Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    My sense of time is very fluid... evening, I said, at almost 4am... LOL! Comes from working 3d shift.

Anybody seeing any new weirdness in your game?

I don't think this was MC-related, but I got a 47k LastException file in my game this morning. It's on dropbox if anybody's interested.

Epic.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/unlr1cvwpc5anw3/lastException.txt?dl=0
    I copied this from the download page to paste into a thread... figured this would also be a good place for it to land.

Info on the different parts of MC Command Center:

McCmdCenter This is the main module. It is needed for anything else to work. It has a few "cheat"-type commands built-in, but does very little by itself otherwise.

McCmdCenter_dresser This module allows configuration of black and white lists for specific outfit items. This allows greater control of what Sims will be wearing and methods to run to "clean-up" Sims that are not wearing desired clothing items.

McCmdCenter_pregnancy This module creates a basic story progression of neighborhood Sims in that they can get married and have children as they age-up without direct user control.

McCmdCenter_population This module simulates other basic story progression of moving homeless Sims into households. It has some other moving-in/moving-out type options included as well.

McCmdCenter_cleaner This module handles some basic cleaning-the-game options. Getting rid of homeless ghosts, setting some default makeups on Sims as they age-up...that sort of thing.

McCmdCenter_career This module handles career-based functionality.
    Quick question to others who use mods... what mods have you "replaced" by installing MC Command Center?

For me, Always Start Lots Paused (main module). Change Outfit Inactives (dresser).

I know there are several mods he's included switches for in MC, I just haven't used those mods. Hence, my question... what's out there?

The fatness/fitness settings should replace at least ONE mod I know of, but never tried.

@luthienrising @MsPhy what have you noticed? Tagging y'all to get the conversation going... bring friends! :)

Anybody, jump in!
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I took out Shimrod's fewer elders mods, because with MC I was able to set the generation of elder townies to exactly what I wanted: zero. I have nothing against elders, but I play for marriage and reproduction. I like my elders to be ones who have grown older during gameplay.

I can't think of any other mods I've disposed of since getting MC. The features that I find the most happy-making in MC are ones that I had not found mods for, like preserving romantic relationships, making unwanted romantic relationships disappear, and preserving played Sims' jobs. I've also made use of some of the features I thought I never would, like letting townies get married and have children. I hated that, to a certain extent, in TS3, because the game would try to marry off townies I wanted preserved for my played Sims--if Twallan had a way around that, I never found it. However, in a game where there are not that many teens and children walking about, I like having the population increased in this fashion. I also like that the mod will clean townie ghosts to keep the population down. I still have the no more culling mod, for good luck, but I absolutely love that I don't have to delete elder townies before they die in order to avoid ghost-clutter.
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    I've taken out the fewer elders as well. I'm also no longer worried about using the household revamp ( shimrod ) as with pregnancies you get some different families. Still though, better NPC generation would be better. (I don't think that mod has been updated)
    cherpar wrote: »
    I've taken out the fewer elders as well. I'm also no longer worried about using the household revamp ( shimrod ) as with pregnancies you get some different families. Still though, better NPC generation would be better. (I don't think that mod has been updated)

Which/whose mod is that, "better NPC Generation"?

It's possible that MC 1.0.7's careers module update could be just the thing for that. Well, depending on WHICH "that" we're talking about. If you mean NPC/job making some sort of sense, Deaderpool tackled that.

I haven't seen it in action yet, I kinda spent last night surfing > playing, and now I'm in chill mode, cruising forums till the new stuff drops.

Already pulled mods and all that jazz. Good to go, whenever they flip the switch!

There will be sleep at some point today for me. Up all night. As usual.
    http://modthesims.info/d/548447
    @egwarhammer

It's shimrods homeless household revamp. It replaced the constant generation of single mum townies with a couple of different types of families. For whatever reason shimrod said there were different types of families but only the two adult females ( grandma, mum) and one teen/ child were being endlessly generated. So it's not about their careers but the structure of townie families. Hope that makes sense!
    http://modthesims.info/d/548447
    @egwarhammer

It's shimrods homeless household revamp. It replaced the constant generation of single mum townies with a couple of different types of families. For whatever reason shimrod said there were different types of families but only the two adult females ( grandma, mum) and one teen/ child were being endlessly generated. So it's not about their careers but the structure of townie families. Hope that makes sense!

I remember that mod, I looked at it and decided I didn't like his idea of families (six at once, really?) any better, so I dumped it again.

I think it was either luthienrising or msphy who said they let townies get married and have kids, so THAT changes their bin makeup, too. I wish I had a better memory. But that's part of MC too, just a different module... sorta related but sorta not, I know.

Patch time!

• Rojo De GuyRojo De Guy Posts: 784 Member
    Sul Sul!
    Wow this modder got some serious talent!
    Thanks so much for this thread :D
    My question is about the "maximum homeless" option, the other command consoles works fine e.g dress cleaner, the career settings :)
    I only have the MC Career, Dress Cleaner, and Population Script

I've play-tested the max.homeless option it hoping it would end the attack of the clone Sims in my town (lol) it works beautifully BUT only if I stayed playing on my home lot

(I have mc-gomez's get population mod and I check and check every Sim day while at my home lot to see any changes and so far the homeless numbers stay the same ~Huzzah!)

but if I traveled lets say to the Gym, the game generates a new Gym trainer even though I already have three of em (my homeless townies numbers are already met at 26 Sim only), granted I did modified my trainers (most of them had pointy ears) did that somehow changed their code and reset them to normal no-job NPC's?

