    > Lot is invalid as there are no beds: 1 Palm Canyon Dr
    > Lot is invalid as there are no beds: 2 Palm Canyon Dr
    > Lot is invalid as there are no beds: 1 Nueva Vista
    > Lot is invalid as there are no beds: 4 Camino Real
    > Lot is invalid as there are no beds: 1 Camino Real
    > Lot is invalid as there are no beds: 1 St Charles Ave
    > Lot is invalid as there are no beds: 2 Bayou Rd
    > Lot is invalid as there are no beds: 3 Esplanade Ave
    > Lot is invalid as there are no beds: 2 Esplanade Ave
    > Lot is invalid as there are no beds: 1 Knotty Pine Rd
    > The Loh family moved into 2 Knotty Pine Rd
    > The Breen family moved into 1 Esplanade Ave
    > The Randall family moved into 3 Bayou Rd
    > *** Started pregnancy for Jackie Cavanaugh with Erika Schmid.
    > Erika Schmid is homeless. No place to move into.
    > Failed to move in Erika Schmid.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > There's a weird glitch where the game/mod (I don't remember which... does it really matter?) will stop seeing houses as furnished. Unless ALL those "invalid" lots are EMPTY (bulldozed which I highly doubt), they should not be listed like that.
    >
    > Morphar posted a fix at MTS: (italics and bold are mine)
    >
    > In Manage Worlds;
    > 1) Notate the number of beds and baths of the corrupted lot.
    > 2) Move/Evict the household from the corrupted lot. (You can move them back in later).
    > 3)Save the lot to your "My Library" under Open Gallery (F4)
    > 4)Place the saved lot from your My Library onto the corrupted lot currently in-game. (So, basically, you are replacing the corrupted lot with itself which will trigger EA code to reset the lot attributes)
    > 5)Make sure you go to the i info menu and update the correct number of beds and baths of the lot before saving the newly placed lot. (This is VERY VERY important because it triggers a reset of the lots attributes)
    >
    > This will correct both the no beds-bug and the low housing price that occurs because of the no-beds bug.
    > +++
    >
    > (from egw)
    > Next time you run the population move in sequence, any homes you've fixed are likely to get used, up to the number you set Population_OpenHouses to leave open.
    >
    > That low pricing thing Morphar mentioned comes up if you use a different method to get the lots to be seen (valid) again... I've done both, this way is better, but I can post the other if anybody wants.

Ibucey also posted a good work-around the furniture disappearing issue at MTS:
    In Manage Worlds;
    1) Notate the number of beds and baths of the corrupted lot.
    2) Move/Evict the household from the corrupted lot. (You can move them back in later).
    3)Save the lot to your "My Library" under Open Gallery (F4)
    4)Place the saved lot from your My Library onto the corrupted lot currently in-game. (So, basically, you are replacing the corrupted lot with itself which will trigger EA code to reset the lot attributes)
    5)Make sure you go to the i info menu and update the correct number of beds and baths of the lot before saving the newly placed lot. (This is VERY VERY important because it triggers a reset of the lots attributes)

This will correct both the no beds-bug and the low housing price that occurs because of the no-beds bug.
    edited June 2015
    > @HarmonySims280 said:
    > egwarhammer Hopefully, I hit all the points. Let me know if I miss anything.
    >
    > I am playing a tester Sim (that I've actually fallen in love with because she's so awesome). However, I am constantly restarting her while trying out different mods. I have folders outside the EA folder with various starter towns that I've created. These towns are day 1 towns. I just swap the save folders around.
    >
    > So, I put in the mod. Swapped the save folders so it was the new town. Placed my tester Sim from my bin. Then left her home working on skills for a week to see what the mod would do with those first settings.
    >
    > It exploded, lol.
    >
    > I have about 5 completely empty lots. Those are the lots that failed. The game took up my 5 empty houses. My other houses were occupied so it attempted to move Sims around. Then it put 1 sim into each of the 5 empty houses (which annoyed me because it wasted the space). It impregnated Sims in houses that 8 people living in them (I thought it couldn't do that?). Then it attempted to move them and failed because there was no room. It impregnated homeless Sims and attempted to move them into houses, again it failed because there was nowhere to move them.
    >
    > Shouldn't it have checked before making all these Sims pregnant if there was room?

