Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Still awaiting for EA to fix Sims 3

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2015
    I've also used MC's total annihilation on excess Pets in town too, but I've heard that can lead to game corruptions, so the latter you might handle with care.
    Just FYI, Total Annihilation should never on its own lead to game corruption. It's testingcheats shift-clicking to delete a sim that tends to cause that. But with TA, it's a really good idea to have ErrorTrap in place and save(as), quit, reload afterwards to get rid of any residual data left behind not really connected to anything once the sim has been taken care of. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    I've also used MC's total annihilation on excess Pets in town too, but I've heard that can lead to game corruptions, so the latter you might handle with care.
    Just FYI, Total Annihilation should never on its own lead to game corruption. It's testingcheats shift-clicking to delete a sim that tends to cause that. But with TA, it's a really good idea to have ErrorTrap in place and save(as), quit, reload afterwards to get rid of any residual data left behind not really connected to anything once the sim has been taken care of. :)

Cool beans :blush: Funny these were the exact questions I was having a few weeks ago when I wanted to control my animal population.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited April 2015
    Edit: Just to add it's especially a shame to have to bulldoze the Ichtaca castle inland because it's so nice looking. But that one is hopelessly flawed and nothing seems to be able to fix it. Whoever designed it was either totally in love with MoveObjectsOn or something similar, or they had rocks in their head (probably a combination of both).

If you like the looks of the lot, and want to keep it just to add flavour to the world, you could always do what I did - move the family out, and set the lot to Community > No Visitors Allowed, or whichever option it is that disallows sims from going there autonomously.
    I turned it into a museum ( inside, not through lot designation ), but set it to no visitors, so I can take my playable sims there if I want, but no townies will go.

Edit - For a more comprehensive look, with screenshots, of most houses ( known to date ) that need adjustments to reduce lag in IP, look HERE - ELLACHARMED IP HOUSE FIXES

I know it sounds terribly annoying, but I went through every lot in IP and checked it, and reset all the front doors to actually BE the front doors and got rid of silly things like toilets in front of showers, and the pool ladder at the alto's that is blocked by the garage door, etc. I then just saved the game as "IP-FIXED" and I begin all my brand new games from that particular save. It took me a couple of days to check every lot ( i was redecorating in between as well ) but its worth it in the end.
    Post edited by Pary on
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    @Pary - Ella's fixes were great as far as broken intersections and other things on the world lot as always, but not all of her altered residentials helped enough for me (this was one of them). My intent was to keep the Ichtacas in place and living in island style luxury as befitting their having descended from ancient royalty and all that, but ended up giving a more modern mansion to live in anyway. They seemed pretty happy with it. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    EA fixing the bugs in Sims 3 is a pipe dream. They laughed all the way to the bank, and are still laughing with Sims 4. Pigs have a better chance at flying that EA fixing Sims 3. They've packed up and moved on, and have sent Sims 3 to the attic along with Sims 2, they are now their red haired step children only brought out for family pictures.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    AMariseSAMariseS Posts: 2,458 Member
    Ah, I remember those days of sheer outrage back in the WA days. I was astounded that the EP I bought didn't work properly and that no one at EA seemed to care, blaming my (then) brand-new, purchased just to play TS3 computer instead of providing a patch/fix/apology for a faulty product (which only Traveler has sufficiently repaired). I laugh now, but I was intensely offended. If I'd held my breath waiting for EA to fix all of their stuff (instead of embracing NRaas), I'd be bluer than a Smurf.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I had issues with the bug-fest that was EA's "story progression" and always wished they'd fix it so it would really turn off after the 163 patch though it had bugged like that on earlier patches and got fixed a few times.I was left with no choice other than turning to NRaas Mods and relying on story progression being the NRaas version.I've decided to load up on 88 NRaas Mod files and tons of other Mods to fix the game issues and have my game working.The best patches for TS3 are coming from NRaas and MTS instead of EA now because Mod creators are left having to fix the mess left behind by the latest patch when it broke the UL protests so they happen in the homeworld.I got that fixed using NRaas Retuner to disable the protests for autonomous and reducing the chance to zero.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    geekgirl101geekgirl101 Posts: 401 Member
    I really don't know what it is if it's ellacharmed's version of Isla Paradiso or Twallan's Story Progression, but now it's unplayable. There's still lag, I've tried removing all pets and setting pet population to 0, I made the pregnant sims lose their children so they weren't creating errors about going to work, but nothing fixes the lag. Fast speed is as good as slow speed because it's so slow and lags. Eventually after just a few minutes the game hangs indefinitely and is unplayable. I left it overnight hoping to recover but it's such a serious bug it has effectively broken the game.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,924 Member
    Have you used the cheat to find all islands? It clears the fog over the islands because it causes lag on some computers,
  • Options
    I really don't know what it is if it's ellacharmed's version of Isla Paradiso or Twallan's Story Progression, but now it's unplayable. There's still lag, I've tried removing all pets and setting pet population to 0, I made the pregnant sims lose their children so they weren't creating errors about going to work, but nothing fixes the lag. Fast speed is as good as slow speed because it's so slow and lags. Eventually after just a few minutes the game hangs indefinitely and is unplayable. I left it overnight hoping to recover but it's such a serious bug it has effectively broken the game.
    Did you bulldoze the problematic lots we have been talking about and rehouse the sims who live there? And do you now have Overwatch, ErrorTrap, and Register in place?

