Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Oh, I guess there's still a while to go! Maybe I'll have enough points soon.

I hope that you will soon get the required points :)
  • Options
    brinadaniellebrinadanielle Posts: 96 Member
    Oh, I guess there's still a while to go! Maybe I'll have enough points soon.

I know...I'm on here looking for things I have an interest in...I wanna participate in the storytelling, but that's more fun when you can post links and pics.
  • Options
    brinadaniellebrinadanielle Posts: 96 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    (I couldn't quote you because you had a link)

I actually read that a few hours ago and was highly dissapointed. But thanks anyway for saying again.

I hope that you will soon get the required points and posts.

Do you have any tips on quickly acquiring points?
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    rosemow wrote: »
    (I couldn't quote you because you had a link)

I actually read that a few hours ago and was highly dissapointed. But thanks anyway for saying again.

I hope that you will soon get the required points and posts.

Do you have any tips on quickly acquiring points?

Hello :)
    Try keeping on posting on the different sections of the forums and you will soon get the points/posts. The off topic section is a good place to post, and also it is great reading the threads in the Stories and Legacies section of the forums and posting on these threads about the lives of sims that are in other simmers games,
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-stories-and-legacies
  • Options
    skatoolakiskatoolaki Posts: 41 Member
    Greetings and salutations, fellow simmers! skatoolaki here, once and former mayor of the great state of Skasimlaki. I'm a longtime simmer and have owned every game, expansion, fun/stuff pack since the original game in 2000 (favorite version, The Sims 2).

My mother & sister are also huge fans and longtime players and we are always swapping sim stories and silly antics that go on in our individual households. My 10 year-old niece also plays so I guess you could say there are three generations of simmers between us. We, quite simply, love this game to pieces and I can't imagine us ever not loving it.

Looking forward to being more active on the forums and trying (yet again) to actually finish a full legacy challenge (gen 5 was just birthed, so there's hope!). I enjoy reading others' sim stories, seeing how others are faring with various challenges, and just chatting it up with other simmers. I really could go on for days about my sims and, as this can be an issue with non-Sims fans, think I'm in just the right place. Cheers to all. :smile:
    Skasimlaki (my The Sims 2 site)
    Elizabeth's Legacy (The Sims 2 Legacy Challenge site)
    Tudor Hills Asylum (The Sims 3 Asylum Challenge site)
    The Swain Legacy (The Sims 4, and my current, Legacy Challenge site)
  • Options
    skatoolaki wrote: »
    Greetings and salutations, fellow simmers! skatoolaki here, once and former mayor of the great state of Skasimlaki. I'm a longtime simmer and have owned every game, expansion, fun/stuff pack since the original game in 2000 (favorite version, The Sims 2).

My mother & sister are also huge fans and longtime players and we are always swapping sim stories and silly antics that go on in our individual households. My 10 year-old niece also plays so I guess you could say there are three generations of simmers between us. We, quite simply, love this game to pieces and I can't imagine us ever not loving it.

Looking forward to being more active on the forums and trying (yet again) to actually finish a full legacy challenge (gen 5 was just birthed, so there's hope!). I enjoy reading others' sim stories, seeing how others are faring with various challenges, and just chatting it up with other simmers. I really could go on for days about my sims and, as this can be an issue with non-Sims fans, think I'm in just the right place. Cheers to all. :smile:

Hello @skatoolaki :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you have owned every game version, expansion and other packs that has be released since the original sims 1! The packs add great new features, worlds, ventures, activities and build/buy mode and cas items to the games!
    It is very special that your family members are simmers also <3 You would enjoy sharing about your simming experiences with each other and chatting about the sims in your game.
    I hope that your current legacy challenge goes very well!
    I hope that you will continue to enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers on the forum threads, learn new helpful game play tips and enjoy posting about the sims that are in your game.
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    lyssanlyssan Posts: 53 Member
    Hi, everyone!
    I have been playing The Sims since day 1 and I have been lurking this forum around since... turns out 7 years? although when I was way way way younger I used to be quite an active member on the Polish sims board too (I mean WAY younger, so glad all of that got swollen by the black hole of Internet by now).
    I have decided to finally speak up mostly because I got into building for the first time since I started my simming and I am just got obsessed with looking at other people's builds + I could really do with some feedback on mine.
    IRL I am a data scientist and a blogger (although I do not blog about data science), I have a cat and I love taking pictures of squirrels.

