Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• Options
    ChelotheSeaChelotheSea Posts: 17 New Member
    Hello!
    I started playing the Sims 3 during my summer vacation in 2014 (right before TS4 came out) and was instantly hooked, playing for hours and only taking breaks to give my computer a chance to cool off! I use to play the original SimCity and it was my all-time favourite game all through my youth. I remember when TS1 came out I thought it was the dumbest game anyone could possibly dream up - of course, I didn't even try it, I was so pig-headed!!! Now I'm reading about TS1 and TS2 and wishing I hadn't been so arrogant/closed-minded because they would have be SO MUCH FUN!!! Oh well...

I'm very excited to try some of the legacy challenges, and I LOVE seeing the phenomenal creations people come up with in the gallery! You people are so creative!

but most of all, I'm thrilled to have a place where I can come and be obsessed with Sims with other people who share that enthusiasm (my friends are also happy I have this so I'll stop boring them with all my Sims talk, hahaha)
  • Options
    AggelieAggelie Posts: 46 Member
    Hi!
    Thank you @rosemow for this thread! I love your signature by the way. It's truly inspiring!
    I've only discovered the Sims, when the third installment came out. I've really enjoyed the Sims 3 and most of the E.Ps. Right now I'm only playing The Sims 4 and I'm equally addicted to it.
    The game is one of my escape routes from the pressures of everyday life – it helps me relieve myself from daily stress. It's such a relaxing experience and great fun! I enjoy all the different possibilities the game offers: playing, creating Sims and families, watching them grow, building, decorating etc.
    The fact that I can also be part of a large community of fellow simmers is definitely a great plus!
    I've been visiting the forums over the years but I've not been active. I mostly come here to browse through different threads, learn new things about the game and get helpful information.
    Also, it's always such fun to discover all the different, creative and imaginative ways in which people play the same game!
    Happy simming to everyone! :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Rawla wrote: »
    I've been around in the Sims games forever. I saw an add advertisement for The Sims (1st one) in another game I bought. Probably Sim City (original). I've been hooked ever since. TS1-TS4. Definitely addicted to this game in all of its generations. Happy Simming! :smiley:

Hello @Rawla :) It is nice to meet you. It is great that you have been enjoying playing each of the versions of The Sims. Simming is lots of fun, and we can spend many happy hours Simming! It is fun watching our sims living their lives!
    Happy Simming! :)
  • Options
    Hello!
    I started playing the Sims 3 during my summer vacation in 2014 (right before TS4 came out) and was instantly hooked, playing for hours and only taking breaks to give my computer a chance to cool off! I use to play the original SimCity and it was my all-time favourite game all through my youth. I remember when TS1 came out I thought it was the dumbest game anyone could possibly dream up - of course, I didn't even try it, I was so pig-headed!!! Now I'm reading about TS1 and TS2 and wishing I hadn't been so arrogant/closed-minded because they would have be SO MUCH FUN!!! Oh well...

I'm very excited to try some of the legacy challenges, and I LOVE seeing the phenomenal creations people come up with in the gallery! You people are so creative!

but most of all, I'm thrilled to have a place where I can come and be obsessed with Sims with other people who share that enthusiasm (my friends are also happy I have this so I'll stop boring them with all my Sims talk, hahaha)

Hello @ChelotheSea :) It is nice to meet you. I hope that you enjoy doing the Legacy challenges. It is enjoyable seeing the new generations of children and watching them grow up and live their sims lives.
    There are so many creative simmers in the Simming community! It is enjoyable looking at the very creative builds and sims that they create and share to the Gallery and that they post pictures of in the forums!
    I hope that you will enjoy meeting fellow simmers here on the forums and have fun chatting about the Sims!
  • Options
    Aggelie wrote: »
    Hi!
    Thank you @rosemow for this thread! I love your signature by the way. It's truly inspiring!
    I've only discovered the Sims, when the third installment came out. I've really enjoyed the Sims 3 and most of the E.Ps. Right now I'm only playing The Sims 4 and I'm equally addicted to it.
    The game is one of my escape routes from the pressures of everyday life – it helps me relieve myself from daily stress. It's such a relaxing experience and great fun! I enjoy all the different possibilities the game offers: playing, creating Sims and families, watching them grow, building, decorating etc.
    The fact that I can also be part of a large community of fellow simmers is definitely a great plus!
    I've been visiting the forums over the years but I've not been active. I mostly come here to browse through different threads, learn new things about the game and get helpful information.
    Also, it's always such fun to discover all the different, creative and imaginative ways in which people play the same game!
    Happy simming to everyone! :)