Case Scenario
    yet somehow if I traveled to another Gym (I only have 2 gyms in my world 1 in W.Creek, 1 in O.Springs) one of them (my modified trainers) are recognized as the trainers (I highlighted the Sim and in red letters it shows Gym Trainer) he worked out as usual but didn't train until he left and I highlighted him again and the title in red was gone he's now a normal NPC and surprise2 another gym trainer came or more specifically Sim Elf via pointy ears ( I deleted the Sim via household management)

I re-rolled my save game and tested with the librarian and its the same as above (I deleted the new-generated librarian via household management and came another and another)

oh and here's my MC settings since I'm a new member I cant post images so I'll just C/P

"Career_FillCareerInactiveOnly": true,
    "Cleaner_BypassFamilyGhosts": true,
    "Cleaner_CleanGhosts": false,
    "Cleaner_FemaleFitLimits": "-55,65",
    "Cleaner_FemaleLeanLimits": "-65,55",
    "Cleaner_ForceAlienDisguise": false,
    "Cleaner_MaleFitLimits": "-65,70",
    "Cleaner_MaleLeanLimits": "-70,65",
    "Cleaner_MatchGlasses": false,
    "Cleaner_MonitorPhysique": false,
    "Cleaner_RemoveItems": false,
    "Cleaner_RemoveItemsAge": "T,YA,A,E",
    "Cleaner_RemoveItemsGender": "M,F",
    "Cleaner_RemoveItemsType": "1:All,13:All",
    "Cleaner_SyncMarriedNames": true,
    "Dresser_ChangeOutfitAfterCareerF": "",
    "Dresser_ChangeOutfitAfterCareerM": "",
    "Dresser_RunMakeupCheck": false,
    "Dresser_RunOnAgeUp": "",
    "Logging_Enabled": false,
    "Pause_on_Zone": false,
    "Population_CleanPhysique": false,
    "Population_MaximumHomeless": 26,
    "Population_MoveOutElders": false,
    "Population_MoveOutSingleSim": false,
    "Population_OpenHouses": 9,
    "Population_PercentAdult": 30,
    "Population_PercentBaby": 10,
    "Population_PercentChild": 25,
    "Population_PercentElder": 0,
    "Population_PercentMale": 65,
    "Population_RunDresser": false,
    "Population_ShowDeathNotifications": false,
    "Population_UseCustom": true,

And for added info I don't have any other Mods that "might" conflict with DP's MC mod
    the only ones I had was Shimrod's "fewer elder", "less townie generator" and"homeless revamp" mod but removed those and moved in DP's mod :)
    Is the game's NPC filter suppose to do that even with the MC mod on? or any other filtering mod if so I 'll just have to get use to these facsimiles running and doing spontaneous push ups in my town (lol!)

Vadish again for this thread warhammer :D
    EfTVMcj.jpg
    "Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light"
    Sul Sul!
    Wow this modder got some serious talent!
    Thanks so much for this thread :D
    My question is about the "maximum homeless" option, the other command consoles works fine e.g dress cleaner, the career settings :)
    I only have the MC Career, Dress Cleaner, and Population Script

I've play-tested the max.homeless option it hoping it would end the attack of the clone Sims in my town (lol) it works beautifully BUT only if I stayed playing on my home lot

(I have mc-gomez's get population mod and I check and check every Sim day while at my home lot to see any changes and so far the homeless numbers stay the same ~Huzzah!)

but if I traveled lets say to the Gym, the game generates a new Gym trainer even though I already have three of em (my homeless townies numbers are already met at 26 Sim only), granted I did modified my trainers (most of them had pointy ears) did that somehow changed their code and reset them to normal no-job NPC's?

Case Scenario
    yet somehow if I traveled to another Gym (I only have 2 gyms in my world 1 in W.Creek, 1 in O.Springs) one of them (my modified trainers) are recognized as the trainers (I highlighted the Sim and in red letters it shows Gym Trainer) he worked out as usual but didn't train until he left and I highlighted him again and the title in red was gone he's now a normal NPC and surprise2 another gym trainer came or more specifically Sim Elf via pointy ears ( I deleted the Sim via household management)

I re-rolled my save game and tested with the librarian and its the same as above (I deleted the new-generated librarian via household management and came another and another)

oh and here's my MC settings since I'm a new member I cant post images so I'll just C/P

"Cleaner_CleanGhosts": false,
    "Cleaner_FemaleFitLimits": "-55,65",
    "Cleaner_FemaleLeanLimits": "-65,55",
    "Cleaner_MaleFitLimits": "-65,70",
    "Cleaner_MaleLeanLimits": "-70,65",
    "Cleaner_MatchGlasses": false,
    "Cleaner_MonitorPhysique": false,
    "Cleaner_RemoveItemsAge": "T,YA,A,E",
    "Cleaner_RemoveItemsType": "1:All,13:All",
    "Logging_Enabled": false,
    "Pause_on_Zone": false,
    "Population_CleanPhysique": false,
    "Population_MaximumHomeless": 26,
    "Population_OpenHouses": 9,
    "Population_PercentAdult": 30,
    "Population_PercentBaby": 10,
    "Population_PercentChild": 25,
    "Population_PercentMale": 65,

And for added info I don't have any other Mods that "might" conflict with DP's MC mod
    the only ones I had was Shimrod's "fewer elder", "less townie generator" and"homeless revamp" mod but removed those and moved in DP's mod :)
    Is the game's NPC filter suppose to do that even with the MC mod on? or any other filtering mod if so I 'll just have to get use to these facsimiles running and doing spontaneous push ups in my town (lol!)

