Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,774 Member
    chocis wrote: »
    It’s Inspiration Wendsday in my time zone and, in the first part of my post, I’d like to ask about pre-made Sims. Do you use them at all in your story and if so in what capacity? Have they ever became main characters? Have they given you any ideas for storylines, for example by their personalities, styles or something they’ve done? Do you think it’s weird?

I entered the game with the general idea in mind and backstory ( well, the profile I was talking about earlier), but wanted to play through the plot first, to fill in some gaps. I controlled my sim for the most part, but observed her reaction to other sims, events etc. She quickly developed a friendship with Penny Pizzazz. It was autonomous, really, but I really liked them together and didn’t even realize Penny was a pre-made, because I’ve never even watched the trailer for City Living. By the time I caught that, Penny grew on me and was already second to protagonist character. So, even though my story is mostly plot-driven, the game-driven antic became an integral part of it. ( And one my Reading Cycle paid most attention to, I think). I took her traits and job into consideration, but developed her in a way that suits the story.

Now, the second part where I share my update. I don’t normally do that, but it’s not a regular chapter. More like an interlude that I think can be read without the previous ( impressive 5) chapters ( but is integral to the story itself). Maybe someone’s interested in a different way to develop Penny. There is mild profanity and talk of addictions. I’m experimenting a lot in this chapter, so feedback will be appreciated.

Thoughts for Penny

does that count their descendants? If it does Alexander Goth became the husband of Molly sim my first "Cinderella" figure and Great-Great uncle to Selene&her twin sister, the Landgraab's grandson from a daughter which was born after I started is the great-grandfather of Selene.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    It’s Inspiration Wendsday in my time zone and, in the first part of my post, I’d like to ask about pre-made Sims. Do you use them at all in your story and if so in what capacity? Have they ever became main characters? Have they given you any ideas for storylines, for example by their personalities, styles or something they’ve done? Do you think it’s weird?

I entered the game with the general idea in mind and backstory ( well, the profile I was talking about earlier), but wanted to play through the plot first, to fill in some gaps. I controlled my sim for the most part, but observed her reaction to other sims, events etc. She quickly developed a friendship with Penny Pizzazz. It was autonomous, really, but I really liked them together and didn’t even realize Penny was a pre-made, because I’ve never even watched the trailer for City Living. By the time I caught that, Penny grew on me and was already second to protagonist character. So, even though my story is mostly plot-driven, the game-driven antic became an integral part of it. ( And one my Reading Cycle paid most attention to, I think). I took her traits and job into consideration, but developed her in a way that suits the story.

Now, the second part where I share my update. I don’t normally do that, but it’s not a regular chapter. More like an interlude that I think can be read without the previous ( impressive 5) chapters ( but is integral to the story itself). Maybe someone’s interested in a different way to develop Penny. There is mild profanity and talk of addictions. I’m experimenting a lot in this chapter, so feedback will be appreciated.

Thoughts for Penny

in my last attempt of the benders christine was a premade who did ayden.it wasn't her fault though ayden was mad and forgot to tell her something important.
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member

I've used the Goth's in Ironbound as supporting characters, they have speaking roles and I kind of play on the whole Bella disappearance thing.

In My Life As A Zombie, I have turned most pre-makes into Zombies which just roam the streets. I changed one of their traits to Insane so they could tell themselves stories, which works really well as an action shot of a zombie lurching forward if you time it just right!

Other than that, I tend to leave them as background fodder or delete them entirely.
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    oh munter came out of hiding.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    edited May 2017

in my last attempt of the benders christine was a premade who did ayden.it wasn't her fault though ayden was mad and forgot to tell her something important.

Christine is a Townie, isn't she? She doesn't appear in my game... and premades appear in everyone's game. They ship with the game, like the Goths and Landgraabs.

I was thinking Christine was a game-generated Townie, not a premade. That's why you couldn't find her second-time-around, and Munterbacon was nice and made her for you.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,774 Member
    @CathyTea new chapter's up
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

I've used the Goth's in Ironbound as supporting characters, they have speaking roles and I kind of play on the whole Bella disappearance thing.

