March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    YekeSims wrote: »
    Does anyone know how the child support setting on MC command works? How does my Sim receive the money from her daughter's dad?

This is from the mod's Description page, under the Settings in mc_settings.cfg spoiler button:
    Pay_Child_Support_Type Determines if an additional expense will be added to active Household's weekly bill amount for each child they have that does not live on the active lot with them. This includes Teen or less in age. The amount is based on the value of the lot the Sim lives on, just like regular bills. Also, like regular bills, if your Sim has the Frugal trait, they will get a reduction in their child-support amount owed. Valid values are "A"=All, "M"=Married Only, "U"=Unmarried Only or "N"=None. "Married Only" will only cause child support earnings or payments to happen if the parent Sims of the child are married. "Unmarried Only" will only cause child support earnings or payments to happen if the parent Sims of the child are unmarried.
    (Default is N, mine is set on A.)

Whenever your bills land, there'll also be a notification about Child Support, if it applies to the house you're playing. The money just pops in, or out, when you get the Bills are Due notice.

I'm not positive, but I *think* after the bills have run, if you then switch to other houses, any differences (CS owed/paid) would show when you load the house. (I haven't used it much, I haven't had a lot of time to play, this week.)

Chatty off-topic post. The mgr in charge of scheduling was there when I went in last night. She figured out a way to give me those 2nd shift Sundays a month off (barring circumstances... I did tell her I would work 5-10pm if needed, sometimes)... she's using some of my PTO hours for those days... I won't lose my benefits. :)

I've stockpiled over 200 hours of PTO, in my 7 years there (accidentally, I just don't take a lot of time off, usually). It won't take 50 hours to put me off for all those shifts, for the rest of the year (2 a month, I have). I am TICKLED with her solution! :) (Local cop was impressed a while back when I told him I had 140 hours saved... LOL!!)

There was a little bit of a full moon vibe through parts of last night. It isn't time for the full moon. Just enough little weird things happened to feel that way.

Tired, so is Jeffery... we made it through. Three to go! Weekends are more fun than they aren't, though. I do enjoy them. And Monday morning is coming! :smiley: (Starts another LONG week off, with not having to work again till 10pm the NEXT Monday night. I love it!)

What does PTO mean? (I have an excuse for not knowing - I'm a Brit :D ) Is it like overtime? Or maybe the UK equivalent of flexitime?

Paid Time Off. ;)
  • thetinfoilgnomethetinfoilgnome Posts: 103 Member
    Not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but I think there might be an issue with "edit in cas". I notice that if I try to edit another sim's outfit in cas through mc, when I'm done, I have switched to playing them and everyone else disappears on the lot. I've also noticed that this only happens to played sims. I did this on a restaurant lot, so I don't know if it has anything to do with that. I'll make an update if I get to do any more experiments. It's not a big issue; I can edit their outfits from manage worlds and then hop back, just reporting what may be a bug. BTW, I DO have the latest version of mc, and I don't have many other mods. I think that I only have a few other small ones by plasticbox (children can harvest, drink tea, drink a few other drinks). I do have a lot of cc (hair, outfits, a few pieces of art), but could that really be causing this problem?
    CAS is a little weird. As you saw, it's a known bug that if you edit another played sim from your active household, you'll leave CAS as the edited sim instead of the one you had been playing.

Having everybody vanish COULD be tied to the population vs restaurant argument MC is currently having. Deaderpool says he's going to have to see if EA is doing something differently with restaurants because of the AWOL employees problem.

What's your Max Sims in Zone set on? Default is 20, mine is on 25. I actually haven't checked it at default, but I know at 25, taking Restaurants out of the Adjust Sims on Lot setting fixed the employees for me. It *might* help you, too.

In the UI, it's Population > Other Settings > Adjust Sims On Lot > Going Out > Restaurant (to turn it off).

I wish somebody with 20 in the zone setting would test this (removing RES) and see if it makes any difference. It may not, at default the setting isn't supposed to trigger anything. But bugs are funny, so it *could*... I'm curious, but about out of time for much, this morning.