Hello @Aggelie :) It is nice to meet you. Simming is a great and very enjoyable activity that allows us a break from real life and all the pressures or concerns that our lives hold. Simming can help us relax, and is fun at the same time!
    There are many enjoyable aspects of Simming! It is great that you have started posting on the forums. I hope that you will enjoy meeting fellow simmers of the forums, have fun posting and chatting on threads, and continue to learn new things about the game.
  • Options
    gklechagklecha Posts: 37 Member
    Hey guys! i started playing the sims when it first came out and I've been hooked since then! Right now im trying to get better at making houses. I find that a lot of my designs always end up feeling the same or with the same layout. I've been watching a lot of youtube simmers and their LetsPlays. There are a lot of really talented simmers out there!! I'm also trying to become a member....not quite sure what that truly means but i feel like since i've been playing so long and im always looking at these forums and galleries that i should make an effort :blush:
  • Options
    gklecha wrote: »
    Hey guys! i started playing the sims when it first came out and I've been hooked since then! Right now im trying to get better at making houses. I find that a lot of my designs always end up feeling the same or with the same layout. I've been watching a lot of youtube simmers and their LetsPlays. There are a lot of really talented simmers out there!! I'm also trying to become a member....not quite sure what that truly means but i feel like since i've been playing so long and im always looking at these forums and galleries that i should make an effort :blush:

Hello @gklecha :) It is nice to meet you. Building is a fun part of Simming! Watching YouTube videos are very helpful to learn building tips about building in the game. This is a link to a " Building Tips and Tutorials" thread on the forums that may be helpful for you as well.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/796520/building-tips-and-tutorials-ruthless-kk-build-guide-link-too
    It is great that you have started posting on the forums. I hope that you enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers on the forums!
  • Options
    VitalethVitaleth Posts: 19 New Member
    Hello everyone! My name is Vitale, and I'm a kid from Italy. I only started the Sims with the release of the Sims4, and since then I became addicted. Not really to the game play, but really addicted to the building. I am not the best, but I like to think I'm an alright builder. My favorite style is building traditional suburban houses. I never really built anything else, since I don't know how. But I did step outside my comfort zone, and build one modern home, which I am super thrilled and excited about. I hope to one day be able to share my builds on here with all you guys.

Anyways, I'm excited to make some awesome friends around here.
  • Options
    Vitaleth wrote: »
    Hello everyone! My name is Vitale, and I'm a kid from Italy. I only started the Sims with the release of the Sims4, and since then I became addicted. Not really to the game play, but really addicted to the building. I am not the best, but I like to think I'm an alright builder. My favorite style is building traditional suburban houses. I never really built anything else, since I don't know how. But I did step outside my comfort zone, and build one modern home, which I am super thrilled and excited about. I hope to one day be able to share my builds on here with all you guys.

Anyways, I'm excited to make some awesome friends around here.

Hello @Vitaleth :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums! Building is a very enjoyable part of Simming! It is fun deciding on what type of building we would like to create, then designing and building it, then we enjoy furnishing it to suit the needs or tastes of our sims! It is nice that you enjoy building traditional suburban homes. It is also great that you have built a modern style home too. I will look forward to seeing pictures of your builds that you post on the forums! I hope that you will enjoy meeting and making Simming friends on the forums!
  • Options
    SimsOMediaSimsOMedia Posts: 175 Member
    edited June 2015
    Hey everybody,

As you can tell I'm new here :). I've been playing the sims for probably 5 or so years on and off. For the last 2.5 years, I've been playing consistently. I've played TS2, TS3, and now TS4. I play pretty much everyday for a couple of hours, it's probably really ridiculous and I probably need to find something else to do :D . I build houses, make sims, tell stories from my sims, and record video / take screenshots of my gameplay. I also love cupcakes.

