Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

babycakemom Showcase Thread - **Mint Julep**

babycakemombabycakemom Posts: 725 Member
edited August 2017 in The Sims 4 Lots
Ok everyone, I am going to try to do this Showcase thread. I have been building like a mad woman here lately and I really want to let people see what I have done. I have been playing Sims since Sims 2. I love to build and decorate and I started building in Sims 3.. I had a lot of encouragement from my Sim friends (especially BD5141, @BD5141, thank you my friend!). My first builds weren't very good at all and pretty laughable, some of my builds now are laughable as well. :smiley:
I do not use mods, no cc in any of my builds. I do use building cheats like MOO...I love that cheat. You can make some pretty cool stuff with that.
I hope you enjoy my builds and I will put a little on here at a time. Be kind to me, I am not so good at picture uploading. LOL

Post edited by babycakemom on

Comments

• babycakemombabycakemom Posts: 725 Member
    This one is called Tiny Fantasy Cottage. Tiny it is...

04-25-15_7-19nbspPM_1.png

Here is the inside:

04-25-15_7-28nbspPM.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    It is nice that you have set up a showcase thread for your builds :)
    Tiny Fantasy Cottage is very nice and pretty ! :) The exterior design of the home is very nice! The tower is very nice! The windows look nice how you have placed them on the tower. It looks nice how you have an angled corner entrance to the home. The roof covered entry area is nice. The spandrels look nice how you have used them. The flower box windows look pretty. It looks nice how you have done the front paving pathway. The lavender plants are nice homely touches either sides of the front porch. Very nice layout of the interior! The pink patterned floor rug looks very pretty near the sofa. The butterflies picture on the bathroom wall is very nice for sims to see as they are having a restful bath. Very nice windows alcove bed room! The curtains on the windows there look nice, and the flower light tree is a nice pretty touch in the room. Nice book nook alcove. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofa reading a book, and watching TV. The flowers on the dining table are nice for sims to enjoy seeing whilst eating their meals. The floral curtains in the kitchen and bathroom look very nice. The blue and pink colour scheme of the interior of the home looks nice.
    It is a very nice home :)
    @rosemow, thank you so much for the fabulous comment. Thank you for looking so closely at my build and noticing all the details. You are a kind soul.
  • bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    Tiny Fantasy Cottage is a gorgeous build. Looking forward to downloading it.
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

@kamb1403, Oh, well thank you so much! :smiley:
    edited April 2015
    This one is one that I finished today called Country Living. It has three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a garden and a pool room.

Front:

04-25-15_8-29nbspPM.png

Back:

04-25-15_8-30nbspPM.png

Arial View:

04-25-15_8-34nbspPM.png

Kitchen and Dining:

04-25-15_8-22nbspPM.png

Living Room:

04-25-15_8-23nbspPM.png

Bathroom:

04-25-15_8-24nbspPM.png
    Girl's Room:

04-25-15_8-25nbspPM.png

Boy's Room:

04-25-15_8-25nbspPM-2.png

Master Bedroom:

04-25-15_8-26nbspPM.png

Master Bath and Closet:

04-25-15_8-27nbspPM.png

Pool Room:

04-25-15_8-19nbspPM.png
    edited April 2015
    The next build is called Red Victorian Way. I built it in March this year. It has three bedrooms and two bathrooms.