Vadish again for this thread warhammer :D

Sorry to just now be getting to this, but I kind of wanted to let the post-patch dust settle a little bit.

Couple of quick tips, if you're having conflict or random weirdness issues, please change this one: Logging_Enabled": false to true. It will help us figure out what's going on.

But, and I always say this, that file mc_cmd_center.log overwrites itself, so if something strange happens, look, and copy/paste the info to another txt file. I missed something once. That's not happening again, for me or anybody else I can tell how to avoid it! LOL

Other tip, if you enable Pause on Zone... you'll LOVE it. Gamechanger, no more hovering over the keyboard waiting for the loading screen to go away so you can jump on the P key to go grab a drink. Already done.

Deaderpool said that Homeless Households number is more like an estimate than a hard number, it has to be for the game to work. Sometimes the game NEEDS something, and whether your bin has more than the # of windows you set, that NPC will be made if you don't have what it's looking for (elder gardener, ya pizza delivery... I'm guessing, but he mentioned the Reaper and Mailman).

He did try it as a total block early on, and broke GTW. So then he backed off to the "bottleneck" version it is now... it DOES cut waaaaaaay down on incoming townies. But it's still not an absolute lockout function.

Does this help? I get the feeling I'm not exactly answering your specific question... give me more info on what's happening (any last exception files? I want those, too!!), and I'll try to be more helpful.
    Folks, I believe I have some DIVERSITY happening here! Fresh 'hood, normal startup people plus my 2.

Game gave me him, she's his twinned-off sister. Stephan and Eve *cough* Crowley *cough*... game gave me the last name, I couldn't pass it up!

6736v9.jpg

And when my population jumped from 29 to 43, I went to look at my bin...

4r5eew.jpg

Been AGES since a "natural" blonde has come my way, I'd say 90% (of not elders) have either black or that really dark brown hair. This is a pretty cool first batch, I think.

Now, to go see who they ARE! :smile:
    edited June 2015
    First Sunday, new roll, 2pm-ish. Short agespan, first ever stab at that. I'm just going to play my twins mostly, so I don't get too attached to these townies, etc. LOL

First bug:

Kind of similar to the old "autonomously buy retail" bug, before EA fixed it. I have a "clock circle" like from an event window on my screen, but that's the only part and it's Whited out, not working. But I heard a musical fanfare-thing, and was notified my event was under way.

While brother/sis both are standing outside yakking with a circle of random people. No idea what kicked it off, or why it did such a halfway job of it. Well, mod conflict, maybe. Otherwise... ? Anybody else seen anything odd? No MC log errors or LastException errors (so far).

Edit: add picture:

2h7hy69.jpg

I looked at MTS about all my mods, no news for any of them. Which could be good or bad.

MC is supposedly okay...

OH WAIT!! I *did* see ONE person on the No Culling thread say she lost sims after the update... so if you have big hood's... BE SAFE!!!!!!! Backups are awesome. There's at least a chance the mod might have a new issue... just a reminder. :)

Tanja's alien mods are okay, she said. I don't have those, but wanted to pass that along.

I guess I need to go pull some out and see what happens then.

I'll let you know!

What are you seeing/noticing/reading, mod-wise?

Maybe it's supposed to be that way? I backed up till noon, started from there again.

Around 2, same thing, fanfare, welcome to the neighborhood, Travis, Liberty & Summer drop by. (I usually start in that sub-hood). Timer's counting down, 5 hour event, apparently. No clue what I'm doing, but it's all good.

I haven't taken out ALL my mods, but I did lighten up some.

2moefk3.jpg

59ym3q.jpg

I have the feeling that interface should have more to it... am I wrong about that? Anybody else seen a Welcome Wagon? How does yours look?
    Anybody been past a MC alarms triptime recently? How did it go?

I had my first one (short age span), Monday AM. It was supposed to do population, cleaner and pregnancy stuff. Core people mapped, 53 all together (maps/bin), only played are my 2.

Moved (I guess) Vivian and Dennis into the "retirement home" (something I haven't looked at, but I will and check back.) There is an elder homeless couple, it could be them... I didn't want to save it till I decided whether to keep it or not. I'm not. So now I can save it and look around Manage households, then quit, change settings, load an earlier version and try again. Cool, I have a plan.

Day one, no ghosts, so cleaner didn't have much to do for this round.

Pregnancy influence setting is at zero (was, it won't be) because I figured, fresh game, first trip, short lifespan, surely SOMEBODY would end up pregnant. Nada. I didn't mark anybody... hmm, I'll do that to at least one, then, when I retreat. (Started to say "back up" but that means something entirely different, these days... hahaha!)

Lotsa earlier saves to start from. Litterbug! (I don't leave many in the /saves folder overall, for long. I'll clean 'em out when I'm done playing/testing.)

I'll be back!
    I noticed MC has not moved any sims into Newcrest houses ( yes there are houses there). it's moving them into the other two words) Has anyone else experienced this or do you think that maybe MC needs updating to recognise Newcrest. I've selected three houses to be left open so that doesnt seem to be the issue.
    I noticed MC has not moved any sims into Newcrest houses ( yes there are houses there). it's moving them into the other two words) Has anyone else experienced this or do you think that maybe MC needs updating to recognise Newcrest. I've selected three houses to be left open so that doesnt seem to be the issue.

