Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pets EP: “What is needed for a very good Pets Expansion?” (Pics)

Comments

• greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member
    edited October 2015
    GreenXen wrote: »
    > @Anzi130 said:
    > GreenXen wrote: »
    >
    > So, I can't post links yet, but SimGuruDaniel says pets won't be objects. Does that mean we're getting Sim pets or does that mean that we aren't getting pets at all?
    >
    > Hmmm. . .
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > OMG I wanna know where he said that!!
    >
    > I would love to see bunnies and the ability to breed them and customize them like we have with cats/dogs/horses in the previous installments. Also as great a genetics system for pets as for sims :)

It's on Twitter. I have to make a couple more post before I can give links.

Ok, here it is. He was asked, " @SimGuruDaniel there is also a lot of speculation of pets being objects, like babies. Is it gonna be like that?" and replied "No."

> @Anzi130 said:
    > GreenXen wrote: »
    >
    > So, I can't post links yet, but SimGuruDaniel says pets won't be objects. Does that mean we're getting Sim pets or does that mean that we aren't getting pets at all?
    >
    > Hmmm. . .
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > OMG I wanna know where he said that!!
    >
    > I would love to see bunnies and the ability to breed them and customize them like we have with cats/dogs/horses in the previous installments. Also as great a genetics system for pets as for sims :)

It's on Twitter. I have to make a couple more post before I can give links.

Ok, here it is. He was asked, " @SimGuruDaniel there is also a lot of speculation of pets being objects, like babies. Is it gonna be like that?" and replied "No."

And then he takes it all back:

• Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    SimGuruDaniel commented "Can't promise anything, But we know fans always want pets" They knew...EA knew...when there's a demand there'll be supply. I kind of worry and thrill at the same time.. pets is such a big deal to me, this is why i'm waiting patiently for this ep before I get the base game, I just can't play the sim without pets.

The Sims Game
  • DarkenedSparrowDarkenedSparrow Posts: 216 Member
    I would love to see Owls in the game.
    More than one type, too. Barn owls (farms), Great-Horned Owl (Forest), and my favorite, the Snowy Owl (Would Be Rare).
    They'd be able to sit on a sim's arm and hoot/screech/communicate. Owls could also gather. You'd have to gain its trust in order to make it a true pet, IMO.

Especially Snowy Owls.
    Snowy_Owl.jpg
    More than one type, too. Barn owls (farms), Great-Horned Owl (Forest), and my favorite, the Snowy Owl (Would Be Rare).
    They'd be able to sit on a sim's arm and hoot/screech/communicate. Owls could also gather. You'd have to gain its trust in order to make it a true pet, IMO.

Especially Snowy Owls.
    Snowy_Owl.jpg

Cool. I suggested these for a Supernatural pack as familiars, but they'd also work well with a farm pack I think.
    greenXen wrote: »

Especially Snowy Owls.
    Snowy_Owl.jpg

Cool. I suggested these for a Supernatural pack as familiars, but they'd also work well with a farm pack I think.

Pets and Supernatural would definitely work together. That's the fun part. :smiley:
    I would actually really like a pets EP, because I could have cats. I really like cats :)

Not sure I would bother using any of the other ones, maybe rabbits...I kinda like rabbits as well. Dogs scare me a bit. Birds could be fun - hawks and anything from the corvus family. OK, I'd use it quite a bit :)

It would also be really cool to have some stuff like this:

robot-cat.jpeg?w=1200

4580078-Small-Robotic-3d-Kitten-Model-Stock-Photo-robot-cat-cartoon.jpg

SpinMasterZoomer_002.png

And maybe, you could have something close to this:

chevy-volt-dog-deer-hed-2013.jpg

Those are really cool!
    Also, if Sims were to have pet allergies, those would definitely help so they don't feel left out. My sim would own one. Imagine if they had mecha-horses!
  • AlexanderTrin3AlexanderTrin3 Posts: 46 Member
    i'm sad that the base game has been out over a year now and we still don't have anything really interesting like a pets expansion. :(
    edited December 2015
    Swarms of puppehs.

Edit: Owner removed video from public view.
    Post edited by greenXen on
  • ISmackISmack Posts: 244 Member
    SimSwim2 wrote: »
    I would like invisible fences for the dogs. I want parrots that you can teach how to talk. I want toddlers (once we have them) to be able to pull Fluffy's tail. I would like to be able to swim with dolphins and watch dolphin shows at the zoo. I want zoo animals such as lions and tigers and bears oh my! I would also like elephants, rhinos, hippos, cheetahs, giraffes, zebras, monkeys, gorillas, and orangutans. I would like farm animals such as chickens, pigs, cows, and goats. Since the sims is obsessed with llamas, why not add llamas to the mix. I also wants ducks. I want baby ducks and chicks in the game.

