Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• Options
    IiyonceIiyonce Posts: 32 Member
    my name's khalia and i'm 20. i've played the sims for as long as i can remember. my favorite game out of the series is the sims 3 and castaway. i also miss urbz a lot but there's no chance they'd make something similar to it anytime soon. i also have a youtube channel if you wanna watch my stuff.
  • Options
    IiyonceIiyonce Posts: 32 Member
    > @BeverlyDC said:
    > @rosemow I hope my laptop will last until I finally buy a house (irl) and can get a desktop to play on! Hoping it won't be too difficult to transfer my mods over without having to redownload all of them!

just get a flash drive and move them over! when i bought a new desktop i bought a flash drive too and it worked out just fine for me :) i even moved my save file to my new computer too so it's like nothing ever happened.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Iiyonce wrote: »
    my name's khalia and i'm 20. i've played the sims for as long as i can remember. my favorite game out of the series is the sims 3 and castaway. i also miss urbz a lot but there's no chance they'd make something similar to it anytime soon. i also have a youtube channel if you wanna watch my stuff.

Hello @Iiyonce :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming for a long time. You would have been enjoying playing a number of households over the time and seeing how their lives develop in your game.Simming is very enjoyable!
    It is very special that you have your own YouTube simming channel ! :) Simmers would be enjoying watching videos of the Sims from your game.
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    brandnewquietbrandnewquiet Posts: 23 Member
    Hi! I'm brandnewquiet (Amy IRL, pleased to go by either). I run the billing department at a private university and spend most of my time not working with my husband and our two ridiculous cats.

I still remember going over to a friend's house when I was probably around 13 or so and her showing me the sims game her sister was playing. We were both captivated by scandalous woohoo, lol. In my later teens I got sims 2 and have been playing ever since, but I do tend to get spurts where I play a lot and then take a long break.

The last year has been my most consistent time simming, using the sims 4. I didn't like it at first, but I think all the expansions have been awesome and gameplay is more fun/realistic than ever. Now, I've finally moved past just making myself in game and getting much more into storylines, as well as a legacy for my husband/my sims. I also just started my first challenge, I'm on baby 30 of the 100 baby challenge.

Thanks for the welcome to post! I've been on the forum for a while but didn't start posting more regularly until about a week ago. Speaking of, maybe a silly question- but how do you guys get the comments you are responding to, to appear in a box above your text? I select the quote option, but it looks much messier than how everyone else's comments look. Forum newb, I guess! :)
  • Options
    Hi! I'm brandnewquiet (Amy IRL, pleased to go by either). I run the billing department at a private university and spend most of my time not working with my husband and our two ridiculous cats.

I still remember going over to a friend's house when I was probably around 13 or so and her showing me the sims game her sister was playing. We were both captivated by scandalous woohoo, lol. In my later teens I got sims 2 and have been playing ever since, but I do tend to get spurts where I play a lot and then take a long break.

The last year has been my most consistent time simming, using the sims 4. I didn't like it at first, but I think all the expansions have been awesome and gameplay is more fun/realistic than ever. Now, I've finally moved past just making myself in game and getting much more into storylines, as well as a legacy for my husband/my sims. I also just started my first challenge, I'm on baby 30 of the 100 baby challenge.

Thanks for the welcome to post! I've been on the forum for a while but didn't start posting more regularly until about a week ago. Speaking of, maybe a silly question- but how do you guys get the comments you are responding to, to appear in a box above your text? I select the quote option, but it looks much messier than how everyone else's comments look. Forum newb, I guess! :)

Hello @brandnewquiet :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you first started simming by playing Sims 2 as a teen, then have been enjoying simming ever since. It is nice that you have times when you play a lot, then have a break, then enjoy returning to simming.
    It is very special that you are doing a legacy and are enjoying the developing story <3 I hope the legacy and your 100 baby challenge continues to go well .
    You need to become a full member before quotes appear correctly. You need to have 25points and 15 posts before you can become a full member and can then have an Avi picture, post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly and have quotes appear in grey boxes . This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934205/small-change-for-new-members#latest
    You receive a point each time another simmer presses like or awesome or insightful on a post that you have posted in a thread created by another simmer.

• Options
    SimptuousSimptuous Posts: 82 Member
    Hi, I joined the forum today after lurking for a while lol! In 2000 my partner (now my husband) bought the first sims game for me and I was instantly hooked. I've played all of the games over the years including castaway, bustin out and the urbz. I have the sims 2 and 3 on pc but am currently playing and enjoying the sims 4 on console. I'm happy to say my teenage son has also developed the bug.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Simptuous wrote: »
    Hi, I joined the forum today after lurking for a while lol! In 2000 my partner (now my husband) bought the first sims game for me and I was instantly hooked. I've played all of the games over the years including castaway, bustin out and the urbz. I have the sims 2 and 3 on pc but am currently playing and enjoying the sims 4 on console. I'm happy to say my teenage son has also developed the bug.

