Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

11 months later and still the same excuses

Comments

• Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Simulator4 wrote: »
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    Will Wright is not weeping over the Sims 4 and what became of *his* "vision". Will Wright could care less about The Sims series. He sold all the rights to Electronic Arts when he left Maxis.

I'm not really surprised that there's nobody on here trying to defend the game and telling us that we are betraying the Sims with all this negativity. The last person that tried that line of reasoning got his/her wrist slapped pretty hard.

That's the second comment about Sims 4 defenders. It's as if you're deliberately baiting us but we won't bite. At least not today. We're too excited by the new stuff pack releasing today. :)

No one is baiting anyone. I'm simply stating a fact in response to someone who said in their reply that Will Wright is weeping. The fact is that Will Wright has moved on to develop a game he calls The Hive. It's supposed to be a social experiment where he uses an app to track people's movements and urges them to get together at a certain pre-arranged meeting place.
    That's the short explanation. He's all excited about it.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Good points today
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Anavastia wrote: »
    To7m wrote: »
    I wasn't actually going to comment on this thread but seeing pretty much EVERYONE (emphasis) has said something I'll chuck in my 2p also..

I'm tired. I'm tired of coming on to this site everyday hoping that my wishes have been fulfilled only to see Jack Squat. Zip. Nada. Zilch. I'm tired of having to repeat myself over and over yet getting no response in return from EA. I'm tired of feeling like plum every time I even think of the Sims 4. When I then compare this to the excitement and joy I feel when I'm thinking about a play session with TS2 and TS3, it's even worse.

I feel that, and I'm being very serious, if we haven't heard anything regarding toddlers by the end of this month then I am officially D.O.N.E! I love this series of games, heck, I even love what The Sims 4 could be and it would take a lot for me to stop playing altogether. I'm usually strictly PS4 and TS is the only PC game I play but all this hassle just isn't worth it any more.

Enough is enough.

--T

Let's be honest it's already paid for an ea is not about to get profit with those two games anymore.
    They hard their chances and they blew it. it's that simple.

Yup! I agree. I still have the last 2 EP's and a few things from the store I still need but I would rather put my money towards an old game than TS4 any day.

You know, before I left these forums, if one of you guys had said to me this is where we would be today I would've told you you were cray cray. OMG, I can remember when they announced TS4 - I was like a kid at Christmas. I remember thinking about when TS2 came out and it made me even MORE excited as I hadn't played that in YEARS. I was expecting a hybrid TS2 AND TS3 and what I got was barely TS at all.

I now feel the complete opposite about this game as to when I first heard about it. I thank whoever had a hand in making TS2/TS3 but that's all the thanks they're getting from me.

I'm actually disgusted with EA.

--T
  • Options
    Simulator4Simulator4 Posts: 652 Member
    Morning everyone...
    Will Wright is not weeping over the Sims 4 and what became of *his* "vision". Will Wright could care less about The Sims series. He sold all the rights to Electronic Arts when he left Maxis.

I'm not really surprised that there's nobody on here trying to defend the game and telling us that we are betraying the Sims with all this negativity. The last person that tried that line of reasoning got his/her wrist slapped pretty hard.

That's the second comment about Sims 4 defenders. It's as if you're deliberately baiting us but we won't bite. At least not today. We're too excited by the new stuff pack releasing today. :)

No one is baiting anyone. Today when your stuff pack comes out and it has nothing but a few items are you going to be happy? There is a reason the stuff pack is only $10.00. EA doesn't market a huge pack for half the price of a Game Pack, especially when Stuff Packs 10 years ago were $20.00.

Yes. :p
  • Options
    ArielDelphinusArielDelphinus Posts: 628 Member
    Morning everyone...

No one is baiting anyone. Today when your stuff pack comes out and it has nothing but a few items are you going to be happy? There is a reason the stuff pack is only $10.00. EA doesn't market a huge pack for half the price of a Game Pack, especially when Stuff Packs 10 years ago were $20.00.

