Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 001 - Rules

Comments

• JmaraaJmaraa Posts: 217 Member
    I finished with the 001 house- onto the next! I've updated my blog if anyone would like to follow the progression. Just click this link

Before & After
    06-15-15_11-22c2a0pm.png?w=809&h=455
    06-22-15_10-21c2a0pm.png?w=809&h=455
    Simming Since '00; Forum Member '13; SimLit Blogger '14; SimLit Critic '18

Current Story: https://simslegacy2020.wordpress.com My 2020 Legacy Story - A 10 Generation Legacy Challenge
    Sim Choice Awards 2018! || My Full Wordpress || Twitter: Jmaraasims
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member

@Jmaraa - YAY! Congrats for completing this challenge! Have fun with the next one. :smiley:

AllieMac wrote: »
    aww thanks y'all! I really do love the kitchen too. @Rawla if you haven't played with the counters yet, you can see a couple of the types in the kitchen. I spent forever playing with different combinations. Even made some of the little ones blue, but there wasn't enough to get a design I liked, so I stuck with the black.

I noticed the cabinets and was wondering. That's awesome. xD
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    Ha ha @AllieMac I remember u saying that about Blanche & the pool

@Jmaraa YEAY!! Congratz on completion of The Drifter Challenge House 001!!! :smiley::smiley::smiley:
    & 4 the record..LOVE your blog on your Drifter experience!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • AllieMacAllieMac Posts: 925 Member
    edited June 2015
    Jmaraa wrote: »
    I finished with the 001 house- onto the next! I've updated my blog if anyone would like to follow the progression. Just click this link

Before & After
    06-15-15_11-22c2a0pm.png?w=809&h=455
    06-22-15_10-21c2a0pm.png?w=809&h=455

Nice to meet you @Jmaraa! Congrats on finishing House 001!! I love your Simmie. He's just sooo adorable. Any chance you uploaded him to the #drifterchallenge in the gallery?!? He would be great to have in my town! I'm going to bookmark your blog, so I can read it when I catch up on things.
    OriginID: txalikat2
    Drifter Challenge Blog: https://alliemacsims.wordpress.com/
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • JmaraaJmaraa Posts: 217 Member
    AllieMac wrote: »
    Nice to meet you @Jmaraa! Congrats on finishing House 001!! I love your Simmie. He's just sooo adorable. Any chance you uploaded him to the #drifterchallenge in the gallery?!? He would be great to have in my town! I'm going to bookmark your blog, so I can read it when I catch up on things.

I reuploaded him to the #drifterchallenge gallery! He was previously made by another user but I thought he looked like such a good legacy starter! <3
    Simming Since '00; Forum Member '13; SimLit Blogger '14; SimLit Critic '18

Current Story: https://simslegacy2020.wordpress.com My 2020 Legacy Story - A 10 Generation Legacy Challenge
    Sim Choice Awards 2018! || My Full Wordpress || Twitter: Jmaraasims
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    Congrats to everyone who has completed the challenge!! You are all doing so well and I love your houses!! , I am now starting again cause I failed :( ... Yes... I was far too cocky lol leaving her getting pregnant too late,well the first time was unsuccessful, so warning all as @Vihisha says have a couple of different saves handy along the way. I could only find a save where the heir was a child, but I couldn't age her up with the birthday cake even if it was her birthday ( or is it ok to take control of her for this?? I thought you could direct someone to "age up" ?? I don't know??) Anyway my founder died 3 days before the heir was going to age up!! Thank god I saved the house to my library lol,so now, here I go again, seems sooooo much harder now hehehhehehe have fun everyone!!! And I'll have a different house this time round.
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
    @Dglbr1969 - If your founder succeeded in all of the goals before they died and the heir was already born, then you do not have to start over. You have to start over if your founder dies before the heir is born. So sorry your founder died. I think its awesome that you aren't quitting. :smiley: Yay for the stubborn ones like us! hehe
    Really?? @Rawla Is that true???? She did fulfil all the requirements, but I naturally thought because you couldn't control anyone else in the house, that the challenge was failed??? If that is true I shall be doing a dance of joy, yeah I'm pretty stubborn lol and have to do things right, so have got another game started. Thanks @Rawla :smiley:
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    yes I did the same on house 004 and then just fast forward and watch the show until your heir ages up to YA :wink:
    Dglbr1969 wrote: »
    Really?? @Rawla Is that true???? She did fulfil all the requirements, but I naturally thought because you couldn't control anyone else in the house, that the challenge was failed??? If that is true I shall be doing a dance of joy, yeah I'm pretty stubborn lol and have to do things right, so have got another game started. Thanks @Rawla :smiley:

Yes, its really true. Like @tammyjo329 said, it's been done before. Just fast forward and hold your breath. :smiley:
    @Dglbr1969 Sit back & watch the Sims mill around..U CAN age up the heir on their birthday...but only if these is a cake already made (since u can't instruct anyone 2 do it) prolly have 2 just let the game auto-age her up! If all other goals r already fulfilled...a "win" is still a possibility in your future without having 2 start ALL over again :smiley:
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    *Cheers @Dglbr1969 on & crosses her fingers for 3 Sims Days* Age that puppy up and join us on House 002!! You can do it!
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
    edited June 2015
    Oh WOW!!!! Thanks @Rawla @tammyjo329 @Vihisha and @AllieMac oh my I'm so happy, going to reinstate my house now and watch them for two days hopefully hahahaha weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee see you guys at house 002 yeeehaaaaaa!!! Thanks so much guys, I was kinda sad to leave her behind, but now she has a chance at life, thanks again and Happy Drifting everyone !!! :smiley:

P.S. Oh, and Vihisha, my sim did bake the birthday cake, but when I click on it it says blow out candles, I wasn't sure whether it was my sim or one of the others, so I didn't do it, usually it will say "Age sim" but I think that just means for nps sims or other sims on the block, not the ones in the family, I was unsure so didn't want to test. Anybody know this for sure?? cause I was confused

Thanks again guys, I'm off to play my original founder family !!!
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
    Ok guys, really need your help here and I'm so sorry if this is outlined in the original challenge, but do I move my heir out using the phone or manage household? cause when I do it with the phone, it wants me to sell furniture or keep, now from memory if I sell, there will be no furniture in that house for others when they move in (I've noticed this myself in other games) and I really want to keep the house in tact for the next person to move in whoever the game picks etc. What have you guys done in your game?

My heir finally made it to her birthday, even though both parents died, leaving her in the end desolate, very sad, grungy, you name it,she had it lol. Well, she still has it cause she's going to move out with it ugh, anyway part of the challenge omg lol poor girl.

Oh, and also, do you guys leave the urns tombstone in the house? or take with you? I'm not sure I want their ghosts roaming around but wasn't sure if this was part of a further challenge somewhere, I know you can't say anything but just a hint what to do there lol.

Thanks everyone :smiley:
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
    edited June 2015
    Ok guys, really need your help here and I'm so sorry if this is outlined in the original challenge, but do I move my heir out using the phone or manage household? cause when I do it with the phone, it wants me to sell furniture or keep, now from memory if I sell, there will be no furniture in that house for others when they move in (I've noticed this myself in other games) and I really want to keep the house in tact for the next person to move in whoever the game picks etc. What have you guys done in your game?

My heir finally made it to her birthday, even though both parents died, leaving her in the end desolate, very sad, grungy, you name it,she had it lol. Well, she still has it cause she's going to move out with it ugh, anyway part of the challenge omg lol poor girl.

Oh, and also, do you guys leave the urns tombstone in the house? or take with you? I'm not sure I want their ghosts roaming around but wasn't sure if this was part of a further challenge somewhere, I know you can't say anything but just a hint what to do there lol.

The video that Vihisha set up for house #002 has step by step instructions on how to move your heir. It can be found here:

<3>:) SPOILER VIDEO FOR HOUSE 002! >:)<3
    (I didn't know it would embed the video itself here. Sorry)
    https://youtu.be/M06Af_Nj7-o

As for Tombstones, it is totally your choice. You can leave them, bring them, destroy them. I usually release the spirit (I don't like the ghosts) and then leave it behind where the Sim dies. But that's just me.
    I used manage household to separate Blondie, then put (left) the rest of my family back on the original lot. So her childhood home is left exactly as it was when she became a YA.