Who wants to be a guinea pig? :D
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but I think there might be an issue with "edit in cas". I notice that if I try to edit another sim's outfit in cas through mc, when I'm done, I have switched to playing them and everyone else disappears on the lot. I've also noticed that this only happens to played sims. I did this on a restaurant lot, so I don't know if it has anything to do with that. I'll make an update if I get to do any more experiments. It's not a big issue; I can edit their outfits from manage worlds and then hop back, just reporting what may be a bug. BTW, I DO have the latest version of mc, and I don't have many other mods. I think that I only have a few other small ones by plasticbox (children can harvest, drink tea, drink a few other drinks). I do have a lot of cc (hair, outfits, a few pieces of art), but could that really be causing this problem?

This used to happen to me when I didn't have MC installed but used the cas.fulleditmode cheat instead (still does) so I'm not sure it's an MC thing?
    Chatty off-topic post. The mgr in charge of scheduling was there when I went in last night. She figured out a way to give me those 2nd shift Sundays a month off (barring circumstances... I did tell her I would work 5-10pm if needed, sometimes)... she's using some of my PTO hours for those days... I won't lose my benefits. :)

I've stockpiled over 200 hours of PTO, in my 7 years there (accidentally, I just don't take a lot of time off, usually). It won't take 50 hours to put me off for all those shifts, for the rest of the year (2 a month, I have). I am TICKLED with her solution! :) (Local cop was impressed a while back when I told him I had 140 hours saved... LOL!!)

There was a little bit of a full moon vibe through parts of last night. It isn't time for the full moon. Just enough little weird things happened to feel that way.

Tired, so is Jeffery... we made it through. Three to go! Weekends are more fun than they aren't, though. I do enjoy them. And Monday morning is coming! :smiley: (Starts another LONG week off, with not having to work again till 10pm the NEXT Monday night. I love it!)

What does PTO mean? (I have an excuse for not knowing - I'm a Brit :D ) Is it like overtime? Or maybe the UK equivalent of flexitime?

Paid Time Off. ;)

Aha! That'll be it...
    I *believe* that the settings are at 50. I'm not sure what you meant about removing RES, do you meant the Dine Out gp?

PS: Hope I didn't overwhelm you with that PM. It was a true wall of text.
    BTW @Rowlena_Lauchenbaum plasticbox has gone MIA, you might want to check comments on your mods/cc files (yeah maybe all of them, but definitely pbox's) to make sure they're still okay.

Sims shouldn't disappear coming out of CAS. I've *never* had that happen here. Any error or exception files?

Anything can cause any file to break. It's LESS likely with package files, but we've seen it happen. Scripts stand a chance of getting hosed with every update EA turns loose.

UI mods, too. That's why weerbesu's UI Cheats mod and Neia's More Clubs per Sims mod have to be updated after every patch, they're VERY code dependent. (Neia told me. :) ) Moreso than scripts, really.

Are you sure that never happens? @loubyloulou just said that it happens to her sometimes using the cas.fulleditmode cheat. Sorry, but I have no idea what error/exception files are. I did know that plasticbox was mia, but I thought that it wasn't such a big deal because the mods I have by him are small. Also not sure what UI/UI mods are, but I don't think that I have any. All of my mods end in PACKAGE or ts4script.

When I get a chance, I'll test out plasticbox's mods just to be sure that they still work.
    I *believe* that the settings are at 50. I'm not sure what you meant about removing RES, do you meant the Dine Out gp?

PS: Hope I didn't overwhelm you with that PM. It was a true wall of text.

No, don't go hacking at your installation. LOL! I mean in the MC UI, go here:

Population > Other Settings > Adjust Sims On Lot > Going Out > Restaurant

And set it so it is NOT part of the list. They're all part of the string, unless you take them out. Here's how that config line looks here, now, it USED to have RES after POL at the end.

"Population_NumAdjustLot": "WBY,GYM,LIB,LOU,MUS,BAR,CAF,CHA,CLU,DAN,PAR,SPA,POL",

If you have 50 in that setting, the lot adjustment having restaurant enabled is DEFINITELY going to cause you issues.

