March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• thetinfoilgnomethetinfoilgnome Posts: 103 Member
    I think yes. I have mine set to 50, and I've seen an increased number of sims per lot. Recently, EG and I were talking on the forums, and she told me that there's another setting (I forget what it's called), but basically, you click on it and it comes up with various types of venues. You can the go ahead and click no or cancel on any of the venues. I clicked no, then went back in and clicked yes. I'm going to see if that's changed anything. Long story short, before I knew about this second setting, I had max sims in zone at 50, and I think it's working.

Hopefully, that was helpful.
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    Is the max sims in zone thing still working reliably for anyone? In the last several sim days I have tried using (in combination with setting max sims to 200) the MC lot types to increase sims, and turning that off and using Arkeus's ones (without his max sims module as instructed). On one occasion I managed to get 30 sims in a nightclub, but that was the only time I got over 20 sims on a lot + public space. And walkbys are happening even LESS often than when I didn't have either of these mods.

Lot choices and time of day affect those numbers, too. At the park, I see 30 sims (my setting), throughout day/evening hours, at least. At the museum at 2am, I see 10 people. I took Restaurants out of the mix, because of the vanishing employees if it's enabled for that lot.

BTW I've never tried Arkeus's mod.

I'm a little surprised at less walkbys, considering we're supposed to be stalking them for sugar skulls...

I haven't played enough this week to have anything super-intelligent to say.

Tomorrow I hope to change that, after tonight, this work week will finally be OVER! (I'm ready now.)
    I don't mind experimenting, but if someone could explain the second setting to me, that would be awesome. I'm trying to make an FAQ page for MCC (it's on the blog in my signature), and that was one of the things I was hoping to add.
    I don't mind experimenting, but if someone could explain the second setting to me, that would be awesome. I'm trying to make an FAQ page for MCC (it's on the blog in my signature), and that was one of the things I was hoping to add.

I'm here, which settings do you need more on?
    edited October 2016
    So you can quickly go into MC and set a value for max sims per lot. As I've said, I use 50. Then there's another setting for each venue. First, my only option was to say no or cancel. I said no, then went back and said yes. What do these options mean? Does it mean that I'd get see 50 sims every time I go to the gym/pool/spa/library/museum/ect.?

On an unrelated note, I have some "art" for you to preview. I'm packaging it in a folder and trying to figure out if I can just paste the folder into a PM. I have a long way to go when it comes to computer know-how, but you knew that already.
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Even my Weerbesu Faster Sim spawning has stopped working. That used to make all 200 sims arrive and fill the place almost before it had finished loading. I shall remove that now, in case it's interfering
    So you can quickly go into MC and set a value for max sims per lot. As I've said, I use 50. Then there's another setting for each venue. First, my only option were to say no or cancel. I said no, then went back and said yes. What do these options mean? Does it mean that I'd get see 50 sims every time I go to the gym/pool/spa/library/museu/ect.?

On an unrelated note, I have some "art" for you to preview. I'm packaging it in a folder and trying to figure out if I can just paste the folder into a PM. I have a long way to go when it comes to computer know-how, but you knew that already.

No will mean a lot uses EA default settings (20). Yes means the lot will use your 50.

And like I said to @IngeJones it isn't an "every time" thing. Type of lot, time of day, that figures in.

Nightclub (lounge, bar, etc) around 10pm, I'd say 50 could be pretty normal. I haven't tried, though, I've barely scratched traveling around to size-modded lots, since the last update. Work weeks KILL my game time.

About the art, I suggest using TinyPic. Drop it all into an Album there (you can upload 5 files at a time), and send me the album link. That would be easier than sending me all the picture links individually.

@Rowlena_Lauchenbaum here's a link to my September 2016 album there, so you can see what I'm talking about. This one has more pictures than the October effort, so far. ;)

http://tinypic.com/useralbum.php?ua=TChd6DpwTVUpGyHpLuc+ioh4l5k2TGxc
    Why do you have to click "no" before you have the option to click "yes"?

Will the max population setting not apply unless you have clicked "yes"?

That's awesome that it's sensitive to time of day. Love that.

So if I make up a folder with screenshots, is there any way that I can just share the folder with you? Or do I need to use tinypic?
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Nope not working for me. 10pm in bar, about 8 sims inside and about 4 walkbys
    edited October 2016
    Why do you have to click "no" before you have the option to click "yes"?

