Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 001 - Rules

Comments

• Options
    kerpleenketkerpleenket Posts: 213 Member
    > @Vihisha said:
    > kerpleenket wrote: »
    >
    > Question. I know I cannot control the spouse that moves in and get them a job. But what if they already have a job when they move in? Do you make them quit? Or just leave it be?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The new Get To Work expansion added the "townies" being able 2 already b employed in jobs (sometimes)
    > It's completely your choice in whether u want 2 allow your Moved-In non-playable character(s) 2 keep the job they already have or make them quit...either option is acceptable

Awesome. I'm just going to keep letting him work then. Otherwise, I don't think I can finish the challenge, and I really like the family! I'm about halfway there, my young adult is pregnant, and the man she married is almost an elder already. So once he's gone, it's just going to be my sim raising her child alone, I think. Can they re-marry if the spouse dies? I would assume so.
    Origin ID: Emmblie
  • Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    @Fennadev THX 4 the additional pic of your current house =) Awe...lil' Jayden is super cute! $18k...lookin' good, my friend!
    Awesome. I'm just going to keep letting him work then. Otherwise, I don't think I can finish the challenge, and I really like the family! I'm about halfway there, my young adult is pregnant, and the man she married is almost an elder already. So once he's gone, it's just going to be my sim raising her child alone, I think. Can they re-marry if the spouse dies? I would assume so.

Yeppers! I'm glad that you're enjoying your family in The Drifter Challenge...I always tend 2 get invested in the families...even when they have non-controllable Sims mixed in. Ooooh pregnant Sim...that's always a fun time =) If spouse dies, u can marry & Move-In someone else...heck u can have a total of 8 Sims in a household...as long as they r moved in through the Move-In interaction, adopted or born through the Woohoo 4 baby command....go 4 it!

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    kerpleenketkerpleenket Posts: 213 Member
    I can't post any pictures of my progress until I become a member, right?
    Origin ID: Emmblie
  • Options
    I can't post any pictures of my progress until I become a member, right?

That is correct :/ So....we'll have 2 wait then...unless u have a blog site or photobucket or some other image/story telling site u can link

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    FennadevFennadev Posts: 180 Member
    edited April 2015
    I succeeded in my house it's value, it's above 30.000 simoleons now :)
    But I am not sure if Jaylene will see her son turn into a young adult though, she becomes an elder when he becomes a teen..
    Here's some more house pictures as it is, just decorated it more and added curtains upstairs.
    Upstairs
    mNfcLov.png
    New bathroom, it hasn't got any decorations yet, but it has in game now already, just a little behind with taking my pictures.
    nLWWrd0.png
    Finally having a television!
    2JgEZW6.png
    But still my house is very cosy, and I will keep it that way. I am planning to change the upstairs a bit when Jayden becomes a teen though, so keep following my photo updates kk
  • Options
    Awesome job @Fennadev ! I'm so glad 2 hear that your house value is above the $30k mark!! Now just get Jayden to Young Adult & you've completed House 001 =) The house looks so nice w/all the decorations up...it really does have a nice cozy feel to it. I c that u put some clay in there...isn't that stuff great!?
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Yes, the original place I put it on was Jayden's desk(which he never uses) and they move it all around the house, it has lain on the floor, dressers, coffee tables, and mostly on the dinner table xD
    Can I btw already give him the Outdoor Retreat aspiration when he becomes a teen?
  • Options
    Fennadev wrote: »
    Yes, the original place I put it on was Jayden's desk(which he never uses) and they move it all around the house, it has lain on the floor, dressers, coffee tables, and mostly on the dinner table xD
    Can I btw already give him the Outdoor Retreat aspiration when he becomes a teen?

Yeah..that clay is so fun!
    U can give him the Outdoor Enthusiast aspiration as a teen if u like....that aspiration does not have 2 b selected until they move on & do House 002 challenge =)

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    solarstormsolarstorm Posts: 350 Member
    okay, this challenge SEEMS fun ...

okay ... well right now i have a family that's going on ... but i do not want to delete them ... what do i do?
    clear all lots meaning like evict EVERY family ... what about houses? do i bulldoze them or what? @Vihisha
  • Options
    solarstorm wrote: »
    okay, this challenge SEEMS fun ...
    okay ... well right now i have a family that's going on ... but i do not want to delete them ... what do i do?
    clear all lots meaning like evict EVERY family ... what about houses? do i bulldoze them or what? @Vihisha

