Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Time Lord Challenge (Updated November 2021)

Comments

• Options
    nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    I keep trying to think of how to use Second in another game. Maybe I'll just pop him into random games to see him walking around town. It' be like an easter egg for anyone who watched this LP. Hahahaha

He is a Time Lord so he can go to different universes, different realms, different times. ;)
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
  • Options
    JustawhoviansimmerJustawhoviansimmer Posts: 74 Member
    edited April 2015
    I keep trying to think of how to use Second in another game. Maybe I'll just pop him into random games to see him walking around town. It' be like an easter egg for anyone who watched this LP. Hahahaha

It might be interesting to put him and all the companions (or all the other librarians) into one household, just to see how he feels about them when not being controlled.
    Post edited by Justawhoviansimmer on
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I am only on my first so I have no idea who he will be in the regeneration. You get to love the character and then have to change him it should be very interesting, He will still be Nemesis, only in a different time, could be past or future. Guess I will decide when the time comes. This is a really interesting challenge, I do have a ending if he does not make it. In between who knows. I have not changed the neighborhood as yet, but that is a neat option.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Evalen wrote: »
    I am only on my first so I have no idea who he will be in the regeneration. You get to love the character and then have to change him it should be very interesting, He will still be Nemesis, only in a different time, could be past or future. Guess I will decide when the time comes. This is a really interesting challenge, I do have a ending if he does not make it. In between who knows. I have not changed the neighborhood as yet, but that is a neat option.

It'll be really interesting to see how a good nemesis would work!

I'm starting to wonder how I'd play a cheerful, slobby, serial romantic version of the Teacher. Right now she just goes around yelling abuse at most people, especially her lovestruck companion who's turned out to be like her Martha Jones; devoted yet ignored. Has anyone else had their companion romantically involved (or in love with) their Timelord?
  • Options
    Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    edited April 2015
    Mine's only had one companion so far. I am going to wait until the serial romantic aspiration to get him involved (or her, b/c I do want to swap genders on my Time Lord). I randomize my traits each time and then pick the aspiration that would work best or fits that personality best. So...maybe when he's romantic... idk.
    My first Librarian was a huge pain in the butt so there was no way his companion would fall for him, but ow that he's the Second they get along better. His companion ages the same time he does so it's a little annoying (b/c there's no overlap like him having two different companions) and I don't want to send her away (her painting skillz - I needs them LOL).

I'm probably going to age her up soon though in advance of him becoming Third Librarian. Then maybe he will get a new companion so he'll have two.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    @Spacey72659 And that way you'd be able to sort of be training one companion while still getting income from the other.

As I'm taking more of a story telling aproach to this I'm sort of choosing the companions, and their relationships to suit plot ideas - but I'm really starting to hate Summer and the personality I've given her so I don't suspect she'll be around for much longer... (queue companion 'accidently' getting trapped in an alien prison bunker with no doors or something)
  • Options
    @Spacey72659 And that way you'd be able to sort of be training one companion while still getting income from the other.

As I'm taking more of a story telling aproach to this I'm sort of choosing the companions, and their relationships to suit plot ideas - but I'm really starting to hate Summer and the personality I've given her so I don't suspect she'll be around for much longer... (queue companion 'accidently' getting trapped in an alien prison bunker with no doors or something)

LOL OMG that's an awesome plot idea.

I am trying to figure out what to do with Madame Ethel. She is now an elder and I was going to have him find a second and keep her until she dies, but.. ugh... now he might have an "accidental" companion. I FINALLY GOT ABDUCTED GUY.

No lie, the LP video is probably hilarious. I just finished it and I really lost my mind when it happened. Now if only Phineas in my otehr LP would get beamed up!
  • Options

I am trying to figure out what to do with Madame Ethel. She is now an elder and I was going to have him find a second and keep her until she dies, but.. ugh... now he might have an "accidental" companion. I FINALLY GOT ABDUCTED GUY.

No lie, the LP video is probably hilarious. I just finished it and I really lost my mind when it happened. Now if only Phineas in my otehr LP would get beamed up!

A time lord looking after their own little alien baby is just far too cute!!! Maybe he could even build the rocket ship or get high enough in the science career to take them to visit their home planet? I can't wait to see how the librarian reacts to the alien baby!
  • Options
    I love that before you know they are pregnant they will start to rib their stomach like somethings wrong - I was like, ok ok, maybe he's pregnant (b/c I hadn't gotten the moodlet yet).
    And aging freezes when pregnant so we get to keep Second a little longer (Hehehehe). But he will have to regenerate right after the baby - which could work for story play b/c I'm sure giving birth isn't a picnic and I'm more sure for males it's traumatic LOL.

I wonder if I can take him to the hospital to have the baby...hmmmmm.... I keep forgetting you can go do that.
  • Options
    I will warn you though, more often than not the hospital is manned mostly by ghosts... so that probably says something about the health care system. Maybe you could play it that they gave him anaesthetic (which can be deadly to time lords), which caused him to regenerate?
  • Options
    I will warn you though, more often than not the hospital is manned mostly by ghosts... so that probably says something about the health care system. Maybe you could play it that they gave him anaesthetic (which can be deadly to time lords), which caused him to regenerate?

Whaaaaat? OMG, I haven't played the doctor career yet so all I've seen is other LP's and I've never seen ghosts there - your game must be awesome! LOL.
    I like that story point - sometimes I wish I was better at writing the stories or doing story telling while I play but I just kinda roll with it. LOL.

Ok, I so just watched my newest part and I am dying laughing at myself when Second gets abducted. It is SO over the top but I was so excited. LMAO!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I like that story point - sometimes I wish I was better at writing the stories or doing story telling while I play but I just kinda roll with it. LOL.

I've seen your LP's (I'm binge watching at the moment tbh) and you certainly do a fantastic job of going with the flow! I'm always getting far too bogged down with plots and back-stories that I end up spending sooooo long writing or setting up the occasional scene (I mostly like to take screen shots of what actually happens in game but sometimes I need planned ones for plots :-/ ).

Also, I've just managed to forfill her aperation with 8 days to spare! So I think I'll focus on her painting (sticking to the classical theme) and gardening (because plants are easier than sims) skills and perhaps do some more storytelling.
    Post edited by Justawhoviansimmer on
  • Options

I've seen your LP's (I'm binge watching at the moment tbh) and you certainly do a fantastic job of going with the flow! I'm always getting far too bogged down with plots and back-stories that I end up spending sooooo long writing or setting up the occasional scene (I mostly like to take screen shots of what actually happens in game but sometimes I need planned ones for plots :-/ ).

Also, I've just managed to forfill her aperation with 8 days to spare! So I think I'll focus on her painting (sticking to the classical theme) and gardening (because plants are easier than sims) skills and perhaps do some more storytelling.

Wow you finished that fast! It took me to like 1 day left to finish both of them so far LOL. But since I'm recording it does limit the amount of time I can force them to skill it up, b/c that wouldn't be as fun to watch. It's hard either way though with the limited time, but at least if you can spend a day here and there getting the skills and stuff then you have the rest to set up the pics for the storyline.

I hope you enjoy them! :) I always love new subscribers hehehe. And of course thanks for watching!
    I post a lot of videos b/c I binge play. Hahaha, esp weekends. It's so hard to just do one episode of each and be done. I'm forcing myself to stop with 2 (but like right now I just did two of my Get To Work LP and, while I didn't get anyone abducted, I did have some other cool developments - so of course i want to keep playing!)
  • Options
    It was the musical one - which is really quite easy so long as your sim has enough simolieons or a working companion so they can focus on their music. Plus, The first Teacher is a bit of a hermit so she didn't really do much exploring.
  • Options
    It was the musical one - which is really quite easy so long as your sim has enough simolieons or a working companion so they can focus on their music. Plus, The first Teacher is a bit of a hermit so she didn't really do much exploring.

I'm going to pout at you. LOL!!
    Second was using the musical aspiration and we just finished it with no time to spare Hahahahaa.
    But honestly I didn't really spend much time on the third level of it until he was like halfway aged and then the last few episodes were a mad dash to write the songs and sell one. But once he wrote them it was easy to finish that last part of it. I just tend to forget the aspiration half the time. hehehe

• Options
    Nemesis Day 3

As Nemesis sat at the computer it flashed and satiated then a familiar voice came over loud and clear. "Time Lords of Gallifrey, I know our home planet has been destroyed, yet our mission is the same. Soon we will all be gathering in a new planet, it is in the works now. Remember who you are, even if we are all separated. Remember your mission, each of you have a job to do. Use your skills well. Your aspirations will be to your advantage. Regenerate at your given time, If you do not you will be stranded where you are and you will die. Will contact you soon."
    Nemesis was excited he now knew that others like him had survived and are working on a new planet.
    2pq46lu.png

He must continue here and reach his aspiration before time ran out. He looked at all the excellent paintings he had created and they strengthened him
    2jagiol.png

Nemesis finally made a friend, yet he did not know if he would still be a friend if he really knew who he was. He knew he still had to keep his identity a secret even from his friend, living in the shadow of his secret life.
    fabzx3.png

He must be ready when it is time to regenerate, he must be strong in his mind, body and spirit. He continued to exercise as he needed to be in excellent condition, It was hard in this inferior human Sims body, but he did the best he could.
    21cb3t2.png
    He tried his best
    w02h5z.png

Nemesis needed to acquire more understand of the Sims here. He talked with many, but there understanding was limited, they were rude and mean, but Nemesis was Justice and he was the avenging agent and he knew how to inflict retribution.
    j65sw0.png

Nemesis was now filled with joy and has completed his Master painting and got to skill level 10 all his aspirations and was excited to regenerate
    He thought about the new world, there was another problem and he was not quite sure how to deal with it. As all the years he has lived he had never encountered this before. He was abducted and the results were evident. It was completely out of his control.
    avogeu.jpg

Nemesis went to bed wondering what was he going to do with a child, He was Nemesis and a child did not fit into his life.

Note:
    I left Nemesis painting as I had to go to the bathroom, and when I returned he was no where in site, later I found out that he was abducted. So here we are. interesting. I am just about laughing off my chair. what to do now.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    @Evalen haha! It seems like all the time-lords are having alien babies nowdays (both the nemesis and the librarian in one day! The Optimist and the teacher had better watch out.)

Oh, and guess whose laptop decided to die - twice - taking about an hour of simming with it?
    2nleruo.png

• Options
    I only hope that he has the baby before he has to regenerate.
  • Options

I don't think that sims can age up during pregnancy

• Options
    @Evalen haha! It seems like all the time-lords are having alien babies nowdays (both the nemesis and the librarian in one day! The Optimist and the teacher had better watch out.)

Oh, and guess whose laptop decided to die - twice - taking about an hour of simming with it?
    2nleruo.png

The Optimist was the first. He's already had his alien baby LOL!!
  • Options

The aging does stop. The Librarian was literally on 0 and I think it moved him back to 1. At least he's not aging up, his bar never started to glow and I played for awhile when it hit 0 watching it just in case. I'm in the boat ow where I have to watch him like crazy when the baby is born to make sure he doesn't just age up instantly before he can take his potion.

Also - your screen shots are perfect - like him falling on the treadmill LOL. And he's done paintings I haven't seen ever while playing, so cool!
  • Options

I don't think that sims can age up during pregnancy

Your right he is only 5 days to go before aging up and he does not age.

Meet Jack Nemesis. First Nemesis seems to like him.
    2r6lbwm.png

Here he is as an Alien
    2lawvo2.png

this is his hidden state
    33lh7o5.png
    219cm15.png

First nemesis and his son Jack
    xdxx52.png
    10eg7kz.png

they seem to be getting along just fine. don't know where the story will go from here.
    First Nemesis only has 4 day now before aging so he may be aging tomorrow.
    Looking forward to what happens next. A new unexpected twist has taken place.

• Options
    AWWWW so cute!
  • Options
    Don't know where this going but I am falling in love with them. I will try and see where he will regenerate to. I have to make him different. I don't know if I have to change his hidden side or not. any info on that. Also can his hidden name be different. Playing a Alien seems to be different. I also will need to change his surroundings and home. also have to pick a new aspiration and traits. Oh my so much to do and think about. I guess he will still be in SimWolrd only a different time.
  • Options
    nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    Don't know where this going but I am falling in love with them. I will try and see where he will regenerate to. I have to make him different. I don't know if I have to change his hidden side or not. any info on that. Also can his hidden name be different. Playing a Alien seems to be different. I also will need to change his surroundings and home. also have to pick a new aspiration and traits. Oh my so much to do and think about. I guess he will still be in SimWolrd only a different time.

So long as their traits are used only once, then you're good. That's the main idea of this challenge--you get to play different personalities every regeneration and get to play different aspirations. I think you should randomize The Nemesis' hidden side as well as their disguise.

As for the name, I use the First, Second, Third, etc. for their first names to keep track of their incarnations.
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top