March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Catalina posted updates (on 10/4/2016) to some of her drinks mods at MTS... not all flavors, but I did find two I'd been using without knowing they'd been re-updated... I noticed one not working last night, and went digging this morning.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=569384

Here's her local thread, but she didn't post about the new files there...

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/897169/mb-updated-mods-by-catalina-45/p1?new=1
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Wow. That's not even why I started that post. I was going to say, mismatched bars are NOT supposed to happen, the game isn't built to do that, like sims 3 (wasn't it?) could do. No unrequited love, DP has said that before.

That concerns me more than the alien/human thing. That's just cosmetic, IMO. Two second fix. ;)

Mismatched game data seems scarier, to me. Also a 2 second fix, thanks to MC, but I am wondering why it happened in the first place. I didn't have to destroy the relationships first, I just jacked them up to the next to the last friendship choice, and that fixed both "sides" for me.

Ah, okay then. Yep, sounds like a bug... :/ I'll keep an eye out to see if I have anything similar.
    Posting this again for @Ulfric_Grimbrand ... and anybody else having issues. MC 2.16 installed. :) This is faster than finding the original post would be.

2wejoeh.jpg
    edited October 2016
    And here's one of my mods folder from last month (MC 2.15)... same structure, though. Have you tried it like this, @Ulfric_Grimbrand ??

ETA: Now I'm wondering if that 1 might be doing more than I thought... if it's causing MC to load before other CC, maybe that'll help whatever's going on with your files?

1zmkvv6.jpg
  • Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member
    edited October 2016
    I think I just figured it out .... I'm using C:\Users\Me\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\unpackedmod\Ulfric_CC. I bet it's because I'm still using the orginal C:\Users\Me\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\unpackedmod\ configuration. I'll try deleting the unpackedmod folder (after moving my mods), and see if that helps.

LOL and it's kind of strange seeing one of my CC files in someone else's screenshot LOL

And I was typing that as you sent the PM LOL.
    "UG CC" ... that's all you! <3

shhhh other people might want it LOL
    That was my problem .... it's working as intended now ... thank you! <3
  • Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    Hi! I've been thinking about getting a mod to remove the "nicely decorated" and other annoying happy moodlets. I know there are a couple out there, but I wanted to get one that isn't likely to conflict with MC... Is there a particular mod for this that is reccommended?

Best person to ask this is probably @luthienrising . ;)

*waves hi*

http://www4.modthesims.info/download.php?t=544813 I don't think they ever stopped working in my game, but people started saying they did.

I'm trying this right now: http://www4.modthesims.info/download.php?t=579603 I think it's pretty good. It doesn't touch *all* Happy, just certain environment causes and just nudges the effects down a level.

Thank you! I'll take a look at these and give them a try.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I just thought of another question!!

So, i was doing some data collection and found that the trait distribution is really skewed. I'm thinking of taking on the task of editing my sims to the traits are more evenly spread out. I know with MC it includes an option in the sim menu to add/remove traits. Does using this option keep the old trait moodlets from appearing for the sims as compared to using the FullEdit CAS mode? I know there's also a cheat that can be used afterwards to remove moodlet buffs... but i'm just hoping using the sim menu with MC would be a more sure-fire way of doing this without those pesky moodlet issues.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, i was doing some data collection and found that the trait distribution is really skewed. I'm thinking of taking on the task of editing my sims to the traits are more evenly spread out. I know with MC it includes an option in the sim menu to add/remove traits. Does using this option keep the old trait moodlets from appearing for the sims as compared to using the FullEdit CAS mode? I know there's also a cheat that can be used afterwards to remove moodlet buffs... but i'm just hoping using the sim menu with MC would be a more sure-fire way of doing this without those pesky moodlet issues.

Where'd you see that? AFAIK MC doesn't really offer anything for traits EXCEPT for allowing cas.fulledit to be used... which is no guarantee the "old" trait whims won't still show up, sometimes.

And I've had OTHER sims who could NOT remember a changed trait.

Olivia Lewis, sometimes I've tried to change her from goofball to creative, but Eric and Alice would still see Goofball no matter how many times I'd do "get to know", and Olivia would get both goofball AND creative whims. (And yet, "You Rule..." >.< ) (You could roll ALL my OTHER pet peeves about this game into a ball, and it STILL wouldn't touch how much That Slogan irritates me!!!)

