May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

11 months later and still the same excuses

Comments

• Options
    Simulator4Simulator4 Posts: 652 Member
    gayars wrote: »
    I sure wouldn't vote for them tho!

Has anyone noticed, this thread hasn't deteriorated from a string of haters arguing with us. We had, what, one dissenter? Nobody is disagreeing much any more...

I don't think it means their are no more dissenters, just that after all this time people are tired of defending their enjoyment with the game. I think also many are realizing that any changes that come about because of the dissatisfied group could be beneficial to all.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    bethyGrace wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I find it ridiculous, amidst all of the complaints they were receiving, and continue to receive, their response after 9 months is to push out the first stuff pack, of course with many more to follow as we have seen from the placeholders, of *MORE* party content -- as if we didn't have enough of that bull in the base game. Also, why is the "small budget" and "limited time" The Sims Studio has with The Sims being spent on money-grabs such as stuff packs? Can you answer that one, @SimGuruGrant ?

While on the topic of the additional Sims 4 content that followed the horrible base game release fan reception, Outdoor Retreat just came out of nowhere, and the content there was just bare, half-done, and pretty laughable to be called the first TS4 content pack. What's even more laughable is how GTW, the first full-fledged expansion to follow the base game criticism, consists of *MASSIVE* amounts of linear/RPG-like goals that were inspired by the bull content in Freeplay, even after the huge backlash against these confining goals earlier with the base game.

I know this was posted a while ago, but I just want to echo this.

I cannot express my disappointment at the first Stuff Pack enough. More party stuff. MORE PARTY STUFF. I actually don't believe it.
    With all the things missing from this game (cars, dishwashers, large worlds, and let's not even mention that T-word), this is their fantastic first stuff pack? -_-

If they created a new town with 50 lots and sold it for $10, I would probably buy it. Party stuff? No thanks, I'll pass. That was like the one thing that actually came with the basegame >_>

I found that article so incredibly sad. I was sad for the Gurus, sad for Rachel Franklin, and very sad for the simming community. It will take something pretty major to pull this game out of the gutter, and I hope they can do it, but time is definitely ticking away.

I just want to know they are really trying and being given the resources to do so. EA need to seriously prioritise the sims and mend relations. We as a community deserve the best because faithfully we gave the solid profits for fifteen years.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    bethyGrace wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I find it ridiculous, amidst all of the complaints they were receiving, and continue to receive, their response after 9 months is to push out the first stuff pack, of course with many more to follow as we have seen from the placeholders, of *MORE* party content -- as if we didn't have enough of that bull in the base game. Also, why is the "small budget" and "limited time" The Sims Studio has with The Sims being spent on money-grabs such as stuff packs? Can you answer that one, @SimGuruGrant ?

While on the topic of the additional Sims 4 content that followed the horrible base game release fan reception, Outdoor Retreat just came out of nowhere, and the content there was just bare, half-done, and pretty laughable to be called the first TS4 content pack. What's even more laughable is how GTW, the first full-fledged expansion to follow the base game criticism, consists of *MASSIVE* amounts of linear/RPG-like goals that were inspired by the bull content in Freeplay, even after the huge backlash against these confining goals earlier with the base game.

I know this was posted a while ago, but I just want to echo this.

I cannot express my disappointment at the first Stuff Pack enough. More party stuff. MORE PARTY STUFF. I actually don't believe it.
    With all the things missing from this game (cars, dishwashers, large worlds, and let's not even mention that T-word), this is their fantastic first stuff pack? -_-

If they created a new town with 50 lots and sold it for $10, I would probably buy it. Party stuff? No thanks, I'll pass. That was like the one thing that actually came with the basegame >_>

I found that article so incredibly sad. I was sad for the Gurus, sad for Rachel Franklin, and very sad for the simming community. It will take something pretty major to pull this game out of the gutter, and I hope they can do it, but time is definitely ticking away.

Good points. Time is ticking fast and players are leaving in large numbers each day. Not a day goes past where we don't see another disappointment thread. Eight months on, that is unacceptable
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    How about we all write letters (again, in my case) and I mean actual, physical letters, requesting vast changes in a certain game and try again. A Sims 5 that is actually based on what the fans want would be a wonderful beginning....

