Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    I am sorry to hear that the old medication that you were on was deepening your depression @Gwiniel . I hope that the new medication will help you. It is awful that it is causing you to have bad nausea :( I really hope that this will soon pass as your body slows gets used to the medication. I send hugs to you <3 and continue to keep you in my thoughts as you live day by day with your health issues.
  • Options
    SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    @Gwiniel Though I am sorry that you are having a hard adjustment period I'm glad you have a new medication and hope the adjustment nausea passes soon. I'm happy to hear that you are feeling better in general, though, and have been able to enjoy your game (and therefore, I assume, additional daily activities). I've been okay. A bit annoyed to deal with a splint on my left hand. Injured it falling down in my kitchen. At least it's my non-dominant hand, so it could have been much worse. <3
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • Options
    JazztizzJazztizz Posts: 627 Member
    @Gwiniel thanks so much for the warm welcome and the explanation about the achronym. I really enjoy learning new things about building in TS4 as well -- but slowly! Thanks also for your very kind words about my study room.

@Nym115 thank you. It's a great subject. I wanted to be a vet. Then I saw a dog get hit and that was all she wrote. I cried for days!

@Isnishi thanks so much! *big hugs* to you!

@Aljay thank you for letting me know.

@Rosemow thanks for another great challenge idea! Loving the builds so far, but then I always do. My family thinks I'm looking at kitten pictures or something when I view this thread. "Oooh!" and "Oh wow how cute!" and "Oh man, I love that!" :blush:

Here's my entry for the week.

213th Week Theme: A room based on catalog wall art.
    Gallery Room Name: Pillow Talk
    Origin ID: Zevath
    Details:
    Features "This Old Thing? Conversation Piece" painting for Rosemow's 213th #oneroomoneweekonetheme challenge #zevath #bedroom

MAMM11x.jpg
    Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif
  • Options
    The bedroom is very lovely! @Jazztizz :) It is very nice that you based the room on the "This Old Thing? Conversation Piece" painting, and that you have placed it on the bedhead wall .The blue and white color scheme is very nice and complements well with the colours of the painting.Very nice curtains used, and the patterned floor print rug is nice! The lamp, clock and books on the bedside tables are very nice homely touches. The white coloured closet looks elegantly nice!
    It is a very lovely bedroom, inspired by the painting! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge :)
  • Options
    I am sorry that you injured your left hand when you fell down in the kitchen @SheriGR :( It would have been so painful! I send hugs to you <3 and hope that the healing process goes smoothly.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Thank you so much @rosemow ! You are always so very kind. <3
    Sims 4 Gallery
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    I'm sorry to hear your medications were causing you so many problems @Gwiniel. I hope the nausea goes away soon as your body adjusts. And @SheriGR, sorry to hear about your injury! Hugs to both of you and my best wishes for a smooth recovery!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    Entry Form
    Theme for the week: A bedroom based on wallart from the build mode catalog
    Gallery name of room : Waxing Perennial Dreams
    Origin id : AlJay2000
    Description : I chose the Waxing Perennial artwork for my inspiration :)
    Pictures of the room :
    W18wpFm.png
    Uf7rmEX.png
    oBestHh.png
    pwfMtzb.png
    WS9wzt0.png
    WVgcTtC.png
  • Options
    emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member
    edited May 2019

Hi @rosemow I wanted to do a vampire room, but my last builds are vampires related so I'm trying to do some "normal", "real" rooms now to refresh my mind lol So here is a "real" kitchen. I like more the fried eggs painting but I used it in another kitchen. So this time we will have pancakes and bacon for breakfast:

Entry Form
    Theme for the week: A Kitchen, bedroom or bathroom based on a Sims 4 game painting, picture, wallart from the build mode catalogue
    Gallery name of room: Breakfast Kitchen
    Origin id: osiazul
    Object: a painting from Dine Out GP named: Sunny Side Up Prints
    Pictures of the room:

sjxLHoq.png
    i19fWUP.png
    1JkKB98.png
    7DgARln.png
    ifUF87i.png
  • Options
    Waxing Perennial Dream is a very lovely and natural bedroom! @AlJay :) The colour scheme is so very restful, natural and calming, and complements very well with the Waxing Perennial artwork! The wooden and green walls are very nice. It is nice that you have placed the artwork on the bedhead wall. The clock and tissues are nice homely touches on the bedside tables. The flowers and candles on the table at the foot of the bed , on the tv table, on top of the closet and on the study desk are very pretty and calming touches. Lovely vase of green flowers in the corner nook. It is nice there is a study desk nook in the room for Sims to enjoy sitting there using the computer or reading a book. The pen holder and book are nice study desk touches. The brown teddy is cute! Sims will enjoy checking their appearance in the pretty floral full length mirror. Very nice windows sofa alcove nook! Sims will enjoy sitting there with sunshine coming in onto them through the windows. The floral wreath and patterned floor rugs are very nice and goes very well with the wallart! The fish are restful for Sims to look at. They will enjoy watching tv.
    It is a very peaceful bedroom that has been based on the very nice art! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge! :)
  • Options
    Breakfast Kitchen is a very lovely, homely and warm kitchen! @emere :) It is very nice that you based it on the pancakes and bacon art. Very nice design and layout of the room! The natural wooden walls and white cabinets on it are very nice!Very nice curved bar stool and sink counter! It looks great the way it is connected to the brick wall which showcases the wallart. Sims will enjoy looking at the wallart whilst sitting on the stools eating a meal. The dish rack is a great touch beside the sink. They will enjoy listening to music from the Linz speaker whilst cooking and dining. The fruit bowl,cake stand, spice set, teapots cabinet, wall knives , wall utensils, menu art and shelving with cannisters on it are nice home kitchen touches. They will like having a cup of coffee for breakfast with their meal
    It is a very nice breakfast kitchen which showcases the delicious looking pancakes and bacon art! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge :)
  • Options
    emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Thanks again @Jazztizz o:)

Thanks @Gwiniel for the review o:) I hope that you will be 100% ok soon <3

@nym1997 your room is sweet and yummy like ice cream, I love that you put some scoops at the counter :#

Lol @Peachy_Pigeon I should look at your entry before, it took me time to found the name of the painting (my game is in spanish)! I love to see that someone else loves this painting too <3 Lovely country style kitchen :#

Awesome constrast between @Jazztizz and @ArrowBuilds bedrooms B) As I always see my builds as scenarios I can see two different stories in those rooms. If a room can show you a story, it have soul :#

Yay @AlJay I love that painting! You did a beautiful job with the bed! It is a bed from seasons? I did not like that those beds do not have headboard :| Awesome solution. The color palette is so relaxing o:)

Thanks @rosemow for the challenge and the review <3

• Options
    edited May 2019
    @AlJay I love the flower pictures over the bed in your lovely room!! Well done on the room, as always! <3 ... and who made the pictures and are they in the gallery?
    Sims 4 Gallery
  • Options
    AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    Thank you so much @rosemow for your nice review of my room :)
    Thank you @emere Yes the bed is from Seasons. I agree, it does need a headboard. It changes the whole appearance.
    Thank you @SheriGR The pictures above the bed are called "Waxing Perennial" I believe that they are from the backyard stuff pack.
  • Options
    CrayonlessCrayonless Posts: 20 Member
    edited May 2019
    Hello! This is my first build challenge ever. Here's my room:

Theme for the week: A room based on a Sims 4 catalogue picture.

Gallery name of room: Tragic Clown Themed Room

Origin id: Crayonless

Object: The Classic Tragic Clown Sims Painting

Description: It's a great room to sit in if you're feeling a little blue.
  • Options
    Yoep69U.png
    sR7t6b7.png
    5bn4kfE.png
    kqu5h2t.png

Tragic Blue Living Room.
  • Options
    GwinielGwiniel Posts: 996 Member
    Thank you @rosemow, @SheriGR, @lsnishi and @emere for the love and care <3<3<3

@SheriGR I'm really sorry to hear you hurt your hand, let alone fell in the first place. Much hugs to you <3<3<3
  • Options
    luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,783 Member

Entry Form
    The theme for the week is : A Kitchen, bedroom or bathroom based on a Sims 4 game painting, picture, wallart from the build mode catalogue
    Chosen Art is 'Panels of Perfection' Barn scene.
    Gallery name of room : Country Sunflower Kitchen
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/0821191A83C911E980153A2BA909C664?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=luckyheather&max=50&maxis=false
    Origin id : luckyheather
    Notes: Pictures are by roseymow, nat052970, juwels64 and blushnugget
    Screenshots
    h6ooTAO.png
    mqpdUfk.png
    MEaLP4c.png
    KYXQf3Q.png
    EG8VGzJ.png
    0HhttuI.png
    DDK0Fez.png
    Nkj1yuD.png
    8fdfunl.png
    Zief1Yc.png
    1bnvFzv.png
    t0HYkRY.png
    aU5XjyZ.png
    JDUXYIx.png
  • Options
    Nym115Nym115 Posts: 91 Member
    @Jazztizz - Oh no I'm sorry to hear about the dog :( .. But still I really like what you did with your bedroom. I love how the wallart you chose gives a sort of mirrored look to the navy blue and white themes.