The way EA's core scripts work for household sizes with pregnancies is the maximum number of slots + 1. So, I guess that means that the core code is ok with household having 8 people living in there and still have one pregnancy. That was just the way that the game already handled it so I handle it that way as well. So, 8 people can still have someone in their household get pregnant. If multiple get pregnant at the same time, then only one of the babies will "appear". The others will disappear to the Aether somewhere after the are delivered.

I currently do a lot of checks before creating a new pregnancy, but I do have some limits on it or it would make a lot of pauses in the game while it's trying to process each candidate Sim.

There was confusion on another post about "impregnating homeless Sims" (or maybe it was the same post just requoted?!) LOL! I'm not used to the way EA does the official forum posts yet. Sorry!

If you see a message in the log file about failing to move someone in, that doesn't mean it impregnated a homeless Sim. It means it impregnated a HOMED sim and tried to marry/move-in a homeless into their household. It couldn't do that because the pregnant Sim's household was full and it can't move the pregnant Sim into the homeless Sim's house, so the marry/move-in fails. The pregnancy is still initiated and will still have a delivery.
    Amiutza wrote: »
    Well all of my cc is working as well, except i get the occasional crash and it's definitely related to it.

Just a question: if a package doesn't open in s4pe does that mean it's corrupt even tho it still shows in my game?

Drat, I missed this question till just now. The short answer is I don't know for sure. I only had like 3 cc items in my game when the March 26 code-firebomb dropped that broke so many things for modders/cc creators. I took my 3 cc items out. Problem solved here. I haven't ever put any back in. I'll stick with mods.

So I have no experience with s4pe, and my only experience with s3pe was to use it to disable the censor blur. Yes, I installed the whole thing just to check off one box! LOL

But I would say that's a pretty good guess.

I may HAVE s4pe on my computer... let me get tonight's work over with and tomorrow I'll see about checking s4pe out a little more. After 7am I am off work till 10pm NEXT Monday... yippee!

(Every other week... love my crazy schedule! Plus a little vacay time added in for the next month... no 2nd shift Sundays, allllllll 3rd shifts for the next 2 months... PTO is awesome... I love it!)

I really should look at s4pe since I've been recommending it... but that's been based on posts from other users whose opinions I value. My intentions are good. My knowledge of this topic, notsomuch. I'll fix that... but not this morning. :smile:
    Deaderpool wrote: »
    > @egwarhammer said:
    > HarmonySims280 wrote: »
    >
    > Deaderpool So happy to see you here. I had a massive issue with the pregnancy mod and after discussing it with some friends via PMs to try and figure it out, one suggested that maybe bring it to you?
    >
    > My game exploded. I play with aging off and on Saturday, the game impregnated 16 of my single Sims. It created 19 pregnancies. Since it had already taken all my empty houses (even though I do have it set to not do that and I did account for my empty lots), the pregnant Sims were left stranded and homeless.
    >
    > Is there anyway to stop this from happening? To tell the mod that you only want a certain percentage getting pregnant and to stop the mod from having 1 Sim impregnate multiple partners?
    >
    > In lieu of that, anyway of separating the "bypass active romantic" and "no affairs" from the pregnancy module? It's really all I wanted out of that part.
    >
    > I absolutely love the population and careers modules, they work exactly the way I want the game to work.
    >
    > I'm just having issues with the pregnancy module because I only wanted those two things. I don't want my town getting pregnant and married on their own.
    >
    > Thank you!
    >
    > Here is the log file of what happened.
    > Initializing alarms
    > ******************************************************
    > Running alarms for Days.SATURDAY (6)
    > Lot is invalid as there are no beds: 1 Chuperosa
    > Lot is invalid as there are no beds: 1 Palm Canyon Dr
    > Lot is invalid as there are no beds: 2 Palm Canyon Dr
    > Lot is invalid as there are no beds: 1 Nueva Vista
    > Lot is invalid as there are no beds: 4 Camino Real
    > Lot is invalid as there are no beds: 1 Camino Real
    > Lot is invalid as there are no beds: 1 St Charles Ave
    > Lot is invalid as there are no beds: 2 Bayou Rd
    > Lot is invalid as there are no beds: 3 Esplanade Ave
    > Lot is invalid as there are no beds: 2 Esplanade Ave
    > Lot is invalid as there are no beds: 1 Knotty Pine Rd
    > The Loh family moved into 2 Knotty Pine Rd
    > The Breen family moved into 1 Esplanade Ave
    > The Randall family moved into 3 Bayou Rd
    > *** Started pregnancy for Jackie Cavanaugh with Erika Schmid.
    > Erika Schmid is homeless. No place to move into.
    > Failed to move in Erika Schmid.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > There's a weird glitch where the game/mod (I don't remember which... does it really matter?) will stop seeing houses as furnished. Unless ALL those "invalid" lots are EMPTY (bulldozed which I highly doubt), they should not be listed like that.
    >
    > Morphar posted a fix at MTS: (italics and bold are mine)
    >
    > In Manage Worlds;
    > 1) Notate the number of beds and baths of the corrupted lot.
    > 2) Move/Evict the household from the corrupted lot. (You can move them back in later).
    > 3)Save the lot to your "My Library" under Open Gallery (F4)
    > 4)Place the saved lot from your My Library onto the corrupted lot currently in-game. (So, basically, you are replacing the corrupted lot with itself which will trigger EA code to reset the lot attributes)
    > 5)Make sure you go to the i info menu and update the correct number of beds and baths of the lot before saving the newly placed lot. (This is VERY VERY important because it triggers a reset of the lots attributes)
    >
    > This will correct both the no beds-bug and the low housing price that occurs because of the no-beds bug.
    > +++
    >
    > (from egw)
    > Next time you run the population move in sequence, any homes you've fixed are likely to get used, up to the number you set Population_OpenHouses to leave open.
    >
    > That low pricing thing Morphar mentioned comes up if you use a different method to get the lots to be seen (valid) again... I've done both, this way is better, but I can post the other if anybody wants.

