Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Still awaiting for EA to fix Sims 3

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,924 Member
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    If I delete the tombstone first should that be okay?

That is the same as deleting a tombstone which is the thing that deletes the Sim. It only applies to tombstones with a ghost - the ones your sim can mourn.

It would be better to find the tombstone and see if it has a ghost, and if it does move it elsewhere to avoid deleting it, then get rid of the house.
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,363 Member
    Thank you.
  • Options
    geekgirl101geekgirl101 Posts: 401 Member
    edited April 2015
    Karritz wrote: »
    Apparently it breaks the code if they have ghosts attached and ghosts are sims so it is the same as deleting a sim.

Oh man, that's probably what's killing my game right now! I often get script errors at the start of a new game about Glenda Goodwhich which is a ghost, and then by day 2 the game is crashing constantly. Only lots I've been dismantling though are the ones everyone tells me to. Maybe there's a tombstone on one of them?
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Could someone explain why deleting tombstones is dangerous? And does it cause game corruption like TS2?
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Because it doesn't completely erase the sim data, which leads to problems. Absolute game corruption? I don't know.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    I've never personally experimented by deleting ghosts to see what happens, but if you delete an occupied tombstone you also delete the ghost that belongs to the tomb and ghosts are sims and if you delete sims you corrupt the game - eventually. Apparently it doesn't necessarily crash totally immediately but it does make it corrupt eventually and you won't be able to open the game.
  • Options
    That explains a a lot. I don't like ghosts so the first thing I do when I start a new SV town is delete the graveyard, the Goth home and the tombstone at Agnes Crumplebottom's home.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    You can use NRaas Master Controller>TA to delete the ghosts before removing gravestones if you need to clear out the town.The other way can cause the game to become corrupt.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @ZeeGee, @TadOlson, I dug out an old forum link by amjoie as I once had a problem with my game because I was deleting things I shouldn't and after reading up on these things I realized what I was doing wrong, corrected myself and made some changes to every world I was playing to help with lag and other challenges.

When you follow this route it does take some time to work through and implement but it was one of my first steps in understanding the game, what I had been doing wrong and how to correct things to make the game run smoother. These days I have a template style world of every world that I use whenever I want to start a new game in that world where all the corrections have been made and all my safe player-made lots have already been added.

Also @Writin_Reg deserves an honorable mention here because this lady also knows her stuff when it comes to understanding the game and the many things that can go wrong and after following the advice of both amjoie and Writin_Reg I manged to get many of my problems resolved and under control but it does take time and effort and some players don't want to put that much effort in which I also understand. Link below:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/536956.page
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    There seem to be a lot of issues involving the Pets EP, which I finally gave up and uninstalled. Also, is there no way in heck to get rid of EA created townies? I don't want them in my town - am I forced to keep them anyway?
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    There seem to be a lot of issues involving the Pets EP, which I finally gave up and uninstalled. Also, is there no way in heck to get rid of EA created townies? I don't want them in my town - am I forced to keep them anyway?
    Only by using a mod such as MasterController to delete them properly (Totally Annihilate is the function name). That arranges it so it is as if the sims TA'ed never existed in the first place.

If you delete them via testingcheatsenabled shift-click, your game save is likely to become damaged.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    Only by using a mod such as MasterController to delete them properly (Totally Annihilate is the function name). That arranges it so it is as if the sims TA'ed never existed in the first place.

If you delete them via testingcheatsenabled shift-click, your game save is likely to become damaged.

I've been evicting every townie in town and deleting them from the clipboard. Guess this is a no-no as well? I haven't had any problems with my saved games (yet).

• Options
    Thank you for that link @SPARKY1922. So much info...head hurts...

I've started a new game and am currently chasing down ghosts with TA, DIE ghosts DIE. Some of them won't come out. I think they know I'm after them.
  • Options
    I've been evicting every townie in town and deleting them from the clipboard. Guess this is a no-no as well? I haven't had any problems with my saved games (yet).
    Oh, I was referring to the players who use cheats to delete the (digital) bodies of their sims, as that doesn't handle or clean up the sims' data properly at all.

But evicting them would make them homeless and thus subject to emigration out of town by the game itself. Hmm. Good question, that might be much less problematic. But I wouldn't want to try doing that on sims who are in the middle of their family trees; that is, those who would still have both ancestors, living or dead, and descendants left elsewhere in town after the eviction. And if you've ever traveled, some of them might still be represented in the TravelDB.package file but with only enough data to break things if they ever show up again in another world (say, as an immigrant or a tourist).

But if you're deleting the entire population of the town that way in the very beginning of a game with the intent of repopulating it yourself -- again, if you see no ill effects, that might actually be okay.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    DanielLaMontDanielLaMont Posts: 100 Member
    edited April 2015
    I think EA is done with The Sims 3 and have moved on to The Sims 4. They have a new product for you to spend thousands on. ;)
    Post edited by DanielLaMont on
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    Oh, I was referring to the players who use cheats to delete the (digital) bodies of their sims, as that doesn't handle or clean up the sims' data properly at all.