I don't know and it's days till I see a move in, they're apparently saturday midnight only for all lifespans. Weekend thing, moving, I get that, but testing from a new roll (starts on sunday, of course) makes that a problem.

Good bad or ugly gang, for the next couple days at least, if you see/suspect anything MC-related, I want to know it ALL!
  • Rojo De GuyRojo De Guy Posts: 784 Member
    edited June 2015
    > @egwarhammer said:
    > Rojo De Guy wrote: »
    >
    > Sul Sul!
    > Wow this modder got some serious talent!
    > Thanks so much for this thread :D
    > My question is about the "maximum homeless" option, the other command consoles works fine e.g dress cleaner, the career settings :)
    > I only have the MC Career, Dress Cleaner, and Population Script
    >
    > I've play-tested the max.homeless option it hoping it would end the attack of the clone Sims in my town (lol) it works beautifully BUT only if I stayed playing on my home lot
    >
    > (I have mc-gomez's get population mod and I check and check every Sim day while at my home lot to see any changes and so far the homeless numbers stay the same ~Huzzah!)
    >
    > but if I traveled lets say to the Gym, the game generates a new Gym trainer even though I already have three of em (my homeless townies numbers are already met at 26 Sim only), granted I did modified my trainers (most of them had pointy ears) did that somehow changed their code and reset them to normal no-job NPC's?
    >
    > Case Scenario
    > yet somehow if I traveled to another Gym (I only have 2 gyms in my world 1 in W.Creek, 1 in O.Springs) one of them (my modified trainers) are recognized as the trainers (I highlighted the Sim and in red letters it shows Gym Trainer) he worked out as usual but didn't train until he left and I highlighted him again and the title in red was gone he's now a normal NPC and surprise2 another gym trainer came or more specifically Sim Elf via pointy ears ( I deleted the Sim via household management)
    >
    > I re-rolled my save game and tested with the librarian and its the same as above (I deleted the new-generated librarian via household management and came another and another)
    >
    > oh and here's my MC settings since I'm a new member I cant post images so I'll just C/P
    >
    > "Career_FillCareerInactiveOnly": true,
    > "Cleaner_BypassFamilyGhosts": true,
    > "Cleaner_CleanGhosts": false,
    > "Cleaner_FemaleFitLimits": "-55,65",
    > "Cleaner_FemaleLeanLimits": "-65,55",
    > "Cleaner_ForceAlienDisguise": false,
    > "Cleaner_MaleFitLimits": "-65,70",
    > "Cleaner_MaleLeanLimits": "-70,65",
    > "Cleaner_MatchGlasses": false,
    > "Cleaner_MonitorPhysique": false,
    > "Cleaner_RemoveItems": false,
    > "Cleaner_RemoveItemsAge": "T,YA,A,E",
    > "Cleaner_RemoveItemsGender": "M,F",
    > "Cleaner_RemoveItemsType": "1:All,13:All",
    > "Cleaner_SyncMarriedNames": true,
    > "Dresser_ChangeOutfitAfterCareerF": "",
    > "Dresser_ChangeOutfitAfterCareerM": "",
    > "Dresser_RunMakeupCheck": false,
    > "Dresser_RunOnAgeUp": "",
    > "Logging_Enabled": false,
    > "Pause_on_Zone": false,
    > "Population_CleanPhysique": false,
    > "Population_MaximumHomeless": 26,
    > "Population_MoveOutElders": false,
    > "Population_MoveOutSingleSim": false,
    > "Population_OpenHouses": 9,
    > "Population_PercentAdult": 30,
    > "Population_PercentBaby": 10,
    > "Population_PercentChild": 25,
    > "Population_PercentElder": 0,
    > "Population_PercentMale": 65,
    > "Population_RunDresser": false,
    > "Population_ShowDeathNotifications": false,
    > "Population_UseCustom": true,
    >
    > And for added info I don't have any other Mods that "might" conflict with DP's MC mod
    > the only ones I had was Shimrod's "fewer elder", "less townie generator" and"homeless revamp" mod but removed those and moved in DP's mod :)
    > Is the game's NPC filter suppose to do that even with the MC mod on? or any other filtering mod if so I 'll just have to get use to these facsimiles running and doing spontaneous push ups in my town (lol!)
    >
    > Vadish again for this thread warhammer :D
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Sorry to just now be getting to this, but I kind of wanted to let the post-patch dust settle a little bit.
    >
    > Couple of quick tips, if you're having conflict or random weirdness issues, please change this one: Logging_Enabled": false to true. It will help us figure out what's going on.
    >
    > But, and I always say this, that file mc_cmd_center.log overwrites itself, so if something strange happens, look, and copy/paste the info to another txt file. I missed something once. That's not happening again, for me or anybody else I can tell how to avoid it! LOL
    >
    > Other tip, if you enable Pause on Zone... you'll LOVE it. Gamechanger, no more hovering over the keyboard waiting for the loading screen to go away so you can jump on the P key to go grab a drink. Already done.
    >
    > Deaderpool said that Homeless Households number is more like an estimate than a hard number, it has to be for the game to work. Sometimes the game NEEDS something, and whether your bin has more than the # of windows you set, that NPC will be made if you don't have what it's looking for (elder gardener, ya pizza delivery... I'm guessing, but he mentioned the Reaper and Mailman).
    >
    > He did try it as a total block early on, and broke GTW. So then he backed off to the "bottleneck" version it is now... it DOES cut waaaaaaay down on incoming townies. But it's still not an absolute lockout function.
    >
    > Does this help? I get the feeling I'm not exactly answering your specific question... give me more info on what's happening (any last exception files? I want those, too!!), and I'll try to be more helpful.

