Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Elevate Your Creativity Building Contest - Closed - Winners Announced

BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
edited June 2015 in The Sims 4 Lots
elevmainimg_zps6mw5pvmc.jpg

Welcome!

For this contest, I would like to challenge you to build an amazing new residence that utilizes all 4 levels that we now have in TS4. Since the March patch, I expected to see a deluge of 4-story creations on the Gallery, but surprisingly, there haven't been very many. Let's change that! As an added twist, and in honor of the new photography and paint by reference skills, your build should be inspired by a photograph or painting. This can be a real world piece of art or a painting or photo you create in game!

I used to run building competitions for TS3 (see here, here, and here), and I've missed doing it. I've been waiting, hoping for the addition of a store, as I like to gift lots of prizes, but since it doesn't appear we'll be getting one, what I'll do for this contest is offer a grand prize of a game code for the game pack or stuff pack of the winner's choice. Thanks to the kindness of an anonymous donor, I can now also offer a runner-up prize of a code for the Luxury Party stuff pack.

Contest Specifics:
  1. Your build must be a residence and designated as such in the game.
  2. The home must be 4 stories. Each level should be accessible to the sims. Any other levels, such as basements, are optional. Any structures you might decide to build beyond the main structure can be any level you desire. You are free to use foundation, or not, set each level's height as you desire, etc. The style of the home is also entirely up to you.
  3. Your build must be inspired by a painting or photograph - either real world or one you have created in game (via photography or paint by reference - no EA stock paintings please). The inspiration does not need to be taken literally, but we should be able to see a relation between the inspiration and finished product. The image can be of any subject (does not need to be a building).
  4. Your home should provide a minimum of 3 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, living room, kitchen, and dining room (note that open concept is perfectly acceptable). Beyond that, I leave it up to you in terms of additional spaces you might want to include inside.
  5. Lot size no larger than 40x30 please - there is no limit on a minimum size.
  6. The lot should be fully landscaped. There should be a decent amount of outdoor space; at least a backyard area that can provide play options for children and entertainment options for adults.
  7. The home should be fully furnished and decorated, inside and out (I leave types and styles entirely up to you).
  8. All interactive objects (objects that sims can use) on the lot should be functional*, and sims should be able to route to all accessible areas of the lot without errors. As this is a residence, please make sure to include a mailbox and a large garbage can.
  9. No custom content please. Content from the expansion, game pack, and promotional packs are fine, with the exception of The P.R.I.M.A. 3000 (I don't have it). I have not (and probably will not) be purchasing the Luxury Party stuff pack, so please don't include content from it either (sorry!). Debug and unlockable objects are welcome too, and feel free to use the MOO (bb.moveobjects on) cheat.
  10. There are no budget requirements.
  11. For your entry, please post an image of your inspiration painting or photo, a link to your lot on the Gallery, and 2-3 exterior images as well as 4-5 interior images of your home on the thread. If you want to link to additional pictures or a slideshow, that's fine, but please don't post more than the 8 pictures I mentioned on the thread itself. Please choose the areas you're most proud of or where you've done something interesting/unique to highlight in your photos. Please also describe the home's size (and note which lot you built it on), cost, and amenities in your entry. When you upload your entry to the Gallery, please include hashtag #elevate in your description.
  12. You must enter your own build, not someone else's. That includes EA homes; I'm not interested in a renovation or remodel.
  13. One entry per person please. You're welcome to show off any and all builds you have that fit the contest requirements, but please choose only one for consideration.
  14. You may nominate a friend to receive your prize if you win.
  15. Your entry post on the thread is final; further revisions to your entry will not be accepted once you have posted it. I typically judge entries as I receive them (only way I can keep up), so it's highly likely that I wouldn't even notice a revision anyway. Given that, please take your time, and double-check your lot, images, etc. before you post your entry.
  16. If you have built a home in the past that fits the bill for this contest, you're welcome to enter it; this contest does not require a new build.
  17. This contest will close at 11:00pm PST on June 1, 2015. There will be no extensions.

*Exceptions can be made for functionality in a case where, for the purpose of decoration, inaccessible objects are located very near/next to like accessible items. For instance, if you MOO'd a set of stacked bookcases in which the bottom bookcase is accessible even though the one above it is not, or if you placed an accessible mirror next to an inaccessible one, there would be no deduction for functionality. Please be careful with this exception; if you are uncertain about whether what you've done meets this criteria, it is probably best to err on the side of caution.

Scoring

Judges will score your entry on a 10 point scale for each of the following categories: Exterior Design, Interior Design, Landscaping, and Functionality. Scores will be averaged among judges. Your entry on the thread may also receive up to 5 additional points, so take care with those images and your description! Your judges for this competition are myself, @WrathofCath, and @Cassee.

Some additional tips:
  • If you want your build to really shine, innovate! Surprise us with something we've never seen.
  • Attention to detail always pays off.
  • Please balance design with functionality; sims need to be able to use objects and shouldn't experience routing failures.
  • Take care with your pictures and description - they are included in your score! If you take pictures in build mode, please make sure your gridlines are off (press "G"). Actually, I highly recommend taking the pictures in live mode with a sim on the lot, so that you can use camera mode (TAB) to get the best perspectives for your shots.

Final notes:

I am a busy mother of two, so my time to post and check on this thread will be limited. I will try to check on/update it at least once a day. Thus, please be patient if you have a question or comment for me - I will get back to you as soon as I can. Good luck to all who enter!

As this is my first time hosting a contest for TS4, I'm sure questions will arise that I hadn't anticipated. If any prove fundamental to the contest, I will update this post accordingly, so you can always expect to see all rules/parameters up to date here.
Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
Post edited by BryonyRae on

Comments