Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    WILDFLOWER1971WILDFLOWER1971 Posts: 211 Member
    Entry Form

The theme for the week is : A St.Patrick’s Day dining room.

A newly married Irish couple enjoy celebrating St. Patrick’s Day each year! They have invited their parents to their home for a meal. They don’t want a kitchen as a part of the dining room, as they have a separate kitchen. #oneroomoneweekonetheme #wildflower1971 #irish #celtic #ireland #dinning #green #rosemow #roseymow #playtested #nocc #moo

Gallery name of room:
    Irish Eyes Dinning

Origin Id: wildflower1971

Pictures

54279003_828688540810425_330002716971499520_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=aaa416cee52b4340fdefb8f5bf481672&oe=5D1179EF

53469057_828690090810270_130230327607033856_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=5c1645bd21ca49063ed47e8458e5fbb2&oe=5D087DED
    53897069_828689894143623_5647026067387449344_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=2ad3dfea4423aaa34633c0493e9cc166&oe=5D141940

53846750_828688757477070_3160630149242683392_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=474977dcb982c638102c3a4b120d53c2&oe=5D12A7D4

53752178_828688680810411_4949412534001074176_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=7dc0b3c99840a294fcc54c2d4ff7d76e&oe=5D1BFA1B

53825936_828688770810402_3520837945277808640_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=87b65cb483dc8106c7b9175ea19f4430&oe=5D06B2D1

54391500_828688614143751_3400078828012306432_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=e243956c2173958b72c93edd85e3fab0&oe=5D0202EB

53838550_828688587477087_803663646088495104_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=f232f1bb38b3dcb020adb900eff668a5&oe=5D0B1927
    James 3:13
    Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom.

https://facebook.com/PiperSims4Gaming/?ref=bookmarks
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited March 2019
    Irish Eyes Dinning is a very special dining room for the Sims to enjoy celebrating St Patrick’s Day! @WILDFLOWER1971 :) Very nice brown and green colour scheme of the room! Very nice dining table area in the middle of the room! The two green patterned rugs layered together under the table looks very nice! Very nice green coloured table and chairs for Sims to enjoy sitting and eating the meal. The candles are a pretty touch on the table top. Very nice bar counter nook! The wall tapestry, gnomes, and green tissues box look great there! The Sims will enjoy having a drink from the bar or the drinks tray with their meals. Very nice design of the corner nooks with the green curtains, pretty festive streamers and the plants! It looks very nice how the Irish wallart has been placed on the walls in the room! The green plants wallart mural on the wall looks very nice! Very nice design of the fireplace wall! The bookcases look very nice placed either sides of the fireplace to form the fireplace nook and the yellow and green coloured plates on the ledge look great! Very nice sitting nook in the corner for Sims to rest and read after their meal. The crockery cabinet and countrystyle clock are nice homely touches. Thankyou very much for using my Irish blessings wallart in your room! :)<3 Your sims family in the photos are lovely! :) The kids are so sweet! They have very nice ginger hair!
    It is a lovely Irish themed family dining room! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge :)
  • Options
    SireniaxxSireniaxx Posts: 21 Member
    Wow I just logged into my game and found out that Maxis had favorite my Sunroom. That's so cool! Thank you so much @rosemow , @lsnishi , @coolsim9999999 , @Allears og @AlJay :D<3
  • Options
    SvalaValhallaSvalaValhalla Posts: 13 New Member
    Entry Form
    Challenge 202
    Theme for the week: A St.Patrick’s Day dining room.
    Gallery name of the room: Irish Dining Merriment
    Origin id: KatCawl

It says I have to be around for a little while before I can post links though; if anyone could do me a favor and upload :3
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Hello @SvalaValhalla :) Welcome to the room challenge thread! It is so very nice and special that you have joined us and have created a room for this week's challenge ! :) Thankyou so very much! I hope you will enjoy entering rooms in future week’s challenges also :)

Because you aren't a member yet, you can't post pictures that appear , but you can upload your pictures to a photo sharing site such as imgur , then right click the picture on the photo sharing site and copy/paste the image address link here, I can then post the pictures for you. You will need though to replace the http in the address of the images with h.t.t.p as you are a new member and can’t post links.
    I will look forward to seeing the pictures! :)

You need to have 25points and 15 posts before you can become a full member and can then change your profile picture , post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly, and have quotes appear in grey boxes ,This thread explain about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934205/small-change-for-new-members#latest
    You receive a point each time another simmer presses like or awesome or insightful on a post that you have posted in a thread created by another simmer.

Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    Hi @Rosemow! Thank you very much for your response. I didn't know this existed or I would have started doing challenges much sooner - they give a lot of inspiration.

h.t.t.p.s://i.imgur.com/tQwAYuE.jpg

h.t.t.p.s://i.imgur.com/VjYlBH8.jpg
  • Options
    Hi @Rosemow! Thank you very much for your response. I didn't know this existed or I would have started doing challenges much sooner - they give a lot of inspiration.

Entry Form
    Challenge 202
    Gallery name of the room: Irish Dining Merriment
    Origin id: KatCawl
    https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/8DE74A84480B11E98053048C513C46C4

tQwAYuE.jpg
    VjYlBH8.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Irish Dining Merriment is a very nice dining room for the Sims to enjoy celebrating St Patrick’s Day! @SvalaValhalla :) Very nice furnishing and layout of the room! The Irish green and brown colour scheme of the room is very nice, with the green walls giving a great look. The dining table area is very nice! The green coloured dining chairs and the green patterned dining table go well together and are very nice for Sims to sit and enjoy their meal. The green flowers on the table top are pretty for Sims to see when dining. Very nice patterned flooring under the table under the table! It separates off the table area very well. The portraits on the wall are a nice touch, and gold bars on the green festive wall table are great to reflect the Irish pot of gold or Irish luck! The plants are nice touches of green and nature. Very nice design of the bar area! The Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a celebrtory drink after their meal. Very creatively designed wall ! It looks very nice the way that the kitchen cabinets, drinks shelves, bottles, counters , drinks cabinet and hanging herbs have been placed there! The rows of glasses are a nice touch on the wall shelving. The golden fruit bowl is a nice home touch on the counter. The wall and ceiling candlelights are very nice and pretty lighting.
    The furnishing of the room for the celebration meal is very nice! Thankyou again very much for entering this week’s challenge :)
    Just a little note. It would be great if you included the challenge thread hashtag
    #oneroomoneweekonetheme
    in your gallery description for future challenges, so it appears with the rest of the entries :)
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,102 Member
    You’re welcome @Sireniaxx :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    hipotonixhipotonix Posts: 58 Member
    Gallery name of room : Dining Room
    Origin id : MagsIsAwkward
    Pictures of the room :
    tumblr_inline_poh5mlYTSw1s1h2pd_540.png
    tumblr_inline_poh5mqZ5Pq1s1h2pd_540.png
    tumblr_inline_poh5muo4ed1s1h2pd_540.png
    tumblr_inline_poh5mzJTfZ1s1h2pd_540.png
  • Options
    jeswainston65jeswainston65 Posts: 530 Member
    I finished my room and came here to post it but it's not showing up in the gallery. I don't know what I did wrong. I did use some mods. Does that make a difference?
    I am only limited by my imagination.

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
  • Options
    Hello @MagsIsAwkward :) Welcome to the room challenge thread! It is so very nice and special that you have joined us and have created a room for this week's challenge ! :) Thankyou so very much! I will write about your room soon but just wanted to welcome you first :)
  • Options
    I finished my room and came here to post it but it's not showing up in the gallery. I don't know what I did wrong. I did use some mods. Does that make a difference?

Hello @jeswainston65
    The website version of the Gallery only shows NOCC creations. Also, if you want to see your creations that include cc using the in-game gallery, you need to choose the option to “ include custom content “ in advanced section of the gallery filter.
    This room challenge thread is only NOCC. I am sorry but you can’t enter your room in the challenge if it has cc in it.
  • Options
    ArrowBuildsArrowBuilds Posts: 76 Member
    @Sireniaxx congrats on the Maxis Fave! You truly deserve it ♥

@chips46 this is a very bright and lovely room! I love the detail of the bar area with the cabinets - that's a really nice touch, especially that you decided to go with the cabinets that have the plates showing through the windows, that adds a lived-in vibe to the room. I like the table with the plates of food on, what a lovely idea for the Sims to be able to pick their own food and have as much as they like. The fireplace with the potted plants is gorgeous too, and the shield with swords adds to the traditional historic feel of the room. I love what you did with the rugs! Making the Irish flag bordered with the other rug underneath was genius, well done! I love that you set the table ready for the Sims to sit down and eat, and the use of @rosemow's artwork is lovely too. Awesome ♥

@ListentoToppDogg this is a really cute entry! You've definitely managed to get the festive vibe across with all the decorations - the banners hung from the ceiling lights, the banners on the walls and the party hats on the table are all really nice features. The green of the walls, table cloth, seat upholstery and rug are all really vibrant against the dark wood of the furniture and floors. The light green plate cabinet is a nice contrast to the other greens in the room, and this coupled with the clutter on the dining table makes the room feel lived in and homely. I love that you included a high chair for a toddler to sit in - that is a really nice touch that suggests there will be a few generations in this family that can celebrate the Irish holiday together. Super ♥

