Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Elevate Your Creativity Building Contest - Closed - Winners Announced

Comments

• Options
    babycakemombabycakemom Posts: 725 Member
    @Nhicks , Thank you so much! Your build is fabulous! I especially like the study, the color is wonderful!!
  • Options
    @KurtisBallinger , thank you!!! It looks like one if the rugs repositioned itself before the pic, argh!!! That darned ole Moo can be so touchy sometimes!!! Your build is awesome and you did such a fine job matching your inspiration pic! I love modern houses!!!
  • Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Thank you for your entry @babycakemom!
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    Let's see what I've got for today's inspiration:

insp12_zpsb1kukvbc.jpg
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    I've got some good news to share. Thanks to the kindness of an anonymous donor, I can now offer a runner-up prize of a game code for the Luxury Party stuff pack! :)
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Okay, I was wondering if we're allowed to decorate our home with paintings my sims make?
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Absolutely, @pammiechick, I'm always a fan of personalized spaces. :)
  • Options
    kezflakekezflake Posts: 124 Member
    Thanks for the reply @BryonyRae
    You're adding some really cool inspiration pics and they're getting me thinking how can I build this and how can I build that.
  • Options
    kezflakekezflake Posts: 124 Member
    @babycakemom love the lot you shared and I can really see this inspiration in your picture. Very creative use of moo in kitchen.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,614 Member
    edited May 2015
    Mansion Up The Hill is a very nice home! @babycakemom :) The exterior design of the home is very nice! The tower on the roof looks nice! Very nice roofing in the build! The wishing well in the front garden of the build is very nice! The sun decor is a nice touch on the front of the roof over the well, and the flowers look very pretty around the edges of the well! It looks very nice how you have placed the hedging on the sides of the lot, and to the line the edges of the front footpath and front porch. The floor patterning on the edges of the build and in the front steps area looks very nice! The placement of the windows in the build looks nice. It is great that you have a beanstalk tree in the build! The trellis covered outdoors garden area is so very nice! The floor patterning is so very nice! Sims will enjoy growing and harvesting plants in the planters there.The hedging looks very nice on the roof. The children's playground area is very nice! Children will have lots of fun playing on the monkey bars and pirate ship there, outdoors in the air. The dragon and gnome there look cute! Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! The sunken living room is very nice! It looks so very nice how you have placed the sofas there! It looks very nice how you have placed the white lights between the sofas and have placed plants around the edge backs of the sofas. The green and brown colour scheme of the area looks very nice! The patterning on the floor looms very nice there too! The patterning of the ground and floor through the build both outdoors and inside looks so very nice! Very nice design of the kitchen and dining rooms! The curved stove counter looks so very great! It looks very nice how you have placed the structures and pots over the top of it! It looks nice how you have a chess playing nook in the top level! The patterned floor rug is a nice touch under the chess table. It looks nice how you have placed the stairs in the middle of the home. Very nice kids bedrooms! The lady bug themed bedroom is very cute! The lady bug floor, and the enlarged lady bugs in different sizes looks very great! The floral green wall pattern complements the red ladybugs well! The green and red colour scheme of the bedroom looks so nice! It looks nice how you have used and layered both red and green curtains. The posters look nice how you have placed them on the bedhead pillar. The red and blue colour scheme of the boys bedroom looks very nice! The enlarged robots there are fun for the boys to see when laying in bed! The wall paneling looks great, and it looks nice how you have placed the alien pictures on the walls! The sims will like looking at them in their bedroom. It looks so very great how you have done the floor rugs in the bedroom! The nursery is very nice. The giraffe is cute there for the little child to look at when in the pram. The pram corner nook is nice, The animal wall pattern suits the nursery type of room well. The cute animal pictures look very nice how you have placed them on the corner walls! . The third level sitting and library level is very nice! The green and brown colour scheme of the level looks very nice! It looks very nice how you have done the patterning on the floor! Very nice angled armchairs windows sitting nook! Sims will enjoy sitting relaxing on the chairs there having a read of a book from the bookcases. The study desk alcove is nice! Sims will enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer with sunlight coming in through the window.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • Options
    PahpayPahpay Posts: 381 Member
    Announcing Mackinac Modern Mission. This is a four level home built for this challenge with a rustic mission-vibe, open concept kitchen, spacious backyard with outdoor kitchen. There is a master with a closet and on-suite plus a small guest bedroom and two other bedroom areas including a kids room fit for twin or two siblings. On the fourth level is an art and music area as well as the second bathroom and a small guest bedroom. In total there are four bedrooms, and two bathrooms. The garage and first level has a photo studio and gym. There is also an outdoor kitchen, pool, and kids play area. The main level has the open-concept kitchen with a breakfast bar and breakfast table, a dining room, and a living room. The balcony overlooks the front yard and the bedroom on the main floor is closed off from the other areas. The third floor has two bedrooms and a bathroom. One bedroom is a children's oasis with everything they could ever want and all the SECRETS to childhood success. The other bedroom is the master bedroom with a closet and on-suite bathroom. There are two balconies on this level one overlooking the front and the other looks over the backyard. The fourth level boast high-ceilings a gorgeous open art area with a grand piano, easel, violin, and guitar. A small guest bedroom is right next to the spa-worthy bathroom. This 40 X 30 property is something you need to see to really appreciate as the pictures do not capture all the details and accents put into each room.
    thesims.com/gallery/E64361E2FF2511E4807CBD43B4501D7D?category=lots&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Four%20Level%20Modern%20Mission&max=25
    2rp4a44.jpg2nreptw.jpg9ji1rt.jpg2d7c5y0.jpg261emup.jpg2lcora.jpg20k98hk.jpg
  • Options
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    Absolutely, @pammiechick, I'm always a fan of personalized spaces. :)