Will the max population setting not apply unless you have clicked "yes"?

That's awesome that it's sensitive to time of day. Love that.

So if I make up a folder with screenshots, is there any way that I can just share the folder with you? Or do I need to use tinypic?

If you see NO, that means YES is enabled. (I don't love that, but that's how it works.)

(Last version that menu gave me problems... fixed now, AFAIK, something else I haven't had time to check for myself.)

Dropbox or Mediafire... Mediafire has more bells and whistles, allows more storage space, it would be fine for uploading the whole folder to. Forest/trees thing. That'll work fine. Probably easier than Tinypic.

@IngeJones I'd say ask Deaderpool, then. I have no idea, and I need to get to bed.

One more work night. Woo! (Sundays are not usually too brutal, Saturday is a different story.) :p

BBL!

Edit: Easier idea, look in your config file.

"Population_NumAdjustLot": "WBY,GYM,LIB,LOU,MUS,BAR,CAF,CHA,CLU,DAN,PAR,SPA,POL",

If something is listed, it's enabled. The only missing one here is RES, which I removed because of disappeared employees.

And now I'm really outta here. Nite! ;)
    Time to figure out how to use dropbox then :)
  • MS4MS4 Posts: 89 Member
    Hi guys, i want to know if there is a way to obtain a loan with mc or any other mod?
    Thanks!
    edited October 2016
    @MS4
    Sims with charisma level ten can ask friends and acquaintances for small ($500) or large ($2500) loans. There was a mod for an loan system, but it broke and its creator hasn't updated it.

Many people have been asking EA for a banking system that allows sims to take out loans (it would be useful if you wanted to buy a business or restaurant) and to be able to separate their money from, say, their roommate. I personally wish they'd add that. I wonder how hard it would be.
  • PixelPrincezzPixelPrincezz Posts: 321 Member
    @egwarhammer Okay since is not a problem on sharing links to mods I will share it;

The mod's name is "Slower motive decay" and is very good indeed, here's a link:

simscommunity.info/social/resources/slower-motive-decay-mod.206/

That's it, whoever might want this they can get it on the link above ;)
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ― Oscar Wilde
    EA ID: PixelPrincezz
    90dia7ml8p6n.jpg
  • Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »
    ...apart from that I only have a mod to make my sims needs decay slower...

@wickedangell666 Could you please tell me, which particulare mod you use for need/motive decay? I'm looking for that one for ages (I always think of asking @Deaderpool, whether he wants to integrate such a function). There is this Mod at MTS, but it's broken.

@egwarhammer Has somebody ever asked @Deaderpool whether he considers a motive decay tweak in MCCC besides the relationship decay? Perhaps he already gave an answer.

@Bonxie
    Actually, I'm using the mod you linked to, and it's working fine for me. I "think" if I remember correctly, I had to reset the motive decay once (it's been a while). But, I use motive decay 0. One thing it doesn't do, is remove motive decay for households I'm not playing currently. So when I change Sim Households, I just shift-click the mailbox and fill world needs. As long as I play that family, the motives don't decay.
    edited October 2016
    MS4 wrote: »
    Hi guys, i want to know if there is a way to obtain a loan with mc or any other mod?
    Thanks!

MC has Transfer Funds available. It *could* be "mind warped" into "okay, here's a loan" territory, you know? ;) I think it's under Sim Commands, Transfer Funds. Your sim with money just needs to know the target sim, you can access it from the Relpanel.

As of 2.16 (may be 2.15, I just woke up, foggy here), there's a new command for people who don't have Show Sim Menus enabled...

mccc Jane Doe will pop open the MC Sim Menu now. I haven't tried it yet, but it seems like a very useful new command. :)

Edit: with that command, you do not already need to know the sim you want to give money to.
    /edit
    @IngeJones (and anybody else interested), I just put my Sims on Lot back to the default 20. Guinea pig FTW. I'm going to see in the morning if that makes any difference to anything going on in my game. I haven't played a lot this week, but I have seen less walkbys here, too.

Computer locked up at that point. Glad Chrome has that neat "recover pages" feature, it even brought back that part of this message! :) I had to reboot. Bleah.

And then I got tagged for a download.com survey. I don't love the site, so, I took the survey. :smiley:
    So who's done anything with the Day of the Dead stuff?

