Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    ParadoxSimsParadoxSims Posts: 90 Member
    > @simscognito said:
    > @ParadoxSims just read the first chapter of your story. You said you wanted feedback. So far I've not found any issues with it. It's very clear in its direction. Everything's set up really nicely. I also like the university student tone this story's going for.

Thank you so much for the feedback! I am hoping to pop "episodes" out here and there.
    Unsure myself how to do spoilers, but yes I think Audrey is so pretty. The story originally was going to be focused more around her,
    but then I changed it to mostly be about James story. I think each season or mid season I want to shift around and tell the story more so from other characters perspectives. I already know where I want a few to go.
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Happy Friday all! Here's the next chapter of my legacy - Chelsey is off to investigate with Draco, but she has to tell somebody else first.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    matthewrodneymatthewrodney Posts: 150 Member
    Happy New Year from the Pax Family!

1-14-header.jpg?w=574&h=315
    pax_link.jpg?w=680
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Happy birthday, @cully_c ! Hope your year is full of inspiration and joy!

cully_c.png

Happy birthday, @cully_c! Hope you have a wonderful day!
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    *waves* Hi everyone. Happy belated New Year!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Jes2G wrote: »
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Jes2G wrote: »
    Karilan wrote: »
    I have a question for you guys!

When I changed my signature yesterday I realized how much my writing has been from a male perspective lately, which is something I previously stated was a huge challenge for me. While I still find it difficult, I think I have improved slightly!

Is there any particular style of writing you think you've improved in during 2017?

I learned how to stick with one POV per chapter and not hop between all the character's heads. And when it is utterly important to hear from someone else in the same chapter, I make it obvious that there is a change.

I love your stories even if they do switch POV. Although, it's probably a good thing to learn. :)

Why thank you! Yes, I'm always learning new things about writing...and trying them out on you guys lol.

You're welcome! :smiley:
  • Options
    When you realise that Claude (and Riley, obviously) is distantly related to your apocalypse story's protagonists's baby....... Anyone's mind blown?

Spoiler's for both BL and WAWRMO (if you've read both then you're okay). :)
    Claude's Uncle from Maria, Max, is Addy's Uncle through marriage via his Aunt Amy. They share a cousin. :) Amy's daughter.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Ok sorry for posting so much but I have a chapter for all of you. It actually posted earlier but I was out (rescheduling this morning obviously failed *sigh* )

(Side Note: This was one of my favourite chapters to write. I love it! )

Claude comforts his friend in...
    Chapter 3.15
    2PYqbqjl.png
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    @chalicen I absolutely adored your A2A fanart (and the Evelyn one you sent today too :heart:) We are always our own worst critics. But everyone I showed it to thought it was amazing! (In fact, would you mind if I printed it out to hang up in my office? Is that weird? Lol)

snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Xylorta-XVXylorta-XV Posts: 234 Member
    Good morning. I've been trying to write my monthly entry for a couple of hours now and everything sounds... too bland. Or too flowery. Or just, ugh.
    So I'm giving up for today. But there's always tomorrow.

Anyway, how are y'all?
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    So excited to get back into my Pine Point story after nearly 2 months hiatus! Book 2 picked up today. :)

3g0yDPB.png
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    chalicen wrote: »
    @Karilan Thanks! If you want to see my most recent picture it's on Citizen's A2A thread, or here https://wintersalchemy.files.wordpress.com/2018/01/a2a.jpg (It's A2A fanart xD)

LOVE this! @chalicen you are too fantastic <3

Happy Birthday @cully_c !

@Xylorta-XV I think we all have days like that unfortunately :( You're right though, tomorrow is another opportunity!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    simlit-celebrations-and-discussion.png?w=474&h=451

January's SimLit Celebrations is here. Come check out the post and nominate your favorites for this month's category of Fresh Starts and New Beginnings,

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    PurplishSimEaterPurplishSimEater Posts: 563 Member
    It looks like my plans to get through Gen 1 of my legacy before I head back to college are shot.
    Long story short, I made a deal with my parents that I'd take Origin off my laptop so it'd be exclusively for school use. Fine, whatever, I need the good grades anyway. Backed up my laptop on an external hard drive and transferred my game files to a flash drive with the intention to transfer the save files to the desktop PC that's a good bit older (eight years to my laptop's year and a half) but still had Origin on it so I could play over winter break.

Christmas Eve, a whole bunch of pixels on my laptop screen died, and the university bookstore I bought it from didn't reopen until Tuesday this week. The soonest I could turn in my laptop for repair was Wednesday, so I did. Between the breaking and the turn-in, my laptop was still my primary computer since its screen was still mostly functional.

Wednesday night I went to boot up the desktop and discovered the graphics card died at a point unknown to anyone in the house, since my mom has her own laptop for work and my brother has a laptop at school, meaning the desktop is rarely used. Not sure how much repair services plus a replacement graphics card would be, nor do I know if it'd be worth fixing the desktop at this point given how old it is.

To be honest, I'm more upset about the desktop not working since I have all of my TS3 files on it and I don't believe it was ever backed up. Oh well. You win this time, tech.
    Works in Progress: Fitzgerald Family Fables
    House: Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie | Wand: 12 1/4", Spruce & Phoenix Feather, Hard flexibility | Patronus: Black & White Cat
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Aww @PurplishSimEater that must be so frustrating for you. :( Let's hope you and the laptop can come to some agreement. *Hugs*
  • Options
    @simscognito Thanks. It's just irritating as heck because it means constant borrowing of my mom's laptop until mine comes back from the shop.
    House: Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie | Wand: 12 1/4", Spruce & Phoenix Feather, Hard flexibility | Patronus: Black & White Cat
  • Options
    @PurplishSimEater aww that is irritating. Particularly if you have a busy mum. I do hope your computer's going to be ok. :/
  • Options
    @simscognito Me too - at least it's backed up.
  • Options
    Hey everyone! How are you all doing? (I felt I should probably say hi at some point. :lol: )
  • Options
    Hi @Bugsie2016 I'm good. Just editing the latest chapter, which I'm releasing later today. (This one's going to be a long one) :D How are you?
  • Options
    BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member
    Hi Bugsie! Hope you're doing well, I'm good too xD

Here to share an update on Winter's Alchemy, chapter 2.8 Undeniable, in which someone does something they should have done a long time ago.
    https://wintersalchemy.wordpress.com/2018/01/06/2-8-undeniable/
    Thanks everyone :)
  • Options
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Hey everyone! How are you all doing? (I felt I should probably say hi at some point. :lol: )

I'm kind of exhausted. Even though this was a shorter work week than usual for me because of new years day, it felt pretty long. Looking forward to a restful weekend!

What are you working on today?
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    weird i could copy the lnk but it ddn't post. fixed now.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    q lot of people wonder why after 3 yrs . yes its been 3 . i don't give up.

lauren rolled a whim to do a powersculpting workout so i click her and selected the option. apaently she decied cleaning her tub was easier. you don't get moments like that by giving up.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top