dedd0e1c-755b-4c1f-bdb6-bf4e1d873c70.png

[IMG][/img]04-25-15_10-10nbspPM.png

04-25-15_10-02nbspPM_2.png

04-25-15_10-09nbspPM-2.png

04-25-15_10-06nbspPM.png

04-25-15_10-06nbspPM-2.png

04-25-15_10-07nbspPM.png

04-25-15_10-07nbspPM-2.png

04-25-15_10-07nbspPM-3.png

04-25-15_10-08nbspPM.png

04-25-15_10-08nbspPM-2.png

04-25-15_10-09nbspPM.png
    Post edited by babycakemom on
    Country Living is a very nice home! :) The extrerior design of the home is very nice! Very nice roofing! The dormer is nice. Very nice wraparound porch! The flowers look so very pretty how you have placed them on the edges of the home, and around the water fountain! The greenery trellis covered back porch is very nice! It looks great how you have used the pillars there. The sculptures with the top hats look very nice how you have placed them on top of the trellis. Nice gardening nook area for sims to enjoy growing and harvesting plants in the gardening boxes there. It looks nice how you have placed the hedge fencing on the edges of the home. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! The pool room is so very nice! It looks very nice how you have done the shape of the pool like a four leaf clover, and the black and white tiling around the edges of the pool looks so very effective and nice! The large sun decor item looks nice on the wall. The yellow colour of the walls looks sunny and nice. The awnings are nice touches on the wall. Very nice kitchen and dining area. The hanging pots are nice touches in the kitchen and it looks great how you have a fridge nook. The wall pattern in the dining area is restful for the sims to see when eating their meals. The wooden flooring in the home looks nice. It looks nice how you have used the other flooring to separate off the kitchen. The living room fireplace sitting area is very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofa and armchair there, warming up near the fire and watching TV. The vases of flowers look nice how you have placed them either sides of the TV. and the candles on the fireplace ledge and behind the sofa are nice touches in the room. The lights look very nice how you have placed them either sides of the shelves ledges on the side wall! The red colour of the wall, floor rug, candles and vases go well with the brick texture of the fireplace wall and side wall. Very nice furnishing of the bathroom! It looks nice how you have done the mirror for the sink counter and the candles look nice either sides of the sink. The plants either ends of the bath tub are nice touches of green for sims to enjoy seeing whilst bathing. The patterned floor rug there looks nice. The girls room is so pretty! It looks very nice how you have done the curtains! The colour scheme of the room is very nice. The flowers look nice and pretty on the tables in front each of the curtained windows. It looks nice how you have placed the smaller pink floor rugs either sides of the bigger horse themed rug. The blue colour scheme of the boys room looks very nice. Nice texture of the walls. It looks very nice how you have placed the bed in a corner of windows. The sims will like waking up to the sunlight coming in onto them. The enlarged helicopter looks great on the dresser! Very nice furnishing and layout of the master bedroom! It looks so very nice how you have placed the curtains to separate off a sofa sitting and reading area! The bookcases look nice how you have placed them either sides of the sofa. The wooden texture of the bedhead wall look nice, and the plants are nice touches on the bedside tables. The master bath and clothes closet looks so very nice! Nice triangular bath tub nook! The mirror and the wall planterboxes look nice there. The multi coloured floor rug adds to the nice look of the room. It looks very nice how you have placed the clothes shelves and shoes racks!
    Red Victorian Way is very nice too! :) Very nice design of the home and the red colour of the exterior looks nice. The wraparound porch is very nice! The gazebo type roof area of the porch is very nice! It looks very nice how you have used the spandrels in the porch. The flowers look so very pretty on the edges of the home! The roofing on the home is very nice! Very nice layout of the interior of the home. Very nice kitchen! The pink and white colour scheme of the kitchen looks pretty. The island bar stool counter is very nice! It looks nice how you have the round curved area at the end of the counter. The basket of eggs, teaset , hanging pans and plates wall decor are nice kitchen touches in the room. The pink curtains complement well the colour scheme of the room. The placement of the kitchen cabinets looks nice. The floral pattern on the walls in the dining room and the flowers on the table are nice for sims to see as they sit there enjoying eating their meals. The living room TV watching and reading area is nice. It looks nice how you have angled the TV into the corner, and the pictures look nice the way you have placed them either sides on the corner walls. The vertical row of keys items looks nice. The blue floor rug looks nice with the blue seating. The patterns and colours of the walls in the bedrooms look very nice. The sunflowers picture on the bedhead wall in the blue bedroom is nice and sunny for the sims to see when waking. The two coloured towels in the master bathroom looks nice, and the green and pink coloured patterned floor rug looks nice there. The bathroom wall tiling is nice. It is nice that you have placed a triangular bathtub in the corner for sims to enjoy bathing in.
    Both homes are very nice :)
    Your new builds are gorgeous too. I love your colour palettes.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, rosemow and kamb1403
    edited April 2015
    The build I would like to share with you today is called Modern Aloha. This is my first attempt at a "modernesc" mini mansion. I have made several "little" modern lots but not a sizeable one like this. I made it earlier in the month this April 2015. It is one bedroom, one bath (I know right!!) maybe for that rich kid just starting out...lol