U should make a brand new separate "new game" save. That way playing The Drifter Challenge will not affect your other game play @ all. Clear all lots as in evect every family & bulldoze all houses...including community lots. U do not need 2 do that 4 anything in Granite Falls or the new Magnolia Promenade. If u do not wish 2 take the time 2 clear out everything & everyone...u can always just download this pre-cleared world....create a Young Adult Sim & begin game play =)https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzXRh0E1Z3ofZDVScXhIa213cDQ/view
    However...if u r looking 2 just add 2 your current game...u can just leave everything as it is right now & start this house mini-challenge. Just remember 2 restrict yourself 2 the boundaries & you'll b good 2 go!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    @VINISHA okay -- how do i create a brand new game save?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    @solarstorm
    From the main menu game screen that u c when u 1st launch the game (or exit 2 main menu option)... top right hand corner there is a + button that's a "New Game" it will take u 2 the Create A Sim screen....then when u r done click the check mark & it will take u 2 the Manage Worlds screen...choose the lot & it will move in your Sim...then u save game w/whatever name u want...then you'll need 2 bulldoze everything & evict all but YOUR Sim.

IF u r choosing 2 use the pre-cleared world....just go into "load game" choose the save file that was downloaded. Chose the lot from the Manage World screen & create a Sim 2 play.
    Save under any name u wish the save file 2 b & you're on your way 2 starting the challenge & u have a new game file that will not affect any of your previous games =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    @Vihisha do i also clear the community lots? oasis springs is done ... now I'm clearing lots on willow springs!

also for my first sim ... am i able to get a job?
  • Options
    I will answer your questions, you can have a job and also need to clear the community lots ;)
  • Options
    Fennadev wrote: »
    I will answer your questions, you can have a job and also need to clear the community lots ;)

so that means i would have to build my own community lots later on right? in the challenges?
  • Options
    so that means i would have to build my own community lots later on right? in the challenges?

Either build or place community lots in the future...yes
    I realize that some people really do not care 4 the building aspect of the game...so u never really HAVE 2 build your own lots etc. As long as your Sims have the simoleons needed 2 purchase a house from the gallery or whatnot...go ahead & do that...but it's nice 2 really build your own lots/houses...especially if it's not your norm =)

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    Vihisha wrote: »

Either build or place community lots in the future...yes
    I realize that some people really do not care 4 the building aspect of the game...so u never really HAVE 2 build your own lots etc. As long as your Sims have the simoleons needed 2 purchase a house from the gallery or whatnot...go ahead & do that...but it's nice 2 really build your own lots/houses...especially if it's not your norm =)

lets say if i wanted to buy a house from the gallery would it have to meet up to the 30k lot value? or i furnish it on my own? :D I'm thinking about buying a house from the gallery for my 2nd drifter house :) I'm waiting for my Kane to turn into a YA. 3 more simdays to go! woohoo! this is fun!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    will be editing this post a massive time probably --

uD2MNsZ.jpg

NCrllLE.jpg

oOKHXK5.png

welcome to the world RYLIE DRIFTER! :)

after a few collectables & selling items & whatnot i was able to buy a 5x5 && joined the business career.

e9PPM7l.png

CsNX2Zu.png
    after meeting this kid i kept trying to call him and hang out with me but he was SO busy. [hotdog deliverer from 8am to 2am ... honestly...

so i found someone else for rylie lol

uTq7nVX.png
    this is the 2nd guy and he was a start up entrepreneur ... so rich guy brought home 2.5k 3x a week. which was nice ...
    we were all romantic all the time but he KEPT rejecting to marry me ... 4x so whatever ... we woohoo'ed and had a kid ... we're boyfriend / girlfriend since he won't marry me.

after 3 days of that job he had ... i managed to build a better looking home :D but kept collecting and promoting my rylie

uJREzx6.png
    xXM6y4o.png

finally rylie has a kid named kane
    XaZfEas.png

updated house after few jobs
    hP64yKR.png
    RAG5DL7.png
    qj7jdlq.png

basement for kane :)

didn't want kane to be the only child so we got him a brother named Hunter

dHIE3Fm.png
    to my surprise kane was 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
    HIkTn1F.png

rich guy turns into an elder ... kane grows into a teenager :D
    rkLA48C.png

okay I'm gonna play till he's YA. then i'll move him out and start a new house tomorrow! :)
    this is FUN! the house build is done just need to raise the LOT value. ill show complete pics tonight when I'm done playing!