Probably time of day (4am Wed now), but I have yet to see anybody in the gear. Do they show up everywhere? Are home or community lots best? I've talked to Jasmine, at home. With all 4 family members, actually. Does that matter?

Speaking of Home, I'm off work finally, till 10pm Next Monday, but I'm not having the morning I imagined/planned, exactly. Such is life. Playing a little, switching gears from work > home. Hubby's off today, too. Gone to walmart. LOL!

I would love a clue about this Day of the Dead thing. I'm thinking, send the kids to school, send the pregnant scientist to work on her own, give Terra the day off from Tech Guru (she's got 4 vacay days) and see what I can stir up. Sound legit, anybody?
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member

Probably time of day (4am Wed now), but I have yet to see anybody in the gear. Do they show up everywhere? Are home or community lots best? I've talked to Jasmine, at home. With all 4 family members, actually. Does that matter?

Speaking of Home, I'm off work finally, till 10pm Next Monday, but I'm not having the morning I imagined/planned, exactly. Such is life. Playing a little, switching gears from work > home. Hubby's off today, too. Gone to walmart. LOL!

I would love a clue about this Day of the Dead thing. I'm thinking, send the kids to school, send the pregnant scientist to work on her own, give Terra the day off from Tech Guru (she's got 4 vacay days) and see what I can stir up. Sound legit, anybody?

I see quite a few of the Day of the Dead folk, dressed up - I believe some people are having a bug whereby the DOTD people don't wear the costume and makeup but if you mouse over them they are still labelled as being celebrators, so maybe this is what's going on in your game?

One of the gurus tweeted that they often show up more at dawn and dusk. I see them more on my home lot, or rather strolling around in front of and behind it. You have to wait a bit though, and then usually a handful show up one after the other.
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    Actually, I'm using the mod you linked to, and it's working fine for me. I "think" if I remember correctly, I had to reset the motive decay once (it's been a while). But, I use motive decay 0. One thing it doesn't do, is remove motive decay for households I'm not playing currently. So when I change Sim Households, I just shift-click the mailbox and fill world needs. As long as I play that family, the motives don't decay.

Thanks for the hint. I checked this mod again, and - yeah - reading the instructions could be sometimes very helpful. My bad ;) I never noticed, that you have to set the decay level by command line and that the default level is game standard. Therefore if you change nothing it looks like doing nothing.

I also didn't know the shift click option on the mailbox. This is also very useful. But this seems not to be a part of MCCC itsself. It looks to me like one of those enabled in game debug options, which are visible if you check the "Debug Commands in Cheats" option.

Thank you once again for the very usefull comment.

Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member

Not me. In general I tend to ignore the challenges.

In my part of the world, 'Dia de los Muertos' is almost unknown. I had to look up the meaning in wikipedia first. Same with Halloween, twenty years ago nobody knew anything about it around here (meanwhile it became a hype).

Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.

I see quite a few of the Day of the Dead folk, dressed up - I believe some people are having a bug whereby the DOTD people don't wear the costume and makeup but if you mouse over them they are still labelled as being celebrators, so maybe this is what's going on in your game?

One of the gurus tweeted that they often show up more at dawn and dusk. I see them more on my home lot, or rather strolling around in front of and behind it. You have to wait a bit though, and then usually a handful show up one after the other.

Are they sims you already have, or new sims? I'll assume normal unplayeds, tagged for a Situation, till I see one for myself. It just went 5am, so if dawn is good, I'm at home with my sims, so maybe some will come strolling down the path. We'll see. I had to check something online, so while I'm here, wanted to drop this off, too. :)

Thanks for the tips! :)
  • Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member
    @Bonxie

Oh, and one more thing about that mod. Some activities do reduce motives regardless of the settings. Sometimes, eating and drinking reduces bladder, and woohoo and working on the rocketship WILL reduce hygiene. The rocketship by a lot!.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member

Are they sims you already have, or new sims? I'll assume normal unplayeds, tagged for a Situation, till I see one for myself. It just went 5am, so if dawn is good, I'm at home with my sims, so maybe some will come strolling down the path. We'll see. I had to check something online, so while I'm here, wanted to drop this off, too. :)

Thanks for the tips! :)

Some of them are unplayeds, some of them are my Sims' (previously played) family members now living in other houses. Good luck :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top