And of course pets such as cats, dogs, horses, guinea pigs, hamsters, gerbils, snakes, fish, and potbelly pigs. I would like those wheels that the hamsters run around on. And those ball things that they walk around the house in.

I would like baby versions of all these animals.

Also petting zoos for the kids and toddlers.

k8if5Mi.jpg?1

I remember as a 3 yr old trying to step on the cat's tail to get it to stop flicking. Poor kitty. :/

2a0jgg0.jpg

Never had pets at 3. By the time I was 8-10, we had pets.

• Cloud2Cloud2 Posts: 43 Member
    exotic pets maybe?
    O4BKvvu.gif
    When your stuck in traffic.
  • Dalmatiens101Dalmatiens101 Posts: 181 Member
    Ok so this ist is long but here we go
    1- A vetenary carierre
    2- Zoos! Teens could do part times jobs there and adults could work full time there!
    3- Different animals!- Such as hedgehods, exotic pets,farm animals,birds
    4- Farms! And example cows could give milk
    .... Thats all for now :)
  • CatianaCatiana Posts: 17 New Member
    I think that realistically pets and farms EPs would be separate. Also, it would be cute if the kids had a new interaction towards adults/parents: "beg for pet"
    I'd like llamas. :D
    I really liked riding horses everywhere in TS3, so I'd like horses in the Sims 4.
  • chibichocolatechibichocolate Posts: 33 Member
    Would be nice if it wasn't just an expansion. If they gave us pets as an update and then we can get 'exotic' animals in game packs. I really want a pet jaguar. I'll name her Luna.
  • AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    Ferrets, rabbits and pygmy goats as new pets :D
  • lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member
    Horses! Although they'd fit well in a separate farm life pack, that's not as a sure thing as a pets EP. If they do a farm pack then I'd love things like cows and llamas and sheep. If not I at least hope they include horses in a pets EP. :smiley:
  • LeeBlicLeeBlic Posts: 2 New Member
    You really slay! I love your ideas! The Sims team need to get started on this pronto.
  • Dalmatiens101Dalmatiens101 Posts: 181 Member
    [quote="pet jaguar.
    Well- I think that would come more as a zoo expension pack
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If we get any pets, I think it will be just dogs and cats. Everything else has been streamlined so why does everyone think suddenly that they will add all those exotic pets and birds and dragons or whatever else people want?
  • shionnyashionnya Posts: 44 Member
    For me, cats, dogs, horses and other animals like rabbits, squirrels, birds, etc are fine. I don't need too many animals to be happy, I just need them to be elaborate and have a lot of possibilities to play with.
    For example: more than 2/3 sizes for dogs, the option to have puppies, adult or older animal...
    Also would be nice public places like in TS3, or vets (and a zoo would be awesome, but maybe it's too much?)
    But one important thing is that animals can unblock values for our sims... for example, children with pets can be more friendly or selfish, etc etc and also more and new actions like... 'give the food to the pet' if there are some food leftovers.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    If we get any pets, I think it will be just dogs and cats. Everything else has been streamlined so why does everyone think suddenly that they will add all those exotic pets and birds and dragons or whatever else people want?
    shionnya wrote: »
    For me, cats, dogs, horses and other animals like rabbits, squirrels, birds, etc are fine. I don't need too many animals to be happy, I just need them to be elaborate and have a lot of possibilities to play with.
    For example: more than 2/3 sizes for dogs, the option to have puppies, adult or older animal...
    Also would be nice public places like in TS3, or vets (and a zoo would be awesome, but maybe it's too much?)
    But one important thing is that animals can unblock values for our sims... for example, children with pets can be more friendly or selfish, etc etc and also more and new actions like... 'give the food to the pet' if there are some food leftovers.

You may be right. The idea that was floated in the original survey was a dog pack. Then SimGuruGrant said during a playthrough with some YouTubers the other day something like, "I know pets are popular, especially dogs." So, it sounds like they may not have abandoned that dog-gone pack idea.
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited March 2016
    Freezer Bunnies & Llamas should be good ideas for oddball pets

Make them in CAS too
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif