Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    Peachy_PigeonPeachy_Pigeon Posts: 3 New Member
    This will be my first time partaking in a challenge for the sims! This one sounds really interesting and I'm excited to see everyone else's creations :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    This will be my first time partaking in a challenge for the sims! This one sounds really interesting and I'm excited to see everyone else's creations :)

Hello @Peachy_Pigeon :) Welcome to the room challenge thread! It is so very nice and special that you have joined us and are planning on creating a room for this week's challenge ! Thankyou so very much! I will look forward to seeing your room! :)

Because you aren't a member yet, you can't post pictures that appear , but you can upload your screenshot pictures of yout room to a photo sharing site such as imgur , then right click the picture on the photo sharing site and copy/paste the image address link here, I can then post the picture for you
    You will need though to replace the http in the address of the images with h.t.t.p as you are a new member and can’t post links.
    Happy simming and creating! :)
  • Options
    GwinielGwiniel Posts: 996 Member
    Biology Study Room is ingenious @Nym115. Very cool idea to create the study based on 1 subject and the colors with laid-back furniture are great together <3<3<3

Stress Stopping Serenity is a marvelous study reflecting the under the sea theme you've chosen for Amy @coolsim9999999. Relaxing and comfortable, yet somehow energizing <3<3<3

Amy’s Study is peaceful and very cozy @Jazztizz. Love that corner armchair with reading light and the stack of books! The family photos are a lovely touch <3<3<3

Study Mode: -Clone Self is a marvelous, hilarious entry @WhiteMojo. Absolutely love that zen frog painting xD And the fact that the clone is playing sims instead studying <3<3<3

Girls Study Room is absolutely adorable @ArrowBuilds. Love those gentle pastel colors, brightness, happiness and simplicity <3<3<3

Study is a calm, mature room with touches of childhood memories here and there @Valuzza90. Beautifully detailed and furnished, love those inspiring quotes <3<3<3

Beach Brain is a gorgeous, relaxing and beautifully made room @AlJay. Reminds Amy of the sweet price after the finals - holiday! Love how you did the bookcase! <3<3<3

Modern Study is very beautiful and delicate cherry/apple blossom color themed room @EmilieFlora. Lovely furnishing <3<3<3

Studying for Exams is stunning beyond words @emere - it's as close to perfection as you can get! Colors, textures, layout, furniture choices, everything just clicks together in perfect harmony (and I'm not saying this just because it was Maxis faved, I truly think it's amazing) <3<3<3

Purple Power Study is gorgeous and magical beyond my vocabulary @luckyheather. Truly adore that spectacular purple theme and the rock ambiance <3<3<3

Life’a Beach is a magnificent beach themed study @lsnishi. Love everything about it from colors, textures and furnishing to layout and details. It's cool how it also looks like a home office <3<3<3

Ocean Breeze is gorgeous in all its simplicity and elegance @WrathofCath. The room is like a tiny paradise <3<3<3

Calming Influence Study is beautiful @Allears. Love those details and cozy, relaxed ambiance throughout the room. Even has a little gold fish <3<3<3
  • Options
    Valuzza90Valuzza90 Posts: 208 Member
    Thanks @Jazztizz and @Gwiniel ^_^
    @rosemow interesting new challenge! ;)
  • Options
    AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    Thank you so much @Gwiniel! :)
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • Options
    AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    Thank you @Gwiniel <3
  • Options
    Nym115Nym115 Posts: 91 Member
    Thank you @Gwiniel
    Also I'm looking forward to everyone's creations as well for this upcoming challenge. I'm still in the process of choosing which painting/wallart I'm going to base the room around ^^;
    ae7.gif
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Thanks @Gwiniel! And I loved your study too! It was chock full of marvelous detail, like the dressing table covered with Avengers and other posters and knicknacks. I also loved how you used the light cube tables to accent a column; pure genius! Great study!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options

Theme for the week: A Kitchen, bedroom or bathroom based on a Sims 4 game painting, picture, wallart from the build mode catalogue
    Gallery name of room : Ice Cream Cone Kitchen
    Origin id :Nym115

Notes: At first I wasn't sure what I wanted to do, but as soon as I saw the simple Ice Cream Cone wall art I just knew I had to make a kitchen around it. With summer just around the bend this kitchen provides a fun and chill atmosphere complete with yummy frozen treats.

Art Piece Used:

h22GqC7.png

Pictures of the room :
    HgecmFx.png
    VkvJrYT.png
    jnKF0ze.png
    kcmOHXD.png
    fTWPqcT.png

ae7.gif
  • Options
    Ice Cream Cone Kitchen is a very lovely Summery kitchen to enjoy having ice creams! @Nym115 :) It is great that you based your rook around the Single Scoop wallart! The pink room colour scheme looks very nice, pretty and summery, and complements very well with the wall art! The varied sized cones look great on the wall! Very nice furnishing of the room! The pink cabinets look very nice the way they have been placed on the wall. The multi colours of ice cream cones on the counter look great! It is great that the chefs kitchen item is in the room for Sims to use when cooking meals. They will enjoy making and eating icecreams from the ice cream maker! The pink flooring texture looks calming and homely. The penguin wall strip is cute and goes well wth cool ice cream theme. The bird wallart is pretty for Sims to see whilst cooking in the room. The cake stand is a great touch in the room, and the pink flowers are pretty! Very nice cheerful coloured and patterned dining tables and chairs for Sims to enjoy sitting at and eating meals and ice creams.
    It is lovely ice cream wallart themed kitchen! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge :)
  • Options
    ArrowBuildsArrowBuilds Posts: 76 Member
    Theme for the Week: A kitchen, bedroom or bathroom based on a Sims 4 game painting/picture/wallart from the build mode catalogue
    Room Name: Artist's College Dorm
    Origin ID: ArrowBuilds
    Wall Art Decoration Chosen: The Pennants of Penzance (added with the Get Together Pack)
    47960685551_dde6eea355_m.jpg

When I found my chosen wall decoration, it made me think of a college's banners, so I decided to create a dorm room for an artist! I imagine that Jenny is studying art at college (being an Art Lover), and this is her bedroom where she studies and paints.

Photos of Room:
    47960657303_3a47090aeb_b.jpg
    47960668583_9be922c32c_m.jpg
    47960679786_292f30239b_m.jpg
    47960639912_948db2b005_m.jpg
    47960652763_9bd2222d17_m.jpg
    47960651543_6b0c3f47e6_m.jpg
    47960674866_4bba08970a_m.jpg

Link to Twitter Post: (if the pictures above aren't working - still having trouble with Flickr!)
  • Options
    Thank you @rosemow for the insightful compliments :)

Also @ArrowBuilds - I'm getting nostalgic vibes of my own college dorm room days just looking at your design. I love how the colors just make everything in the room just pop and yet they all blend together nicely. The pennants remind of school colors or perhaps club groups.
    ae7.gif
  • Options
    It is great that you have created a college dorm room for an Artist, based on the Pennants of Penzance wall art! @ArrowBuilds :) The item suits a college dorm very well! It is great that you have given Jenny the background details of being an Artist studying art at the college. The art themed furnishing of the room is very nice! The various artistic wallart items, college banners, skateboards and pictures look very great on all the walls! Very nice windows painting corner nook for her to enjoy painting on the easel with sunlight coming in onto her. The paint stained floor mat is a great touch. Very nice vanity table and mirror for her to enjoy siting on the chair and using the beauty items that are on the table. The warm orange and yellow floor rug looks very nice and is artistcally themed. The blue wall colour is very nice and gives a lovely creative inspiration feel to the room. The blank art canvases look great! They are ready for her to enjoy painting on. The colourful door suits an Artist well! Very nice study desk area for her to enjoy using the computer to do her art studies. The study art books are great on the desk, and the vase of flowers is pretty! The orange colour of the chairs in the room and the yellow and red coloured bed suits well an Artist.
    The pennants look very nice on the wall! It is a lovely art themed dorm room! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge! :)
  • Options
    Theme for the week: A Kitchen, bedroom or bathroom based on a Sims 4 game painting, picture, wallart from the build mode catalogue
    Room Name : Country Style Kitchen
    Origin ID : LuckyShotSnyper
    Picture Chosen : Sunny Side Up Prints (Egg and Oranges)
    ----
    For this build I envisioned Jenny having this rather large kitchen that was a tad too bland for her taste. She never quite knew what to do with it until she found this lovely egg and orange painting and knew exactly how to transform this drab country style kitchen into a citrus-themed dream. What once had been another place to store her artwork, has become a place for new artistic inspiration, in the form of food! Shes still working out the kinks, notably by the mess left from yesterdays "art piece"...
    ----
    h.t.t.p.s ://imgur.com/a/yx9SVdH
  • Options
    Room Name : Country Style Kitchen
    https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/530DBD79826511E98249DC7660F45D45
    Origin ID : LuckyShotSnyper
    Picture Chosen : Sunny Side Up Prints (Egg and Oranges)
    ----
    For this build I envisioned Jenny having this rather large kitchen that was a tad too bland for her taste. She never quite knew what to do with it until she found this lovely egg and orange painting and knew exactly how to transform this drab country style kitchen into a citrus-themed dream. What once had been another place to store her artwork, has become a place for new artistic inspiration, in the form of food! Shes still working out the kinks, notably by the mess left from yesterdays "art piece"...
    ----
    aHUwk9r.png