(p.s. Is there an option to change the username on the forums? Mine is eeeee way outdated and I would love for it to actually reflect my Origin ID...)
  • Options
    lyssan wrote: »
    Hi, everyone!
    I have been playing The Sims since day 1 and I have been lurking this forum around since... turns out 7 years? although when I was way way way younger I used to be quite an active member on the Polish sims board too (I mean WAY younger, so glad all of that got swollen by the black hole of Internet by now).
    I have decided to finally speak up mostly because I got into building for the first time since I started my simming and I am just got obsessed with looking at other people's builds + I could really do with some feedback on mine.
    IRL I am a data scientist and a blogger (although I do not blog about data science), I have a cat and I love taking pictures of squirrels.

(p.s. Is there an option to change the username on the forums? Mine is eeeee way outdated and I would love for it to actually reflect my Origin ID...)

Hello @lyssan :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming since the release of the original sims 1. You would have enjoyed creating many sims over the years and watching them live their sim lives in your games !
    It is great that you have started building in the sims! Building homes and venues is a very special way of expressing our creativity in the game! I will look forward to,seeing pictures of your builds!
    I hope that your career work as a data scientist is going well. It is nice that you have cat. Cats are very nice pets to,have and they become special parts of our family.
    If you would like to change your username, post a message on SimGuruDrake's wall asking if she could change your username for you.
  • Options
    lyssanlyssan Posts: 53 Member
    Thanks for the warm welcome and advice @rosemow :) Hope you're having a lovely day!
    To be perfectly honest, I still play all the sims games on rotation - yes, I have them all installed at once, although I had to shift 3 to my boyfriend's laptop at one point - so not much have changed in my life since 200, haha.
  • Options
    lyssan wrote: »
    Thanks for the warm welcome and advice @rosemow :) Hope you're having a lovely day!
    To be perfectly honest, I still play all the sims games on rotation - yes, I have them all installed at once, although I had to shift 3 to my boyfriend's laptop at one point - so not much have changed in my life since 200, haha.

You're welcome :)
  • Options
    BenzillaBenzilla Posts: 11 New Member
    Good day everyone. My name is Ben, and I've been playing the sims since I received TS1 as a christmas gift when I was eleven. I'm 26 now and still play regularly. I'm a historical builder for the most part, lots of architecturally correct giant old mansions have been my signature since TS2 came out and gave us better means of building. I can not wait to become a full member so that I can share pictures of my architecture with you.
  • Options
    Benzilla wrote: »
    Good day everyone. My name is Ben, and I've been playing the sims since I received TS1 as a christmas gift when I was eleven. I still play regularly. I'm a historical builder for the most part, lots of architecturally correct giant old mansions have been my signature since TS2 came out and gave us better means of building. I can not wait to become a full member so that I can share pictures of my architecture with you.

Hello @Benzilla :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you first starting simming by playing Sims 1 after receiving it is a gift for Christmas when a child. It was a very special Christmas present that has resulted in you enjoying many fun and creative simming hours ever since !
    It is great that you enjoy building in the game. It is a special way of expressing our creativity and have fun too! The type of builds that you create sound very creatively grand and nice! I will look forward to seeing pictures of them!
    Happy simming and building! :)
  • Options
    simmisammisimmisammi Posts: 63 Member
    Hi everyone I'm Sam!! I started playing the sims when I got the sims 3 for wii. I ended up getting the sims 3 pc starter pack for my mac, but sadly it didn't work very good (and confused me horribly). I am so happy though that I have the sims 4 on my MacBook Pro now and I enjoy every minute of playing it!!! (minus all the times it freezes and tries to crash and gets all whacky) I decided to join the forum because I was trying to create a challenge for the sims game, and I wanted to share it with people. I created my account in hopes of becoming more of a member in the sims community, and also express how I play the game, what I have in common with other players, but also be able to share and express my ideas and feelings about the game and future EP, GP, and SP. I have really enjoyed my time on here so far (I joined Feb 15th 2017) and I'm hoping to become a full member within the next 3-4 months, hopefully sooner since I am confined to my house everyday due to health problems. I have hopes for meeting new people, creating some friends, and sharing interest and having good chats with people who have something in common with me: the sims 4 and my love for it :)
  • Options
    simmisammi wrote: »
    Hi everyone I'm Sam!! I started playing the sims when I got the sims 3 for wii. I ended up getting the sims 3 pc starter pack for my mac, but sadly it didn't work very good (and confused me horribly). I am so happy though that I have the sims 4 on my MacBook Pro now and I enjoy every minute of playing it!!! (minus all the times it freezes and tries to crash and gets all whacky) I decided to join the forum because I was trying to create a challenge for the sims game, and I wanted to share it with people. I created my account in hopes of becoming more of a member in the sims community, and also express how I play the game, what I have in common with other players, but also be able to share and express my ideas and feelings about the game and future EP, GP, and SP. I have really enjoyed my time on here so far (I joined Feb 15th 2017) and I'm hoping to become a full member within the next 3-4 months, hopefully sooner since I am confined to my house everyday due to health problems. I have hopes for meeting new people, creating some friends, and sharing interest and having good chats with people who have something in common with me: the sims 4 and my love for it :)

