Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pets EP: “What is needed for a very good Pets Expansion?” (Pics)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    I just want to point out that although this may be #14 on the list, it's really very important:
    14.) Don’t make them into objects like Sim babies by attaching them to pet beds or something similar.

Whatever form pets come in, they should be 'Sims' and not Sim objects. The should be able to roam around freely and get into a everything -- pets on beds, couches, under tables, cats licking from bathroom sinks, dogs in the pool, etc.
  • Options
    The13thOneThe13thOne Posts: 24 Member
    DRAGONS!
  • Options
    Dog parks would be a nice addition, especially if you are able to have 'group play' interactions the same way the Sims have group convos.
  • Options
    I hope dead pets won't count toward the culling limit! The limit is already too low for many people. Dead pets and Strays added to this is going create a bigger problem.
  • Options
    Since the early life stages were given short shrift and teens look like adults, I hope that The Sims 4 version of pets will do a lot to warm up the game -- provide affection, bring in aww moments, and allow the nurturers to explore that side of their nature.

fc6xyu.gif

Puppies and kittens should make everyone feel good and relaxed (players, not just Sims) and not hassled by their upkeep or frustrated with the lack of interactions.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited April 2015
  • Options
    SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    I want ligers!

WIrES1G.jpg?1
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • Options
    VondiitaVondiita Posts: 198 Member
    I'm loving the ideas!
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Wow... @greenXen That's a mighty impressive list you have there!

Although the pets themed EPs have never been my favorite, I've always enjoyed the additional aspects to the game and it's always nice to add a few pets to the neighborhood. My wishlist is no where near as concise and detailed as others I've seen listed, but I would like to see the following aspects included:
    • Pets with Emotions - Ants, Birds, Cats, Dogs, Fish (new), Guinea Pigs, Gerbils/Hamsters, Lizards/Iguanas, Pet Rocks, Spiders, and Snakes.
    • Pet Careers - Entertainment Career and Law Enforcement Career.
    • New Venue/Careers - Pet Park with Animal Control Career, Veterinary Office with Veterinarian Career, and Pet Shop with Groomer Career.
    • And of course, lots of new interactions, objects, hairstyles/clothing, and a new world.

I know that at the very least, I would buy this. lol :)
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    The ability to have a household of only pets no humans, this is a life simulator right? I should be able to Live as a dog or cat if I wanted, alone no humans.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    GoldenAurasGoldenAuras Posts: 2 New Member
    I know it wouldn't really fit in with the theme, but I'd love to have a visitable animal shelter and some community service.
    Just small stuff, like when you go into a park you have the option to clean and remove trash and all that junk, and you get happy/inspired moodlets from it. If you have the 'Loves Outdoors'/'Good' traits maybe they last a bit longer?
    With the animal shelter you could adopt an animal, get a positive moodlet, and get a Maxismade pet without having to make one in CAS. Except instead of removing trash it's taking care of animals.

Some more minor pets and new interactions would be nice, I think. Alien pets maybe? (If you have GTW installed?)
    Like, neon colored dogs/cats/etc that have earth disguises like alien sims. It'd be cool but I think it's a bit too out there.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I know it wouldn't really fit in with the theme, but I'd love to have a visitable animal shelter and some community service.
    Just small stuff, like when you go into a park you have the option to clean and remove trash and all that junk, and you get happy/inspired moodlets from it. If you have the 'Loves Outdoors'/'Good' traits maybe they last a bit longer?
    With the animal shelter you could adopt an animal, get a positive moodlet, and get a Maxismade pet without having to make one in CAS. Except instead of removing trash it's taking care of animals.

Some more minor pets and new interactions would be nice, I think. Alien pets maybe? (If you have GTW installed?)
    Like, neon colored dogs/cats/etc that have earth disguises like alien sims. It'd be cool but I think it's a bit too out there.

Alien pets! That would be awesome. Maybe you could get them on Sixam or bring them back in the rocket (more than just the slugs in the tanks).

2cza9au.jpg

22xead.jpg

Yeah, there should also be some pre-made pets that you can get through a pet store or adoption.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    1. Pets with fur.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Pet portraits should be included for both photography and painting.

2drau7n.jpg

24enn5t.jpg

118klfp.jpg
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Options
    BellsBells Posts: 40 Member
    Apart from my petition with exotic pets, the ideas here are GREAT! I don't know if someone already wrote this, but more interaction with snakes, lizards and fish would be nice. A koi pond where we can feed and play with them, also, choose the colors of the koi (there are 22 mayor variations)! Ferrets and birds, too, please!
  • Options
    Junebug6620Junebug6620 Posts: 418 Member
    Bells wrote: »
    Apart from my petition with exotic pets, the ideas here are GREAT! I don't know if someone already wrote this, but more interaction with snakes, lizards and fish would be nice. A koi pond where we can feed and play with them, also, choose the colors of the koi (there are 22 mayor variations)! Ferrets and birds, too, please!

@Bells,
    I think a koi pond would be awesome! I would hope that we could feed our koi and maybe have some geese over swans floating on top also? I would like to be able to feed the birds--not that they would be friendly--but more like they might be in real life. :)
  • Options
    Bells wrote: »

@Bells,
    I think a koi pond would be awesome! I would hope that we could feed our koi and maybe have some geese over swans floating on top also? I would like to be able to feed the birds--not that they would be friendly--but more like they might be in real life. :)

I love the idea of koi ponds with swans! Watch out for the heron! They get some of my fish every spring. :(

156xx7d.jpg
  • Options
    Junebug6620Junebug6620 Posts: 418 Member
    Ok, @Bells, maybe some heron or pink flamingos, also? :)
  • Options
    @Junebug6620, hehe, the swans are cool. They actually feed the fish!

But, I know EA likes to throw in a little bit of trouble always, and herons and flamingos are one way to do it.
  • Options
    BellsBells Posts: 40 Member
    @Junebug6620 @greenXen Yes, why not have herons? They are fishers, just like our Sims
  • Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    os7eiw.jpg

Justine Keaton.

@colton147
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Sul5ul wrote: »
    Hi,

I hope to see farming included in this EP, consisting of farm animals and activities.

I hope not, I hate the farm thing I eally really HATE the farm and I think it should be two seperate packs, so that people like me aren't forced to have the farm 🐸🐸🐸🐸 on their games.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    A rodent ball so that the little ones can get out of their cages and roam around like the big guys.

t5hs9d.jpg

Or even for bigger pets?

dyvmg7.jpg

Or even larger animals still?
    fum44n.jpg

• Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    greenXen wrote: »
    xBob18 wrote: »
    Pets with fur that don't look like lego blocks please.

I don't think the fur is as big an issue as the polycount. Even without fur, you can get some nice looking animals:

eq9na8.jpg

iefcxu.jpg

But, with a super low polycount (or the very low art budget we saw referenced earlier), you could end up with this:

34i6br9.jpg

I hope that now that the game is not online they will up the polycount limit a bit. It could make a big difference for pets.

I'd settle for an upgrade (polygon/texture wise) to what we had in Sims 3.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    Bordeaux2014Bordeaux2014 Posts: 81 Member
    There HAS to be farms and cows that we can milk, chickens we can get eggs from, barns, farming mahchinery... THIS would totally set this pets expansion apart from the previous games... Farm theme could be brought to the game with a gamepack as well! or a zoo that we can interact with the animals... So many possibilities, please The Sims team make something out of these people's requests
    tumblr_m2wafd5_Hxa1rsyea4o1_500.png