If you really suspect StoryProgression is making things worse, you can try switching off progression just to see how things play without it. On City Hall or an in-game computer, NRaas > SP > General Options > Enable Progression > (set to False)

But that's not really the problem in Isla Paradiso. It's the world that's broken and the fixes we've outlined, if you employ all of them, should bring relief. But at some point up to you to determine, it might not be worth it. IP content can be used in other worlds.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I don't have too many issues with TS3 but it would be good to see a Complete Collection of TS3 but with final fixes. I don't see how they thought it was right moving from one game to the next without fixing issues, then again, they are already doing that with TS4, bugs being unfixed and then a new EP is out adding more issues
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    I'm giving it one last try with story progression uninstalled before I go bulldozing lots. I think it's a real shame that I'd have to destroy half the town that EA should've tested in the first place.
  • Options
    I'm giving it one last try with story progression uninstalled before I go bulldozing lots. I think it's a real shame that I'd have to destroy half the town that EA should've tested in the first place.
    It's really only three lots and a houseboat -- though I did move all of the resident sims off the boats and give them housing inland, others have since pointed out that wasn't really necessary. I left the boats in place (except the Scott one, I think) and might move some of the sims back the next time I play there.

When I watched the Ichtacas, Medinas, and Scotts (don't remember Los Amigos right now but will take everyone's word for it) when the other issues like 5,000 resort workers no longer being spawned and horses trying to climb up flagpoles or whatever were addressed, to the limited extent one can watch anything at all when the game is lagging that much, I could see that no one from those particular families could get in or out of their houses properly and the game was going crazy constantly trying to reroute them.

As for the lack of testing or subsequent fixes -- no argument there. It's not much of an excuse, but IP was released near the end of TS3's development cycle. I bet they would have had the resources/staff to fix most things and re-release that world if it had been part of an EP that came out earlier in the series.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    As for the lack of testing or subsequent fixes -- no argument there. It's not much of an excuse, but IP was released near the end of TS3's development cycle. I bet they would have had the resources/staff to fix most things and re-release that world if it had been part of an EP that came out earlier in the series.

Why would you think that? They never fixed the excess car spawning bug that was introduced with Late Night, even when it later spread to the base game. Overwatch is a fairly good work-around, but the base cause of too many cars is still there.

But after EA left Sims 2 as a broken unplayable mess, and Sims 3 with tons of crippling bugs, there is no way I'm going to even start with Sims 4.

• Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    edited April 2015
    I'm sending The Knights Who Say " N i " after EA! Hopefully, they'll "persuade" EA to give us the fixes. >:)
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    bklienhart wrote: »
    Why would you think that? They never fixed the excess car spawning bug that was introduced with Late Night, even when it later spread to the base game. Overwatch is a fairly good work-around, but the base cause of too many cars is still there.
    Only because the IP world flaws and it effects are bit more in ones face and obvious than the LN limo/vehicle spawnage.
    I'm sending The Knights Who Say " N i " after EA! Hopefully, they'll "persuade" EA to give us the fixes. >:)
    Such drastic measures...now I'm expecting to find 5,000 Knights who say "N i" route stuck in my town square every night. :p

Edit: "Knights who say 'plum'?!" Eh, maybe I should have left it that way.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    What is it that's wrong with those homes anyways, is it just the house or the terrain it's on? The houses looked fine to me, albeit a little cramped looking in some rooms. If it's just the house I could replace it with another as the town is seriously lacking in homes as it is.
    Post edited by geekgirl101 on
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    What is it that's wrong with those homes anyways, is it just the house or the terrain it's on? The houses looked fine to me, albeit a little cramped looking in some rooms. If it's just the house I could replace it with another as the town is seriously lacking in homes as it is.

I don't know if it's the only problem, but the cramped spaces caused routing issues in some homes. Too cramped to get through -> sims keep wanting to do things but can't -> routing problems result -> LAG.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    If you look closely at some of those houses you will see subtle idiotic placement of items that force Sims to constantly try to do something that is impossible.

Such as a toilet crammed up next to a bath so they can't use the bath.

Front doors hidden behind archways.

Pool ladders blocked by garage doors and so on.

Then outside there is the subtle placement of rocks across a pathway so that Sims can't ever leave a lot.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Oh I see, so a simple redesign of those houses should fix that bad design then? Unless there is actual routing issues on the ground somewhere like what they have in France and China where no matter what kind of arch you use or widen the path they can't go through it for no known reason.

I have though noticed a considerable reduction in the game lag where I can use speed 3 without it dragging on (it's still slow and feels as slow as speed 2 though.)
    Post edited by geekgirl101 on
  • Options
    Oh I see, so a simple redesign of those houses should fix that bad design then? Unless there is actual routing issues on the ground somewhere like what they have in France and China where no matter what kind of arch you use or widen the path they can't go through it for no known reason.

Yes - there are routing issues outside lots too. Apparently those routing issues are some of the things EllaCharmed concentrated on fixing as they are things you need to do with a tool capable of fixing them.
  • Options
    Eww nasty. :( Not even slapping a new house there would fix it?
  • Options
    It was all of the above, I believe.

I tried to fix some of those lots myself, but then read that others with better tools and fixing skills than I have also tried and didn't get very far. Bulldozing the lots, not just the houses but the lots themselves, placing new blank lots and putting down houses that were designed properly and don't have the underlying routing issues was a better solution for me, especially since I wasn't actually interested in playing any of the affected households as actives myself. But I didn't see the need to have black hole no-build zones all over town either -- you're right, there's only so much space on the map and re-using it didn't seem to cause any new issues for the days I played there.

There might have been one lot that I gave up on, as there was a rift (gap?) around where a road meets the sidewalk that Ella hadn't fixed but I think I was able to work around that part.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Jinxed myself, the lag is back.
  • Options
    Ah yes I see what you mean. I trashed those unused lots totally and that seemed to fix most of my problems, still laggy here and there and had a couple of errors pop up now and then and 3 crashes with one of them generating a script error about one of the townies.