Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    All I'm gonna say... PLANTSIMS!
    New World Symphony is gonna get a lot more greener! :D

thats the one with the tree names right? no laughing my list broke so i'm behind.
  • Options
    RubeySimRubeySim Posts: 134 Member
    Hey everyone!

I've been thinking since last night about creating a reading circle. A laid back place with no reading schedule (at least for the moment), a place to encourage others, ask questions and just talk about our stories. It would be a small group with about 5 members who write Sims 4 stories.

Personally, I was looking for a reading circle that allows me to read at my own pace and take small breaks when I'm busy dealing with school or work or soon-to-be baby but also place I can count on for feedback on my story and share my love of reading simlit with possible discussion. So I thought I'd create one :smile: I'm looking to see if there is any interest from four others who would like to join.

There's not really any requirements to join as long as it's a Sims 4 story that you publish chapters frequently (ie. daily, weekly or whatever). If there are any takers I've already thought of a name and written up a sort-of-rough-draft for post for it, so once it is posted I can tag people in the group.
  • Options
    SourochaSourocha Posts: 1,465 Member
    Good timezones! How is everyone? Doing just fine!First off, i would like to say I'm very sorry for your rats, @DeiraShadeweaver , and second off, I'm very happy that I was able to not only screenshor and write one chapter....but two! I know is small but for me this is so productive! :D
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Because today is What I read Thursday? I been reading To Kill a Mockingbird and Time Traveler's Wife

what have other people been reading?

I just read @Sourocha 's and @AdamsEve1231 's latest chapters and really enjoyed all the suspense !

Big hugs , @DeiraShadeweaver . Those rats are so lucky to live their rich lives with you .

jes binge read th benders this morning. i should catch up discovering juliana but like i said earlier this week men are babies so i'm waitinga little longer.

but its a great story and jes is a awesome writer . i should know its my autobography.
  • Options
    cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member

I just saw! I'm thinking it'll be a fun project for my club to do. And It's making me think I really need to finally go ahead and get a starter save I've been reading some people have. You know, the basics like: Newcrest all loaded up with residential and community lots, placing certain things we can have now like spas and restaurants, and dropping in my Simself for good measure. That way when we have these challenges or when I want to start a new save, I can do it from my starter save.

How did PC gamers survive before there was such a thing as Save As? Back when I was playing Wheel of Fortune on my old green-on-green-screen word processor, I tell ya, those were the technological stone ages.
  • Options

I just saw! I'm thinking it'll be a fun project for my club to do. And It's making me think I really need to finally go ahead and get a starter save I've been reading some people have. You know, the basics like: Newcrest all loaded up with residential and community lots, placing certain things we can have now like spas and restaurants, and dropping in my Simself for good measure. That way when we have these challenges or when I want to start a new save, I can do it from my starter save.

How did PC gamers survive before there was such a thing as Save As? Back when I was playing Wheel of Fortune on my old green-on-green-screen word processor, I tell ya, those were the technological stone ages.

i'm not excited. i like the idea but my sims seem to die on a regular basis
  • Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    This past week I read @Cement 's White Lies and Half Truths. I'll admit the banner drew me in, but it's (so far) a really delightful tale where everyone is living their lives and maybe perhaps keeping one small insignificant secret from someone else. I highly recommend it for drama lovers.
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    6.5!!
    170413-S0hDM63P6YNg.jpg
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    6.6 chapter (and I know this chapter is really bad on the history side)

170413-MGmnNBIy2gmJ.jpg
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    Chapter Three of Super Dating is up!

suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    I WAS going to ask for some help but I decided to go with the Zayne-look alike in my game (whom you might consider an AU persona of Zayne or an ET of Zaybe which doesn't exist in HIS world
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

What a cool idea to have a starter save! :)

Also, how fun for your club to do this!

So the fun thing about the Plant Sim challenge is that all the residents end up being Plant Sims (at least, with MCCC, they do--not sure if it's usually that way or not). So... Miss Penguin is currently a Plant Sim! And so is Victor Feng! LOL!

Miss Penguin may or may not also be an autonomously turned Vampire... (I have yet to discover this... she certainly hangs out in Forgotten Hollow more than any others!)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member

I thought we had a temporary plant sim with the ice cream stuff pack. Is this finally permanent?
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    DeiraShadeweaverDeiraShadeweaver Posts: 647 Member
    @AkramA looks like it's temporary too, but the tree stays in our game so we can use it over and over?
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    @AkramA looks like it's temporary too, but the tree stays in our game so we can use it over and over?