Can't wait to get to know all of you :)
    Find me here:
    Tumblr
    Youtbe

download%201.jpg
  • Options
    SimsOMedia wrote: »
    Hey everybody,

As you can tell I'm new here :). I've been playing the sims for probably 5 or so years on and off. For the last 2.5 years, I've been playing consistently. I've played TS2, TS3, and now TS4. I play pretty much everyday for a couple of hours, it's probably really ridiculous and I probably need to find something else to do :D . I build houses, make sims, tell stories from my sims, and record video / take screenshots of my gameplay. I also love cupcakes.

Can't wait to get to know all of you :)

Hello @SimsOMedia :) It is nice to meet you. It is nice that you have been enjoying playing the different versions of the Sims. They all have great features in them. It is great that you have fun simming each day. Time passes very quickly when we are playing the Sims! It is great there is a wide variety of aspects of Simming, from playing to creating to building, as well as sharing the stories and picture of our sims and their lives! You would enjoy seeing your sims using the cupcake machine!
  • Options
    AggelieAggelie Posts: 46 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello Aggelie :) It is nice to meet you. Simming is a great and very enjoyable activity that allows us a break from real life and all the pressures or concerns that our lives hold. Simming can help us relax, and is fun at the same time!
    > There are many enjoyable aspects of Simming! It is great that you have started posting on the forums. I hope that you will enjoy meeting fellow simmers of the forums, have fun posting and chatting on threads, and continue to learn new things about the game.
    > Happy Simming! :)

Thank you @rosemow for your warm welcome and for all your valuable contributions to the forum! :)
  • Options
    Moderator_PierceModerator_Pierce Posts: 142 Member
    Hello,
    I am a Sims player since late 2002, joining the then young German website in early 2003. Since summer 2003 I am acting as moderator for the German official Sims Forum, surviving 3 incarnations of forum software, at least 3 community managers and about a dozen other moderators, about half of which are the current team.
    When the forum software of 2009 went live just in time with the release of Sims 3 there were problems with the moderator accounts, so our Community Manager at that time (who is still with EA Germany but in a different position) gave me a Simguru account which had slightly more powers than a moderator account although I never used them beyond closing oder deleting threads. With the 2014 forum software now I have retained the account name but with the usual moderator powers for the German forum, no moderator powers here.

With the Sims most of the time I am more of a builder than a player although I do not share many of my creations in the Gallery or the Exchange.

Apart from Simming I enjoy reading, watching movies (fantasy, horror, crime), geocaching. I am happily married with 3 stepdaughters (all of age now) and a cute dog called Bella (only coincidence to Bella Goth, as our dog was called Arabella when we got her, but we shortened the name).
    I am working as a librarian in the department for ancient books at a university library.
  • Options
    Hello,
    I am a Sims player since late 2002, joining the then young German website in early 2003. Since summer 2003 I am acting as moderator for the German official Sims Forum, surviving 3 incarnations of forum software, at least 3 community managers and about a dozen other moderators, about half of which are the current team.
    When the forum software of 2009 went live just in time with the release of Sims 3 there were problems with the moderator accounts, so our Community Manager at that time (who is still with EA Germany but in a different position) gave me a Simguru account which had slightly more powers than a moderator account although I never used them beyond closing oder deleting threads. With the 2014 forum software now I have retained the account name but with the usual moderator powers for the German forum, no moderator powers here.

With the Sims most of the time I am more of a builder than a player although I do not share many of my creations in the Gallery or the Exchange.

Apart from Simming I enjoy reading, watching movies (fantasy, horror, crime), geocaching. I am happily married with 3 stepdaughters (all of age now) and a cute dog called Bella (only coincidence to Bella Goth, as our dog was called Arabella when we got her, but we shortened the name).
    I am working as a librarian in the department for ancient books at a university library.

Hello @SimGuru_Pierce :) It is nice to meet you. Thankyou very much for sharing with us about your Simming role on the German section of the forums.
    Building is an enjoyable part of Simming! It is fun designing, building and furnishing a variety of different types of homes and venues in the game! It is a great way of expressing our creativity!
    With you enjoying reading, you would enjoy working as a librarian in the university library. Reading books are a nice way of spending time, and when we are reading a good book, the time passes so quickly! We want to keep reading to see what happens next in the story!
  • Options
    ScreeniesimmerScreeniesimmer Posts: 55 Member
    This is a really old discussion but whatever...

Susu!
    My name is Screensimer but call me Screenie. I play The sims 2, 3 and 4. I really love to write and I am thinking of starting a story! I have also created a youtube channel where I will post the Settler challenge(New member, can't post links!). I think the forums are so much fun and can't wait to get to meet people!
  • Options
    This is a really old discussion but whatever...

Susu!
    My name is Screensimer but call me Screenie. I play The sims 2, 3 and 4. I really love to write and I am thinking of starting a story! I have also created a youtube channel where I will post the Settler challenge(New member, can't post links!). I think the forums are so much fun and can't wait to get to meet people!

Hello @Screeniesimmer :) It is nice to meet you. It is nice that you enjoy writing. Story telling and writing is a very fun and enjoyable part of Simming! It is nice telling the story of the sims in our games. It is great that you have a YouTube channel! I hope that are enjoying doing the Settler challenge. Viewers will enjoy watching your videos about the challenge. I hope that you enjoy meeting fellow simmers on the forums!
  • Options
    ScreeniesimmerScreeniesimmer Posts: 55 Member
    edited June 2015
    Can I just say that you are a VERY nice person! If you are new here on the forum you don't really get much notice. It's so sweet you actually pay attention to me! Maybe you are the very first person that I can call friend. Have a wonderful, nice and happy day!
  • Options
    Can I just say that you are a VERY nice person! If you are new here on the forum you don't really get much notice. It's so sweet you actually pay attention to me! Maybe you are the very first person that I can call friend. Have a wonderful, nice and happy day!

Hello :) Thankyou very much for your kind words. I hope that you have a very nice day too. :)
  • Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    Hello,

Stop lieing gurus are not normal members you need to be a real guru who have that green thing iam calling simguru drake to take care of you
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    Hello,

Stop lieing gurus are not normal members you need to be a real guru who have that green thing iam calling simguru drake to take care of you

How dare you! :/ I strongly take objection to your uncalled for accusation, and I have flagged your post.

Let me rephrase what I posted earlier - I had a legitimate Simguru Account on the old forum until last year, when it was carried over to this forum, it became a regular moderator account, only keeping the name. Savvy?
  • Options
    Hello,

How dare you! :/ I strongly take objection to your uncalled for accusation, and I have flagged your post.

Let me rephrase what I posted earlier - I had a legitimate Simguru Account on the old forum until last year, when it was carried over to this forum, it became a regular moderator account, only keeping the name. Savvy?

You can easily ask other guru to make you get back cause there is a lot of people who imprasonate and its not easy to tell
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    Hello,

You can easily ask other guru to make you get back cause there is a lot of people who imprasonate and its not easy to tell
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Why should I? No one has ever taken offense, and my superiors Simguru_Tolli and Simguru_Aldente did not deem it necessary.
    Also I do not plan on being here often or acting like a moderator or Simguru.

Edit: Nothing's wrong with a little caution, it's just how you phrase it. But I have yet to see someone pretending to be a Simguru. I have experienced someone on the German forum several years ago trying to seem like a moderator, but that was a time when there was nothing on the nickname to discern moderators from users, only a sticky with a list of the moderators.
  • Options
    YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    @husseinandali could u please stop writing such messages where you judge people on here. This is an Thread for everyone to introduce him- or herself and this should be a polite place. Also @SimGuru_Pierce is a real SimGuru in the German Section. I know it because I'm in that, too. If you don't believe me, you are invited to have a look in the german forums for him. But please stop being rude to him, is that okay for you? :disappointed:
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Options
    YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    So, now to the important things here: Welcome @Screeniesimmer and @SimGuru_Pierce to the forums :)
    c6fj8ujnodut.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top