Hello @Simptuous :) It is nice to meet you.
    It is great that you have joined the simming forums community :)
    It is very special that your partner who is now your husband bought the original Sims 1 game for you <3 He started your time as a simmer, and has led to many fun and enjoyable hours spent simming ever since! :) It is nice that you have played all the versions of The Sims, and on different platforms. It is nice that you are currently enjoying playing the Sims 4 console version.
    It is very great that your teenage son is a simmer also! :) You would enjoy chatting about the sims households you are playing in your games.
  • Options
    CelesterraCelesterra Posts: 80 Member
    Hello! I am new to the forum. I have played the original Sims and have FINALLY upgraded to the Sims 4! Can't wait to do some challenges and make some challenges too!
  • Options
    Nasey_x8Nasey_x8 Posts: 5 New Member
    Hello Rosemow and everyone else! I'm Renee. I got into the sims years ago when I saw my brother playing the first one that came out. I loved the sims 2 and would play it all day everyday, even in the summer till it stopped working. I love and miss the sims 3, and of course I love the 4th one, even with all the stupid glitches and problems with it. Besides that, I just started using the forum like maybe a week ago
  • Options
    Celesterra wrote: »
    Hello! I am new to the forum. I have played the original Sims and have FINALLY upgraded to the Sims 4! Can't wait to do some challenges and make some challenges too!

Hello @Celesterra :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming by playing the original Sims 1 and are now playing Sims 4. I hope that you will enjoy doing the simming challenges and that they go well in your game! This is a link to a thread that contains a list of Sims 4 challenges
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/906643/sims-4-challenge-list-updated-november-12th-2018#latest
  • Options
    Nasey_x8 wrote: »
    Hello Rosemow and everyone else! I'm Renee. I got into the sims years ago when I saw my brother playing the first one that came out. I loved the sims 2 and would play it all day everyday, even in the summer till it stopped working. I love and miss the sims 3, and of course I love the 4th one, even with all the stupid glitches and problems with it. Besides that, I just started using the forum like maybe a week ago

Hello @Nasey_x8 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you started simming as a result of your brother playing the original Sims 1. It is great that then led you to enjoying playing each of the later versions also.
    I hope that you will enjoy reading the forum threads, and posting about what is happening in your games.
  • Options
    honeygirl25honeygirl25 Posts: 8 New Member
    I've been a member of this forum since 2010 but apparently, I'm considered a new member. IDEK. Anyways, I'm Selene and my origin is honeygirl25. I want to participate in build challenges.
  • Options
    I've been a member of this forum since 2010 but apparently, I'm considered a new member. IDEK. Anyways, I'm Selene and my origin is honeygirl25. I want to participate in build challenges.

Hello @honeygirl25 :) It is nice to meet you.
    It is great that you enjoy building and are entering the Build and Share challenge. Building is a very enjoyable part of simming! It is special that we can express our creativity through our builds in the game and have fun at the same time! It is great that a variety of styles, themes and venues can be created in the game.
  • Options
    BeverlyDCBeverlyDC Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Iiyonce said:
    > just get a flash drive and move them over! when i bought a new desktop i bought a flash drive too and it worked out just fine for me :) i even moved my save file to my new computer too so it's like nothing ever happened.

Brilliant idea, I don't know why I didn't think of it. Thank you!
  • Options
    jaimiemarvonjaimiemarvon Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello, I'm not a newbie but a simple player. Started with Sims 1 just before Sims 2 came out. Played a bit here and there, but real life gets in the way (lol). Purchased Sims 3 and several packs/expansions via eBay years ago. Now, many years later kids are mostly grown, I'm just a few years away from 50 (omg!) and purchased Sims 4 and extras when they were on sale. Its a great diversion from housework and real life but I'm trying not to get sucked in too far. ha ha.

Sims 4 is by far the best version so far. They've really done a great job incorporating the Gallery, Library, etc. all digitally!! All while keeping the best part of the Sims by letting users create and share with each other and the "cheats"!! LOL. Never really got into Mods/CC in the past but I'm going to try to take a stab it it soon.
  • Options
    KelleyPlaysKelleyPlays Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello there, only started playing Sims 4 after reviewing Seasons for a website & have been in love with it ever since.