Addressed to their head of marketing or their lawyers. They are the only ones who can make changes.

The community has made drastic changes before, just from phone calls, letters, and emails. It was who we targeted (lawyers) that made the changes. Even though it was not the intention of our effort, we got stuff packs and a store for the game.

Talking to their customer service is not going to help. Talking to gurus will not help. We need to target the CEO, marketing director, or lawyers. If we can get enough people to pester them, they'll see the value in keeping the game alive and improving it. Hopefully they'll get rid of this awful team and hire people with actual simulation experience. (i hate advocating for people to lose their jobs, but when it isn't working out...well, it just isn't working out.)

Heck...give me your name and I'll write a personalized letter for you.
  • Options
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    How about we all write letters (again, in my case) and I mean actual, physical letters, requesting vast changes in a certain game and try again. A Sims 5 that is actually based on what the fans want would be a wonderful beginning....

Addressed to their head of marketing or their lawyers. They are the only ones who can make changes.

The community has made drastic changes before, just from phone calls, letters, and emails. It was who we targeted (lawyers) that made the changes. Even though it was not the intention of our effort, we got stuff packs and a store for the game.

Talking to their customer service is not going to help. Talking to gurus will not help. We need to target the CEO, marketing director, or lawyers. If we can get enough people to pester them, they'll see the value in keeping the game alive and improving it. Hopefully they'll get rid of this awful team and hire people with actual simulation experience. (i hate advocating for people to lose their jobs, but when it isn't working out...well, it just isn't working out.)

Heck...give me your name and I'll write a personalized letter for you.

Good points. I have no idea why this dev team have been left to run the series into the ground
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    Honestly, I don't get them. The Sims is a game that can easily be used to fund so many other projects. Make a solid base for it and people will throw their money at you because they get real enjoyment out of it.

You win, they are happy, more money, more games. Why is it so hard to see, for them?
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    ASDF0716 wrote: »

STOP CATERING TO EIGHT YEAR OLDS.

That's kind of an insult to 8 year olds :neutral:

There was a time when I though the "Feedback" section was for, you know, feedback, so that the devs would have a better idea of what they could do to improve the game. The last major game I was involved in was Elder Scrolls Online and while it wasn't perfect, going on the forums meant communication between between devs and the community. It wasn't always directly with the main developers, but there were a several lovely staff members who would pass things along and even get things fixed when and where possible. I also felt less inclined to live on the forums yelling, lol. I was too busy playing.

Well at least I'm loving Sims 2 atm, all over again.
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    Amiutza wrote: »
    Honestly, I don't get them. The Sims is a game that can easily be used to fund so many other projects. Make a solid base for it and people will throw their money at you because they get real enjoyment out of it.

You win, they are happy, more money, more games. Why is it so hard to see, for them?

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Would it not be financially viable to make a decent game?

Or did they think everyone will by TS4 because it has The Sims name on it?

I am not the type to buy every single Sims game, I just played the main Sims games as as much as some would disagree with me, TS4 doesn't feel like a 'main' Sims game enough for me to buy it
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »
    Amiutza wrote: »

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Would it not be financially viable to make a decent game?

Or did they think everyone will by TS4 because it has The Sims name on it?

I am not the type to buy every single Sims game, I just played the main Sims games as as much as some would disagree with me, TS4 doesn't feel like a 'main' Sims game enough for me to buy it

At this point, I think that they just expected to get more out of it than they put into it. Maximum profits, minimal effort. Make a few shiny dresses and a new sofa or two, slap the "Sims 4" label on it, and wait for the profits to roll in. It's no longer about simulating life or family, or trying to give players a rich experience. It's about tossing out stuff and raking in the profits. According to them, when players are dissatisfied, it's because we don't get their "vision." It just makes me question what their vision actually was. Stripping the simulation out of The Sims and turning it into a game about half-baked emotions that don't even work?