But evicting them would make them homeless and thus subject to emigration out of town by the game itself. Hmm. Good question, that might be much less problematic. But I wouldn't want to try doing that on sims who are in the middle of their family trees; that is, those who would still have both ancestors, living or dead, and descendants left elsewhere in town after the eviction. And if you've ever traveled, some of them might still be represented in the TravelDB.package file but with only enough data to break things if they ever show up again in another world (say, as an immigrant or a tourist).

But if you're deleting the entire population of the town that way in the very beginning of a game with the intent of repopulating it yourself -- again, if you see no ill effects, that might actually be okay.

I am deleting the entire population! I used to go into each household and kill them off, the grim reaper came, etc.
    Too time consuming so I thought if I deleted the whole town, any ties they had would go with them.

• Options
    The only thing I've read about deleting Sims from towns is someone has said that a few of the EA made Sims are coded into the town itself and if they are deleted it breaks the code. I've never tried deleting Sims or looking at how the code is written so can't say for sure, from my own observation, that is what happens.
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    I thought most of the problems with some sims being hard-coded into neighborhoods was a TS2 thing.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    The only thing I've read about deleting Sims from towns is someone has said that a few of the EA made Sims are coded into the town itself and if they are deleted it breaks the code. I've never tried deleting Sims or looking at how the code is written so can't say for sure, from my own observation, that is what happens.
    Properly deleting townies with a rich and well-established history might very well change the way a town progresses. It doesn't break anything (in TS3) if they aren't there. It would actually be the same if they died in an unfortunate game generated meteor strike or something, which is unlikely but can still happen.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    geekgirl101geekgirl101 Posts: 401 Member
    It sounds risky anyways. I noticed there are 2 sims that the Medina family are friends with but they are not in the town. There's also a babysitter they like to hire regularly and he too doesn't actually live in the town.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    NPC Role and Service sims (like babysitters) do not live in town. They are considered homeless, though they really disappear from the map when they aren't working or otherwise called upon to do something and can also be considered commuters -- sometimes you will see the newspaper delivery kids and babysitters attending school just for show. "Homeless" NPCs can also be spawned by the game to provide resident sims with co-workers and bosses when it seems like there aren't enough available and suitable residents to take up those slots.

It's supposed to be that way.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    @ZeeGee, you are welcome after I digested most of that info I really started taking care about what I was doing in the game and made a list of all the known issues in each world as well and eventually made sort of a template new world which I saved and use whenever I begin in that world with a new story to play.

Remember that most of the advice on the link I provided if memory serves is not achieved using mods so I am sure if you are using mods it will be easier to achieve. I use mods now but still ensure I don't make any of the big mistakes in game as I did in the past when it caused crashes and left me unable to play one game for very long before the problems started.

@igazor, I member reading somewhere that if ghosts are not sent to the final rest the game still tries to play them if they are not deleted and same for just leaving them on the clipboard to disappear them is that not correct then?

This is my understanding as well but as always with Sims 3 I could be wrong :)
    Post edited by SPARKY1922 on
  • Options
    einshelmdweiylleeinshelmdweiylle Posts: 35 New Member
    edited April 2015
    Been playing vanilla sims 3 with several eps for many sim generations without any game breaking bugs. Game doesn't lag much. I almost never use cheats, any cheats, at all. Though, there have been several comical glitches, they're often subside or remedy themselves. It's pretty okay to say the least. :/

Still could use more support EA.
  • Options
    @einshelmdweiylle, I do believe for starters that a decent PC rig is required above and beyond specs provided by EA and secondly the more expansion packs, contents, mods and CC that are added is probably going to make a big difference as well, however because I have all Sims 3 expansions, own most of the store content and now use mods and add CC I upgraded my PC quite considerably to be able to handle it, however if something happened to my rig and I had to be content with a lesser model then I would still play sims 3 but revert back to just a couple of expansion packs myself again.....but it would kill this content lover in doing so :)
  • Options
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @igazor, I member reading somewhere that if ghosts are not sent to the final rest the game still tries to play them if they are not deleted and same for just leaving them on the clipboard to disappear them is that not correct then?
    Not sure I understand why this would be an issue with ghosts in particular. But I have so many mods in play that if sims (living or dead) who were supposed to no longer be in my game kept coming back, I would zap them away with MasterController or DebugEnabler commands and go on with what I was doing. Overwatch and ErrorTrap might be protecting me from even seeing that, though.
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »

This is my understanding as well but as always with Sims 3 I could be wrong :)
    I believe we are still talking about interfering with the way in which an EA world pushes things to progress. As in, household X always seems to generate lots of money and try to control the town, etc., but they can't do that if most of them have died prematurely or moved away. That might well be changing the destiny of the world, not breaking it. I tend to concentrate on the sims I'm playing and their friends/relatives and don't usually care so much about the generations long struggles of a town's founders or the insane vampire dude who keeps showing up to break everyone's hearts or whatever. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!