Front View:
    04-26-15_7-15nbspAM.png

Side View:
    04-26-15_7-16nbspAM-2.png

04-26-15_7-16nbspAM.png

Back View:
    04-26-15_7-15nbspAM-2.png

Night View:
    04-26-15_7-17nbspAM.png

Study/Living Room:
    04-26-15_7-12nbspAM.png

04-26-15_7-11nbspAM.png

04-26-15_7-10nbspAM.png

Bathroom:
    04-26-15_7-07nbspAM.png

Kitchen:
    04-26-15_7-12nbspAM-2.png

04-26-15_7-09nbspAM-2.png

Bedroom:
    04-26-15_7-13nbspAM.png

04-26-15_7-13nbspAM-2.png
    Modern Aloha is a very nice home! :) Very nice exterior design and layout of the home! The outdoors areas are very nice! Very nice pool area! It looks very nice how you have pool lilypad water fountain feature with the fountain from the water flowing up between the open roofing! The chequered front pathway looks very nice! The hedging and tree plants look very nice on the edges of the pool and around the building. Nice outdoors umbrella covered table nook for sims to enjoy eating a meal at the table in the outdoors air. The large sun decor beside the front door and the planter boxes are nice for sims to see as they enter the home Very nice upper patio pool area too! It looks very nice how you have placed the orange chairs either sides of the large plant vases. The orange colour looks sunny. Sims will have fun swimming in the pool or enjoy resting poolside on the seats in the sunshine. The trees look nice in the corner nooks. The design of the build is very nice! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! Very nice living room and study!The orange and yellow colour scheme of the room looks very nice. It looks very nice how you have placed the sofas and armchairs there. Sims will enjoy looking out through the windows at the water fountain feature whilst sitting there talking to each other and having a read. The white lamps look nice there. Nice reading armchair nook between the bookcase. The yellow flowers picture on the nook wall and the orange floor rug are nice sunny touches for sims to enjoy seeing whilst sitting there. The brown and green colour scheme of the bathroom looks very nice. Very nice design and furnishing of the kitchen! The pink colour scheme of the area looks very nice! It looks nice how you have used a variety of different coloured bar stools and dining seats. Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar. It looks very nice how you have overlapped the different coloured circular floor rugs, and the way you have placed the lights on the edges of the music themed pictures on the wall looks so very nice! Very nice window dining area! Sims will enjoy the sunshine coming in through the windows whilst eating their meals. The bedroom is very nice! Nice blue colour scheme of the room. The cabinets look nice placed either sides of the dresser. The blossom plants on the bedside tables, the large orange flowers picture on the bedside wall and the flowers on the dresser are all very nice for sims to see whilst laying in bed.The varied coloured circle floor rugs look nice in the room.
    It is a very nice home ! :)
  • NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    So Happy you started a thread! Can't wait to see Moe :)
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
    @rosemow, I just have to say that your detailed observations and written words are fabulous!! I really appreciate you taking the time to really look at everyone' builds. It means a great deal to me. I looked around at other posts you made for other members and they got the same courteous, detailed comments as well. That is just simply amazing to me. Thank you!! :)

@Nhicks, thank you for your interest in my builds. There will surely be more to come, as I just simply LOVE to build!! TTFN :D
    edited April 2015
    How about a Fairy Garden? I made this about two weeks ago. I tried to make it look the miniature fairy gardens you see. The house is very small but cute with everything you need. I picture a grandmother or fairy living here. Do you love gnomes???

04-26-15_7-16nbspPM.png

04-26-15_7-16nbspPM-2.png

04-26-15_7-16nbspPM-3.png

04-26-15_7-18nbspPM-2.png

04-26-15_7-18nbspPM.png

04-26-15_7-17nbspPM.png

04-26-15_7-06nbspPM.png

04-26-15_7-07nbspPM.png

04-26-15_7-06nbspPM-2.png

04-26-15_7-09nbspPM.png
    Your Fairy Garden home is so very nice! :) It is very lovely! The enlarged gnomes throughout the outdoors areas are so very cute! Your placement of them are very nice! It looks very nice how you have done the outdoors areas! The river running through the gardens looks very nice! The lily pads in the water and the rocks on the edges of the river looks very nice. The flowers look very pretty on the edges of the pathway leading to the umbrella covered table. Sims will very much enjoy sitting at the table there with such very nice gnomes, water and flowers surroundings! It is a nice setting for spending time outdoors. It looks very nice how you have done the raised pathway and bridge over the water, leading to the front door ! It looks nice how you have stairs going up from both the left and right hand sides. The stairs leading to the upper patio sitting area on the right hand side of the build looks very nice too. It is nice that you have placed butterflies themed seats there, for sims to enjoy sitting chatting in the sunshine enjoying the views of the garden. The flower lamp trees look very pretty. The ghost gnomes look great on the tree trunks! The exterior of the home building is very nice! Very nice roofing! The rosette is a nice touch on the front exterior of the home. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home. The blue colour of the walls looks nice. The colourful plumbobs picture on the kitchen wall is a nice colourful sight for sims to enjoy seeing whilst cooking their meals. The overlapping blue coloured circle floor rugs look nice there. The flower trees lamps look pretty either sides of the bed. Nice window sofa sitting area in the bedroom for sims to enjoy resting there with the sunlight coming in onto them through the windows. It looks nice how you have placed the TV on the bedhead wall for sims to enjoy watching TV whilst sitting on the sofa. The trees prints on the wall suit the fairy gardens theme of the home very well! The lavender flowers in the front entrance area near the front door are nice for sims to see as they enter the home.
    It is a very nice home! The outdoors areas are so nice! The flowers in the outdoors areas are very pretty! The gnomes throughout the outdoors are very cute! :)
    edited April 2015
    This one is called Pretty in White. It is the very first build I did when I got Sims 4. I made the house to go with the Mr. Clean I made. The house has two bedrooms and one bath.