Correct. Temporary. And Graham told me the items are in debug so you can have them for new saves. So I guess this means no fully developed plantsims *siiiigh*
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    Simmers! I had a customer yesterday who works for a marketing software company....after we chatted for a bit, I found out that one of his clients is EA and he's going to the Redwood City site next week.

I got visably flustered and excited and kept gushing about their new couch in the lobby with Sims on it that I saw on their Twitter feed. I'm pretty sure he thought I was nuts...I kept saying, "I've been playing The Sims for 17 years now..."

Anywho...that made my whole night last night. Even though he wouldn't take me with him. Not that I asked. (I might have)
  • Options

So the fun thing about the Plant Sim challenge is that all the residents end up being Plant Sims (at least, with MCCC, they do--not sure if it's usually that way or not). So... Miss Penguin is currently a Plant Sim! And so is Victor Feng! LOL!

Miss Penguin may or may not also be an autonomously turned Vampire... (I have yet to discover this... she certainly hangs out in Forgotten Hollow more than any others!)

Every single Sim in your game turned into a Plant Sim?? Even the vampires? That's... unexpected.
  • Options

Every single Sim in your game turned into a Plant Sim?? Even the vampires? That's... unexpected.

Not every single one! That would be so silly ! But Victor Feng is and Vanilla Penguin is! I expected that Plant Sims would be newly spawned , but instead , the game transformed Sims already in the save into plant Sims !

I'm not sure if Miss P is a vampire or not. CT had some social options with her that I thought were only available with vampires , but I'm probably wrong . Due to conflictingsunlight needs , it's probably not possible to have a Plant Vampire !

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    AkramA wrote: »

I thought we had a temporary plant sim with the ice cream stuff pack. Is this finally permanent?

It's still temporary , but can be regenerated with the right diet...

So far, they don't seem as awesome as TS3 and TS2 Plant Sims . . They just look green!n :D

• Options
    Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    edited April 2017
    Happy Timezones! Started on the PlantSim Challenge in a new save and so far, I got 3 Magic Beans. It's funny that the game decided to turn the existing Sims into PlantSims instead of spawning new ones. :lol:

Anyhoo, here's today's MISM episode! We're back with everyone's favorite stuffed animal lover! Let's see what he's up to!

Season 2 Episode 24: Dino's Friends
    m2TPYTh.jpg
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • Options
    ThymelessThymeless Posts: 1,184 Member
    Hey everyone :) I think I might have wiped myself out with all those ultra-long chapters I've been doing =p Am gonna take a couple of days off just to refresh my brain. Will probably get screenshots while I'm doing it, but yeah. Brain-ache =p
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    Sci-fi/Fantasy Lover | Taurus
    House: Hufflepuff/Pukwudgie
    The Centauri Legacy | Can You Hear the Violins? | Drifting with Nifflers
    Reading Circles: Reader's Nook
  • Options

Not every single one! That would be so silly ! But Victor Feng is and Vanilla Penguin is! I expected that Plant Sims would be newly spawned , but instead , the game transformed Sims already in the save into plant Sims !

I'm not sure if Miss P is a vampire or not. CT had some social options with her that I thought were only available with vampires , but I'm probably wrong . Due to conflictingsunlight needs , it's probably not possible to have a Plant Vampire !

Ohhhhhhhh! I thought you were saying once you completed the bean collected and setup the stump, it turned all the Sims into PlantSims. You're saying that the Sims you must collect beans from are existing Sims the game randomly turned! I got it now. I was so busy with work yesterday and today. I can't wait to get home tonight to see who my game has turned.

Oh the irony. I assume these Sims will stay PlantSims the entirety of the challenge, meanwhile any Sims we personally turn will only stay for 5 Sim days.
  • Options
    ThymelessThymeless Posts: 1,184 Member
    @CathyTea you're right about not being able to have plant!vampires, you also can't have plant!aliens but you CAN have plant ghosts =p I think it's only teen and up though.
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    Sci-fi/Fantasy Lover | Taurus
    House: Hufflepuff/Pukwudgie
    The Centauri Legacy | Can You Hear the Violins? | Drifting with Nifflers
    Reading Circles: Reader's Nook
  • Options
    Thymeless wrote: »
    @CathyTea you're right about not being able to have plant!vampires, you also can't have plant!aliens but you CAN have plant ghosts =p I think it's only teen and up though.

That's awesome ! I'm kinda sorry we can't have plant aliens, as I have an alien who would love to be plantified !

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top