You've answered my question about the max homeless option tq so much 4 your reply :)

that explains why my game NEEDS all these npc's when I tried playing the Police Force in GTW my Sim couldn't do the requirements needed to solve his first case due to the fact I limited the number of townies (via jailbirds,civilians,other police crew) and the said suspect PROBABLY didn't even get generated by the game (ooops!) Its almost the same case like you said about the GTW incoming townies

Weirdness happened and I'm totally gonna follow your instructions thnks again for your quick response :)

Edit;
    sorry I'm not that tech oriented :/ but are these the last exception files you asked for? I dunno how to post links as a new member sorry :(

<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
    <report><version>2</version><sessionid>c497ecf8fc2d016e557a8224</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4.13.pc</sku><createtime>2015-06-12 08:43:28</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.7.65.1020-1.200.000.115.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>(AS)scaleform.clik.core::UIComponent</categoryid><desyncid>c497ecf8fc2d016e557a8224</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
    at scaleform.clik.core::UIComponent/configUI()
    at scaleform.clik.core::UIComponent/validateNow()
    at olympus.dialog::DialogManager/ProcessDialogRequest()
    at olympus.dialog::DialogManager/RequestDialog()
    at widgets.GameEntry.controls::HouseholdDetailPanel/Show()
    at widgets.GameEntry.HouseholdPanel.controls::HouseholdPanel/OnHouseholdClick()
    at olympus.layout::GridLayout/OnCellEventDispatched()
    at olympus.gui.buttons::Button/OnMouseRelease()
    </desyncdata></report>
    </root>
    EfTVMcj.jpg
    "Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light"
    > @egwarhammer said:
    > Rojo De Guy wrote: »
    >
    > Sul Sul!
    > Wow this modder got some serious talent!
    > Thanks so much for this thread :D
    > My question is about the "maximum homeless" option, the other command consoles works fine e.g dress cleaner, the career settings :)
    > I only have the MC Career, Dress Cleaner, and Population Script
    >
    > I've play-tested the max.homeless option it hoping it would end the attack of the clone Sims in my town (lol) it works beautifully BUT only if I stayed playing on my home lot
    >
    > (I have mc-gomez's get population mod and I check and check every Sim day while at my home lot to see any changes and so far the homeless numbers stay the same ~Huzzah!)
    >
    > but if I traveled lets say to the Gym, the game generates a new Gym trainer even though I already have three of em (my homeless townies numbers are already met at 26 Sim only), granted I did modified my trainers (most of them had pointy ears) did that somehow changed their code and reset them to normal no-job NPC's?
    >
    > Case Scenario
    > yet somehow if I traveled to another Gym (I only have 2 gyms in my world 1 in W.Creek, 1 in O.Springs) one of them (my modified trainers) are recognized as the trainers (I highlighted the Sim and in red letters it shows Gym Trainer) he worked out as usual but didn't train until he left and I highlighted him again and the title in red was gone he's now a normal NPC and surprise2 another gym trainer came or more specifically Sim Elf via pointy ears ( I deleted the Sim via household management)
    >
    > I re-rolled my save game and tested with the librarian and its the same as above (I deleted the new-generated librarian via household management and came another and another)
    >
    > oh and here's my MC settings since I'm a new member I cant post images so I'll just C/P
    >
    > "Career_FillCareerInactiveOnly": true,
    > "Cleaner_BypassFamilyGhosts": true,
    > "Cleaner_CleanGhosts": false,
    > "Cleaner_FemaleFitLimits": "-55,65",
    > "Cleaner_FemaleLeanLimits": "-65,55",
    > "Cleaner_ForceAlienDisguise": false,
    > "Cleaner_MaleFitLimits": "-65,70",
    > "Cleaner_MaleLeanLimits": "-70,65",
    > "Cleaner_MatchGlasses": false,
    > "Cleaner_MonitorPhysique": false,
    > "Cleaner_RemoveItems": false,
    > "Cleaner_RemoveItemsAge": "T,YA,A,E",
    > "Cleaner_RemoveItemsGender": "M,F",
    > "Cleaner_RemoveItemsType": "1:All,13:All",
    > "Cleaner_SyncMarriedNames": true,
    > "Dresser_ChangeOutfitAfterCareerF": "",
    > "Dresser_ChangeOutfitAfterCareerM": "",
    > "Dresser_RunMakeupCheck": false,
    > "Dresser_RunOnAgeUp": "",
    > "Logging_Enabled": false,
    > "Pause_on_Zone": false,
    > "Population_CleanPhysique": false,
    > "Population_MaximumHomeless": 26,
    > "Population_MoveOutElders": false,
    > "Population_MoveOutSingleSim": false,
    > "Population_OpenHouses": 9,
    > "Population_PercentAdult": 30,
    > "Population_PercentBaby": 10,
    > "Population_PercentChild": 25,
    > "Population_PercentElder": 0,
    > "Population_PercentMale": 65,
    > "Population_RunDresser": false,
    > "Population_ShowDeathNotifications": false,
    > "Population_UseCustom": true,
    >
    > And for added info I don't have any other Mods that "might" conflict with DP's MC mod
    > the only ones I had was Shimrod's "fewer elder", "less townie generator" and"homeless revamp" mod but removed those and moved in DP's mod :)
    > Is the game's NPC filter suppose to do that even with the MC mod on? or any other filtering mod if so I 'll just have to get use to these facsimiles running and doing spontaneous push ups in my town (lol!)
    >
    > Vadish again for this thread warhammer :D
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Sorry to just now be getting to this, but I kind of wanted to let the post-patch dust settle a little bit.
    >
    > Couple of quick tips, if you're having conflict or random weirdness issues, please change this one: Logging_Enabled": false to true. It will help us figure out what's going on.
    >
    > But, and I always say this, that file mc_cmd_center.log overwrites itself, so if something strange happens, look, and copy/paste the info to another txt file. I missed something once. That's not happening again, for me or anybody else I can tell how to avoid it! LOL
    >
    > Other tip, if you enable Pause on Zone... you'll LOVE it. Gamechanger, no more hovering over the keyboard waiting for the loading screen to go away so you can jump on the P key to go grab a drink. Already done.
    >
    > Deaderpool said that Homeless Households number is more like an estimate than a hard number, it has to be for the game to work. Sometimes the game NEEDS something, and whether your bin has more than the # of windows you set, that NPC will be made if you don't have what it's looking for (elder gardener, ya pizza delivery... I'm guessing, but he mentioned the Reaper and Mailman).
    >
    > He did try it as a total block early on, and broke GTW. So then he backed off to the "bottleneck" version it is now... it DOES cut waaaaaaay down on incoming townies. But it's still not an absolute lockout function.
    >
    > Does this help? I get the feeling I'm not exactly answering your specific question... give me more info on what's happening (any last exception files? I want those, too!!), and I'll try to be more helpful.