That PM is going to wait till Monday. B) The force (of the wall of text) is STRONG in you, grasshopper! :smiley: I'll dig in when I can sit here and know I don't have to go anywhere or do anything. Work weeks are not good for in depth anything, for me. Off weeks I binge on whatever I *wanted* to get done, while I was doing the work/sleep loop.

rosemow would tell you to take out all your mods and cc, and see what happens then. She'd also tell you to use the 50/50 method to get through checking your cc the quickest way. I'd tell you to save a copy of your game to your desktop, before you do any of that. ;)

Come to think of it, I also have some mods that add custom food to my game (pizza, mini pizza and hot and sour soup). One was by necrodog, and I think that the others were by either plasticbox or icemunmun. Besides that, I think that I have a mod that makes it possible to access the drink fountain if there's food on the party table. Supposedly, there was an error after the Dine Out patch.

If my mods are all working, I'm not going to worry about it. It's not a big deal, I just wanted to report it if it was a bug with mc.
    I didn't realize that. I thought that the 50 value applied to any lot. I'm either confused, missing something, or there's been an update. When I get a chance, I'll look into that. That would make sense though because the restaurant was almost empty besides my group and two other families.
    We'll all be hunting down updates for everything again, anyway, when CL's patch comes out. If you want to hold out till then, I'm not going to argue. ;)

I know changing that one setting will help now, though. If you go to a restaurant and nobody's working there, that setting is why (Restaurants enabled).

I would LIKE to figure out what's causing my build/buy Traceback MC error to pop. That's just weird, it's happening somewhere we don't even USE MC. And why is loading a house throwing a venue error?

Oddly enough, it seems like I haven't changed that setting (from what you said) and all of the workers are showing up to their restaurants. That's never been an issue.
    edited October 2016
    Are you sure that never happens? @loubyloulou just said that it happens to her sometimes using the cas.fulleditmode cheat. Sorry, but I have no idea what error/exception files are. I did know that plasticbox was mia, but I thought that it wasn't such a big deal because the mods I have by him are small. Also not sure what UI/UI mods are, but I don't think that I have any. All of my mods end in PACKAGE or ts4script.

When I get a chance, I'll test out plasticbox's mods just to be sure that they still work.

I seem to remember the "nobody else on the lot" thing happened to me twice (this was in my pre-MC days). I exited the game, did the "repair game" thing, fired the game up and repeated the CAS cheat process - it still made the edited Sim active but this time her family members were all on the lot. So, I dunno what's causing it, is the quick answer I guess - sorry it's happening to you. :/

Edited because I'm apparently not caffeinated enough yet...
    Oddly enough, it seems like I haven't changed that setting (from what you said) and all of the workers are showing up to their restaurants. That's never been an issue.

Interesting... I've been saying my zone setting is 25, and I open my config file to see this...

"Population_MaxSimsInZone": 30,

LOL! I told you I have a terrible memory. I probably did that yesterday when I was changing some other things. :smiley:

Is that where you're talking about having 50? (Just want to make sure we're on the same page.)

Just putting this here for reference, about the other setting to change...

"Population_NumAdjustLot": "WBY,GYM,LIB,LOU,MUS,BAR,CAF,CHA,CLU,DAN,PAR,SPA,POL",

In case of issues.

I had the strangest thought. But maybe since you're not having restaurant problems and you ARE having vanishing sims after CAS issues... is it *possible* you might have some sort of conflict happening, that's "breaking" things differently than what we know is bugged in MC?

It's left field, I know. Just wondered what you'd think. I was testing restaurants because I've seen more than one post about them. I lucked out, with the first thing I tried being the fix/workaround. :)

Bed soon. I did take something about an hour ago, to help me sleep. But I'll definitely check in tonight before work... IF I wake up in time. LOL!!

They're hammering... >.<
    :p
    Re. the nobody on the lot issue, though my restaurants are working fine so far (touch wood) my Sim did get invited to her brother's house to hang out the other day (sometime this week) and when she got there the lot was deserted - no brother, no sister-in-law, no nieces and nephews. I just thought "how rude" and had my Sim go home again (after harvesting all their veggies...), but maybe that's connected?
  • CatrixiahCatrixiah Posts: 78 Member
    Catrixiah wrote: »
    Hi there @egwarhammer, thanks for the info. My laptop is going in for upgrade next week Wednesday so I'll be without my Sims until that weekend :/
    On a strange happening note; one of my Sims had the longest labour in history when the game didn't generate a doctor at hospital to deliver her baby. She stood at the check-in desk for nearly 9 game hours poor thing :o It all finally ended well with a new baby boy in the family.