In My Life As A Zombie, I have turned most pre-makes into Zombies which just roam the streets. I changed one of their traits to Insane so they could tell themselves stories, which works really well as an action shot of a zombie lurching forward if you time it just right!

Other than that, I tend to leave them as background fodder or delete them entirely.

Hey! And I just mentioned you without even knowing you were here! Howzlife? Howztheothergamez?

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    CathyTea wrote: »

Christine is a Townie, isn't she? She doesn't appear in my game... and premades appear in everyone's game. They ship with the game, like the Goths and Landgraabs.

I was thinking Christine was a game-generated Townie, not a premade. That's why you couldn't find her second-time-around, and Munterbacon was nice and made her for you.

i made christine this time he made aubree for me . i still have her i count christine as a pre made because she never left the lot.
  • Options

how is getting married a accident? i knew i forgot to ask you something. i was nervous about my inspection.
  • Options
    purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member

For the base game pre-mades, I never actually had a chance to use them because the challenge I play specifically requires you begin with a blank save. So my Willow Creek and Oasis Springs were completely empty when I began. No Goths, no Pancakes, etc.

However, when it comes to the worlds added with expansions and game packs, I've never actually gone in and cleared them out, so I still have all the Get Together, City Living, and Vampires pre-mades. One of my Sims ended up making friends with Lucas Munch, the little blond boy who's in the garden club in Get Together. When I first saw the garden club all assembled, I saw Bjorn (the blond pre-made Sim who runs it) and assumed he must have been Lucas's father, so I wrote him that way...until I realized that Lucas actually lived with a single mom and older brother, and Bjorn wasn't related to him at all. Oops...of course, by the time I realized this I had already written Bjorn as Lucas's over-sheltering dad who thought Daisy was a bad influence for several posts, so I had to come up with some reason why Bjorn would have been so upset about an unrelated child playing with VoidCritters. So, yes, Lucas is now a main character-though I haven't gotten to his and Daisy's new house yet.

I've also grown rather attached to Vladislaus, the pre-made vampire. I don't typically play too much with supernatural Sims, but after I installed the pack he was making his rounds and he ended up on a lot with a toddler. This same toddler had more nightmares than most other toddlers in my game, so after the parents went to bed and Vlad was still hanging around the house, she woke up and started babbling away to Vlad in the living room. He showed up several more times, mostly on nights where the monster under her bed woke her up, so I like to think that to her he was what made the monsters go away rather than being one of the monsters himself. She's a teen now, and I'm really not sure where that one is going to go from here. I've got awhile before I get back to that house to figure it out, though.
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    @purplestarz2006 Aww, that story with Vlad is adorable! Your way of incorporating game events (and mistakes) into your story sounds really similar to what I do.
  • Options

i made christine this time he made aubree for me . i still have her i count christine as a pre made because she never left the lot.

OOOH! Aubree! How could I have forgotten! Oh, man! I miss Aubree! Do you think you'll include her this time? And how long before she comes around--that's the next generation, right? Gen 3?

• Options
    @chocis 's premade question:

Do you use them at all in your story and if so in what capacity? Have they ever became main characters? Have they given you any ideas for storylines, for example by their personalities, styles or something they’ve done? Do you think it’s weird?

My approach is a lot like yours, @chocis -- if they happen to become friends with my Sims or show up on community lots in significant ways, then I'll use them.

In my current stories, Vampire Code is a continuation of my post-legacy save, so the premades are long-gone, and I didn't use MCCC until after the legacy was complete, so there aren't even any descendants around.

In my pen pal project save, Bjorn is one of Jasper's best friends. I think that's the only premade that's made much of an appearance there.

In My Digital Life, premades play a significant role: Salim is the narrator's best friend and neighbor; Geeta is a good friend; and the Vatores both died spectacularly and even made Grim cry.