Hello @simmisammi :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you started simming by playing Sims 3 on Wii and now that has led you onto to playing Sims 4 on Mac.
    It is exciting that you are creating a sims challenge to share with the simming community! Simmers will enjoy finding out details of your challenge! Challenges are a great part of simming! They help us to play the game in new ways than we may normally play.
    I hope that you will continue to enjoy reading the forum threads, posting about your simming experiences, meet fellow simmers and enjoy chatting about The Sims game!
    I am sorry to hear that you have health problems that mean that you need to remain home each day. I send hugs to you <3 as you live day by day with your health issues and their effects on your life. Simming is a great way to allow a break away from real life and all that it is holding. It doesn't take away pain we may have, but helps us as we endure through it.
  • Options
    spellcheck07spellcheck07 Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi everyone. You can call me spellcheck. :)

I mainly came here hoping to get some help, but I can't figure out how to post a new thread.

I'm having trouble trying to play households with multiple Sims who want to do different things. I find it very annoying that when I have one of my Sims travel to the gym, I cannot control any of the other Sims in the household or control what they are doing.

Just now, I had one of my Sims travel to the gym. Right before she left, I had her husband go to sleep in the bed. She was only gone a few hours, and when she went home, her husband was no longer sleeping, but definitely should not have been awake yet. His energy bar was not even full. Does anybody have any suggestions?
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Hi everyone. You can call me spellcheck. :)

I mainly came here hoping to get some help, but I can't figure out how to post a new thread.

I'm having trouble trying to play households with multiple Sims who want to do different things. I find it very annoying that when I have one of my Sims travel to the gym, I cannot control any of the other Sims in the household or control what they are doing.

Just now, I had one of my Sims travel to the gym. Right before she left, I had her husband go to sleep in the bed. She was only gone a few hours, and when she went home, her husband was no longer sleeping, but definitely should not have been awake yet. His energy bar was not even full. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Hello @spellcheck07 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!

There is usually a blue new discussion button at the top right hand side of the screen in the forum sections. But new discussion threads have been restricted for new members. You are unable to start a new thread until you become a full member, even if previously you were able to start a new thread . This has been brought in as a result of spambots.
    You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, edit posts , post links and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know

Are you playing Sims 4 ? When the active sim travels to another lot, the other sims at home have the " care for self" state. They should be caring for their own needs. Sometimes when sims leave the home whilst the other sims are asleep, the sims will be awake when they get home.

Simmers have posted about it on this thread link
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/827149/sims-control-what-does-care-for-self-mean
  • Options
    Thank you @rosemow ! Yes, I'm playing Sims 4. Sorry I wasn't specific. >.< I have noticed the care for self thing. I will have to try it out. I wouldn't be as concerned about my other Sim being awake when the 1st Sim comes home if it weren't for the fact that it was about 4am! (The Sim who went to the gym has the "Never Weary" reward unlocked... or at least I think that's what it's called.)

I had a feeling that I could not start a new thread because of not being a full member yet, but nothing I had read about it specifically stated that new members cannot start new threads. I wish this weren't true because that is part of why I came to this forum, was to ask for help. But I don't see how I can do that easily if I can't find a thread about it that already exists. Oh well. Thank you for clarifying!

I also was told by an EAGames person of some sort that I should come on here to report a bug, but that seems like it might be difficult if I cannot create a new thread.

Thank you so much for the welcome and the help! :)
  • Options
    Oops just now noticed the link you posted. I must have skimmed over it on accident. Thanks for posting that link. I will check out that thread!
  • Options
    Thank you @rosemow ! Yes, I'm playing Sims 4. Sorry I wasn't specific. >.< I have noticed the care for self thing. I will have to try it out. I wouldn't be as concerned about my other Sim being awake when the 1st Sim comes home if it weren't for the fact that it was about 4am! (The Sim who went to the gym has the "Never Weary" reward unlocked... or at least I think that's what it's called.)

