Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    Blackrain95Blackrain95 Posts: 178 Member
    @CathyTea My Origin ID is Zyphlid, but I actually haven't uploaded any builds or sims or anything aha. I'll likely upload this build once I'm done with it in case anyone wants it, though so far it has items from the Roaring Heights (where my story is based) and DLCs Late Night and Into the Future (the plants, so far, are the only ITF items). I'm trying to keep a certain aesthetic throughout the complex.

However, I'd be more than happy to build something for you that is similar for three people! I ADORE building, even if I'm not entirely swell at it (I am getting better, I'll give myself that much). I'd would just like some details or pictures of what you had in mind aesthetic wise so it'd be easier to build if it isn't exactly similar to what I'm building.
    BannerEdit_zpsib5jbvxx.jpg
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    I've been off and on building the apartment building where two of my main characters' live and I'm actually pretty proud of how it's turned out so far! I need to copy and place it on a bigger lot, but I'll do that after the rest is constructed.

(Also I swear I enjoy building/decorating more than I like actually playing the game aha)

This is so beautiful! Would you share your Origin ID? I want to check out your builds!

For an upcoming game/story, I might need three townhouses! I'd love something like this but scaled down for three.

(I'm thinking of doing "Three Little Sims" with Honey Walker from the University Challenge, Emma Bennet from my first Wonder Child Challenge, and Acacia Bough when she finishes up Brady's Boot Camp! Yay!)

how many stories wuld that make 15 20.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @CathyTea My Origin ID is Zyphlid, but I actually haven't uploaded any builds or sims or anything aha. I'll likely upload this build once I'm done with it in case anyone wants it, though so far it has items from the Roaring Heights (where my story is based) and DLCs Late Night and Into the Future (the plants, so far, are the only ITF items). I'm trying to keep a certain aesthetic throughout the complex.

However, I'd be more than happy to build something for you that is similar for three people! I ADORE building, even if I'm not entirely swell at it (I am getting better, I'll give myself that much). I'd would just like some details or pictures of what you had in mind aesthetic wise so it'd be easier to build if it isn't exactly similar to what I'm building.

Oh.... are you talking TS3? I love Roaring Heights! I was wondering where you got that cool Art Deco for TS4!

Do you build in TS4?
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »
    I've been off and on building the apartment building where two of my main characters' live and I'm actually pretty proud of how it's turned out so far! I need to copy and place it on a bigger lot, but I'll do that after the rest is constructed.

(Also I swear I enjoy building/decorating more than I like actually playing the game aha)

This is so beautiful! Would you share your Origin ID? I want to check out your builds!

For an upcoming game/story, I might need three townhouses! I'd love something like this but scaled down for three.

(I'm thinking of doing "Three Little Sims" with Honey Walker from the University Challenge, Emma Bennet from my first Wonder Child Challenge, and Acacia Bough when she finishes up Brady's Boot Camp! Yay!)

how many stories wuld that make 15 20.

It would be after I finished something else... Skill U is nearly done... Drifter will probably be done pretty soon. So it would be a replacement, not an addition!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    So much love here!!!! Thank you so much, everyone, for the birthday wishes.

It's been a lovely day. I am so grateful for all of you and this wonderful community. <3

Hi, Birthday Rosey!

• Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    All assignments have been turned in, I AM DONE FOR NOW!!!! *falls over*
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    this might be a dumb question but what are the garden qualities i know the first is good but after that i get confused. im on the last part of the grwfruit challenge and can't figure out what im doing wrong.

noel would love the answer too i keep harassing him. lol
  • Options
    OJenn wrote: »
    All assignments have been turned in, I AM DONE FOR NOW!!!! *falls over*

if you fell over how did you type that you fell over?
  • Options
    VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    howdy folks!! hope everyone is well...I am currently re-installing my game cause Windows 10 :(
  • Options
    Blackrain95Blackrain95 Posts: 178 Member
    @CathyTea Oops! Yeah, I build in TS3 :( I don't have TS4 (yet), so unfortunately I can't build for that game. Otherwise, I'd be more than happy to do so for you.
    BannerEdit_zpsib5jbvxx.jpg
  • Options
    VIRTUALEE wrote: »
    howdy folks!! hope everyone is well...I am currently re-installing my game cause Windows 10 :(

i run mine through compatability mode.
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member

@VIRTUALEE: That's basically the only thing stopping me from upgrading. I like Windows 10! I work with it a lot at work and most of my complaints come from how difficult it makes my job (like splitting up Control Panel and putting some things into "Settings" instead). But my software! Not just games either. I have no idea what I have that will and won't work. :(
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    @friendsfan367 I have never heard of that (me = noob) I will google it to see how that works! Thanks for the recommendation.

