Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Still awaiting for EA to fix Sims 3

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2015
    If it's ErrorTrap or one of our other mods throwing the script errors, you might want to zip or rar some samples together, upload, and open up a thread at NRaas so we can help interpret them. Or, if they calm down on their own, you might feel it's not necessary. :)
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/How+To+Upload (free registration required to upload and post)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    EA wont bother with Sims 3 any longer, I'm sorry to say :(
    However, most of the problems with Isla Paradiso are fixable, and on Build Mode level, without having to resort to CAW.
    Below are a list of fixes that you can make to some houses. I've done all of these and my IP runs at least 90% better. As I've been picking up tips from different people and just saving them to a text file, I no longer remember who initially took the time to search out all these fixes, but I am so very grateful they did.

Edit to highlight two VERY easy fixes:

Remove the house the medina family lives in.
    Remove the house the Amigos live in.
    You can move the sims in both families to other houses, they are ok.

Do NOT delete these premade simmies! Move them all in other houses, but do NOT DELETE

If your lag is the result of sims getting stuck this should improve things a lot. Maybe then the rest of the thread will help solving the last little laggy bits

I fixed front doors and lot fronts of all the lots. ( a lot of the the houses had their front door set inside the house! (example the house where the Collins live and the Adobe Abode)

In a lot of the houses, the toilets were in front of the showers/baths, so they were unroutable. ( the houseboat where Rubisel Ichtaca lives)

I also put some rocks where al the npc's got stuck near the premium port.

IP Houses to Delete

Icatcha
    Scott
    Los Amigos
    Medina

If it still lags, then remove those houses as well:

The Romantic
    The Prince

Thank you for this! One more question: Should we just bulldoze the houses after we move out the families, or get rid of the lots entirely?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    In my case, I bulldozed the entire lots, replaced the faulty houses with good ones, and moved the families into their "new" homes. If other sims move into the original houses on the original lots, or houseboat in the case of the Scotts, the problems would just return.

And actually you can delete the townie households if you want to without causing harm if you use NRaas MasterController to Totally Annihilate them. It's testingcheatsenabled shift-click to delete sims that causes problems. But neither one is really necessary here as it's the houses/lots, not the sims themselves, that are flawed.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    Yeh, this is a good point in all of this.

Some of the grief is actually caused by the content providers.

Some worlds/lots/content basically make the engine work harder than it should do because they either were rushing content or, in a nutshell, just didn't care less - call it internal sabotage.

*cough*
    Salt Lake
    *cough*
  • Options
    brandi22brandi22 Posts: 3,949 Member
    edited April 2015
    As the title states. I'm tired of repeating myself but I want to see a fix for all the lousy bugs in Sims 3 that have been bombarding me and many others for years. There's plenty of them, just read the original forums and you'll see page after page of people complaining about lockups, crashes, glitches, pathing issues etc that go back years ago. I've waited long enough, I demand a fix for what I've paid for else I want a full refund of all purchases.

@geekgirl101 - I'm sorry you're having so many game issues. :( I know I've had my share of them over the years, but for the most part, I haven't had any serious glitches since sticking Twallan's Overwatch in the game. (Before that, though, my game randomly stuck like glue and I will honestly say that it was unplayable.) :s

I hope you'll find a fix for your game problems and don't give up. I sense how frustrated you are and I think if you be specific about your issues, along with provide details about your computer system, etc, you will have the best chance of getting somewhere. It looks like you're already pointing out some of your issues within this thread so that's a good start. Whenever I've had any game problem, it's resulted in a lot of Googling, research, posting on tech threads, and basically exhausting all resources. I hope that is helpful for you. I wish you good luck in getting somewhere with your game problems. It is frustrating having to deal with them!
    My Wishlist on Origin:
    https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/view-wishlist/koYQDL6TzKT18Z3EiX.RDw--
    To see my Sims, Builds, etc Click "My Studio":
    MY STUDIO
  • Options
    AnnikaperiAnnikaperi Posts: 535 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    bklienhart wrote: »
    Why would you think that? They never fixed the excess car spawning bug that was introduced with Late Night, even when it later spread to the base game. Overwatch is a fairly good work-around, but the base cause of too many cars is still there.
    Only because the IP world flaws and it effects are bit more in ones face and obvious than the LN limo/vehicle spawnage.
    I'm sending The Knights Who Say " N i " after EA! Hopefully, they'll "persuade" EA to give us the fixes. >:)
    Such drastic measures...now I'm expecting to find 5,000 Knights who say "N i" route stuck in my town square every night. :p

Edit: "Knights who say 'plum'?!" Eh, maybe I should have left it that way.

@igazor, I laughed so hard at the thought of 5,000 Knights who say plum! stuck in the Town Square, that I frightened my mother. I hugged and kissed her. She looked at me sternly and said, "Now go sit down" and went back to sleep.
  • Options
    Annikaperi wrote: »
    @igazor, I laughed so hard at the thought of 5,000 Knights who say plum! stuck in the Town Square, that I frightened my mother. I hugged and kissed her. She looked at me sternly and said, "Now go sit down" and went back to sleep.
    Please do apologize to your mother for me, when she wakes back up again. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I had a few issues in my game last night and managed to figure out how to fix them.The traits required me to click on a computer and select NRaas>story progression>general options>sim options>trait and lifetime wish options>fill missing traits-was set to true and change it to false.I also had to click on a sim to select NRaas>Master Controller>Advanced>Traits>Change to both remove unwanted traits and add in more desirable traits to replace the unwanted ones.
    I also had a full moon lunacy issue and fixed the issue by visiting MTS and downloading a Mod to remove it and played the game with it installed and it ran normally.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    Luis_CarlosLuis_Carlos Posts: 228 Member
    I don´t play sims since I suffer that error where I can´t save games. Half-hour waiting the load... and after I can´t save again.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Waiting-for-Nintendo.jpg still waiting.......

hahaha lol exactly.......
    I love Twallan's mods and that is why I won't be buying TS4...because I simply don't trust EA. We need someone new who loves The Sims to come up with a rival BETTER game....it shouldn't be too hard...