Every answer that I've seen is about this vision. It's about how they decided to sacrifice x, y, or z for emotions and "amusing behavior" or whatever. But how does that make sense when for 15 years we've had games that not only had all of these features, but also ran rings around TS4 when it came to emotional depth and sim behavior? This just doesn't add up anymore, and I'm tired of them telling us that they're listening, that they have a vision, that they're "exploring" ideas. It's not about listening, it's about doing. And everything that I've seen so far of TS4 leads me to believe that not only do they not understand their fans, they don't understand the series, or even the genre anymore.

If their vision is so incredible they need to come out and share it. Because currently it's a word with zero meaning because they don't explain what their vision really is.
  • Options
    praxis22praxis22 Posts: 19 Member
    I am once again on the forums looking for news, because after the 1.7 patch I lost all my Sims, It may well be a mod issue, but with other games it just refused to load. Which was boring to fix, but at least you got your game back. Now, I had to re-install & re-integrate, just to get my families back, then I'm going to have to strip down my mods but in a much more methodical manner. Because it appears that if I load the wrong mod, then I lose all my Sims again, and that may bork the game, so I may have to repeatedly re-install just to get a stable base to work from.

I am going to do it, not because I like the game, but because I hate being beaten by a computer problem, it's what makes me good at what I do, (Enterprise computing) However, the shock of thinking, even for a moment, that I've spent 11 months, and 200 hours, and that it could all just evaporate in a flash, that is something I've never felt before, not with any Sims game, and I've been playing for 15 years, since The first game.

After that though I think I'm going to call it a day, I'll re-install Sims2 and mess with that, I did play with Sims3, and Origin just downloaded it for me, but I doubt I'll play that, better not to connect to Origin at all I reckon. For those still mourning toddlers or anything else you may want to Google: sunk cost fallacy you are not so smart

I'd post a link, but it says I've not been around enough :)

The article you'll find with that search is all about Farmville, and how people invested in that game too. It is a bit of a flaw in human thinking, hence the fallacy, but 15 years or more of economics taught me to see such things for what they are.

I did actually play a bit of the new SimCity, it was a lousy game, you wanted so much to play as you used to, but just as you were getting into "flow"something would happen to jerk you out. Like Sims4 it became a chore to play. So I stopped. Then I discovered Cities: Skylines, which is a joy to play, it just happens organically. Sure the interface is a little clunky, but it was made by a team of 20 people, and it hums with life, time and stress just melt away when you play it.

Rather than petitioning EA, or trying to out wait them & sulk you may want to read the link, and change the name Farmville for "the Sims" and understand what it is you want. Then if you're smart you'll campaign en mass to get Colossal Order to build you a People Simulator to go along with the City one they already have, Tell your friends, get together 100K people and where there is a demand, somebody will build you a game to fulfill it. There are 30K+ mods for Cities: Skylines, people are fixing basic game problems with them, because they can, it's less a exercise in futility, (like playing a modded Sims4) than simply getting out of the way, and letting the fan base do it.

Just as Google Plus is a social network that is not Facebook, and Cities: Skylines is a city builder that is not SimCity, so I imagine there will eventually be another People Sim. One that is not an abusive relationship, that is fresh and exiting and a little rough around the edges. One that is a joy to play. Nobody will buy another SimCity game, because EA will never be able to sell one. Not now there is a new kid on the block. Or you could just fret about the time you have sunk into the game, and go back to complaining. Which you've been doing for 11 months already without result.

If you let negativity become your daily draught, it will seep into your core, it will become you. See the light, Embrace Joy.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member
    @praxis22 - psst: start with the quads & quints mod - caused this for another player post-patch
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    praxis22praxis22 Posts: 19 Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > praxis22 - psst: start with the quads & quints mod - caused this for another player post-patch

Haven't got it installed, only installed one baby mod, "better baby care" or something as one of my Sims got pregnant accidentally from the grim reaper, Yay! full autonomy :)
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Here you go:

Chief Executive Officer
    Andrew Wilson
    209 Redwood Shores Parkway
    Redwood City, CA 94065
    Email: awilson@ea.com

Chief Marketing Officer
    Chris Bruzzo
    Redwood City, CA 94065
    Twitter: cbruzzo
    Email: ?? possibly cbruzzo@ea.com

Senior Vice President, Maxis
    Lucy Bradshaw
    Redwood City, CA 94065
    Email: ??