UI Cheats would remove BUFFS. But to change a sim's traits, honestly here I've had the most luck with rolling a genetic twin in CASF, giving THAT one whatever traits I wanted, and deleting the original. Now that we can add skills and careers and so on with MC, that's not such a tough hit.

I'm a little confused... little bit sleep deprived, too. (Such is the week off joy, with car trouble added to the usual mix.)

I was thinking about laying down, when hubby called and asked me to bring him the car. So that's trip out number 3 for this morning.

I should go to bed before anything ELSE has a chance to catch my attention. :smiley:

BBL <3

Where'd you see that? AFAIK MC doesn't really offer anything for traits EXCEPT for allowing cas.fulledit to be used... which is no guarantee the "old" trait whims won't still show up, sometimes.

And I've had OTHER sims who could NOT remember a changed trait.

Olivia Lewis, sometimes I've tried to change her from goofball to creative, but Eric and Alice would still see Goofball no matter how many times I'd do "get to know", and Olivia would get both goofball AND creative whims. (And yet, "You Rule..." >.< ) (You could roll ALL my OTHER pet peeves about this game into a ball, and it STILL wouldn't touch how much That Slogan irritates me!!!)

UI Cheats would remove BUFFS. But to change a sim's traits, honestly here I've had the most luck with rolling a genetic twin in CASF, giving THAT one whatever traits I wanted, and deleting the original. Now that we can add skills and careers and so on with MC, that's not such a tough hit.

I'm a little confused... little bit sleep deprived, too. (Such is the week off joy, with car trouble added to the usual mix.)

I was thinking about laying down, when hubby called and asked me to bring him the car. So that's trip out number 3 for this morning.

I should go to bed before anything ELSE has a chance to catch my attention. :smiley:

BBL <3

Oh it's definitely there! When shift-clicking on a sim, under "cheat sim info", there is both and "add trait.." and "remove trait..." option
    OH! Debug stuff. Gotcha. Sweet.

Obviously I'm not experienced with it, but now that you said that, I know what you mean.

I don't *think* it's specifically MC stuff, I think it's game stuff Debug unhides. It's a split hair, I know, a fine point, but that's what confused me... it isn't on the MC menu, but it's on a menu MC enables. Duh. (If you don't get that don't worry about it.)

I'm off to bed. Sense is fast becoming a thing of the past, here.

Where'd last night go? Jeez. Shouldn't be afternoon already.

I'm annoyed that I can't stay up and play with you guys. But later is another story.

I'll be back.
  • TaquandaTaquanda Posts: 212 Member
    Is there a way to fix the stated times when using the relative setting? I wanted to do more on a day but the job times are not correct. (I already saw a mod for the active careers)
    Sorry for any grammar or other mistakes. English is not my native language. :)
    @egwarhammer @Sweet_Italy ,
    Neither of those ways are how I change out traits on a Sim (Doing what I do with the Sims from Get Together however, will break the clubs, then I just CAS edit and change them).

CAS Edit the family. Save to library, remove all but 1 Sims, change traits, and save to library. Load family, and replace the Sim, and remove all but 1 of the Sims (different of course), and change the traits, and save to library. Do this until you have individually each sim. Then load up each Sim 1 at a time, reset relationship, and put into the game. They will now only know what traits the other sims in the family now have. (This is also how I create identical twin, just load the same twin twice, adjust traits if you want, change the first name and set relationship, and there you go, identical twins ....
    Taquanda wrote: »
    Is there a way to fix the stated times when using the relative setting? I wanted to do more on a day but the job times are not correct. (I already saw a mod for the active careers)

That should BE fixed, if you have 2.16.

He changed the Time settings some, too... check out the Change Log at the bottom of the Description Page.
    Neither of those ways are how I change out traits on a Sim (Doing what I do with the Sims from Get Together however, will break the clubs, then I just CAS edit and change them).

CAS Edit the family. Save to library, remove all but 1 Sims, change traits, and save to library. Load family, and replace the Sim, and remove all but 1 of the Sims (different of course), and change the traits, and save to library. Do this until you have individually each sim. Then load up each Sim 1 at a time, reset relationship, and put into the game. They will now only know what traits the other sims in the family now have. (This is also how I create identical twin, just load the same twin twice, adjust traits if you want, change the first name and set relationship, and there you go, identical twins ....

