Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 001 - Rules

Comments

• Options
    FennadevFennadev Posts: 180 Member
    edited April 2015
    Oeh, someone downloaded my house and I can't see who actually.
    I already figured it out, but thanks for explaining, here's some pictures:
    Old lady Jaylene, with old man Travis reading in the background
    s62sAQc.png
    Jayden's new room
    sc5tPyf.png
    Balcony!
    k91nvfA.png
    House from behind
    ddKurHj.png
    House from the front
    CM1Pyig.png
    Cute little sitting spot
    pZWEyqA.png
    Teenager Jayden, I know, he needs to work on his figure badly, he got his dad's body unfortenately
    Vw9DKXe.png
  • Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    @solarstorm THX so much 4 all the updates on House 001 it's nice 2 c ALL the screenshots! Awe they ended up having another baby..& a girl this time! <3 I'm so excited 2 c Kane in House 002....I've never played a male Sim exclusively either...maybe my heir in House 002 will b male...
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    @Fennadev I'm so glad that u were able 2 figure out how 2 upload 2 the Gallery =) Jayden's room turned out so nice! I love the balcony on the top floor! Congratz Fennadev...hope 2 c u in House 002!! =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    FennadevFennadev Posts: 180 Member
    Yippee, starting house 2 now, bcos Jaylene is kinda immortal already living with her life thing full for four days. Travis died and could not be plead for.
    Travis death of old age, he laid down exactly in front of the door to the sleeping room, as you can see there's no way Jaylene could have walked in the sleeping room.
    IaGcmyI.png
    Jayden turned into a young adult, while immortal Jaylene is just eating.
    vglclY2.png
  • Options
    solarstormsolarstorm Posts: 350 Member
    one thing i noticed ... in game settings should i put in auto age for unplayed sims ... when i was playing kane .. ana grew into a child and teen?! hunter is YA. i think ramon and mom is dead wahhh ...
  • Options
    Nice work @Fennadev =)

@solarstorm Leave auto-aging on....it's understood that past households will eventually pass on from old age etc. When their household is empty...the game will auto-fill the houses. Unfortunately..if u choose auto-aging off...it will also affect the "townies"....not something we want w/this challenge. If there r Sims that you'd like 2 play in the future...make sure 2 save those families 2 your Library or share them on the Gallery 4 future play.
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    what happens if the main sim dies, but ALREADY gave birth to an heir ... i have a heir ready but he is a baby for house 002 ... what do i do? the mother has died by drowning ... lol. the father is around ... but what do i do from this point?
  • Options
    naniminnananiminna Posts: 463 Member
    edited April 2015
    @solarstorm The rule is that if you already have a house with the value of $30,000 when the founder dies, then you may proceed until the heir is a young adult and then start house 2. If the house value is not at $30,000 at the time of death then the challenge is lost. Also, you absolutely cannot play any of the remaining sims for this challenge.
  • Options
    oh god but i love that house i built!
  • Options
    @solarstorm save the house to the gallery and when you have enough money on your redo you can just place it!
  • Options
    alright.
  • Options
    @Vihisha I hope I didn't step on toes answering. I <3 you and your challenge. ^^
  • Options
    naniminna wrote: »
    @Vihisha I hope I didn't step on toes answering. I <3 you and your challenge. ^^

Nope...no problem

BUT...I do need 2 amend what was posted just a tad...
    @solarstorm The rule is that if you already have a house with the value of $30,000 when the founder dies, then you may proceed until the heir is a young adult and then start house 2. If the house value is not at $30,000 at the time of death then the challenge is lost. Also, you absolutely cannot play any of the remaining sims for this challenge.

IF your Main Sim dies AFTER your heir is born....u MAY continue game play. However....u may NOT play any of the remaining Sims in the household. That being said....if the family can autonomously some how come up w/the remaining funds 2 reach the $30k benchmark...there is still hope that the challenge could b completed (however unlikely that may b). IF the house net worth is ALREADY @ that $30k benchmark...chances r that u will b able 2 just play a waiting game & still complete the challenge.