As far as the urn.... This is on House 002.
    Vihisha wrote: »
    @WizardOfRoz Hello sweetie pie =)
    Leave aging on 4 all Sims....if u don't it will also affect "townies" aging & make some aspects of the challenge(s) too easy. I realize by doing this your Sims from House 001 will eventually grow old & die =/ So if u love your previous familie(s) make sure u save them in your Library 4 later play sometime.
    Hey Lady V~ Glad to see part 2 up and going. I can get back into it now!! :smiley:
    OH!! And can your heir take anything with them when they leave?? Like stuff from their parents garden? Like one of each harvestable to start their own garden? Hmmmmm... ? o:)
    4 the record..I love how u ALWAYS call me Lady V....u r 2 cute! =P
    Anyhow...They cannot take anything w/them from the previous house....& when they move into Crick Cabana on their own...all household funds they brought will also need 2 go down 2 the $0 simoleons

*NOTE* If u r watching my Let's Play on this...I realize that I had brought Danika Brennen's remains w/me by accident.....being that the gravestone isn't worth anything IF sold...it's grey area on them heh

Sooooo if there r objects from the previous house that r worth $0 simoleons...u can bring them w/u

Vihisha wrote: »
    Fennadev wrote: »
    Umm, what if the ghost you took with you accidentely has stuff in his pocket and leaves it on the ground in the morning?
    I allowed Jayden to take his dad with him, but his dad had the clay in his pocket and now it's Jayden playing with it, is he allowed to?
    Bcos the clay is worth something..

I'd say u have 2 options here
    1. Sell the clay & then remove the "earnings" from your family funds
    OR
    2. C how much the clay is in buy mode (if u want Jayden 2 keep it) & then subtract the amount from your family funds, so then you're paying YOUR funds 4 it.
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
    I bet the video explains better. Good job @Rawla!!
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
    Thanks @Rawla and @AllieMac. And thanks @Vihisha for going to the trouble of making the videos, I had actually started watching thatbut then worried how I'd go with my downloads, gota be careful sometimes.I'll go check video out, I guess it's prob not the norm to have both the parents die in this fashion lol, hopefully won't have this prob next house round. Happy Drifting :smiley:
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
    P.S. Oh, and Vihisha, my sim did bake the birthday cake, but when I click on it it says blow out candles, I wasn't sure whether it was my sim or one of the others, so I didn't do it, usually it will say "Age sim" but I think that just means for nps sims or other sims on the block, not the ones in the family, I was unsure so didn't want to test. Anybody know this for sure?? cause I was confused
    Blow Out Candles....Taste Frosting....Make A Wish...ALL age up a Sim on the birthday cake
    YEAY! Gratz on completion of The Drifter Challenge House 001!!!
    Looks like everyone was SUPER helpful here & linked my videos or responses 2 stuff :smile: If that info was enough...awesome...if not...let me know & I'll go through things step by step 4 ya ok

rXyqmuX.jpg
    @Rawla THX so much 4 linking my video...I'm not sure I would have thought 2 do that LOL I prolly would have typed it all out instead....THX 4 preventing that!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • kensgirl73kensgirl73 Posts: 212 Member
    Hi Vi. If you don't get the house to be 30K Simoleans by the time your heir is the YA, do you lose the challenge and have to start over? I'm sorry if this was asked already.
  • tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    ohh new drifter ... waves hi to kensgirl ... welcome to our insanity... :cold_sweat: umm obscession,.. ummm welcome to the drifter club .. yeah thats what I meant o:)
  • kensgirl73kensgirl73 Posts: 212 Member
    tammyjo329 wrote: »
    ohh new drifter ... waves hi to kensgirl ... welcome to our insanity... :cold_sweat: umm obscession,.. ummm welcome to the drifter club .. yeah thats what I meant o:)

Thanks! I had started it before but didn't get very far before losing the file. Right now my founder (Chelsea Starr) is married and the heir has already been born (Clarissa) and she has a nice house going. Probably one of the best that I have ever done. :)

• Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Welcome Kensgirl and good luck on the challenge. You can do it!!
    Welcome Kensgirl! We'd love to see your house when you're finished!! Be sure to tag it as #drifterchallenge. so we can find it. :)

And unfortunately yes, if you don't get your house (after depreciation) to 30k by the time your heir reaches YA, you do fail. But you're more than welcome to give it another shot. :)
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top