Front:
    04-27-15_5-44nbspPM.png

Aerial:
    04-27-15_5-49nbspPM-2.png

Dining:
    04-27-15_5-45nbspPM.png

Kitchen:
    04-27-15_5-46nbspPM.png

Bathroom:
    04-27-15_5-46nbspPM-2.png

Study:
    04-27-15_5-47nbspPM-2.png

Bedroom:
    04-27-15_5-47nbspPM-3.png

Bedroom:
    04-27-15_5-47nbspPM.png

Living Room:
    04-27-15_5-48nbspPM.png

Night:
    04-27-15_5-49nbspPM.png
    Pretty in White is very nice! :) The white colour of the exterior of the home looks nice. Very nice tower. The water fountains feature in the front area of the home looks very pretty! It looks very nice how you have done the fenced front pathway. The terrain painting on the pathway looks nice. Very nice front porch! It looks nice how you have used the columns there, and the flower box windows look pretty. The lavender plants are nice homely touches in the garden which look nice with the white exterior of the home. Very nice layout of the interior of the home! The kitchen and dining areas are very nice! The texture of the walls, and the way you have placed the planter box windows at different levels on the walls looks very nice. The gnome looks cute on the dining area window pedestal! He is watching on whilst the sims are dining! The curtains look nice how you have placed them there. The pig, basket of eggs, and the cutlery and menu board on the walls are nice home touches in the kitchen for sims to see when preparing meals. The paving in the front entry area and living room is very nice. It looks nice how you have placed the sofa and have angled the armchairs in the living room. Sims will enjoy resting on the seating having a drink from the bar whilst watching TV. The camera is a nice home touch on the coffee table. It looks nice how you have placed the table over the fireplace and have candles on top of it. Very nice bathroom! The butterflies pictures and the towels look nice how you have placed them at slightly different levels on the bathtub wall and the plants look great placed beside the tub. The butterflies are a pretty sight to see when bathing. The study is nice. It looks great how you have angled the bookcase into the corner. Sims will enjoy sitting at the desk nook corner table reading a book or using the computer, and the pencils and books decor are nice touches on the table. Sims will like painting on the easel there too, with sunlight coming in through the windows. It looks very nice how you have placed the musician themed pictures on the bedhead wall in one of the double bedrooms! It looks nice! The pink floor rug looks nice with the colours of the pictures. The placement of the windows at different levels on the side wall in the room looks nice too. The blue and white coloured walls and the clouds prints on the bedhead wall in the other bedroom is restful looking for sleeping.
  • masajomasajo Posts: 6,004 Member
    Wonderful showcase with fabulous builds, The Fairy Garden is very beautiful :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    @rosemow, Again thank you very much for the wonderful critique! I really appreciate your thoughtfulness. @masajo thank you, I am so glad you like The Fairy Garden. Thank you for the encouragement!!
    edited April 2015
    Do you like green?? A happy Sim sure does. This builds name is Happy Sim Villa. It is whimsical and bright. It has two bedrooms and two baths, upstairs is open to the downstairs. There is a plumbob fountain and a play area for the kids.