HKKFa1u.png

r2ZO85R.png

F3MSQkI.png
    DZIdxjl.png
  • Options
    Country Style Kitchen is a very lovely and colourful kitchen! @Peachy_Pigeon :) It is very nice that the eggs and oranges Sunny Side Up Prints art has led to this beautiful,colourful, country style kitchen! It looks very warming! The colour scheme, natural stone wall texture in the cooking area, and the gingham and pretty floral wall patterning are very nice! Very nice design of the cooking area! The type and placement of the cabinets on the wall is nice, and great double stoves nook. The hanging wall pans, wall cutlery, saucepans, hanging herbs , fruit pictures and display plates nook are nice homely kitchen touches. The sunshine wall mural is nice and sunny! Very nice island sink and bar stool counter for Sims to enjoy sitting on the stools eating a meal. The fruit bowl and paper towel are nice touches on the counter. It is very nice the way the half wall fencing separates off the cooking nook.Very nice wallart and flowers on the floral wallpaper and arches entrance wall! The dining table area is lovely! The colourful fruit floor rug adds such a special look to the room! The blue and orange colours of the chairs are very nice! Very nice nearby windows art area for Sims to enjoy painting on the easel in the sunshine and get inspiration from the colourfully nice kitchen. Very nice pumpkins, flowers and citrus tree feature! The art decor items and canvases are great in the room! Very pretty blue floral blinds on the windows. It is great there is a pets items nook.
    She may need to clean up the food that she has dropped on the floor!
    It is a very lovely kitchen that has been built from the very nice Eggs and Oranges wallart! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge! :)I hope you will also enjoy entering future week’s challnges also :)
  • Options
    Thank you so much! This was super fun to make, and I can't wait to try out next weeks as well~
  • Options
  • Options
    @Peachy_Pigeon : I absolutely adore the rainbow fruits and veggie rug in this room. Plus any Sim would love to have a country breakfast (or whatever meal) in that kitchen. It looks so inviting. Awesome work! :smile:
    ae7.gif
  • Options
    SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited May 2019
    @rosemow Sounds like a fun theme - very creative... and helpful for players! <3 Been a few months for me, I think. Missed you ladies! <3@Gwiniel how are you feeling lately? Are you building again?
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • Options
    GwinielGwiniel Posts: 996 Member
    @SheriGR Hey :) Atm feeling better, thanks for asking <3 How about you? Yes, I've been building again the past few weeks now :) The long depression I had passed as my medication was slowly discontinued to change it to a new one. Turned out that the medication meant to prevent deep and long term depression actually prolonged and deepened mine as a side effect :joy: With this new medication it's too early to tell anything except that I experience the most common side effect - nausea - quite badly. It should pass within couple weeks but if it doesn't, there's no point continuing with it as it literally makes me so sick every morning for about 2 to 3 hours that I'm bedridden - like a severe seasickness! However, there has been few days within the past week I felt rather sick and thought I was getting down with a cold but it passed.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top