Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    @MadameLee wow! Are you and your friend going to turn the legacy into a film? That's so cool! I can certainly imagine this as a drama! :) I really liked the different styles you explored. I personally loved Swan's dress (I think that's her name - last name at least) I really love the patchy dress. I've even used that dress on one of my sims. I also love the military uniform you have for Henry and the other soldiers. Is that cc? I like Jane's outfit, it's very flattering on her.

@everyone do you have a favourite sims 4 costume that you use on your sims? I notice I use the cardigan a lot. It's the one that Henry, my avi, is wearing.

Not really. Maybe one of Claude's?

So, another question:

Have any of you used the controlling-pets mod for your story(ies) or do you let them do their thing and then write around?

Hi @Bugsie2016 :) Hope you had a good sleep. I don't really play with pets, but King Alex, the other protagonist in my story, Friends of Foes, has a pet dog named Loki who I let just roam around and do his own thing. Mostly he runs away from Alex, but I mentioned this before. :D What do you like to do with your pets? Do you let them roam around or do you use the controlling-pets mod?
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    edited January 2018
    @MadameLee wow! Are you and your friend going to turn the legacy into a film? That's so cool! I can certainly imagine this as a drama! :) I really liked the different styles you explored. I personally loved Swan's dress (I think that's her name - last name at least) I really love the patchy dress. I've even used that dress on one of my sims. I also love the military uniform you have for Henry and the other soldiers. Is that cc? I like Jane's outfit, it's very flattering on her.

@everyone do you have a favourite sims 4 costume that you use on your sims? I notice I use the cardigan a lot. It's the one that Henry, my avi, is wearing.

So, another question:

Have any of you used the controlling-pets mod for your story(ies) or do you let them do their thing and then write around?

Hi @Bugsie2016 :) Hope you had a good sleep. I don't really play with pets, but King Alex, the other protagonist in my story, Friends of Foes, has a pet dog named Loki who I let just roam around and do his own thing. Mostly he runs away from Alex, but I mentioned this before. :D What do you like to do with your pets? Do you let them roam around or do you use the controlling-pets mod?

I use the control pet mod. Mostly so I can use UI Extensions to fill their needs. :joy: Those 2 are a life saver when your sims are busy with pictures. No need to waste time. (I also use it to check whether it's a sick pet or a pet that's hungry 'cause it shows in their need bar. :lol: )
  • Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    Sorry to bring back the old topic, I just had several tips for someone who can't just join the conversation and too afraid to break the conversation!

Use, sorry first, just like what I did, see? It won't make people mad if you say sorry first, no? Just me? I mean, sorry!

Also, the themed conversation, made by @CathyTea, is also a great way to join the conversation.

Like, today is Game Tip Tuesday. So here are my tips.

If you have clubs, Rally the Troops is a good way to get your sims in high moods.
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    AkramA wrote: »
    Sorry to bring back the old topic, I just had several tips for someone who can't just join the conversation and too afraid to break the conversation!

Use, sorry first, just like what I did, see? It won't make people mad if you say sorry first, no? Just me? I mean, sorry!

Also, the themed conversation, made by @CathyTea, is also a great way to join the conversation.

If you have clubs, Rally the Troops is a good way to get your sims in high moods.

I didn't know that. Thanks @AkramA I'll test that later!
  • Options

Wait, there's a mod that let you control pets? I didn't know that. I'm a control freak so I have to control every sims in my games (except the npc) including the pets. That's definitely a gotta have mod for me.
  • Options
  • Options
    @Bugsie2016 oh wow, I'd actually forgot that you could do that. Thanks.
    @AkramA yes I agree, having themes to a conversation is a great way for encouraging people to participate in conversations. Also, there can be more than one conversation happening at the same time. I have noticed that happens sometimes on the thread. The way the comment system works actually allows for it. So don't be afraid to start up another conversation when one is already going, or, like what I do sometimes, participate in more than one conversation. Well, that's just my opinion, anyway. :D
  • Options
    AkramA wrote: »

I didn't know that. Thanks @AkramA I'll test that later!

It almost feels like a cheat, it will raise almost every bar in your sims mood. I guess it's kind of cheating.
  • Options
    Oh sweet, thanks @Bugsie2016 I was just about to ask that too. :D
  • Options
    BubblebruiseBubblebruise Posts: 25 Member
    > @simscognito said:
    > Hi @Bubblebruise what sort of Furry is she? Maybe she has some characteristics of the animal she kind of echoes?

Oh my! I hadn't even thought about that. I might have to do some research today, I didn't realise there were different types of Furrys. Thanks!
  • Options
    @Bubblebruise no problem! Good luck with your character creation! She sounds like a fun idea! :blush:
  • Options
    DeiraShadeweaverDeiraShadeweaver Posts: 647 Member
    @Bubblebruise since Furries are mostly an online subculture, there is plenty of info everywhere. If you want to ask someone, I'm always open - I have been part of the Furry Community for years, I've visited conventions (as Artist, mostly, to sell my work) and have been part of various forums and chat communities. I'm not very much into it anymore, but I still have my connections, in case I manage to get back into art. There is a lot of money to be made by drawing weird animal people.
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    This gives a whole new meaning to the word "clingy".