@InfraGreen Yes! exactly too many pros and cons at the moment :( - thanks for feeling my pain lol!
  • Options
    @friendsfan367 I have never heard of that (me = noob) I will google it to see how that works! Thanks for the recommendation.

@InfraGreen Yes! exactly too many pros and cons at the moment :( - thanks for feeling my pain lol!

your welcome. i had issues too til i did it .
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    @Rorygilmore34 I just watched the first 2 parts of today's live stream that you posted and have a couple tips based on the egg challenge last year:
    1. I found a lot of eggs through harvesting plants- wild and in my sims' own garden.
    2. Sims with the glutton trait are able to rummage in any outdoor trash can if there has been something thrown away in it.
    3. There weren't any eggs sittin out in the open that I saw
  • Options
    From patch notes: The “Light a Bonfire” whim should no longer appear if there is no bonfire near.

This makes me happy!

I was getting so spammed with "Light a Bonfire"--bet you were, too.

And, c'mon! Gnome! I bet all of you knew about dragging items from one inventory to another, right? 0.5%? It's more like 75% wouldn't you guess?

• Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    @Rorygilmore34 I just watched the first 2 parts of today's live stream that you posted and have a couple tips based on the egg challenge last year:
    1. I found a lot of eggs through harvesting plants- wild and in my sims' own garden.
    2. Sims with the glutton trait are able to rummage in any outdoor trash can if there has been something thrown away in it.

Before the update I gathered the eggs from trees (rather than flowers etc) I will have to look into the other ways that are available now after the spring update.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    [kind of a rant- sorry!I just realized what the biggest disappointment of the patch was for me: custom thumbnails on the gallery will now cause the lot/household/room to be marked as containing cc. Here's why I dislike this:
    1. Custom thumbnail=/= custom content. I think whoever made that decision needs to brush up on their terminology.
    2. If they really wanted to put some sort of marker indicating that a custom thumbnail was used, couldn't they make something different for that?
    3. If their aim was to prevent players from using custom thumbnails, they should've improved their own. There's a reason why people started using them.
    4. The standard thumbnails for lots are pretty bad at adjusting to the lot. One big tree in the way of the camera can mean that you can't see half of the building. I'm not going to download a building if I can't see half of it.
    5. It's pretty much a lose-lose situation. [end rant]
  • Options
    Anua92Anua92 Posts: 269 Member
    edited March 2016
    Hey all. Can anyone give me some advice on my blog? I don't feel like I'm doing that great of a job on it. And do you know how to make story progression stop hyphenating names?

Also, anyone know some cute poses for sims 3? I want to find a bunch so I can hopefully take a big family photo soon!
    Post edited by Anua92 on
  • Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    [kind of a rant- sorry!I just realized what the biggest disappointment of the patch was for me: custom thumbnails on the gallery will now cause the lot/household/room to be marked as containing cc. Here's why I dislike this:
    1. Custom thumbnail=/= custom content. I think whoever made that decision needs to brush up on their terminology.
    2. If they really wanted to put some sort of marker indicating that a custom thumbnail was used, couldn't they make something different for that?
    3. If their aim was to prevent players from using custom thumbnails, they should've improved their own. There's a reason why people started using them.
    4. The standard thumbnails for lots are pretty bad at adjusting to the lot. One big tree in the way of the camera can mean that you can't see half of the building. I'm not going to download a building if I can't see half of it.
    5. It's pretty much a lose-lose situation. [end rant]

@Pegasus143 I share the same sentiments! Now I can't showcase the best features of my builds!
  • Options

i found all the eggs and got the first part of the plant thing dome i can't figure out the second part.
  • Options
    JoieWilderJoieWilder Posts: 2,513 Member
    Holy llamas - I just did the math and I've written 100,000 words for the Thoreau's! :open_mouth:
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    JoieWilder wrote: »
    Holy llamas - I just did the math and I've written 100,000 words for the Thoreau's! :open_mouth:

no wonder i haven't caught up.

these are my goals finish the easter challenge
    write

resume reading.
  • Options
    JoieWilderJoieWilder Posts: 2,513 Member
    JoieWilder wrote: »

no wonder i haven't caught up.

these are my goals finish the easter challenge
    write

resume reading.

My list of goals is longer :D

get ahead on the Thoreau's
    get ahead on The More the Wilder
    update Thoreau meet the character's pages
    update my signature banner to include all my stories
    update Thoreau blog banner
    someday actually finish outlining gen 2
    read