Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    So, today’s chapter started a series of events that I’ve been nervous about—in a good way. I thought for sure that the happenings would take everyone out of the story and would spawn comments aimed at me. Like, “what have you done?” or something like that. But so far, everyone is immersed in the story and is just plain shocked at what happened. Yay! I know everyone hasn’t read yet, and I’m still expecting those threatening comments. :D
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Jes2G wrote: »
    So, today’s chapter started a series of events that I’ve been nervous about—in a good way. I thought for sure that the happenings would take everyone out of the story and would spawn comments aimed at me. Like, “what have you done?” or something like that. But so far, everyone is immersed in the story and is just plain shocked at what happened. Yay! I know everyone hasn’t read yet, and I’m still expecting those threatening comments. :D

i only threaten you when i can't sleep because ideas are in my head.
  • Options

Idle threats :p
    forum_final.png

• Options
    KitDragonFlightKitDragonFlight Posts: 6,219 Member
    CandyCadet wrote: »
    @KitDragonFlight I can't wait to see it. I love depressing stories ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) and thanks darling :innocent:

@CitizenErased14 The only ever time I make poses is when I can't a particular one that I need. So I succumbed to making them which is a major part of the story I made long ago. But everyone can do it! It's the only type of modding I've ever done anyway. It could take hours but it's a learning experience. You should get started now :p

@InfraGreen Forgot to add, I just found a really good group pose from a TV show I will soon be making as a cover image for another story. Can't show it here tho but it's from Sense8

You a computer gamer only, or ps4/xbox one? if you do ps4, you may know what I am talking about lol
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

Idle threats :p [/quote

if i act on them now heath and leanne can't get married.
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    How's everyone's Sunday?
    Stressful- there's been some really bad stuff going on in social media about my school, especially since we'll all be in one place tomorrow for the coronation of winter king/queen for each grade.
  • Options
    1 MORE SECTION WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO then the house outside décor and the 2nd and third stories!!!!!!
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    edited February 2016
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    How's everyone's Sunday?
    Stressful- there's been some really bad stuff going on in social media about my school, especially since we'll all be in one place tomorrow for the coronation of winter king/queen for each grade.

That doesn't sound good @Pegasus143 ! Is this something you should alert a teacher or administration about? Like bullying or harassment? :(

Sorry, I'm in teacher-mode right now haha But seriously, online bullying (if that's what's happening) is really serious and bad. I hope you are able to stay out of all the drama (and report it if it's something serious!) :(
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    edited February 2016

@Jes2G I may have been naughty and read it in spite of not being caught up (I know, I know...). It actually made me break a sweat, I kept imagining it happened to me, what a nightmare! Definitely one of those that pulls the reader in!
  • Options
    CandyCadetCandyCadet Posts: 517 Member
    @KitDragonFlight I had to look back like a few pages because that got me excited 1445736147750s.jpg

I was all but now I'm a full PS player. As soon as I saw, "The Hunter's Dream" I already knew what it was. I love the series, it so addicting, even tho I haven't played this particular one yet but I'm excited to see the lore. I was actually prepared to ask you, "Is it Heavy Rain? TLoU? Metro series?" :p This one wasn't my first thought lol

On the topic of converting video game content to Sims, I've always been thinking whether or not I should start building. I've never done building in S3 before but I have in the previous games.
    I'm starting a victorian theme story soon, you see.
    Dishonored-title-update-1-2-available-now-1093942.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nsw409algx1tve05p_540.png
  • Options
    ThePlumbob wrote: »

@Jes2G I may have been naughty and read it in spite of not being caught up (I know, I know...). It actually made me break a sweat, I kept imagining it happened to me, what a nightmare! Definitely one of those that pulls the reader in!

You skipped? Ahhhh! lol, that’s ok I guess. I’m glad you were pulled in and not away.