*SPOILERS DO NOT WATCH IF U R FOLLOWING MY SERIES THESE R THE LAST 2 EPISODES OF MY HOUSE 001 LET'S PLAY*
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    I <3 you and your challenge. ^^

<3<3<3 *Hugs times a million*

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    solarstorm wrote: »
    oh god but i love that house i built!
    I wanna c!!
    @solarstorm save the house to the gallery and when you have enough money on your redo you can just place it!
    YES!

In addition...u could just save rooms of the house & then snap them in like puzzle pieces as your family can afford them...would b a cheaper option that waiting 2 have funds 4 the full house
    Upload them 2 the Gallery if u wanna' share w/all of us....save 2 your Library if u wanna' keep it private =)

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options

i saved the house and saved 13k while living on a 4x4 with bed, cooler, plants and bathroom ... ROUGH!
  • Options
    you can save rooms? I DIDNT KNOW THAT? how?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    solarstorm wrote: »
    you can save rooms? I DIDNT KNOW THAT? how?

Yes.....Yes u can!!
    I created a tutorial on how 2 do just that! =)

If u just want written rules:

In order 2 save a room
    -go into build mode
    -use your pointer 2 select a room (click walls or floor of it)
    -once it's selected go up 2 the folder w/an arrow icon along the top of the screen "Save To My Library"
    -in drop down menu chose the 2nd option "Save Room"
    -add in a name, description & type of room yadda yadda
    -save room to my library or share room to the gallery
    Post edited by Vihisha on
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    ^ thank you! :) I'm going out with a couple of friends ... will play after i get back! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    U betcha! I posted a short Tutorial Video as well on my YouTube channel...so I added it 2 my previous post =)
    Post edited by Vihisha on
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    kerpleenketkerpleenket Posts: 213 Member
    Hello! This is my Drifter Challenge: House 001

I started out with Nia Rider. A poor lonely soul. No family, no money, no home.

04-02-15_1-24nbspPM.png

She's a survivor though. Living off the land and selling what she could.

04-01-15_5-30nbspPM.png

04-02-15_7-53nbspPM-2.png

Soon, she could afford some necessities.

04-01-15_6-02nbspPM.png

Days passed by pretty quick. Eventually, she met a nice man, if not quite eccentric looking, right out in front of her lot. She wasn't sure he was the one, but he was relentless. Finally, she gave him a chance, AND a makeover, and before she knew it they were building a life together.

She even had walls now!

04-02-15_10-25nbspPM.png

Life was definitely turning around for Nia. She even found a new passion.

Painting!

04-03-15_5-02nbspPM-2.png

Nia and her husband ended up having two children before he kicked the bucket of old age.

04-03-15_10-22nbspPM-5.png

She was very sad.

04-03-15_10-23nbspPM-2.png

...But she got over it!

She worked hard, sold lots of paintings, and raised her children.

Here is a tour of the house:

Kitchen/Dining
    04-11-15_2-21nbspPM.png

Living room
    04-11-15_2-22nbspPM.png

Master Bedroom
    04-11-15_2-22nbspPM-2.png

Bathroom
    04-11-15_2-26nbspPM.png

Office/Family Room
    04-11-15_2-24nbspPM.png

Second & Third Bedrooms
    04-11-15_2-26nbspPM-2.png

The House
    04-11-15_2-27nbspPM.png

04-11-15_2-17nbspPM.png

04-11-15_2-17nbspPM-2.png

Finished Challenge

Dean Rider - Young Adult
    04-11-15_3-10nbspPM.png

House Worth
    End%20001.jpg
    Origin ID: Emmblie
  • Options
    @kerpleenket What a fun journey!! Thank-u soooo much 4 sharing Nia's story w/me (all of us)! GREAT screenshots of some of the most memorable parts =) Your house looks awesome..I love the 2 stories & that deck...fun stuff! What is it listed under on the Gallery...I couldn't find it under #DrifterChallenge or kerpleenket for ID.....so please let me know -k-
    Gratz on completion of The Drifter Challenge House 001!!! I hope 2 c ya in House 002 =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    @Vihisha Thanks! I enjoyed finishing my very first challenge! I really like that it didn't take weeks/months to finish. Which makes it more enjoyable for me. I just uploaded my house to the Gallery. I tagged it #DrifterChallenge, and my ID is Emmblie. I'm glad you enjoyed my post. =)
  • Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Nice house Kerpleenket! I like it very much :)
  • Options
    Thank you @tammyjo329 =)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top