Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 001 - Rules

Comments

• Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    edited March 2016
    Part 2 of House 001: Wolfpack family

03-24-16_11-13-27nbspPM_zpsskrzq9qw.png

Jerrod and Noemi, sitting near a tree..... First comes love. Then comes marriage....
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    I just really love rags to riches style play so the first house at the very least is right up my alley (I haven't checked other houses yet because I want to stay spoiler free until I get there).

For further clarification. Are we actually required to move the baby daddy into the house with us? I'm getting that yes I need to from the rules but I just want to make sure either way. Is it okay if the baby daddy is older than my main Sim? My game tends to love generating Adults rather than YA sims for some reason and the guy I have my eyes on currently is an Adult not YA.

Also do I absolutely need to keep the Windenburg residents around? I have no plans to use the clubs for the first house and assume they'll die out anyway when all the members die. Are we going to need these specific clubs for a future House Challenge? The fact that the majority of the people that are currently wandering through my neighborhood are the stranded Windenburg residents looking like sad lost puppy dogs is really throwing me off of the challenge for some reason so if I can I'd rather just delete them all and have random townies generate instead.

2nc3nmx.jpg
    My Sim for the Challenge is Annabella Driftwood. I chose the last name her first name was actually the first name that popped up when I rolled for names in CAS.
    She Loves the Outdoors (Because she'll be spending so much time outdoors), Geek (To Help Find Better Collectibles Also the Confident Moodlet pulled up from collecting things tends to override other Moodlets which is nice when you have a sim who would otherwise be an uncomfortable mess but it does have a negative side-effect in that she'll need to play video games to keep from getting unhappy) and a Loner (I'm still unsure if this actually causes the Social skill to go down slower or not but it's usually one of my go-to traits for this type of gameplay).
    She has The Curator aspiration because I wanted her to have the Collector trait and it was the only one of the nature aspirations that doesn't involve travelling). I will probably later switch her to the Author one because my long-term plan for her is that she'll be a writer. I'm not going to give her a job to start with but might get her one later on when she's better equipped to deal with daily tasks and other work requirements.

I decided to go ahead and create a thread for it on the forum since I don't have a blog. A Driftwood Drifter Challenge

Having so much fun with this challenge so far. I know I've made a couple of mistakes but I feel overall I'm doing alright.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    @3KNPen - I love your Sim's name. It relates to the challenge. I never thought of doing that. Happy Drifting! :smiley:
  • Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    Rawla wrote: »
    Vihisha wrote: »
    Bloudwed wrote: »
    Welcome on the Drifters-train! Just a warning though from one who is deep down in this: It is highly addictive.....
    I hear this A LOT...& yanno what?! It NEVER gets old!!!

That is so totally true. And if life should steal you away, you will ALWAYS come back. Like me. hehe Hiiii Missed you all! *hugs tight* I'm thinking I might start from the beginning again. xD

81824br5uyrfrsr.gifBOOYAH!!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    I absolutely love this challenge, as I mentioned to you in our you tube chat I am going thru for the third time. I have started taking snap shots in house 4 where I am now and I will attempt to post them when I get them organized. I haven't done it before so hopefully it can pull it off. lol. Anyway, just wanted to say hi again and let you know I enjoy all your stuff (and get the hang of posting) :) My daughter is laughing she thinks im so old.

Yep & I think that's awesome!!! :smile:
    Can't wait 2 c your screenshots & hear all about your adventures w/The Drifter Challenge
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    3KNPen wrote: »
    I just really love rags to riches style play so the first house at the very least is right up my alley (I haven't checked other houses yet because I want to stay spoiler free until I get there).
    There r a lot of Drifters that do the same thing...so we TRY & keep the house threads spoiler free of the future houses!
    For further clarification. Are we actually required to move the baby daddy into the house with us? I'm getting that yes I need to from the rules but I just want to make sure either way. Is it okay if the baby daddy is older than my main Sim? My game tends to love generating Adults rather than YA sims for some reason and the guy I have my eyes on currently is an Adult not YA.
    Also do I absolutely need to keep the Windenburg residents around? I have no plans to use the clubs for the first house and assume they'll die out anyway when all the members die. Are we going to need these specific clubs for a future House Challenge? The fact that the majority of the people that are currently wandering through my neighborhood are the stranded Windenburg residents looking like sad lost puppy dogs is really throwing me off of the challenge for some reason so if I can I'd rather just delete them all and have random townies generate instead.
    U r required 2 move in the "baby daddy" as the heir can ONLY b produced through the woohoo 4 baby command w/someone IN the household :smile: They can b any age/life state that will produce children!!
    If you'd like 2 delete ALL the Windenburg residents then u can...but it may screw up the Club system. The game is SUPPOSED 2 generate new clubs as others "die off" etc. So it SHOULD re-populate your town as well as create new clubs etc. BUT when we play tested this we couldn't confirm everything 2 work as it's supposed 2. Not sure if we will b using SPECIFIC clubs in future houses as I always wait a few months (@ least) after new expansion 2 implement new content like that. So...@ this point in time...I say delete the Windenburg residents @ your own risk...it SHOULD b ok...but I can neither confirm nor deny if it will fudge things up.
    I decided to go ahead and create a thread for it on the forum since I don't have a blog. A Driftwood Drifter Challenge
    Having so much fun with this challenge so far. I know I've made a couple of mistakes but I feel overall I'm doing alright.
    I shall add your created thread 2 the list of people w/blogs (cause it's basically that) here on this thread. As u progress through the houses (if u choose 2 continue) please let me know as I can list on the other house threads & keep everything current.
    I'm so so glad 2 hear that u r enjoying The Drifter Challenge & will b watching your thread! :smiley:
    If u have ANY questions...don't hesitate 2 ask...I TRY & get answers asap -k-

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    New Simmer doing YouTube vids of House 001 added
    ~JessiBeau~ www.youtube.com/user/mommysimmer
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited March 2016
    Hi guys!! *waves to all* Just stopping by to share the FIRST video of my challenge. Hope you will all check it out! B)

Part 2 will be up some time tonight!! (woohooooo!!)
    Post edited by MsPrissy88 on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    Added your channel 2 the list =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks @Vi!! I suppose I *should* put it back in my signature. lol :p
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    As promised.... here's House 001, part 2!!

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    sq4gt4.jpg

The Driftwood Drifter Challenge Part 2 Days 3&4: Getting a Roommate (Aka the Quest to Find a Husband) is now up over on my forum post. Annabella got a boyfriend, finally had some fun & built the first room of the house.

v30ufk.jpg
    rt3xis.jpg

Dillon is a Geek, Bro, Hot-Headed and has the Mischief Aspiration. He's an adult and didn't come with a job so he's going to be underfoot and not being helpful a whole lot in the future. But he's cute and will hopefully make a cute kid so I guess that makes up for it lol.

Also I'm awful at building so I will probably make you all cringe at my attempts to do so in this challenge. I will be building it piece meal because I like having at least a few rooms built as soon as possible in these sorts of challenges.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    @3KNPen - I think he's cute, too! Good job at landing a guy! And don't worry about how your house might look once it's all done being built. Some of us are fabulous at building, others are not. I'm on the end like you. I can see an image of *what* I want my house to look like in my head, but once I start the actual building..... pfffffffffbbbbt! :p I'm surprised it didn't come out looking like a box. (although, I *have* built some houses like that! ha ha)

And while I am here..... I'm just popping in to say that in a few hours, my next video will be available to watch!!! yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay :D
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    Hello All !! 3.1 is ready for your viewing pleasure!

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    @MsPrissy88 I am forever building boxy homes with similar floor plans when left to my own devices. When I try to do something different it usually ends up looking awful. I'm much better at renovating an existing structure to fit my needs. I enjoy doing that...but building from scratch? Urgh I'm mostly pretty bad at it lol. It's even worse in these sorts of challenges when I'm on a limited budget lol.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    @MsPrissy88 I am forever building boxy homes with similar floor plans when left to my own devices. When I try to do something different it usually ends up looking awful. I'm much better at renovating an existing structure to fit my needs. I enjoy doing that...but building from scratch? Urgh I'm mostly pretty bad at it lol. It's even worse in these sorts of challenges when I'm on a limited budget lol.

I still say don't worry about it. I'm sure whatever you build will look fine. But I hear ya on the limited budget. I tend go overboard on the price! lol In fact, the house I already built for *this* challenge.... ( you'll see it in later videos ) is WAAAAAAAAAAAY over the price that @Vi set! It starts out reasonably priced, but then I go over with everything _I_ want to put in.

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    New channel added 2 those doing Let's Plays on YouTube :smiley:
    -Jodiferous ~ www.youtube.com/channel/UCCvrWCpQGnfIZwi_e4fzwPA
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    Vihisha wrote: »
    New channel added 2 those doing Let's Plays on YouTube :smiley:
    -Jodiferous ~ www.youtube.com/channel/UCCvrWCpQGnfIZwi_e4fzwPA

Excellent! I'll have to check it out.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Wow! Another new drifter?? COOL!

Last time I was here, I took a peek at the list of those who are doing LP's. That list sure is growing! I might have to wait until summer vacation to start watching. :D

But the real reason why I stopped in today, was to let y'all know that even though I sort of promised that I was going to try and upload more videos over this past spring/Easter break, real life had interrupted. Soooo... today (Sunday, April 3rd) I am taking care of doing some editing and *maybe* having the time to upload 1 video.

I know, that suucks. But there wasn't much I could have done to avoid all that got in my way.
    Post edited by MsPrissy88 on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    HOUSE UPDATE!

I *just* uploaded the next episode for my challenge. It's a continuation from where I left off........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUpQZ5E9Q10
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    New Drifter Let's Play on YouTube has been added :smiley:
    -Sonstar73 Simplayer ~ www.youtube.com/channel/UCMbVrRvSZZR6x4PfdbXv-9w/videos
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    SimmerPTSimmerPT Posts: 128 Member
    Hey Drifters! Long time since I did my last appearance here!
    Little busy with RL right now... but I had time to sneak another chapter for my Drifter House 001 Blog story, so here's the link to that:

The McKenna Legacy | A Drifter Story: 001.8 Remembrance

This one took me awhile to write, and it's kind of a look back on Zuri's younger years. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did creating it!

Happy Drifting!
    cpbbxqP.png
    Origin ID:badana90
    Blog:simmerptstories.wordpress.com/
    Youtube Channel:Simmer Pt
    Let's Play:The Drifter Challenge House 003
  • Options
    THX 4 linking the update..I'll b reading it :smiley:
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I'm looking forward to begin this challenge, I don't have a YouTube channel, but I do have a blog, I may or may not add it to my blog, we will see what happens!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top