just wanted to show you my progress

EDIT *** FINISHED HOUSE 001 ****

86n33jH.png
    the boys together
    psmaNOw.png
    ramón is about to die i think...
    PkzBac2.png
    nah, never mind ... rylie's pregnant ... AGAIN.
    U0TLgSu.png
    brothers kane and hunter as teens! :)
    UJqJlZU.png
    ramón with the first girl in the house [ana]

5zlX65W.png
    kane turns in YA! *finally* now I CAN play him! [ive never played a male sim ever]

dining room
    LDlubmT.png
    kitchen
    9PFaywM.png

living room and entrance to house
    kCzau5w.png

fHnNh0i.png
    master bedroom

dx4zr1d.png
    the only bathroom in this house wahhhh lol

the boys' bedroom but thank gosh that kane is moving out, so ana has a bed too!
    Lrb54wn.png

dPVpmgy.png
    extra room (study rec)

here is lot value when kane aged up to YA
    uz1EH79.png

HOUSE 002 HERE WE COME!
    ru4zCfQ.png

will post 002 in the 002 thread :D
    Post edited by solarstorm on
  • Options
    lets say if i wanted to buy a house from the gallery would it have to meet up to the 30k lot value? or i furnish it on my own? :D I'm thinking about buying a house from the gallery for my 2nd drifter house :) I'm waiting for my Kane to turn into a YA. 3 more simdays to go! woohoo! this is fun!

U could download a room or 2 from the gallery or an entire house if u wanted 2...the Sims that u r purchasing said home 4...just have 2 have enough simoleons 2 purchase it is all...so if u buy your Sim NOTHING 4 their lot until they have $30k saved up & purchase a $30k house & place it...then yeah...you're good 2 go....but u prolly had a very sad Sim waiting 2 get that much heh. I sure hope that that all made sense

Rylie looks like a nice Sim =) I'm glad that u were able 2 pair her up w/someone who had more time 2 spend w/her than the hot dog delivery guy. Lucky Kane...he gets a whole basement all 2 his self! Your house is great & such a neat looking family....it's pretty cool u decided 2 expand it after Kane was born! Sounds like u have just a little bit left 2 go! Can't wait 2 how House 001 ends 4 ya! Cool modern build....u should think about uploading it 2 the gallery w/a #DrifterChallenge tag =)

Glad 2 hear that u r having fun w/The Drifter Challenge so far!!

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    naniminnananiminna Posts: 463 Member
    I just posted the last video of this particular house. I'm already 4 videos deep into the second house, so I'm excited about that! ^^
  • Options
    @naniminna very cool! I'll have 2 watch your last video tomorrow! Can't wait 2 c your House 002 videos as well =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    Vihisha wrote: »

Rylie looks like a nice Sim =) I'm glad that u were able 2 pair her up w/someone who had more time 2 spend w/her than the hot dog delivery guy. Lucky Kane...he gets a whole basement all 2 his self! Your house is great & such a neat looking family....it's pretty cool u decided 2 expand it after Kane was born! Sounds like u have just a little bit left 2 go! Can't wait 2 how House 001 ends 4 ya! Cool modern build....u should think about uploading it 2 the gallery w/a #DrifterChallenge tag =)

okay i think i uploaded it to the gallery ... it has the #drifterchallenge my originID is @JustSleigh -- let me know if it doesn't work or work! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    For me it's just waiting untill Jayden ages into a YA, both his parents are elders now and he has 12 days to YA. I got my house finished, it's uploaded to the gallery with #drifterchallenge and it's called cosy little prairy house.
    Post edited by Fennadev on
  • Options
    HOW TO UPLOAD YOUR LOT TO THE GALLERY

1. Enter Build Mode
    2. Click the icon that looks like a folder w/a down arrow on it...it's labeled as...Save To My Library
    3. Choose the 1st option from the drop down menu...Save Lot
    4. A new window will pop up where you can change the name of the lot, select the number of bedrooms & bathrooms, as well as add in a description of the lot....don't forget to add the hashtag #DrifterChallenge so we can easily locate your Drifter Challenge creations =)
    5. Once everything is how you'd like it....click the...Share Lot to the Gallery button....in the bottom left hand corner...looks like a cloud w/an arrow pointing up. That will both add your Lot to the Gallery..as well as save a copy to your own Library

~I'm so sry @Fennadev that I didn't have a chance 2 make a quick tutorial video...so I hope that I was able 2 explain it well enough that you're good! Please let me know if u still need help ok
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    @solarstorm I was able 2 locate your house....it's up!! =) Once again...great house!
    rXyqmuX.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top