Yes. :p

Okay what ever floats your boat.
    “Because if you don't stand up for the stuff you don't like, when they come for the stuff you do like, you've already lost.”
    ― Neil Gaiman
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Amiutza wrote: »
    Honestly, I don't get them. The Sims is a game that can easily be used to fund so many other projects. Make a solid base for it and people will throw their money at you because they get real enjoyment out of it.

You win, they are happy, more money, more games. Why is it so hard to see, for them?
    Sadly the Sims 4 was traded off for Titanfall and the Sims was supposed to sell based on brand name alone: http://simsvip.com/2014/01/29/ea-trades-off-the-sims-4-for-titanfall/
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Honestly, I don't get them. The Sims is a game that can easily be used to fund so many other projects. Make a solid base for it and people will throw their money at you because they get real enjoyment out of it.

You win, they are happy, more money, more games. Why is it so hard to see, for them?
    Sadly the Sims 4 was traded off for Titanfall and the Sims was supposed to sell based on brand name alone: http://simsvip.com/2014/01/29/ea-trades-off-the-sims-4-for-titanfall/

I get that they want yo use Sims money for other projects. But since this is a great source of income to them, why not make sure it will continue to be? That's what i wonder.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member

I get that they want yo use Sims money for other projects. But since this is a great source of income to them, why not make sure it will continue to be? That's what i wonder.

Because they think we're dopes who buy anything with the brand on it. So they counted on us just moving along with the flow so they could keep using the money we put into OUR game to fund other games. Because The Sims has always been a steady revenue stream for them. And they've been putting the least amount of money into the game for a long time.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

Yeah I don't understand that either. The Sims 4 should have had enough of a financial cushion to ensure it was going to sell well or at least have back up to invest make it better and cater to more players.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Good points in this thread still. This scandal will never be forgotten
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member

My generation I am sad to say is partially responsible for the road that is laying out ahead of us. We have allowed for rear end kissing and favoritism to allow for promotions instead of hard work. We have fooled ourselves into believing that just because a person has a college education that makes a person more qualified then the person that has been actually doing the hard work for 20 years. We have pushed political correctness instead of freedom of speech and the truth. We have and are raising a generation of kids and adults that think they are all winners and everything they do is just fabulous when it isn't. We have said it is better to be popular and famous then it is to be ethically morale & taking pride in hard work. We have allowed for a generation of immature adults that don't want to think, don't want to work hard, don't want a challenge, don't question anything, don't want to do any research, and are more concerned about things being easy and being bro's and cool with children & teenagers instead of setting an example. By doing these things they don't understand that the more work and time you put into creating something the better that creation will be and everything else will fall into place. Our ancestors that came before us understood those simple things, the creators of Sims 2 understood that. If they want Sims 4 to be a success then they need to put in the extra effort by fixing the games bugs and listening to their fan base. If they start doing those things, and quickly, then maybe the game will start being a success, but I fear time is running out because even a fan base has their limits.

Thank you for acknowledging what I have been watching happen for 30 years.
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.
  • Options
    ArielDelphinusArielDelphinus Posts: 628 Member
    WolfEyes wrote: »

My generation I am sad to say is partially responsible for the road that is laying out ahead of us. We have allowed for rear end kissing and favoritism to allow for promotions instead of hard work. We have fooled ourselves into believing that just because a person has a college education that makes a person more qualified then the person that has been actually doing the hard work for 20 years. We have pushed political correctness instead of freedom of speech and the truth. We have and are raising a generation of kids and adults that think they are all winners and everything they do is just fabulous when it isn't. We have said it is better to be popular and famous then it is to be ethically morale & taking pride in hard work. We have allowed for a generation of immature adults that don't want to think, don't want to work hard, don't want a challenge, don't question anything, don't want to do any research, and are more concerned about things being easy and being bro's and cool with children & teenagers instead of setting an example. By doing these things they don't understand that the more work and time you put into creating something the better that creation will be and everything else will fall into place. Our ancestors that came before us understood those simple things, the creators of Sims 2 understood that. If they want Sims 4 to be a success then they need to put in the extra effort by fixing the games bugs and listening to their fan base. If they start doing those things, and quickly, then maybe the game will start being a success, but I fear time is running out because even a fan base has their limits.

Thank you for acknowledging what I have been watching happen for 30 years.

You are most welcome. :smiley:
    “Because if you don't stand up for the stuff you don't like, when they come for the stuff you do like, you've already lost.”
    ― Neil Gaiman
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    Yep their scensoring the players and not allowing us to ask questions and speak about the treatment we've received. Very clear sign they aren't about to provide fans with their looking for and they don't care or want to here what their fanbase has to say.
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    edited May 2015

My best guess is, Rachel Franklin (a new face to TS) pitched a great sounding idea for the newest version of TS. RF has no prior knowledge of TS but does with online games, programs and apps. Lucy Bradshaw(also in charge of the Simcity fiasco) teams up with this new idea and the rest is what it is!! I do agree with the question of why the change and not just a branch off of the original series? As with SimCity make an online game sure but have the good ole standby up and running first. Then if/when the online doesn't work, you still have a backup!!
    On the SimCity site people are still looking for more and would love to have EP for SC. I agree, I would have loved to have had a EP with farming and such since it is offline and plays great. Instead they just washed their hands of the whole game, without a backward glance for their Long time loyal customers!!

Reminds me of the story about "Killing the Goose that lays the golden eggs!". ;)

edit name correction; Lucy Bradshaw is in charge of TS & now closed SimCity and SimCity Buildit.
    Post edited by Terrylin on
  • Options
    JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    Morning everyone...

No one is baiting anyone. Today when your stuff pack comes out and it has nothing but a few items are you going to be happy? There is a reason the stuff pack is only $10.00. EA doesn't market a huge pack for half the price of a Game Pack, especially when Stuff Packs 10 years ago (that were stuff packed with items) were $20.00. They also should have just taken that stuff and put it in either the base game, or in the expansion or in the game pack instead of expecting us to spend even more money on useless party times.

Moving on...

When Sims 2 was being created I am sure the Sims 2 team & Will Wright spent many hours working over time, working off the clock, taking work home with them. This was what is done when you want to make an amazing product, this is what is done when you believe in your job, this is what is done when you want to take pride in your work, this is what was done by our parents, by our grandparents and by our great grandparents. They didn't worry about being popular or about offending someone, they didn't let someone tell them it can't be done, they did what it took. I don't think that can be said about the Sims 4 team. I don't see them taking work home with them or working longs hours, or working off the clock. They spend more time tweeting about going to the movies then fixing bugs or even finding out what bugs there are.

My husband who works with the public says that the hires coming in today do not get what is required to succeed. That most (NOT ALL) need their hands held, have no common sense, you can't say anything to them because they become easily offended, god forbid you tell them to work harder and get off their phones because they break down and can't handle criticism, don't bother asking them to stay over because they won't.

Bravo, that's so true it deserves repeating. Great post!

Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Options
    PandaORosePandaORose Posts: 549 Member
    edited May 2015
    I'll probably do a vlog sometime this week about how EA doesn't care and BEG competent gaming companies to create a life sim and BEG sims fans to come together to create a life sim. I mean, it's prime time now. With EA and the devs not willing to listen, somebody should get their hands into this market. Competition is needed BADLY. I'm at the point now where I am fed up and can't trust these devs. Somebody has to do something, whether my idea is a failure or not. At least I'm trying for alternatives. I mean, what's the point of raising my voice, typing out my frustrations, if EA is not going to listen anyways? I can try to send my voice else where to people who might listen. And kudos for those who are going to write to the higher ups of this company. At least you guys are doing something!

Idk. If the sims franchise completely ends, I will be dressed in all black, wearing a black church hat and a grayed out plumbob on my hat. And I will be blaming every soulless individual at EA. I really hope it doesn't end.

tumblr_n4gzdzUeio1tziei6o1_500.gif
    2750512.gif~c200

• Options
    WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member
    What really makes me mad is how EA/Maxis has gone back to their old ways of treating their long term customers (Simmers) like piles of horse hockey. It's intolerable and inexcusable.
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.