You've answered my question about the max homeless option tq so much 4 your reply :)

that explains why my game NEEDS all these npc's when I tried playing the Police Force in GTW my Sim couldn't do the requirements needed to solve his first case due to the fact I limited the number of townies (via jailbirds,civilians,other police crew) and the said suspect PROBABLY didn't even get generated by the game (ooops!) Its almost the same case like you said about the GTW incoming townies

Weirdness happened and I'm totally gonna follow your instructions thnks again for your quick response :)

Edit;
    sorry I'm not that tech oriented :/ but are these the last exception files you asked for? I dunno how to post links as a new member sorry :(

2c497ecf8fc2d016e557a8224desyncea.maxis.sims4.13.pc2015-06-12 08:43:28Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.7.65.1020-1.200.000.115.Release(AS)scaleform.clik.core::UIComponentc497ecf8fc2d016e557a8224TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
    at scaleform.clik.core::UIComponent/configUI()
    at scaleform.clik.core::UIComponent/validateNow()
    at olympus.dialog::DialogManager/ProcessDialogRequest()
    at olympus.dialog::DialogManager/RequestDialog()
    at widgets.GameEntry.controls::HouseholdDetailPanel/Show()
    at widgets.GameEntry.HouseholdPanel.controls::HouseholdPanel/OnHouseholdClick()
    at olympus.layout::GridLayout/OnCellEventDispatched()
    at olympus.gui.buttons::Button/OnMouseRelease()

That's almost exactly what I was looking for. :smile: "Almost" because there are 2 kinds, and what that is you posted was from a LastUIException file. I really don't know much about those, but I've seen them look a lot like what you posted. I just checked some old stuff I have on my desktop, that's why I can tell you for sure which kind this was.

Here's a LastException file.

<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
    <report><version>2</version><sessionid>cd48e0e47bb5e0df555b2f5a</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4.13.pc</sku><createtime>2015-05-19 10:21:10</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.7.65.1020-1.200.000.115.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>bar.py:35</categoryid><desyncid>cd48e0e47bb5e0df555b2f5a</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata> File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\aop.py", line 294, in interaction_factory File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\food\bar.py", line 35, in __init__ TypeError: __init__() missing 2 required keyword-only arguments: 'crafting_process' and 'phase' </desyncdata></report>
    </root>

See how it mentions food and a bar? I have no idea why it couldn't find what it wanted... some of these come from core glitches, and that's just that. I don't *know* but I doubt they're fixable via mods.

But if you end up with one that points to a specific command or mod, those are gold... I saw Deaderpool nail a player's problem with MC Command Center within 2 minutes of seeing that file the other day. Color me impressed!

That's why I asked what you had... if you can remember what you were doing when one gets written, that's helpful too.

I speak techie but from both sides... My own mother still needs VCR (yes, really, I said VCR) programming help, when her power goes out and comes back. I do understand "not real techie" too.

Point being, nobody should ever be afraid to ask me to re-explain something from a different angle, if you don't "get" my first reply. I do that all the time myself, with Deaderpool and Scumbumbo.

If something I post gives you a "wait... what?" feeling... give me the chance to try again. 'k?
    I just installed that careers update and now there is another one?

What did it change?

TL;DR=second bugfix. :smiley:

(more translations added to main module, if you don't want/care about those, it's okay as is, even though it SAYS it has a newer date than yours might.)