39593674551_a6afc75845_b.jpg
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    @CathyTea Ooh, music conversation! Sometimes when I'm playing, a little piece of my mind will say, "Hey, this kind of reminds me of this one thing from this one story!" And then I might go listen to that song on repeat while I'm writing a chapter.
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Good morning!

Phoenix makes an unexpected alliance with someone in school. Enjoy!

http://www.jes2gstories.com/joneses-15-6-alliance/
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    This gives a whole new meaning to the word "clingy".

39593674551_a6afc75845_b.jpg

HA! Whoa...
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Hello! Snapdragon and Chelsey are looking to find the truth (in the latest update for my legacy challenge)
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

So, another question:

I let them run around and write around them. It's really fun! In Puppy Love, I have one controllable Sim, Lucas Munch, and six dogs, one cat, and seven ghosts ! It's remarkably harmonious , except for when someone eats out of the special pet bowl !
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member

So, another question:

@Bugsie2016 It was the first thing I downloaded when I installed pets. Especially when taking pictures it would be unbearable to me to not have some control over them.
  • Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    @CathyTea Ahh another person who likes the classics! :) Me too! In fact, I was known in my early years to only like the music in minor key! - I was a bit miserable that way. :D
    Oh wow, I can imagine you play with lots of emotion. That's quite special and it's something you can't train for, you just have to feel it. I have been playing the piano a lot lately with my eyes closed, because I find it helps me to think about things more clearly (I use the piano to do a lot of my thinking - I know, it probably sounds weird) :D Do you do a lot of your thinking when playing? Sorry, I'm asking too many questions about music. It's rare to find someone as passionate about it as you are. :D

Oh, yes. I always use music for thinking! :)

With cello, I'll often review the screenshots for my next chapter I'm going to draft--a corner of my mind weaves the story while I play! And with piano, if I've got something troubling me, then playing always brings the insights I need! Lately, with piano, I've gotten swept up into the music, so thoughts stop and the music carries me along--I just love that sensation, don't you?

We should include @Pegasus143 in our conversation, too, for she's a passionate musician! As is @Meggles who hasn't been around lately--but you might know her on Twitter!

How about the rest of you? What non-writing activities (playing music, doing yoga, washing dishes, walking, riding bikes, and so on) do you use to activate your creativity and help you work out your stories?
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    @CathyTea Ooh, music conversation! Sometimes when I'm playing, a little piece of my mind will say, "Hey, this kind of reminds me of this one thing from this one story!" And then I might go listen to that song on repeat while I'm writing a chapter.

*hears her name* HI @simscognito ! When I write (I've been too busy lately :cry: - ALSO I haven't played Sims in a week and a half!) I usually listen to something I'm really familiar with like Holst's The Planets or Carmina Burana! Even when I'm not listening to something I have music in my head and it just won't go away, lol.

Today I'm listening to Carmina Burana (coincidentally) because we're starting it in rehearsal tonight! I'm so excited because it's so fun to sing. :3
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

noel wears a leather jacket. i know it cliche because he grew up poor but its the inside that matters not the clothes.
  • Options
    BubblebruiseBubblebruise Posts: 25 Member
    [quote="DeiraShadeweaver;c-16254099"]@Bubblebruise since Furries are mostly an online subculture, there is plenty of info everywhere. If you want to ask someone, I'm always open - I have been part of the Furry Community for years, I've visited conventions (as Artist, mostly, to sell my work) and have been part of various forums and chat communities. I'm not very much into it anymore, but I still have my connections, in case I manage to get back into art. There is a lot of money to be made by drawing weird animal people.[/quote]

I found some info but it was all pretty vague stuff. I need to spend some more time researching. In your experience how do people choose what animal to dress as? Is it consistent or will they adopt many different animal facets? I hope im not coming across as insensitive in any way. I have a very curious mind and am fascinated by people and their life experiences.
  • Options
    So, speaking of our themed conversations for today:

Anyone else have any cool game tips?

My favourite 'game tip' would definitely be the cheat that brings my sims back! (I have a very badly illustrated tutorial somewhere on my BL blog! :lol: )
  • Options
    @Meggles Ahh I agree that song is fun. That's great your enjoying singing it. Yes, I have that too, the music in your head thing. :D It can help influence the mood and emotion of a piece of writing.
    @Bugsie2016 I'm not very good with game tips, but I'll give it my best shot. :D Don't set the fireworks off inside the house, because the place will catch fire... okay, that wasn't me being helpful. I'll start again. Raising big families on the sims can be quite a challenge without cheats. What I find helpful is to have a routine with your sims, like daily schedule in real life, getting up at a certain time, making meals at a certain time (since the sims have regular work schedules), working on homework at a certain time. Of course these schedules can be flexible (they have to be when babies are involved.) :D But I've found having at least a basic outline really helps.
    How about you all? Do you have any tips for raising large families without cheats?
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    So, speaking of our themed conversations for today:

Anyone else have any cool game tips?

This is probably so obvious and everybody knows about it, but if you have Get Together, the clubs system is amazing for story purposes. You can have sims spend the night at your house, or you can spend the night at their house, and you can get sims you don't control to do what you want them to (in my alien adoption challenge it's how I've been getting my non-controllable characters to play musical instruments).
    I don't remember how to change my signature.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top