Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Acarb90 wrote: »
    https://metrosimlit.wordpress.com/

I started my sims story =)

I know it will take me a while to get my own thread and all, but I was wondering what everyone thinks of this little preview?

Looks like a lot of fun, @Acarb90 - and you'll be a member in no time! :)

i sent you the link sis. just in case you weren't behind me.
  • Options
    ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    edited May 2017

I know it will take me a while to get my own thread and all, but I was wondering what everyone thinks of this little preview?

I like your characters! ^_^ Your blog header is also pretty.
    4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
  • Options
    Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member
    Thank you ^.^

It's been so long since I used word press. I was worried it would look amateur lol.

I'm writing the first chapter already. I hope the format I am writing it in is OK. I kind of write it in a script format with some descriptive paragraphs before major scenes.
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options
    ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    Thank you ^.^

It's been so long since I used word press. I was worried it would look amateur lol.

I'm writing the first chapter already. I hope the format I am writing it in is OK. I kind of write it in a script format with some descriptive paragraphs before major scenes.

Lots of people write in a script format. I prefer reading novel style stories, but there are plenty of people who prefer script so you do you. It's about you enjoying your experience. <3
    4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    rednenemon wrote: »
    I asked this question in my reading circle, but since it's Q&A Monday in the Lounge, what are your thoughts on complex character development? How do you illustrate and develop the many layers of your characters? What makes your SimLit characters most interesting?

It's something I wish I could do, but in the end I can't.

No matter how I look at it, all the characters I've written for can basically be scaled down to something basic. An unattainable standard that I shall never reach.

@rednenemon: Wrong. Your Sinbad too.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    I asked this question in my reading circle, but since it's Q&A Monday in the Lounge, what are your thoughts on complex character development? How do you illustrate and develop the many layers of your characters? What makes your SimLit characters most interesting?

No matter how I look at it, all the characters I've written for can basically be scaled down to something basic. An unattainable standard that I shall never reach.

and the mom whos name i can't remember because shes scary. i meant the chrater is wrote well not that she reminds me of red.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,774 Member
    i kind of want to make a new game and make my parents and then have my sister&I be born (of course I will need to edit my sister and I to look more right) just for the parenting gamepack but since I wouldn't be getting that until around my birthday..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member

I checked It out! Love the characters and I look forward to your story! :)
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member

and the mom whos name i can't remember because shes scary. i meant the chrater is wrote well not that she reminds me of red.

Silver's perfectly written for hating or being scared by. :p
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    6.11 chapter
    170523-GDsjk4fdmcj7.jpg

6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

Silver's perfectly written for hating or being scared by. :p

i had to go back and edit the comment so you and red wouldn't be mad at me.the part where she doesn't remind me of red is new.
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member

Haha I currently have been learning that I'm not as good at this than I thought I was. So I'm enjoying reading others' answers! Maybe it'll help me in the future :) Great discussion question!
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    :)

Haha I currently have been learning that I'm not as good at this than I thought I was. So I'm enjoying reading others' answers! Maybe it'll help me in the future :) Great discussion question!

but you are the one who helped me learn about chracter development. so your better than you think you are.
  • Options

but you are the one who helped me learn about chracter development. so your better than you think you are.

I needed that tonight. Thank you @friendsfan367 :heart: You are wonderful.
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options

I needed that tonight. Thank you @friendsfan367 :heart: You are wonderful.

your welcome. its true when i get stuck on developing charaters i go to you first.
  • Options
    chocischocis Posts: 186 Member
    edited May 2017
    @CitizenErased14 Maybe you could share just one small tip? You do have a lot of experience and you make readers sob like crazy with your characters. Or go mad with how the characters develop into plumholes, but develop nonetheless.

EDIT: That came out wrong. Some of the characters sometimes act questionably, but it is very IN character form them. Even if they were decent brothers in the beginning. That's what I meant.
  • Options
    @chocis you think @CitizenErased14 's is crazy you should see my legacy
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    chocis wrote: »
    @CitizenErased14 Maybe you could share just one small tip? You do have a lot of experience and you make readers sob like crazy with your characters. Or go mad with how the characters develop into plumholes, but develop nonetheless.

Haha @chocis there are plenty of people who'd disagree with that last part, trust me ;)

I don't really have a tip to share, I'm sorry :( I guess I'll just say that back when I was writing Mari, I did some research about different psychological conditions/disorders. That can help if you want to write a troubled character :)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    @CathyTea last Thursday New Leaf had a "Hawaiian luau" at the apartment building in the morning and in the afternoon we did karaoke!! I give you one guess to what song I picked it was the song I used for the interlude chapter just prior to the ball chapter.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @MadameLee Haha, I can tell by your teasers that it must be crazy. I will check it out when I get the chance :)
  • Options
    i told the lady who takes me shopping since i spent so much money the other day i would only replace what i'm out of. i get yo get poptarts .lol
  • Options
    @MadameLee Haha, I can tell by your teasers that it must be crazy. I will check it out when I get the chance :)

i just realized i might be able to make a actual banner now i never had one with pictures because i never had the software.
  • Options

i just realized i might be able to make a actual banner now i never had one with pictures because i never had the software.

I use banner maker.com
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »

I use banner maker.com

i have gimp but it might do pictures only and i can only use free software which limits my choices.
  • Options
    It’s Inspiration Wendsday in my time zone and, in the first part of my post, I’d like to ask about pre-made Sims. Do you use them at all in your story and if so in what capacity? Have they ever became main characters? Have they given you any ideas for storylines, for example by their personalities, styles or something they’ve done? Do you think it’s weird?

I entered the game with the general idea in mind and backstory ( well, the profile I was talking about earlier), but wanted to play through the plot first, to fill in some gaps. I controlled my sim for the most part, but observed her reaction to other sims, events etc. She quickly developed a friendship with Penny Pizzazz. It was autonomous, really, but I really liked them together and didn’t even realize Penny was a pre-made, because I’ve never even watched the trailer for City Living. By the time I caught that, Penny grew on me and was already second to protagonist character. So, even though my story is mostly plot-driven, the game-driven antic became an integral part of it. ( And one my Reading Cycle paid most attention to, I think). I took her traits and job into consideration, but developed her in a way that suits the story.

Now, the second part where I share my update. I don’t normally do that, but it’s not a regular chapter. More like an interlude that I think can be read without the previous ( impressive 5) chapters ( but is integral to the story itself). Maybe someone’s interested in a different way to develop Penny. There is mild profanity and talk of addictions. I’m experimenting a lot in this chapter, so feedback will be appreciated.

Thoughts for Penny

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top