Awesome! <3 Thx!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Just realized that I should let contestants know that I have not gotten the new Luxury Party stuff pack (and am not planning to do so at this point), so I'm afraid that I have to ask that you please refrain from using its content in your build for this competition. I know it has some cool, new build objects, so I'm sorry if I'm disappointing anyone! I have updated the contest rules regarding this as well.
  • Options
    Thank you for your entry @Pahpay!
  • Options
    Mackinac Modern Mission is a very nice home! @Pahpay :) The exterior of the home is very nice! You have reflected your inspiration picture home so well! The towers and the roofing looks so very nice! The texture of the exterior is nice. The placement of the windows in the build looks very nice.Very nice outdoors areas! The pool and playground area is very nice! Sims will enjoy swimming in the pool, and child sims will have fun playing on the monkey bars and pirate ship. Sims will enjoy sitting outdoors at the diming table eating meals in the sunshine and outdoors air. The garage, gym and photo studio level is great! Sims will enjoy keeping fit using the fitness equipment there, as well as enjoy taking photos of family and friends. The water fountain feature beside the front steps is very pretty! It is very nice for sims to enjoy seeing when coming to climb up the steps. Very nice layout of the interior of the home! Very nice windows alcove music room! Sims will enjoy the sunshine coming in onto them through the windows whilst they are enjoying playing the piano. The children's bedroom is nice. The green colour of the walls looks nice, and the toys look cute at the base of the beds! The children will enjoy doing experiments on the science table. It is nice that you have study desks in the room for them to sit and read or do their homework at the tables. The red and brown colour scheme of the master bedroom looks nice. The design of the kitchen is nice. Sims will enjoy sitting at the island bar stool counter eating their meals and chatting. Very nice open plan living and dining area. Nice sofa seating living room area for sims to enjoy sitting resting on the sofa watching TV and warming up in front of the fireplace . Sim will enjoy sitting at the side table reading a book from the nearby bookcase. The teaset is a nice home touch on top of the dining table.
    It is a very nice home :)
  • Options
  • Options
    gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    Hi @BryonyRae , I was just curious, will the judges be providing feedback?
  • Options
    aquiliferaquilifer Posts: 206 Member
    edited May 2015
    Somewhere in the Landgraab family tree, a great uncle or lost cousin decided that he needed a nice country home where he and his family could get away from the city and its stench of poor people. Being of the nouveau riche and not able to recognize elegance of design himself, he decided that he would ask the first "European" he came across for advice. On the way home from the polo club that evening, he spotted a man wearing black and white and thought to himself, "A mime! He must be French. I will ask him what sort of house I should build in the countryside."