I'm in college for game design and plan on trying to do so ^.^

Excellent, can't wait to see what it'll be like. :) I know that some team took Simcity Online, rewrote the code, and called it Cities Skylines. It's much more better and more dynamic and doesn't require making a megacity of skyliners to achieve a comfortable population.

me too I would love someone to love, care and cherish sims 3 for what it could truly become that would be awesome but I fear I do not have enough years left in me to see it come to fruition :)

yoshi_dragur2012, love the photos :)

to anyone still struggling with IP, there is a great blog and loads of info from ciane on the following link and after putting most of it into practice I have a nearly lag free game which I can enjoy..

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/811253/removing-lag-with-word-file-and-images

• Options
    I don´t play sims since I suffer that error where I can´t save games. Half-hour waiting the load... and after I can´t save again.

I am presuming you have searched the forums for answers to your problem? Also that your computer specs are adequate? Are you using mods CC etc? If I had tried everything I could think off I would try a factory reset with a fresh sims 3 folder and see if I had the same problem and if that did not solve the problem I would consider a complete reinstall of my games.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Still waiting for EA to fix TS3:
    77OWp3O.gif
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    boguczed1boguczed1 Posts: 170 Member
    Unfortunately we have and will always have to going forward, rely on modders.
  • Options
    @xBob18, very funny lol but unfortunately probably true :)
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    tamalinn wrote: »
    Thank you for this! One more question: Should we just bulldoze the houses after we move out the families, or get rid of the lots entirely?

It's up to you really. Unlike Igazor, I didn't delete the lots, I simply remodeled them a little, particularly the one with the deck problems ( I forget its name, but its on a hill and three girls live in it )
    I enjoy building so it's not a problem for me, but if you don't want to take the time to make all the adjustments, then you can just delete and replace.
    I posted a link earlier with a link to Ellacharmed's blog, which gives a pictorial reference of each lot that needs to be fixed and adjusted, where it is and how to do it. It's very helpful if you want to keep the homes but fix them to make them lag free.

Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,924 Member
    edited April 2015
    deleting lots and replacing them with lots from the create a world tool in game will apparently break routing elsewhere in the world.
  • Options
    Deleting an existing home, and replacing another house on the existing lot has never caused issue as far as I know. Only plopping down extra lots with the in-game world editor can apparently cause broken routing.
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Opinions are divided on that. I've plopped and re-plopped entire lots all over worlds using the in-game editor like a maniac (though more typically only three or four at a time per Edit Town session). If townwide routing does becomes suspect, which is rare for me but it can happen, a MasterController Reset of the entire town plus a Save, Quit, and Reload puts it right again -- though of course that first part is not available if one is playing without mods.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Pary wrote: »
    Deleting an existing home, and replacing another house on the existing lot has never caused issue as far as I know. Only plopping down extra lots with the in-game world editor can apparently cause broken routing.

I know. I meant adding the extra lot to replace a deleted lot - as opposed to adding a new house to an existing lot after bulldozing the house that was on it before. This should be ok if there are no tombstones in it that are deleted at the time of bulldozing it.
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    Opinions are divided on that. I've plopped and re-plopped entire lots all over worlds using the in-game editor like a maniac (though more typically only three or four at a time per Edit Town session). If townwide routing does becomes suspect, which is rare for me but it can happen, a MasterController Reset of the entire town plus a Save, Quit, and Reload puts it right again -- though of course that first part is not available if one is playing without mods.

In that case I'll go back to adding lots without too much concern. However, I did add a couple of lots into my Dragon Valley game, and I think I put one over a spot where wild horses spawn. :D
  • Options
    Karritz wrote: »
    In that case I'll go back to adding lots without too much concern. However, I did add a couple of lots into my Dragon Valley game, and I think I put one over a spot where wild horses spawn. :D
    Okay, things like that can of course happen. I wonder if wild horses and unicorns spawning in ones bathtub would add to or subtract from the property value of a new home... :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    I've never had a problem with the in game editor myself, that I can recall. I've placed lots of lots using it, and never run into an issue, but then again, I use a myriad of mods in my game to try to counteract things like that so I might not notice if it did.
    I know. I meant adding the extra lot to replace a deleted lot - as opposed to adding a new house to an existing lot after bulldozing the house that was on it before. This should be ok if there are no tombstones in it that are deleted at the time of bulldozing it.

Ah, I wondered if that was what you meant, or whether there was some "new thing" that I had to be aware of. You can never be too careful with this game sadly. Its lovely, but it is SO touchy.

PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,363 Member
    This should be ok if there are no tombstones in it that are deleted at the time of bulldozing it.

You shouldn't bulldoze a lot with tombstones?

• Options
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    This should be ok if there are no tombstones in it that are deleted at the time of bulldozing it.

You shouldn't bulldoze a lot with tombstones?

Apparently it breaks the code if they have ghosts attached and ghosts are sims so it is the same as deleting a sim.
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,363 Member
    If I delete the tombstone first should that be okay?