@AlJay - Your Dreams bedroom looks so relaxing. And that flower piece is one of my favorites.

@emere - Thank you for the compliment. I was just learning about the buy-debug feature and was like "AH! I can put food out!" :open_mouth:

I have to say doing these challenges have inspired be to look into something along the lines of interior design. But until then, I'm having fun with these challenges <3
    ae7.gif
  • Options
    gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    Entry Form
    Theme for the week: A Kitchen, bedroom or bathroom based on a Sims 4 game painting, picture, wallart from the build mode catalogue
    Gallery name of room: Retro Kitchen
    Origin id: gmcrozier
    Object: Sunny Side Up Prints, for some reason when I see this print I always think of a diner and...... when I think of diners, the classic 50's diner comes to my mind.
    Pictures of the room:
    S4LgUtc.png
    eFoMP5A.png
    GtmeQ2v.png
    zsAgJpL.png
    uzjl0d6.png
    v5ATJav.png
  • Options
    Hello @Crayonless :) Welcome to the room challenge thread! It is so very nice and special that you have joined us and have created a room for this week's challenge ! Thankyou so very much! :) I hope that you will enjoy entering future week’s challenges also :)
    Tragic Clown Themed Room is a very nice living room based on the Tragic Clown painting! The design, layout and furnishing of the room and blue colour schemes are very nice! The blue and yellow circles wallpaper, blue circles floor prints and blue patterned flooring gives a great look to the room, and suits the Tragic Clown picture so very well! It looks very nice the way you showcased the Tragic Clown painting in the room, by placing it on a special formed wall and having balloons either sides of it. It will be great for Sims to look at as they sit on the chairs watching tv or reading a book from the bookcase, It looks creatively great the way you placed the two art pallette tables either sides of the counters to create another table, to reflect that the wallart is a painting. Listening to music from the stereo may help them if they are feeling sad. The blue hanging stars and streamer balloons look great in the room! The blue beehive wall shelving with items in it looks great! Sims will enjoy using the bubbles machine. The other Tragic Clown painting and the spider web look great in the corner nooks!
    It is a very creatively nice blue themed room to reflect the Tragic Clown Painting :) Thankyou again very much for entering this week’s challenge! :)
  • Options
    Country Sunflower Kitchen is a very lovely warm, homely and country style kitchen! @luckyheather :) It is very nice that you based it on the Panels of Perfection:Barn scene picture. Very nice kids play corner to showcase the item! It looks great that homely picket fencing separates it off. The sunflowers pictures look very nice and sunny either sides of the wallart item and the string of country style pictures under it, sunflower floor rug and the hen with basket of eggs suits the room well! The cat is cute! Sims will enjoy sitting there reading a book, doing artwork on the activities table , playing with toys and using the building blocks table . Very nice furnishing of the room areas! The yellow flowers, sun decor, yellow butterflies and countystyle pictures look great on the walls! Very nice cooking area! The wood country themed and homely cabinets and counters look very nice how they are placed there. Very creatively nice designed island double stoves and sink counter! The greenery covered trellis looks nice over the top of it. The hanging pots and pans, knives, wall utensils, hanging herbs, utensils and other decor items are nice home kitchen touches. Sims will enjoy sitting at the dining table on the country style white dining chairs eating meals, with nice sunshine coming in through the windows. The sunflowers on the dining table, on the stoves and sink counter, and in the Pets corner nook near the fencing are very cheerful and lovely for Sims to look at as they are cooking and dining. It is great there is a laundry nook in the room! Very nice pets corner nook! The dog bone rug is great! Thankyou very much for using my artwork in your lovely county style kitchen room! <3:)
    It is a lovely country style sunflowers themed kitchen! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge! :)
  • Options
    @rosemow Thank you so much for your lovely words! I'm looking forward to having another go next week! :)
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Retro Kitchen is a great 50’s style diner kitchen! @gmcrozier :) It suits the Sunny Side up print so well! You have captured the 50’s diner look and feel so very well! The red, white and black colour scheme, the chequered black and white flooring, the bar stool counter with the red stools, the red booth seating and table nook and the diner table with red chairs and condiments on the tables look very great! Very nice furnishing of the kitchen cooking nook area. The red cabinets look very nice on the white brick walls, the kitchen shelving with cannisters and the hanging pans and wall knives look great there. The retro oven is great to cook meals in and the retro fridge is great! The old 50’s style picture, wall decor, 50s clock, food signs, photos and neon bar lights look great on the walls! Sims will enjoy listening to juke box music whilst cooking and dining! Very nice windows sink nook. The red blinds used and the types of lights used through the room suits the room type well.
    It is a very nice retro themed 50’s diner kitchen that suits the picture very well! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top