I've got a possible rotation for City Tales that would feature Don--not sure if I'll get back to it, but I've been thinking about it lately. MCCC married him to a beautiful, down-to-earth artist--and he's also romantically involved with their landlady--so it could be kinda fun.

I use Townies (game-generated Sims) way more than I use premades. In fact, they tend to have central roles in nearly every story I've got. It just happens because they become friends with my Sims or I fall in love with them because of their unique appearance or particular combination of traits. I think Townies are awesome.

• Options
    peatockpeatock Posts: 139 Member

aaha, i love this question. :,D partly because i get to lament that marcus flex became completely invaluable to my legacy way back in generation one, by complete chance. (i swear, my founder fell for a noncommittal sim as his primary spouse just to mess with me.) a couple of other maxis-made sims have snuck into my legacy too, but generally in less dramatic ways. ^^;

as for whether i think it's weird... i think for me it depends on how well they're worked into the ongoing story? :) i know @Thymeless used the fyres in their current build newcrest challenge and i really enjoyed how that was done! so it doesn't really throw me out of a story automatically, for sure - though i think i can be tougher on myself than others, since i tend to try to let them be in my own games. this also might depend on the story, for me - like, it's believable enough for me that they'd show up in legacy challenges, i think, since those tend to feel very much like an "in-universe" sim story. does that make sense? haha.
    0Ims83x.png
    The Velasco Legacy: Generation Six on wordpress & on the forums!
  • Options

OOOH! Aubree! How could I have forgotten! Oh, man! I miss Aubree! Do you think you'll include her this time? And how long before she comes around--that's the next generation, right? Gen 3?

shes still in my library. so yes. plus wen i went to download her in munters library he had wrote something like for a friend who was doing a legacy and lost her entire library. that makes her special.

he left out the part where i harrassed him for 2 and a half days.
  • Options
    Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    It's afternoon where I am! Now onto the question on premades!

Good question! If any of my main characters becomes friends with them or marries them, then I'll use them. The pre-mades are usually supporting characters in my stories

In my legacy, my legacy founder, Felicia, married Joaquin Le Chien and together, they made beautiful children! :blush:

In my first attempt of the Drifter Challenge, my founder, Yvette, marries Paolo Rocca and in the first attempt, they had a beautiful son. I have plans to restart the challenge since I finally got Outdoor Retreat and TS4 has toddlers.

In my city story, Madness in San Myshuno, Don Lothario and Zoe Patel are food stand vendors, so they made appearances whenever my Sims grab a bite to eat at the food stands. Penny Pizzazz is the source to everything San Myshuno, so when she makes an appearance, my Sims usually tell her the latest scoop around the city.

In my Master Vampire Challenge, the Vatores and Vlad play a big role in my vampire Sim, Nate's, life. They're Nate's mentors and soon-to-be vampire friends.
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • Options
    ThymelessThymeless Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited May 2017
    @peatock I'm so happy you liked the way the Fyres decided to join my story! :smiley: I had a lot of fun with them.

Do you use them at all in your story and if so in what capacity? Have they ever became main characters? Have they given you any ideas for storylines, for example by their personalities, styles or something they’ve done? Do you think it’s weird?

Honestly, they've become pretty central to a couple of my stories - my Ambrosia in particular. Claude (my first heir) is friends with Lucas and Elsa, and his dad is Don Lothario!

Don deserves a section all on his own however. He's become something I never planned on - when he snuck into the story, I was like 'huh, he won't stay around long' but now he's one of my main characters! I actually like him, which is a really bizarre thing that I never thought I'd say =p He's also... well, a vampire. Whoops? Plus Vlad is an absolute git in my story, so he's causing all kinds of shenanigans. Luckily Caleb and Lilith haven't decided to go all sunburnt yet.
    Post edited by Thymeless on
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    Sci-fi/Fantasy Lover | Taurus
    House: Hufflepuff/Pukwudgie
    The Centauri Legacy | Can You Hear the Violins? | Drifting with Nifflers
    Reading Circles: Reader's Nook
  • Options
    MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    edited May 2017

I've changed them to fit my story into a more... historical outfit and use them. Don't think the story would be possible without the extent of their participation which of course includes their personality. They're not really main characters but come really close to it.
    So sure some of them can make stunning main characters ;)
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    oh munter came out of hiding.

