Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 001 - Rules

Comments

• VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    @Vihisha Thanks! I enjoyed finishing my very first challenge! I really like that it didn't take weeks/months to finish. Which makes it more enjoyable for me. I just uploaded my house to the Gallery. I tagged it #DrifterChallenge, and my ID is Emmblie. I'm glad you enjoyed my post. =)

Awesome!!! Since The Drifter Challenge is broken up by house mini-challenges...you'll never b doing the same thing over & over again...& like u said...it doesn't take weeks/months 2 complete. NOW if you're doing The Drifter Challenge (house by house as they r released) TECHNICALLY it'll take u ages hee hee I found your Sim & your house on the Gallery THX 4 sharing! =)

rXyqmuX.jpg
    How the rules were originally posted
    Nitty Gritty Rules
    - All individuals that join the household must be moved in using the Move In interaction (except adoptions). Any money brought in by those individuals must be gotten rid of via the money cheat to reset to the previous balance

How the rules will now be posted
    - All individuals that join the household must be moved in using the Move In interaction (except adoptions). Any money brought in by those individuals must be gotten rid of via the money cheat to reset to the previous balance. If the individual you had move in comes with any household items (in their inventory or that are put into the household inventory) you may keep those items or sell for simoleons.
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • SimmerPTSimmerPT Posts: 128 Member
    New Episode of the Drifter challenge coming up in a few hours! Check out the rest of my Let's Play for the Drifter Challenge House 001 here: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWYyDvB5BnSuYXLcMzFuN0mrCnuLrDgr3
    cpbbxqP.png
    Origin ID:badana90
    Blog:simmerptstories.wordpress.com/
    Youtube Channel:Simmer Pt
    Let's Play:The Drifter Challenge House 003
  • JmaraaJmaraa Posts: 217 Member
    Lets see if I can finish a story this summer for once... My Drifter 001 challenge I'll read anyone elses story who is still on theirs if they haven't fallen off lol.. that tends to happen to everyone -.-'
    Simming Since '00; Forum Member '13; SimLit Blogger '14; SimLit Critic '18

Current Story: https://simslegacy2020.wordpress.com My 2020 Legacy Story - A 10 Generation Legacy Challenge
    Sim Choice Awards 2018! || My Full Wordpress || Twitter: Jmaraasims
    @SimmerPT I'm a bit backed up on my videos I still need 2 watch...but I shall catch up asap...can't wait 2 c what happens next!! =)

@Jmaraa I added your name 2 the list of those doing blogs on this house mini-challenge. Should u continue your blog 4 the other houses etc. please let me know so that I can add your blog 2 those lists as well =) GREAT screenshots...lovin' his pj's & your last screenshots leave me wanting 2 know what happens next...let me know when u upload more of his story =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Wow this is a cool challenge. Technically if you play the whole thing it would take about what? 15 months to fill up 2 towns- not including community lots (I am thinking 4 lots each plus a park)- my math could be off since I am tired. But the challenges don't take long. This might be just what I need because I start things and tend to get bored quickly. I always like starting with nothing and building a house then once it is done I am ready to move on so I never get generations made.

The more I think about it the more fun this sounds. Awesome idea. I am going to start. Hope it is not to late to jump in. I will start with House 001. :) Time to bulldoze and look for floor plans. I think I am going to save my community lots to my library in case we are allowed to put them back in. I hate building community lots. Seriously. Except for one bakery I built. But I digress...time to go play. Thanks for this challenge.
    Hey @Glimmer50 If I stick 2 launching 1 lot (non-community) per month challenge....as the game is RIGHT NOW...it's a total of 45 months worth of challenges. Since each of the challenges so far r set in a time frame of normal life span & then house challenge ends when heir is YA each challenge won't take u THAT long if u were 2 play them straight through. That's what makes them so nice 2 play as a whole or just use them 2 enhance your game play w/your other saves. Those players who can handle those generations...my hat's off 2 them...4 I'm someone who needs more variety heh.
    U MAY place back the community lots that come pre-made if u choose 2 not build those...or use the Gallery...who knows tho...The Drifter Challenge may spark u into building..I know it's happened 2 a couple Drifters so far =)
    I hope that u enjoy The Drifter Challenge...feel free 2 leave comments & updates....I truly LOVE staying up on everyone's happenings! =)
    Happy Simming!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Thanks Vihisha. So far I am loving this challenge. I started it last night. Here is a picture of my Sim. I got her off the gallery. She was called "The Girl" by Wish_Simmer if anyone wants to download her. I changed her last name and some of her clothes- changed her eye and hair color a little. I usually make two outfits for them to wear for everything and then let my Sim choose what to wear.