Thanks for all the Dev & Player inspiration I've enjoyed lurking so far!
  • Options
    Hello, I'm not a newbie but a simple player. Started with Sims 1 just before Sims 2 came out. Played a bit here and there, but real life gets in the way (lol). Purchased Sims 3 and several packs/expansions via eBay years ago. Now, many years later kids are mostly grown, I'm just a few years away from 50 (omg!) and purchased Sims 4 and extras when they were on sale. Its a great diversion from housework and real life but I'm trying not to get plum in too far. ha ha.

Sims 4 is by far the best version so far. They've really done a great job incorporating the Gallery, Library, etc. all digitally!! All while keeping the best part of the Sims by letting users create and share with each other and the "cheats"!! LOL. Never really got into Mods/CC in the past but I'm going to try to take a stab it it soon.

Hello @jaimiemarvon :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming by playing the original Sims 1, and also played Sims 3 and packs when it was released also. It is nice that you are now playing and enjoying Sims 4. It was great that you were able to buy it and some packs when it was on sale. The community Gallery is great! It is very nice that we can all enjoy downloading creations that fellow simmers have creatively created and also have them in our games, as well as having fun enjoying uploading our own creations too! :)
  • Options
    Hello there, only started playing Sims 4 after reviewing Seasons for a website & have been in love with it ever since.

Thanks for all the Dev & Player inspiration I've enjoyed lurking so far!

Hello @KelleyPlays :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that your review of the Seasons pack led you to start playing Sims 4 and that you have been enjoying playing ever since. Seasons is a great pack! It is very nice seeing our sims experiencing the different weather conditions and having fun doing seasonal activities.
    I hope you will continue to enjoy reading the forum threads and find creative ideas to use in your own game too :)
  • Options
    SilentSaphire21SilentSaphire21 Posts: 45 Member
    i cant wait to be a member
  • Options
    i cant wait to be a member

Hello @supersimmer01 :) As you keep posting on the forum threads, you will soon become a full member :)
    Reading and posting on threads in the Challenges, Stories and Legacies section is great. The simmers there would appreciate your feedback on their Stories and their legacies.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-stories-and-legacies
  • Options
    Thank you @rosemow! It is nice to meet you too! I am definitely looking to reading the forums. I have a question though, how do you create a new thread? I wanted to create a new one for a problem I am having in case someone else is having the same problem and I couldn't figure out how to do that.
  • Options
    > @Nasey_x8 said:
    > Thank you @rosemow! It is nice to meet you too! I am definitely looking to reading the forums. I have a question though, how do you create a new thread? I wanted to create a new one for a problem I am having in case someone else is having the same problem and I couldn't figure out how to do that.
    > @rosemow
  • Options
    Nasey_x8 wrote: »
    Thank you @rosemow! It is nice to meet you too! I am definitely looking to reading the forums. I have a question though, how do you create a new thread? I wanted to create a new one for a problem I am having in case someone else is having the same problem and I couldn't figure out how to do that.

Hello @Nasey_x8 :)
    New members are unable to start new threads until they become full members. You need to have 25points and 15 posts before you can become a full member and can then have an Avi picture, post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly and have quotes appear in grey boxes . This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934205/small-change-for-new-members#latest
    You receive a point each time another simmer presses like or awesome or insightful on a post that you have posted in a thread created by another simmer.
    You will be able to start a new thread when you become a full member.

It would be best to post about your problem on the AHQ EA site
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
  • Options
    JinosaurMJinosaurM Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi Simmers! This is actually the first time I've joined the sims community and I've been playing Sims 1 to 4, involving all the expansion packs and stuff packs since my childhood. I spend more time on creating the lots than playing the sims but when I play sims, I make wild stories! I hope once I become a new member, the community would enjoy my creativity and I get to enjoy all of your creative ideas.
  • Options
    JinosaurM wrote: »
    Hi Simmers! This is actually the first time I've joined the sims community and I've been playing Sims 1 to 4, involving all the expansion packs and stuff packs since my childhood. I spend more time on creating the lots than playing the sims but when I play sims, I make wild stories! I hope once I become a new member, the community would enjoy my creativity and I get to enjoy all of your creative ideas.

Hello @JinosaurM :) It nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have played all of the versions of the Sims games, and have been playing since your childhood. You would have special memories of fun and enjoyable times spent simming over the years <3
    Building is a very special part of simming! It allows us to express our creativity through the game, enjoy designing homes of many styles, themes and colour schemes, and have fun seeing our sims living in our homes or visiting venues!
    It is great that you make up creative background stories for your sims!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top