I had a feeling that I could not start a new thread because of not being a full member yet, but nothing I had read about it specifically stated that new members cannot start new threads. I wish this weren't true because that is part of why I came to this forum, was to ask for help. But I don't see how I can do that easily if I can't find a thread about it that already exists. Oh well. Thank you for clarifying!

I also was told by an EAGames person of some sort that I should come on here to report a bug, but that seems like it might be difficult if I cannot create a new thread.

Thank you so much for the welcome and the help! :)

Oops just now noticed the link you posted. I must have skimmed over it on accident. Thanks for posting that link. I will check out that thread!

Hello :) You're welcome.
    New members originally were able to start new threads, but there has been restrictions introduced due to spambots. Once you become a full member, you can start new threads, as well as then post pictures, have a signature, edit posts , post links and change your profile picture
    You receive a point each time another simmer presses like or awesome or insightful on a post that you have posted. Keep posting on the different sections of the forums and you will soon get the points/posts. The off topic section is a good place to start posting
  • Options
    MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member
    Hello,
    My name is MyFavoritedesign. I've been playing the sims for a year .
    I love the Sims 4 and this forum. ♥♥♥
    7HX1Vwg.png
  • Options
    Hello,
    My name is MyFavoritedesign. I've been playing the sims for a year .
    I love the Sims 4 and this forum. ♥♥♥

Hello @MyFavoritedesign :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to posting on the forums!
    it is nice that you have been simming for a year. Simming is fun! It is great that we can enjoy creating sims, buolding homes and venues, and watching the sims living their lives in our games!
  • Options
    MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member
    Thank you for warm welcoming. <3
    7HX1Vwg.png
  • Options
    JazztizzJazztizz Posts: 627 Member
    Hi everyone. Thanks Rosemow for inviting me to introduce myself here. I'm Tizz. On the TS1 forum I was Jazztizz, TableDancing and UPotM and on TS2 Manfrengensenden. It's been a really long while since I visited an official forum, probably RSN left us in 2007. (Ricky H.∞♥∞ RIP) My Origin name is Zevath (a character in a book I wrote for Nano based on my gorgeous hubs =). I'm a mom and grandmom living in the US. My daughter is in the UK as are several of my friends who I hope to find here as well since I met many on TS1 and on the GMC (Moonsongs there). Let's see -- well, I hope to reconnect with friends from the old forums and meet new people who love the sims too. I just finished the fun 33-day CAS challenge (sorry I don't remember who posted it but it was very creative and fun!) I'd love your opinion on my sims. I don't have vampires yet but I love shows about the supernatural. A few of my sims are from Mystic Falls. =) I'm still learning to remember to use Hashtags and learning to build in TS4 which is SO cool. I really love this version of the game. If you know of a nice beginner building challenge please let me know! Thanks!
    Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif
  • Options
    Jazztizz wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Thanks Rosemow for inviting me to introduce myself here. I'm Tizz. On the TS1 forum I was Jazztizz, TableDancing and UPotM and on TS2 Manfrengensenden. It's been a really long while since I visited an official forum, probably RSN left us in 2007. (Ricky H.∞♥∞ RIP) My Origin name is Zevath (a character in a book I wrote for Nano based on my gorgeous hubs =). I'm a mom and grandmom living in the US. My daughter is in the UK as are several of my friends who I hope to find here as well since I met many on TS1 and on the GMC (Moonsongs there). Let's see -- well, I hope to reconnect with friends from the old forums and meet new people who love the sims too. I just finished the fun 33-day CAS challenge (sorry I don't remember who posted it but it was very creative and fun!) I'd love your opinion on my sims. I don't have vampires yet but I love shows about the supernatural. A few of my sims are from Mystic Falls. =) I'm still learning to remember to use Hashtags and learning to build in TS4 which is SO cool. I really love this version of the game. If you know of a nice beginner building challenge please let me know! Thanks!

Hello @Jazztizz :)
    It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice you used to be a part of the Sims 1 and 2 forums. I hope that you will be able to find simming friends here that you had then.
    You would enjoy catching up with the news from your family in the U.K. over the Internet, and using services such as FaceTime. It can be hard though when our loved ones live far away <3
    I hope that you may soon be able to get the Vampires pack. Simmers are enjoying playing their sims as vampires!
    Building in Sims 4 is very enjoyable ! The roofing tool is great! Building is a special part of simming and a great way of expressing our creativity. This is a link to a list of a variety of different building challenges.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/838133/build-challenges-links-thread#latest

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top