Mr. Landgraab had no idea that mimes were generally silent, so he was not at all surprised when the man answered him. "Ah, oui monsieur, I know zee perfect house." The man described an old-world manor he once visited as a boy, not twenty miles outside of Paris. Mr. Landgraab knew he had found his house! "But, why build a copy, when you could fly the original over brick by brick and stone by stone?" the man asked him. Mr. Landgraab loved the idea; it made perfect sense that his country house should come from . . . well . . . a different country! He hired the man on the spot to arrange for having the house shipped overseas one piece at a time and reassembled on his new property.

The man in black and white was very efficient, and soon enough construction began on rebuilding the French manor. In no time at all, Mr. Landgraab had the perfect ostentatiously vulgar display of his wealth, and delighted in inviting friends and family from far and wide to come spend a weekend with him. So pleased was he with his new country estate, in fact, that he never noticed that the house had no doors. The man in black and white was actually a cartoonishly stereotypical thief, and had left the doors in France on purpose. He knew that Mr. Landgraab was more interested in flashy appearances than in substance, and certainly had enough money to throw around that he would not notice if any were missing. So, the thief planned to leave the doors off of the manor, where he could pay a visit himself any time he chose and steal from the estate. After all, there were no doors to lock him out! One painting, one sculpture, one visiting aunt's purse at a time, the thief began confiscating the Landgraab fortune. Mr. Landgraab would notice that things were missing, but he could never figure out what was going on. "I have such big, tall, sturdy gates!" he thought to himself. "No one could possibly be stealing from me, when I am so well protected." He was not what you would call an intelligent man. "If things are disappearing from my house, it must be haunted! Ghosts must be responsible for this!" Deathly afraid of ghosts, and suddenly without as much money to throw around as before, Mr. Landgraab decided to sell his country home as quickly as he could. The thief approached him and offered to buy the manor for a price that, curiously enough, was exactly the same amount as all of the money he had stolen from the purses of Mr. Landgraab's woefully unfortunate aunts and other guests. Mr. Landgraab thought, "This man always shows up exactly when I need him! I am so lucky." And he sold the house to the thief, happy to escape the threat of the ghosts. When he moved in, the thief decorated the manor with all of the paintings and sculptures which he had stolen over time from that same building, and lived out his days in peace and quiet, with never a haunting to disturb him.

And now the Country Estate can be yours. It was originally built on a 3000x4000 lot, but most of that land has been sold off in recent years, and it is now reduced to 30x40. The post office, for some reason, designates this lot the "Willow Creek Museum Plot," though no one knows why. Fully furnished, it costs $476,741. It comes with four bedrooms, 4.5 bathrooms, an elegant dining room and kitchen, a main entry hall often used as a ballroom and currently set up for musical entertainment, a study, a living room, a children's play room, a storage attic, and a gym. It has a lovely enclosed garden bursting with color in an overgrown English style, and the fanciest roofing in town, which can easily be seen by looking out of any of the windows at the top of the tower. Plus, no front doors! It's perfect for the Sim who likes to welcome the whole town over for a visit, whether they were invited or not!

Origin ID: dracifer
    NoCC
    The gallery link is currently broken. I will link it here as soon as it is available.