Page 71, post 1775

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by roxas120
    Hi! First I must say that you're mod is awesome!
    However since the last update I had something strange in the mc_cmd_center.log:

[06/12/15 10:56:45]Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Users\chris\Documents\Electronic Arts\Les*Sims*4\Mods\Story progression\MTS_Deaderpool_1538010_MC_Career_script_1_0_7.zip\mc_career.py", line 54, in give_careers_and_retire
    max_user_level = career_type.get_max_user_level()
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get_max_user_level'

What does it mean and how am I able to fix it?

Sorry if my english is not really great but it's not my native language!
    Thanks in advance!
    No problem. I understood what you were saying perfectly. Thanks for the report! I haven't seen this and I am curious what the career was it was trying to handle. Do you have any custom career mods, by any chance?

I will add a catch around it so in the future an error won't happen in the case and I'll probably add some more details so I can see what career is causing it. It should not break anything in your game by this happening, but it may stop career module from giving everyone jobs and retiring folks. It will probably only give jobs and retire until it hits that error and then stop for that night.

EDIT: I went ahead and fixed this and uploaded a new Career Module. If you keep hitting this error, try grabbing the mc_career module again from the download files section. You will still get a message when this happens, but it won't cause an error and prevent the career processes from continuing. I'd be interested in any message you do get in the future as it should tell you a number now. It will say "Could not load career: x". If I can find out what "x" is that is causing the error, I can figure out what is going on.

Thanks again!
    I just installed that careers update and now there is another one?

What did it change?

LOL! Okay I may need either sleep or more caffeine, because I read this again and I had THIS thought... and it's begging to be shared...

Yes, how DARE he keep his mods both updated AND maintained in such timely fashion?????? I mean, who does he think he IS??????

hahahaha!!!
    Anybody been past a MC alarms triptime recently? How did it go?

I play with aging off so I have to wait a week. This is what it did after 3 days.
    [06/12/15 14:08:04]Initializing alarms
    [06/12/15 14:14:40]* Created homeless household, Feliciano, containing 3 sim(s)
    [06/12/15 14:14:42]* Created homeless household, Forsythe, containing 3 sim(s)
    [06/12/15 14:14:45]* Created homeless household, Stapleton, containing 3 sim(s)
    [06/12/15 14:15:13]* Created homeless household, Pritchard, containing 3 sim(s)
    [06/12/15 14:20:12]* Created homeless household, Copeland, containing 3 sim(s)
    [06/12/15 14:20:15]* Created homeless household, Edmondson, containing 3 sim(s)
    [06/12/15 14:21:49]******************************************************
    [06/12/15 14:21:49]Running alarms for Days.MONDAY (1)
    [06/12/15 14:26:24]* Created homeless household, Vela, containing 1 sim(s)
    [06/12/15 14:40:54]******************************************************
    [06/12/15 14:40:54]Running alarms for Days.TUESDAY (2)
    [06/12/15 14:40:54]Employed 28 Sims

I have it set to bypass my played Sims. I purposely only played 4 households and left all the others alone. It went and changed some of their careers which kind of annoyed me a little.

Wait, run that by me again. What exactly changed that bothered you? Played/unplayed, stuff like that. Settings? Gimme MOAR! :smiley:

If it's careers-related, I haven't played long enough (my 2 don't even have jobs yet, but I'll fix THAT), we need to figure out what mc does and what the game's new gig does (IF the patch works as intended... their initial careers launch certainly didn't and hasn't since, and their one shot at the incest bug didn't cut it, either... I'm skeptical). And maybe how well they play together. I just haven't seen it yet.

Which is why I said... TELL ME!

Besides, I like talking about games, too. <3

(My thread... we play this mod in our game... I see no reason we can't talk about both here.)

I was so not thrilled with my first run for Mon AM (midnight Sunday, confuses me, vampire shift is bad enough for that already), I decided to keep the file, but reload another earlier one (about 10pm, I wanted a little lead-in time) and go for round 2. It wasn't going to do a lot, first night, but I did expect more than I saw from the pregnancy/marriage part. Maybe none of them just know anybody new yet. Day one is barely in the books. I've only played my 2.

And I wanted to mention one thing you said because I thought that too... it's only the move in thing that just triggers weekly (for everybody, regardless of lifespan)... there should be *something* happening every night, if you have all the parts installed. I remember thinking all my stuff just happened on Saturday, when I first got it.

If you haven't seen it, go to the mod page and hit the Weekly Scheduled Alarms button below the module descriptions. I screenshotted it so I'd have it handy on my desktop. VERY nice table of what fires off each night.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680 (it's in my sig but << easy button)
    *confused face* not sure if you were joking or.....

About how dare he? Oh yeah, total tongue in cheek, there. Sorry... told ya I might need sleep... that hasn't changed. I'm on a roll! LOL
    *confused face* not sure if you were joking or.....

About how dare he? Oh yeah, total tongue in cheek, there. Sorry... told ya I might need sleep... that hasn't changed. I'm on a roll! LOL

Was on my phone and waiting for the poor lone cashier at a very busy Walmart to finally get to me when I decided to check here. Hence, the brief comment, lol.

Yeah, I wasn't sure if you were being silly or snarking at me or something.

So let me go back to what you said in the last one and hit the points.