Ibucey also posted a good work-around the furniture disappearing issue at MTS:
    In Manage Worlds;
    2) Move/Evict the household from the corrupted lot. (You can move them back in later).
    4)Place the saved lot from your My Library onto the corrupted lot currently in-game. (So, basically, you are replacing the corrupted lot with itself which will trigger EA code to reset the lot attributes)
    5)Make sure you go to the i info menu and update the correct number of beds and baths of the lot before saving the newly placed lot. (This is VERY VERY important because it triggers a reset of the lots attributes)

This will correct both the no beds-bug and the low housing price that occurs because of the no-beds bug.

Oh, whoops! I thought Morphar wrote that tutorial about fixing lots. My bad!

My OPINION is, it could use a "Bulldoze Lot" at the end of step 3 above.

Thanks for clearing that up!
  • MorpharMorphar Posts: 140 Member
    edited June 2015

I don't mind, but I started it.

I wrote:
    I did an experiment on the "no bed" issue. I simply move in sims from Unplayed bin. Seems to work and is easier than edit each lot. I did it only on one of the worlds and in the log it only reports "no bed" in the other world.

Ibucey wrote:

Strange thing anyway with this "no bed". I started a new game and played one family only. When I checked the log file only the 5 - 6 emty lots was reported with "no bed" but the lots that are not populated when you start a new game, was populated. I have seen a list of up to 16 lots with "no bed".
    Morphar wrote: »

I don't mind, but I started it.

I wrote:
    I did an experiment on the "no bed" issue. I simply move in sims from Unplayed bin. Seems to work and is easier than edit each lot. I did it only on one of the worlds and in the log it only reports "no bed" in the other world.

Ibucey wrote:

Strange thing anyway with this "no bed". I started a new game and played one family only. When I checked the log file only the 5 - 6 emty lots was reported with "no bed" but the lots that is not populated when you start a new game, was populated. I have seen a list of up to 18 lots with "no bed".

Maybe it creeps in gradually? I don't know. I mean, if you had it set to fill all the homes, in a new game it should work right at first for sure, shouldn't it?

I've seen a lot of invalid lots too... you were there. haha!

Meanwhile I'm just hanging out, I need to go to bed anyway, but with 1.0.7 on the fast track, I'm content to chill for a bit and see what happens when it lands.

He said hopefully before Tuesday. Sunday is before Tuesday. I am hopeful. LOL!
    This is my Friday, folks. Tomorrow starts my week off. First on my list of things to do is PLAY the GAME, which I have not done for four days now. My sims are probably tired of standing in the gym. Rescuing them first thing in the AM.

I am seriously expecting MC 1.0.7 tomorrow, or maybe tonight, but I have to work so I won't see it till I get in. :(

So there'll be that to check out and tweak, too. But I'll be around... trouble is, once I come here (forums), I tend to STAY, so if I want to play at all I better do that FIRST, right? LOL

My time management skillz are not 'leet.

But at least this week I'll have MORE time to fritter away than I've had while I've been working.