Here is her picture: Peyton%20Banks2.jpg

Long view: Peyton%20Banks.jpg
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    @Glimmer50 - Welcome to the Drifter Challenges! The Sim you chose to download is so cute. Have fun and Happy Simming! :smiley:
    So glad 2 hear that u r enjoying yourself thus far @Glimmer50 Wish_Simmer sure made a cutie =) Have fun!!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Thank you everyone. I just can't stop playing this challenge and that says a lot for someone who is usually bored within a day LOL. This is just so much fun. Where should I post pictures? On this thread or should I get a blog? I have never blogged anything in my life and I am not the best story teller as writing isn't really my thing but I do like to post what is going on.

Is there a tutorial on how to set up a blog? Or are most folks posting their progress here.
    Some are doing blogs. Some are doing Let's Plays on YouTube. I just give updates here (or the current challenge I'm on, which is 004 at the moment). So you can do whichever you like @Glimmer50 :)
    @Glimmer50 People r doing a variety of things. If u post stuff outside of these forums..b sure & leave me a link so I can check it out...I will add the link 2 the house threads so others can enjoy your stuff as well. You'll wanna' do research on what blog site u would like 2 use if that's the route u want 2 take...there r a bunch of options...I personally use Blogspot (by Google) as it's connect 2 Chrome & it's pretty easy 2 use. U can use a photo hosting site if u don't want 2 caption stuff or write stories but want people 2 c your screenshots...like on Imgur or Photobucket
    U r more than welcome 2 post pics & updates here on this thread (try & keep it House 001 news)...when u move 2 the following houses (should u choose 2 continue) just post those updates & pics in the corresponding threads. I'm here 2 help in any way that I can...so if u have a question that I can answer about YouTube, blog sites, photo hosting sites, or Drifter Challenge stuff....I'll try my hardest 2 give an answer -k-
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    What a wonderful challenge, it is next on my list to start
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
    @Cbear13 - Yay! I know you'll love it. Happy Simming!
    @Cbear13 Glad 2 hear that u found The Drifter Challenge & r excited 2 give it a try! Leave me comments...I'd love 2 know what u think =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Umm I think I posted some pictures on another thread. I thought I was posting on this one. Anyway I will try to post here for the rest of this challenge. :) Runs off to play.
    Hee hee...no worries =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    No worries @Vihisha will post updates after I get started still working on the Amazon challenge but I definately want to do the drifter next
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
    edited June 2015
    Okay so Peyton finally made it. The house wound up being worth $43,418. Caleb is a teen and I am just waiting for him to be a young adult then I can move on to House 002. I loaded it with the hashtag #drifterchallenge. Also you can find it under my Origin name which is also Glimmer50. Here are some pictures of the house:
    06-22-15_9-31nbspAM.png

Front View:
    06-21-15_7-15nbspPM.png
    edited June 2015
    Living Room:
    06-22-15_9-24nbspAM.png

Kitchen:
    06-22-15_9-26nbspAM-2.png

These are not the best pictures. I just have a hard time taking them inside the rooms. I have never done it before.
    Better shot of the kitchen: Sorry about the house spam.
    06-21-15_8-09nbspPM.png
    @Glimmer50 - Ooooooh so nice!! I love your house! <3
    edited June 2015
    Thank you!! I put it up on the gallery even though Caleb is still a teen because the house is worth quite a bit now. Her paintings are really nice now and she is making more money. She will be an elder in a few days but looks like I am going to make it through House 001 challenge. Can't wait to start the next one. :) I think I might have put in a few more plants since I took that picture of the front of the house.
    @Cbear13 Sounds like a plan =)

@Glimmer50 Awesome job w/the house!!! It's super cute..I love the modern look u went 4!!! The kitchen is absolutely fab..I LOVE all the yellow!! (my fave color) ;) Now just the waiting game 2 get Caleb YA! Good work!!

rXyqmuX.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top