Here is my file (since you like seeing these things being a "numbers" gal....you know what I mean, lol).
    "Cleaner_CleanGhosts": true,
    "Cleaner_FemaleFitLimits": "-70,70",
    "Cleaner_FemaleLeanLimits": "-70,70",
    "Cleaner_MaleFitLimits": "-70,70",
    "Cleaner_MaleLeanLimits": "-70,70",
    "Cleaner_MatchGlasses": true,
    "Cleaner_MonitorPhysique": true,
    "Cleaner_RemoveItemsAge": "T,YA,A",
    "Cleaner_RemoveItemsType": "",
    "Logging_Enabled": true,
    "Pause_on_Zone": true,
    "Population_CleanPhysique": true,
    "Population_MaximumHomeless": 10,
    "Population_OpenHouses": 15,
    "Population_PercentAdult": 25,
    "Population_PercentBaby": 0,
    "Population_PercentChild": 10,
    "Population_PercentMale": 50,
    "Pregnancy_AgeToRun": "A,YA",
    "Pregnancy_AllowAffairs": false,
    "Pregnancy_AutoMarryPercent": 80,
    "Pregnancy_AvgParentPhysique": false,
    "Pregnancy_BypassActiveRomanticInterest": true,
    "Pregnancy_BypassPlayedHouseholds": true,
    "Pregnancy_CanMarryWOPregnancy": false,
    "Pregnancy_EnforceFamily": true,
    "Pregnancy_InsiminateGenders": "M",
    "Pregnancy_MalePregnancy": false,
    "Pregnancy_MaxHouseholdChildren": 3,
    "Pregnancy_MaxOffspring": 3,
    "Pregnancy_MoveFamilies": true,
    "Pregnancy_OffspringGender": "M,F",
    "Pregnancy_PercentAdjustment": -75,
    "Pregnancy_PreferHomeSims": true,
    "Pregnancy_RenameSameGender": false,
    "Pregnancy_SameOppositeSexOnly": "",
    "Pregnancy_UseParentSkinTones": false,
    "Show_Notifications": true

What I meant when I said it only happens once a week was that for me the important stuff happens once a week. That is when the mod marries everybody off, impregnates, and takes over all my empty houses. I didn't like that it gave careers to so many of my Sims who already had careers. That did annoy me. I purposely didn't play those households because I wanted them to be "unplayed" to see what the mod did with them.

Obviously, I need to change some settings.

Suggestions?

I want them marrying, getting pregnant, finding jobs (if they don't have one). I want the marrying and pregnancies to be very slow and a very small percentage.

So basically.....without rambling.....it changed careers for my Sims who already had careers. I need to go into each household to see exactly who was given new jobs. It employed 28 Sims. There were not 28 Sims who were unemployed including the generated ones. So, it changed the careers of some of my unplayed Sims. I thought it would just give jobs to unemployed unplayed Sims?

First up, I have been awake since... um... about 6pm yesterday. Sleep/crash incoming, but I'm putting it off... however it IS catching up. I can't run forever. Any nonsensical stuff please attribute to that. Mkay? :smile:

Settings list makes my eyes glaze over. Just cuz I'm racked. Let me think about it. (I *do* love them, it's just a walloftext right this minute.)

I AM interested in what you find out about who exactly got/changed jobs, when you nail that down. That really doesn't sound like either the EA fix worked, OR the career module worked, or both/neither. I don't know, that is strange.

On the home front (my game), I decided 9 days of YA (short lifespan) was not enough to keep me from freaking dead out, so... I went up to Normal lifespan. Won't affect any rolls really, except I lose one pregnancy cycle.

And deaths will take a little longer, but, that's not a horrid thing either. Haven't seen any issues reported from THAT part.

Wow, I looked up at your alarms... you really got SIX 3 person families in a row??????? Wow.

More soon, this is long enough. I need more Pepsi.
    @egwarhammer all of this was done before yesterday's newest career update. I'm not sure what to do right now. My Sim just made a bunch of new friends. I don't want to start her game over. I just need to find out what was done to the careers and put them back the way I want?

I don't have any families in my game. It's all singles. I think the game decided that "that can't be right...it's off balance" and "fixed" it for me. LOL

First up, here's what I'm running with (after the text, cfg will be the end of the msg). Several changes. Started on Short but I just switched down(?) to Normal lifespan. I haven't changed any of these lately, but I don't think I posted this version here, either.

Checking out a lot of options I'd never used.

I am going to tell Deaderpool about those six families. He said he hardly EVER sees that (because of his settings)... I don't either, not just BOOM in a bunch like that.

Sounds like I may be telling him more than just that, huh? I'd just like to know more. Any exception files? He's already had to update careers twice, so something's up somewhere. And then there's the new EA version of career jollies, I'm waiting to see if it works or not. Jury's out, here.

I do have a career loop in my next alarms, so maybe I should get off here and go run through it and see what it does to a new game. About 55 ... no wait 61 (I changed community lots) sims.

I have a picture for you. Next post. :smiley:

How's that Max Homeless 10 working? How many are actually there? Just curious.

{
    "Cleaner_CleanGhosts": true,
    "Cleaner_FemaleFitLimits": "-80,80",
    "Cleaner_FemaleLeanLimits": "-80,80",
    "Cleaner_ForceAlienDisguise": true,
    "Cleaner_MaleFitLimits": "-80,80",
    "Cleaner_MaleLeanLimits": "-80,80",
    "Cleaner_MatchGlasses": true,
    "Cleaner_MonitorPhysique": true,
    "Cleaner_RemoveItems": true,