Long story short, I'll be around. You just may not see me HERE... but I do generally have origin chat online, btw. Friend requests are fine... but if you have a different name there than here, clue me in please?

Just a plan B idea. (I don't really USE chat, I just don't turn it off when it turns itself on as I enter origin/game.) We don't have to talk there, but if there's a post I need to come look at, a nudge would be nice if I haven't been seen here.

Trust me... when I'm here, you'll see me. LOL! (Postaholic)

Work soonish... catch ya soon, folks! :smile:
  • AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    Well, everything opened in S4pe but I already knew I didn't have any s3 cc. I'm gonna try to look up a way to read the last crash files and see if I can pin point the issue.
    I have a theory based on the last exception files but I will need a way to test it. It also might juat be a particular bug I have as repair game works like a charm even after 6 consecutive crashes. I wanted to cut out some of my cc, but I can't dld the only package viewer i know of, Chrome is blocking me even tho i got plenty of other stuff from that website.
    From the fire into the pit.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
    Well, everything opened in S4pe but I already knew I didn't have any s3 cc. I'm gonna try to look up a way to read the last crash files and see if I can pin point the issue.
    I have a theory based on the last exception files but I will need a way to test it. It also might juat be a particular bug I have as repair game works like a charm even after 6 consecutive crashes. I wanted to cut out some of my cc, but I can't dld the only package viewer i know of, Chrome is blocking me even tho i got plenty of other stuff from that website.
    From the fire into the pit.

LastExceptions? How many do you have? Just curious. Love to see them, I'm still largely clueless about them but sometimes I can figure out at least a little of what exploded.

Someone showed Deaderpool one at MTS that he nailed their problem from in like two minutes. Sometimes the devil is in the details.

What file (pkg viewer) is it you're trying to get? Maybe I can snag it and put it on dropbox or something for you? I use Chrome too, but I can get to Firefox (daughter uses it on her computer) or (ew ick) IE, if that's what it takes.
  • AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    My last exception file said something about "sitting" so it might be something in the comfort area that's causing the problem and not the carpets as I previously suspected.

As for the package viewer it was the Maysims one, I'll try it later with a different browser, not home right now.

Also, btw, S4studio seems to be way better for any cc related things as s4pe is no longer updated. Did a bit of research.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
    My last exception file said something about "sitting" so it might be something in the comfort area that's causing the problem and not the carpets as I previously suspected.

As for the package viewer it was the Maysims one, I'll try it later with a different browser, not home right now.

Also, btw, S4studio seems to be way better for any cc related things as s4pe is no longer updated. Did a bit of research.

I ran into what you saw with Maysims and that file not coming through. It's on my list. That annoys me. I *will* get that file. Maybe not TODAY, but I will.

I do have s4pe... as of 10 seconds ago (because I couldn't get the other one on my first try either... I'm not done). Possible plan B (desperation) stuff, that's all. We aren't anywhere near there, just noting it as FYI to myself mostly. I thought Kuree was still around. My bad... thanks for letting me know!

I probably have some OLD cc still somewhere (All Sims Stuff folder, anybody? Probably 87,000 Subfolders... LMAO!)... but (much better plan) I could go grab Esmeralda's nifty round glasses/shades again from MTS to test with, too. I do like those. They make Eliza cuter. Liberty, Dennis... hmm.

Drat. I'm getting nibbled on by the cc bug!!

Not everybody knows about DrChillgood retiring either, apparently... and it looks to me like Shimrod's given it up too. I don't *know* that, just looks possible.

This is looking random, but I'm adding things in as I think of them. Hope you can follow my convoluted non-logic!

Mostly just checking in. I'm home, I'm OFF, I have Things to DO!! :smiley:
    Here's what Deaderpool posted to the mod's comments thread... there's more info in the Description/Files pages, naturally.

New Version Released Today 1.0.7

New version just released. This version has some restructuring of the way I was doing RANDOM pregnancy and marriage before. The non-random stuff that was based on prior relationships changed some, but not as much. The basic changes are below and the detailed changes are on the download description page.

Fixed the Career_FillCareerInactiveOnly setting, which seemed to be bugged in my fix to EA's code that assigns jobs to npc's. It wasn't preventing them from assigning jobs to played, but non-active households like intended.

Fixed a problem where the Pregnancy Percent Adjustment wasn't being taken into account with marriages as it should've been.