Inspiration photograph:Country%20Estate%201_zps6adcyre9.jpg
    I used this more as general inspiration than as a specific building plan, but you can see the general structure of the central part of the building in this picture: the arched dormers, the three-by-three windows and doors, the stairs along the whole front side. I borrowed the arched structure of the dormers for the top of the tower, and added my own embellishments all around.
    05-20-15_10-36nbspAM_zpsxhtjhdxj.png
    05-20-15_10-43nbspAM_zpsfkwtqdc2.png
    05-20-15_10-55nbspAM_zpsfu5ky1i9.png
    05-20-15_10-46nbspAM_zpsaxj5sqat.png
    05-20-15_10-49nbspAM-2_zpsp8hzpkm3.png
    05-20-15_10-49nbspAM_zpsxmyxe2ql.png
    05-20-15_10-48nbspAM_zps9x3giamc.png
  • Options
    You are so very creative with your background story to the home! @aquilifer :) I enjoyed reading it ! The history of the home will always be attached to the home for all simmers that read the story behind it and download it! Country Estate is a very nice home! The exterior design of it is so very nice! The roofing, dormers and towers look so very nice! The clock tower looks great! It looks very nice how you have placed the windows in the build! It looks very nice how you have used the pillars and columns in the build. It looks very nice how you have designed the gates! It is great that you have arches rather than a front door! The water fountain feature in the front courtyard area of the build looks very nice. The flowers look very pretty how you have placed them on the side edges of the courtyard. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The music room is very nice! Very nice red and white colour scheme of the room. The patterning on the floor looks very nice! It looks great that you have double fireplaces in the room. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofa and armchair listening to the music from the grand piano, with the nice sights of the floral painting and flowers on the tables to look at whilst sitting there. The musical themed picture on the wall suits the type of room. Very nice design and furnishing of the kitchen! The brown and green colour scheme of the room looks nice. Nice eat in dining area. It looks very nice how you have placed the cabinets and the kitchen curtains! The wall paneling is nice. Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar. Very elegant dining room! The type of dining seats that you have used looks nice and suits well the type of home. It looks great that you have placed seats at the ends of the table as well as on the sides. The patterned floor rug complements well with the colour of the chairs. The grandfather clock and the tea set on the dining table are nice home touches in the room. The flowers on the fireplace ledge and the window table adds nice touches to the room, and are nice for sims to see whilst sitting there enjoying eating a meal. The candlelights standing lamp add to the elegance. The study and library room looks very nice! The red flooring creates a very nice look in the room! Sims will enjoy relaxing on the sofas or arnchairs reading a book from the bookcases or have fun playing chess at the chess table. It looks very nice how you have placed the bookcases on the wall edges! Nice study desk nook area for sims to enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer with sunlight coming in through the window behind them. The type and placement of the red curtains in the room looks very nice! The wall paneling adds to the richness look of the room. The portrait on the fireplace wall suits the Estate.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    @aquilifer I admire all your builds! I'm one of your followers. Beautiful manor. Wow! <3

@BryonyRae I am sad! But thanks for letting us know before I got too involved. The pack is great if you play--not much for building. I have made sims for my build to showcase it and the gorgeous outfits and hair are perfect! At least I can use them! LOL!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks for your entry @aquilifer! I saw it on the Gallery in game and downloaded it, but you're right, the online gallery won't bring it up for some reason. You may want to try sharing it one more time.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    @gmcrozier I have not asked the other judges to provide me with any notes, just scores. However, I do take notes, so if you would like some feedback from me, just PM me. Please let me know if it's general feedback (i.e. BnS style) or if you're looking for something specific.
  • Options
    Today's inspiration:

Sugamo-Shinkin-Bank-by-Emmanuelle-Moureaux_dezeen_468_2.jpg

How much fun is this? :)
  • Options
    The inspiration picture is very great! :) It is so very colourfully nice! The design of it really is fun Bryony! The plants in the balconies look nice too.
  • Options
    xovaleexovalee Posts: 273 Member
    Ahhhh I so wanted to enter this contest but alas I have a new member status and can't post links or photos so maybe another time. There are a lot of beautiful lots posted so far. I don't envy the judges. Good luck to everyone :)