That IS strange, 9 hours. Do you have any mc log errors, or lastexception files in /Sims4?

Glad it came together for you. Sounds intense.

I didn't handle it well when my laptop was in the shop 4 days, getting a new fan (weekend, and shipping time for the part). I borrowed my kid's tablet, but OMG that was NOT a fun experience for me. I MUCH prefer using both hands to type, rather than a stylus and doing one letter at a time. Jeez. I was happy to still have net access, sure... but it was not the best 4 days I've ever had.

Carpet layers are back, next door... already banging away at it, too. Yay. >.< I will probably take a benadryl before I lay down... it won't matter what noise they make, then, for about 7 hours. :p

I'll have a look later to see if there are any error messages/exception files, not quite finished my work day yet
  • CatrixiahCatrixiah Posts: 78 Member
    @egwarhammer
    Yes there are both "lastCrash" files and "lastException" files there; last crash dated 22/09/16 and last exception dated 06/10/16. I don't have any idea what any of that means, I'm just hoping that the computer upgrade will sort things out and the game will run without too many strange happenings :)
    Re. the nobody on the lot issue, though my restaurants are working fine so far (touch wood) my Sim did get invited to her brother's house to hang out the other day (sometime this week) and when she got there the lot was deserted - no brother, no sister-in-law, no nieces and nephews. I just thought "how rude" and had my Sim go home again (after harvesting all their veggies...), but maybe that's connected?

Good question, one I'm hoping @rosemow can answer for us. I'm wondering if this is a base game issue... seems like I've seen posts about "gone people" on lots you're called to visit, before? Maybe?

Benadryl fuzz, but I SLEPT today, so it's all good. Just a little foggy right now. Caffeine FTW!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,479 Member

Good question, one I'm hoping @rosemow can answer for us. I'm wondering if this is a base game issue... seems like I've seen posts about "gone people" on lots you're called to visit, before? Maybe?

Benadryl fuzz, but I SLEPT today, so it's all good. Just a little foggy right now. Caffeine FTW!

Hello
    The issue with no sims on a lot after being invited there has been occurring in other simmers games also. It happens more though when invited there by NPCs. It happens in simmers that are both cc free as well as in modded games.
    That's interesting. I've played the game both modded and unmodded and this has never happened to me, though honestly, I can't recall being invited to an NPC's house just to hang out. I've seen sims get asked on dates, out to eat, or to parties or bar nights, but not hanging out. Maybe I don't play enough though....???
  • PixelPrincezzPixelPrincezz Posts: 321 Member
    I already use MC Command "Occult" for a while to prevent alien abductions and everything's fine, but I installed today "Woohoo" and "Tuner" modules and I can't access them through the computer I don't know why; The option is there but when I click it nothing happens. Can anyone help me?
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ― Oscar Wilde
    EA ID: PixelPrincezz
    90dia7ml8p6n.jpg
    I already use MC Command "Occult" for a while to prevent alien abductions and everything's fine, but I installed today "Woohoo" and "Tuner" modules and I can't access them through the computer I don't know why; The option is there but when I click it nothing happens. Can anyone help me?

Hi again! :)

Are all of your MC files version 2.16? If you mix 15 and 16 files, things won't work right, if they work at all.

My package files (I haven't downloaded new versions for translations, I still have the first downloads here) for 2.16 are dated 9/17 (woohoo) and 9/30 (mc base)... everything else, all the ts4scripts I mean, are dated 10/1/2016.

Any error messages in your MC log file? /Sims4 LastException files? If you're clicking a MC option and nothing's happening, I'd look for a log error message, at least.

Besides MC, what other mods do you have?
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    The issue with no sims on a lot after being invited there has been occurring in other simmers games also. It happens more though when invited there by NPCs. It happens in simmers that are both cc free as well as in modded games.

Ah, thanks @rosemow and @egwarhammer - good to know it's not MC.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top