I had thought of this method, but as you said it'll break up the clubs.... Which I guess is easy enough to fix, I can have them re-join later, and if I must, I can have them take over as leader with a few interactions. It's just I have a LOT of sims I want to change.... Hmm, I will have to experiment with MCs options and then decide if I want to use that or this crazy CAS shuffling method.
  • TaquandaTaquanda Posts: 212 Member
    Taquanda wrote: »

That should BE fixed, if you have 2.16.

He changed the Time settings some, too... check out the Change Log at the bottom of the Description Page.

Oh oops, didn't update yet! Thanks.
    Sorry for any grammar or other mistakes. English is not my native language. :)
  • DenimjoDenimjo Posts: 213 Member
    If you have sims flagged for No Age and No Cull in an Ancestral Home, can you mark the lot as Unplayed with no chance of them being randomly moved to another lot? I would like my legacy spares to be eligible for random townie pregnancies but I don't want to risk them disappearing into the sims aether.
    Zl8Iuk9.jpg
    edited October 2016
    Denimjo wrote: »
    If you have sims flagged for No Age and No Cull in an Ancestral Home, can you mark the lot as Unplayed with no chance of them being randomly moved to another lot? I would like my legacy spares to be eligible for random townie pregnancies but I don't want to risk them disappearing into the sims aether.

It won't keep them ALL there (which is how I thought it worked, too, btw...), what it does is keeps the Last One there, basically. Example, Calientes. I moved Don out and flagged the Calientes AH. Dina and Katrina both married AND MOVED OUT, and I was hot on DP's heels over that. Always before the time in question, spouses had moved IN with the girls, so it was a surprise to me when it went down differently, this one time.

Verdict, Nina stayed behind to protect the household flag, when SHE married, they'd live there, as Calientes once the flag worked its move in/name change magic... basically, working as intended.

If your legacy spares do end up sprinkled around the map, there's nothing stopping you from marking more houses as Ancestral. The only limit there is, the mod won't mix sims from different Ancestral homes during alarms, so if they're ALL marked AH... not much is going to happen. LOL!

Any mapped sim is supposed to be safe from culling, whether they're played or unplayed. They will NOT be moved from the map BACK into the bin, ever, by MC.

(Edit, I thought of an exception, IF you have it set to move elders into a retirement home, that DOES put them back into the bin. That's the only one I can think of, though.)

Edit 2: If they're marked for No Cull, I wouldn't worry about them disappearing. I've never lost one yet... but I haven't played the same game for long enough to have culling-triggering numbers, if it DOES sneak by somehow. Which I seriously doubt happening. DP knows his stuff. :)

Does this help? Still waking up, here.

There are details on Ancestral Households on MC's Description Page, in the MC Population subsection (Under a Spoiler button).
    Post edited by egwarhammer on

I had thought of this method, but as you said it'll break up the clubs.... Which I guess is easy enough to fix, I can have them re-join later, and if I must, I can have them take over as leader with a few interactions. It's just I have a LOT of sims I want to change.... Hmm, I will have to experiment with MCs options and then decide if I want to use that or this crazy CAS shuffling method.

Taking over clubs... I really gotta try that. Sounds cool.

Keep us posted on your reorganize project, I'm very interested!! ;)
    One note, the person who saw culling hasn't updated to 2.16 yet, they had 2.12 in still. O.o

So I expect that to be fixed with a redownload/reinstall. Cancel the Yellow Alert. ;)
    I KNEW there was something else!! :p

I answered a question in another thread, and posted a zipped copy of 2.16's DEFAULT settings to do it... (useful for comparisons)

Here's the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ow0nbyh1lwfv9oy/216 mc_settings.zip?dl=0
  • mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    I know that there is a setting to slow the rate at which you lose relationships, but is there a setting to slow the gaining of relationships as well? Making it harder to make friends? Forgive me if the answer is obvious, I'm not at home and can't check myself :)
  • MistyLakeMistyLake Posts: 1,700 Member
    @egwarhammer Hey there. Remember when you told me that i don't need to use another mod to keep my sims from getting fat/slim. That MCCC CAS is similar?
    If i add that module, what do i have to do and what settings to use so that my sims won't get muscular and won't get fat no matter what they do and what they eat?

Thank you! :)<3
    "By Grabthar's Hammer! Let There Be Sims!"
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top