Changed random marriages to work more like random pregnancies with relationships. By that, I mean I take prior relationships into account. If a Sim has a significant other, that person should be considered for marriage before a random Sim from the neighborhood. If a Sim has had a baby with another Sim (but not married by Auto-marriage), then that Sim should be considered before a random Sim from the neighborhood.

Added the "Set Age" Sim menu option. On a non-pregnant Sim, you can now set their age to "Child", "Teen", "Young Adult", "Adult" or "Elder". If you are running dresser and it's set to run on the age you change to, it will run clean-up on the clothes the Sim changes to when they change to the age you specify.

Added a setting to the pregnancy module, "Pregnancy_PreferHomeSims", available on the computer in the MC Pregnancy settings as "Prefer Home Sims". When true, Sims that live in households will be preferred to Sims that are homeless in the case of random pregnancies and marriage partners. Defaults to False.

Added the "Forget Active Sim", "Transfer Funds" and "Delete Sim" menu options to the Relationship Panel. I will be removing the command-line version of these commands in the near future as a result. I wouldn't think they're needed any longer since they can be fired-off easily from the UI now.

Phase one of career changes implemented. The Career module actually does stuff now! Sims will now be assigned jobs rather than being forever unemployed. Currently, I am assigning the jobs based on their current aspiration. First run on my neighborhood added 52 jobs!! Also added logic so elders will retire from their jobs. Both filling jobs and retiring is for non-active houses only. If you have the Career_FillCareerInactiveOnly set to true, then only unplayed households will be given jobs and retired. Played houses (even non-active) will be left alone.

I ran into what you saw with Maysims and that file not coming through. It's on my list. That annoys me. I *will* get that file. Maybe not TODAY, but I will.

I do have s4pe... as of 10 seconds ago (because I couldn't get the other one on my first try either... I'm not done). Possible plan B (desperation) stuff, that's all. We aren't anywhere near there, just noting it as FYI to myself mostly. I thought Kuree was still around. My bad... thanks for letting me know!

I probably have some OLD cc still somewhere (All Sims Stuff folder, anybody? Probably 87,000 Subfolders... LMAO!)... but (much better plan) I could go grab Esmeralda's nifty round glasses/shades again from MTS to test with, too. I do like those. They make Eliza cuter. Liberty, Dennis... hmm.

Drat. I'm getting nibbled on by the cc bug!!

Not everybody knows about DrChillgood retiring either, apparently... and it looks to me like Shimrod's given it up too. I don't *know* that, just looks possible.

This is looking random, but I'm adding things in as I think of them. Hope you can follow my convoluted non-logic!

Mostly just checking in. I'm home, I'm OFF, I have Things to DO!! :smiley:

Chrome/Norton Internet Security (actually) threw a fit, and flatly refused to go anywhere near the Maysims file (which is in Chinese?). Still considering plan C... plan B, use IE to get it, landed a hitchhiker program on my hard drive (adware, malware, I don't know which, but definitely something I didn't ask for... or keep on here, for any longer than it took me to find it and kill it).

Still stewing on that. Ticks me off. If YOU get the file we're after, let me know, please? I don't NEED it really, but it would be nice to have it, if I can get through all this crap. For support purposes, if nothing else.
    Here's how my mods folder looks now... he changed the name of the highlighted file so it's in line with the rest (it was different in 1.0.6, I mentioned it took me a minute to find it, then).

m7wcc4.jpg
  • AshystarAshystar Posts: 182 Member
    Hello
    How do I find all the settings so I can change the defaults?
    Thanks
    Ashystar wrote: »
    Hello
    How do I find all the settings so I can change the defaults?
    Thanks

Have you snagged 1.0.7 yet? It's up, and it even cooler than 1.0.6 already was.

Once you get the update (or mod, for anybody trying it for the first time) installed, from in the game, click on any computer, the MC Command Center switches are on a button (several... dozen, seems like! LOL), but once you've done that, to generate the file, then you can edit it using a text editor. I find that easier, personally.