04-28-15_5-42nbspPM-2.png

04-28-15_5-42nbspPM.png

04-28-15_5-53nbspPM_1.png

04-28-15_6-13nbspPM.png

04-28-15_5-50nbspPM_1.png

04-28-15_5-49nbspPM.png

04-28-15_5-50nbspPM-2_1.png

04-28-15_6-11nbspPM.png

04-28-15_5-49nbspPM-2.png

04-28-15_5-51nbspPM.png

04-28-15_5-48nbspPM-2.png

04-28-15_5-47nbspPM.png

04-28-15_5-48nbspPM.png

Happy Sim Villa is a very nice green, black and white themed home! :) The large green plumbob on top of the roof looks great! The green plumbob water fountain and flowers feature at the front of the home looks very pretty! It looks very nice how you have placed the hedging and trees on the corners of the front porch. The children's play area is so very cute and very colourful! It looks great! The enlarged gnomes there look great! The kids will have fun playing on the monkey bars. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The living room is very nice! Nice green and white colour scheme of the room. It looks nice how you have placed green and white circular floor rugs on the floor and the white seating looks nice with the green walls. The flowers are pretty touches on the side tables next to the sofa. It looks nice how you have angled the armchairs into the corners of the room. Sims will enjoy sitting chatting there. Very nice study desk table nook. The black, white and green colours look nice how you have used them in the room. The yin yang floor rug looks nice, and the way you have placed the two green versions of the same picture on the wall and the black version above them creates a great look and effect! Very nice kitchen! The black marble flooring is very nice! The overlapping white, black and green circle rugs look very nice on the black marble. It is nice that you have a curved bar stool counter. Very nice dining table area. It looks very nice that you have used alternating coloured dining seats. The fruit bowl on the table is nice for sims to see when eating meals there. The bathroom is very nice! The plumbobs pictures on the walls look very colourfully nice! The floor patterning is nice, and it looks great how you have placed plants in the corners of the room. The black, green and white coloured towels on the wall gives a very nice look on the room. The planters boxes and colourful plumbob picture on the upstairs landing is a very nice sight for sims to enjoy seeing when coming up the stairs! The upstairs bedrooms and bathroom are very nice! The colours you have used in the rooms give such a nice look to the rooms! The colourful floor rugs look nice how you have placed them in the rooms. The sunflowers picture in the green bathroom is a sunny touch, and the awnings look nice placed over the bedhead and on the side wall of one of the bed rooms . It looks nice the curtains that you have used in the other bedroom. The planter box looks nice above the curtain. It looks very nice how you have placed the musician themed pictures and lights beside the bath tub in the purple themed bathroom!
    It is a very nice and happy home! :)
    Loving your new builds. Fairy Garden is my favourite.

edited April 2015
    This is a build I just finished called Breezy Hideaway. This one bedroom, rustic cabin has it's own working outhouse!!!!

04-28-15_8-15nbspPM.png

04-28-15_8-12nbspPM.png

04-28-15_8-12nbspPM-2.png

04-28-15_8-04nbspPM.png

04-28-15_8-06nbspPM.png

04-28-15_8-04nbspPM-2.png

04-28-15_8-07nbspPM.png

04-28-15_8-08nbspPM-2.png

04-28-15_8-09nbspPM.png

04-28-15_8-10nbspPM.png

Breezy Hideaway is a very nice cabin! :) The wooden texture of the exterior looks nice and the stone textured chimney is nice on the roof. It looks very nice how you have placed the garden planters and flowers in the front area to create a pathway! The log themed seat benches and stump tables look nice on the front porch. Sims will enjoy sitting resting there in the outdoors air. It looks nice how you have placed both left and right hand side open shutter windows. Sims will have fun playing horseshoes. It looks great that you have an outhouse in the build! The trees look very nice beside the outhouse and coming through the front part of the roof! The lamp is a nice touch on the tree. The rocks and flowers looks very nice how you placed them on the edges of the pathway leading to the outhouse. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The living room area is very nice! Very nice fireplace area! It looks very nice how you have used the columns there! The way you have positioned the pictures either sides of the fireplace looks very nice! It looks nice how you have placed bookcases on each sides of the pictures too. The placement of the little wall lights look nice! Nice fireplace alcove. The mirror and the lamp on the ledge look great there. Sims will enjoy sitting on the sofa or armchairs having a chat and a read in front of the fire. The wooden theme of the seating suits the cabin theme. The forest themed floor rug is a nice touch there. Very nice kitchen area. It looks nice how you have placed the cabinets to create an alcove section. The fruit pictures there are nice for sims to look at whilst waiting for the meals to cook in the stove. The crates and hanging ports are nice touches in the kitchen. The wooden flooring is nice. The circles floor pattern rug looks nice in front of the counters and stove. Very nice log themed dining seating and table. The condiments are a nice touch on top of the table. Very nice bedroom! The water can with flowers is pretty for sims to see when getting up in the mornings. It looks nice how you have placed two forest themed floor rugs together under the bed. The type of windows that you have used in the build suit well the cabin theme. The family pictures on the bedhead wall look homely.
    It is a very nice cabin :)