Hiya! :blush:

Hey! And I just mentioned you without even knowing you were here! Howzlife? Howztheothergamez?

I must've felt my ears burning! ;) I'm good, work is starting to settle down a little bit and hopefully that means time for writing.
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @chocis: My answer of pre-mades might be long and personal, so I'll save it for later today. I have a few more hours of Wednesday than you do right now. :p
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Happy Timezones! Axel finds a great way to kill his appetite.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    edited May 2017

I use them.

I use them a lot. Pretty sure that they're all I ever use for storytelling purposes.

(I'd give a more in-depth answer, but I'm not really physically or mentally capable of doing that right now)
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    Hi there! Man, I have had a busy few months. Concerts, feeling tired all the time, distractions... There have been afternoons where I get home from work and nothing seems interesting. :( I've been playing Pokemon Moon on and off and last month (or was it two months ago?) I started the Murkland Challenge. I'm hardly made any headway there but it was a fun sim boost for me. After tomorrow night I'll be done with heavy musical obligations until fall! :#

When I popped in this morning to check notifications I first saw @peatock 's message about the upcoming gamepack and to answer your question I am STOKED for all the stuff that'll come with it! It makes me want to go back into my legacy/newcrest and update. I REALLY want to keep the family going but my CC is causing me grief. I think I'll consider only having some CAS CC and gameplay mods. Also, my laptop is getting bogged down and I wonder how a new computer would boost things...

As far as the forums go, I like reading but I've been so far behind that I don't feel comfy replying. I think I needed to get away, though, because I was reading everything. I'm all in or nothing! I wanted to reply to the It's Done! thread about my toddlers but I didn't get back in time. Oh well. Maybe the next time I finish something, ha ha ha... ;)

Anyway, sorry for being a stranger. I love you guys! <3<3
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    Meggles wrote: »
    Hi there! Man, I have had a busy few months. Concerts, feeling tired all the time, distractions... There have been afternoons where I get home from work and nothing seems interesting. :( I've been playing Pokemon Moon on and off and last month (or was it two months ago?) I started the Murkland Challenge. I'm hardly made any headway there but it was a fun sim boost for me. After tomorrow night I'll be done with heavy musical obligations until fall! :#

When I popped in this morning to check notifications I first saw @peatock 's message about the upcoming gamepack and to answer your question I am STOKED for all the stuff that'll come with it! It makes me want to go back into my legacy/newcrest and update. I REALLY want to keep the family going but my CC is causing me grief. I think I'll consider only having some CAS CC and gameplay mods. Also, my laptop is getting bogged down and I wonder how a new computer would boost things...

As far as the forums go, I like reading but I've been so far behind that I don't feel comfy replying. I think I needed to get away, though, because I was reading everything. I'm all in or nothing! I wanted to reply to the It's Done! thread about my toddlers but I didn't get back in time. Oh well. Maybe the next time I finish something, ha ha ha... ;)

Anyway, sorry for being a stranger. I love you guys! <3<3

Hi, @Meggles ! Happy to have you stop by and say hi! Considering your amazing and significant musical activities this year , it's no wonder you needed to conserve and rebuild your energy ! You've done so much !

It's never too late to share your responses at It's Done ! We always post new completions as they finish , but that doesn't mean that we are done with the previous done-ones ! :)

• Options
    aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    Morning, all!

Work's been work...hehe. I have a few job applications out there, so hopefully something will come from it.

Other than that, we're working on moving because that's another thing I want to do ;)

And once that move takes place in July, you should keep your eyes out for a new story from me.

I hope you're all well. Lots of love.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top