I’m gonna disappear for a while, folks! Later!
    forum_final.png

• Options
    SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    @Jes2G I love your new avatar!
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
  • Options
    CandyCadet wrote: »
    @KitDragonFlight I had to look back like a few pages because that got me excited 1445736147750s.jpg

I was all but now I'm a full PS player. As soon as I saw, "The Hunter's Dream" I already knew what it was. I love the series, it so addicting, even tho I haven't played this particular one yet but I'm excited to see the lore. I was actually prepared to ask you, "Is it Heavy Rain? TLoU? Metro series?" :p This one wasn't my first thought lol

On the topic of converting video game content to Sims, I've always been thinking whether or not I should start building. I've never done building in S3 before but I have in the previous games.
    I'm starting a victorian theme story soon, you see.
    Dishonored-title-update-1-2-available-now-1093942.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nsw409algx1tve05p_540.png

Looks epic! I have beaten the game and the dlc, it is AMAZING! And even ng+ is awesome, playing through it again! I have beaten bb and ds2, working on demons souls then will start dark souls, already pre-ordered dark souls 3! I am a bit obsessed over here!

• Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    ThePlumbob wrote: »

You skipped? Ahhhh! lol, that’s ok I guess. I’m glad you were pulled in and not away.

I’m gonna disappear for a while, folks! Later!

Only for this one, I'm still going to continue reading where I last left off! I just saw that you changed your avatar and it made me curious about the pretty sims in it :D
  • Options
    Ok, I think I have placed more than two hundred tombstones and rocks on this lot. We aren't even going to get into foliage.
  • Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,207 Member
    ...I guess I hit a productive pocket, and updated again far earlier than I expected.

Either way, the latest update can be found here. And I must say,
    That's a pretty calm reaction to having a potential break-in (during the last scene).
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    How's everyone's Sunday?

Me:
    tumblr_inline_o1xzkf6xkh1tqt2ou_500.gif

^ Me, too! ^^^

I just finished reading all my student's essays--and it was so much fun! YAY! **Love life***
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

Oooh! Now I'm excited to read it! And I'll be sure to be kind--even if I'm shocked. (But I might have to say, 'eep' just to myself, if I'm really moved...)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    JoieWilderJoieWilder Posts: 2,513 Member
    Hi everyone! How are all of you? I'm excited to get back at my ISBI today. Declan is being difficult about choosing a mate - all he does is roll wants to exercise or buy equipment. :D
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »
    How's everyone's Sunday?

Me:
    tumblr_inline_o1xzkf6xkh1tqt2ou_500.gif

^ Me, too! ^^^

I just finished reading all my student's essays--and it was so much fun! YAY! **Love life***

Your a professor????? Oh, that totally doesn't surprise me. What surprises me is that 1: I didn't know this, and 2: that the fact that it doesn't surprise me surprises me! Hahaha!
  • Options
    JoieWilder wrote: »
    Hi everyone! How are all of you? I'm excited to get back at my ISBI today. Declan is being difficult about choosing a mate - all he does is roll wants to exercise or buy equipment. :D

He is giving you a sign....I DUN WANT LOVE I WANT MUSCLE!
  • Options
    Holy crap. I am...done? With...with foliage? And tombs? And creepy lamps? HOLY PLUMBOB I'VE DONE IT!
  • Options
    JoieWilderJoieWilder Posts: 2,513 Member
    JoieWilder wrote: »

He is giving you a sign....I DUN WANT LOVE I WANT MUSCLE!

Well that is too bad for him because he's getting hitched!
  • Options
    Huh. The Sig actually worked!!! Yay!
  • Options
    JLBDreamerJLBDreamer Posts: 622 Member
    Hi everyone.

I'm new to these new Sims forums and I wondered what you all thought about something I've been pondering over my Sim 3 legacies whose files I lost. While a couple, since they were in one of the EA worlds are salvageable mostly with what files I have been able to save, one was in a custom world that was buggy in the save and no longer is available to download. To complicate matters the story was based around this valley and the kingdom so much it makes it problematic to continue the story. Here is why I would like some opinions of fellow writers.

Frost Rainbowcy centered on a fairytale valley cut-off by a spell from the rest of the Sim World. The struggle to gain control of this Kingdom that protects the valley (a kind of force field spell is involved) and the royal family is central to it. As you can see since the whole "world" is unplayable and I am not proficient enough to CAW it wouldn't make sense that is all changed in appearance so much.

I have planned future plot points that were going to take them into another Fairy Sim Kingdom and a more modern Sim City so I wondered if I introduced those a little earlier and then returned and explained the differences as due to what occurred there during the years away from the valley would be enough of a suspension of disbelief.

They won't let me post links or pictures here yet so sorry that I can't show you what I'm talking about.

Thanks!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top