The file with all this stuff in it is mc_settings.cfg.
    Trying out a few new settings... it'll be a while before I see this in action, still going through maps and haven't touched homeless sims yet (to look at what job I might angle them toward)... but here's what I'm looking at right now:

{
    "Career_FillCareerInactiveOnly": true,
    "Cleaner_BypassFamilyGhosts": true,
    "Cleaner_CleanGhosts": false,
    "Cleaner_FemaleFitLimits": "-100,100",
    "Cleaner_FemaleLeanLimits": "-100,100",
    "Cleaner_ForceAlienDisguise": true,
    "Cleaner_MaleFitLimits": "-100,100",
    "Cleaner_MaleLeanLimits": "-100,100",
    "Cleaner_MatchGlasses": true,
    "Cleaner_MonitorPhysique": false,
    "Cleaner_RemoveItems": true,
    "Cleaner_RemoveItemsAge": "T,YA,A",
    "Cleaner_RemoveItemsGender": "M,F",
    "Cleaner_RemoveItemsType": "1:All,8:Sw.Sl,11:Sw.Sl,",
    "Cleaner_SyncMarriedNames": true,
    "Dresser_ChangeOutfitAfterCareerF": "E",
    "Dresser_ChangeOutfitAfterCareerM": "E",
    "Dresser_RunMakeupCheck": false,
    "Dresser_RunOnAgeUp": "",
    "Logging_Enabled": true,
    "Pause_on_Zone": true,
    "Population_CleanPhysique": false,
    "Population_MaximumHomeless": 25,
    "Population_MoveOutElders": false,
    "Population_MoveOutSingleSim": false,
    "Population_OpenHouses": 3,
    "Population_PercentAdult": 20,
    "Population_PercentBaby": 10,
    "Population_PercentChild": 36,
    "Population_PercentElder": 5,
    "Population_PercentMale": 45,
    "Population_RunDresser": true,
    "Population_ShowDeathNotifications": true,
    "Population_UseCustom": true,
    "Pregnancy_AgeToRun": "A,YA",
    "Pregnancy_AllowAffairs": true,
    "Pregnancy_AutoMarryPercent": 70,
    "Pregnancy_AvgParentPhysique": true,
    "Pregnancy_BypassActiveRomanticInterest": true,
    "Pregnancy_BypassPlayedHouseholds": true,
    "Pregnancy_CanMarryWOPregnancy": true,
    "Pregnancy_EnforceFamily": true,
    "Pregnancy_InsiminateGenders": "M,F",
    "Pregnancy_MalePregnancy": false,
    "Pregnancy_MaxHouseholdChildren": 20,
    "Pregnancy_MaxOffspring": 4,
    "Pregnancy_MoveFamilies": true,
    "Pregnancy_OffspringGender": "M,F",
    "Pregnancy_PercentAdjustment": 0,
    "Pregnancy_PreferHomeSims": true,
    "Pregnancy_RenameSameGender": false,
    "Pregnancy_SameOppositeSexOnly": "",
    "Pregnancy_UseParentSkinTones": true,
    "Show_Notifications": true
    }
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Thanks for this thread @egwarhammer

I don't play 4 much anymore but I did want to test out the mod. It's quite incredible work. I found the install instructions and settings recommendations useful. I think one really useful thing about twallans mods was the q and a, which were outcome focused. I think it's great if people can share the settings and outcomes.

Anyway, your help thread inspired me to try out the mod.
    cherpar wrote: »
    Thanks for this thread @egwarhammer

I don't play 4 much anymore but I did want to test out the mod. It's quite incredible work. I found the install instructions and settings recommendations useful. I think one really useful thing about twallans mods was the q and a, which were outcome focused. I think it's great if people can share the settings and outcomes.

Anyway, your help thread inspired me to try out the mod.

You're welcome, @cherpar !! Makes me feel pretty good... IMHO you're one of those "name" people... meaning I've seen you around... :smile: happy you decided to give the mod a whirl, and I'm tickled to see you check in on this thread.

I started this partly for the folks who don't love MTS... but it's a great idea for anybody using this mod to at least browse its comments over there, Deaderpool IS very hands-on, and if there are issues, he wants to know and help fix those.

/fangirl mode off
    New bugfix for MC Command Center 1.0.7's Careers module... MTS page 68 post 1700 for info. Somebody caught a bug and Deaderpool squished it.
    Hey, I put a copy of a save from not long after a Saturday (pregnancy/population, aging off) MC trip time up on Dropbox. If you need a game to test stuff with, or if you just want to see what someone else's game looks like, feel free to snag it. Babies are coming!!!!!!!

No CC or MOO. About 20 mods, and this was from 5/29, 1.0.6 was still the active MC version. Filesize <5 MB.

Just trying to cover any potential wonkiness in case we aren't using the same mods. Mine are posted (screenshots) earlier in this thread, I haven't changed anything other than getting the Careers bugfix download this evening.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jz99gqz1j51c0ep/Slot_00000016.save?dl=0
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top