Anyone care to fill in any info?

I will also post this at my blog because something tells me that this post will get deleted.
    Post edited by Mstybl95 on
  • Options
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Here you go:

Chief Executive Officer
    Andrew Wilson
    Redwood City, CA 94065
    Email: awilson@ea.com

Chief Marketing Officer
    Chris Bruzzo
    Redwood City, CA 94065
    Twitter: cbruzzo
    Email: ?? possibly cbuzzo@ea.com

Senior Vice President, Maxis
    Lucy Bradshaw
    Redwood City, CA 94065
    Email: ??

Anyone care to fill in any info?

I will also post this at my blog because something tells me that this post will get deleted.

I've been emailing Andrew Wilson for months after the family thread took off. Ignored every single time. Thank you for the addresses, I will defo get on that :) thanks for sharing on your blog too.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Will Wright is not weeping over the Sims 4 and what became of *his* "vision". Will Wright could care less about The Sims series. He sold all the rights to Electronic Arts when he left Maxis.

I'm not really surprised that there's nobody on here trying to defend the game and telling us that we are betraying the Sims with all this negativity. The last person that tried that line of reasoning got his/her wrist slapped pretty hard.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    Will Wright is not weeping over the Sims 4 and what became of *his* "vision". Will Wright could care less about The Sims series. He sold all the rights to Electronic Arts when he left Maxis.

I'm not really surprised that there's nobody on here trying to defend the game and telling us that we are betraying the Sims with all this negativity. The last person that tried that line of reasoning got his/her wrist slapped pretty hard.

I'll be ignoring this thread with my soul, I don't want any slaps.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Simulator4Simulator4 Posts: 652 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »

That's the second comment about Sims 4 defenders. It's as if you're deliberately baiting us but we won't bite. At least not today. We're too excited by the new stuff pack releasing today. :)
  • Options
    Anavastia wrote: »
    I'm not sending letters anymore, im not sending emails anymore or contacting customer support anymore. I'm not going to sit here and try to reason with a group of people who have their fingers stuck in their ears and want to pretend like everything is okay. When clearly things are heading south and heading south fast. They've had enough time and I've had more than enough patience with this team to get things together and organized to where they start to deliver on this game.

I am simply not funding this, and none of my family will either. There is no way i'll endorse or support sims 4 now and equally i will make sure none of my friends or family do either. Word of mouth is the biggest pain a game can have and let's be honest word of mouth about sims 4 is has been nothing but bad since it's existence. I'm not about to give ideas or waste time for a team that refuses to listen in anyway to it's fanbase or audience. I'm tired of the lying and equally tired of the silence and pr talk that has lead to no where and continues to lead no where. As a customer I have waited long enough for this thing to be turned around. 0 Effort has been placed in doing. I will place 0 effort in trying to like this game. I will surely treat sims team, EA, and Maxis with the same disdain and rudeness they've treated their fanbase. I am fed up. I rather take praxis advice and hope for another competitor to rise an scoop up the millions of fans ea 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off if i can find a group of them to ever be vocal and help out in getting at least someone to noticed there is still money to be had in simulation gaming and to pick up making a life simulator.

To be honest going this route is dead. If anything ea will drop this game like a bad habit because they can't pull their revenue up and equally fans won't ever trust this same team to deliver what want and have the same vision as their audience. The crazy part is we simmers get it and have somewhat the same idea of what we want it's them who don't get it and never will. I'm surely not going to waste another 2 years hoping they'll get it after and listening to bogus excuse after excuse while they quitely play on their twitter accounts ignoring the hot mess they've caused.

I understand your frustration. I feel it, too. However, I have seen this community band together and make changes. If they see missed revenue, their eyes and ears will open. However, for people that will say they will not spend a dime, then that is when it becomes pointless. If we want changes, they have to have a monetary reason to make the investment in the series. Those of us who were unhappy with the way TS3 was going should have spoken up together. I just left the franchise for a while and came back hoping for the best. And this game is what I got for my silence. I know you have been very vocal Anavastia. I think I remember you from the old TS2 BBS. Imagine your voice if we could get everyone else who is unhappy to speak up, too. People can move mountains when they work together.