@Allears this is gorgeous! I really like that you went with a traditional style for this build, which you've shown in the type of furniture and decorations that you've used. The way you've set the table ready for Sims to eat is a nice touch, and the candles on the table and the fireplace give the room an inviting warmth. The wall with the plate cabinets and the counters is lovely - I really like all the potted plants and the gnome that add a touch of nature to the room, and the mirror behind on the wall really opens up the room. The comfy chairs on either side of the fireplace are lovely, and the wall of arranged artwork and the leaf decorations above the drinks table is great! The bar area with the shelves of drinks and the coffee making area are really cute too. Amazing ♥

@WILDFLOWER1971 how charming! First of all, the wall with the bookcases framing the fireplace is really pretty, I imagine the books would be all about Irish traditions, stories and history for guests to admire after their meal. The picture layered over the mirror is a really nice feature too! I like that you've contrasted the dark wood of the furniture with the lighter white and green wood of the walls, they really open up the room and give it a brightness. The chandelier is really pretty above the green dining table. I love that tapestry above the bar, I can imagine it was made centuries ago and was passed down through the family and inspired the decoration of this dining room. The side table with the clutter on and the antique clocks give the room a homely feel, this is very beautiful, well done! ♥

@SvalaValhalla What an interesting room to look at! You've created a very detailed bar area, its absolutely fantastic. I love that you merged the drinks cabinet, the side tables and the counters together to add some dimension to the back wall and envelope the bar. The cabinets and shelves displaying the plates are a lovely feature, and I especially love that you've displayed the wine glasses on the shelves above the center cabinets. The flowers and herbs on the wall are stunning, they bring some nature into the room and make it inviting. The dining table is gorgeous with the green cloth and the leaves, and the fireplace is lovely with the Irish gold on top. Beautifully done! ♥

@MagsIsAwkward this is very vibrant! The bright walls are a really nice way of opening up the room. The orange wood floor is a nice contrast to the dark wood of the furniture. I like how you've brought green into the room with the table cloth and the chairs. The hanging ceiling lights add some interest to the room. The bar area is great with the additional bottles of drink on the shelves, and the sunflowers add a lovely pop of yellow to the room. Great job! ♥
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @jeswainston65
    The website version of the Gallery only shows NOCC creations. Also, if you want to see your creations that include cc using the in-game gallery, you need to choose the option to “ include custom content “ in advanced section of the gallery filter.
    This room challenge thread is only NOCC. I am sorry but you can’t enter your room in the challenge if it has cc in it.

Oh...well, then I wasted all that time making my own paintings ... didn't realize that mods were considered cc ... *sigh* ...

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
  • Options
    Your dining room to celebrate St.Patrick’s Day is very nice! @MagsIsAwkward :) The blue colour of the walls, and the Irish green colour of the table and chairs , go very well together, complementing each other. The family of Sims will enjoy dancing to Irish music from the stereo after their meals! The blue hanging ceiling light is pretty! The different coloured birds pictures are a lovely touch on the wall for Sims to see as they enjoy eating their meal at the table. Very nice bar counter area! The drinks shelving there looks great! The yellow sunflowers on the bar are a nice sunny sunshine touch. The Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools have a celebratory drink after eating the meal. The wooden flooring is calming and nice.
    It is a very nice dining room for a special Irish family celebration meal! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge :) I hope that you will enjoy entering future week’s challenges also :)
  • Options

Hello @jeswainston65

Oh...well, then I wasted all that time making my own paintings ... didn't realize that mods were considered cc ... *sigh* ...

If the paintings show as cc, then I am sorry but they can’t be included in the room. Mods are cc.
  • Options
    AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    @ArrowBuilds Thank you so much for your lovely review. :)
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • Options
    FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member

Hello @jeswainston65

I am not sure how you created your own paintings, but there is a process that you can follow that will make custom paintings and photographs not tag as CC in the gallery. I believe there is a post here that explains how it is done. I'd tell you myself, but I haven't attempted it, as of yet, and don't know all the details by heart. Maybe @rosemow can link you to the post about it?
  • Options
    Fizzstix wrote: »

Hello @jeswainston65

I am not sure how you created your own paintings, but there is a process that you can follow that will make custom paintings and photographs not tag as CC in the gallery. I believe there is a post here that explains how it is done. I'd tell you myself, but I haven't attempted it, as of yet, and don't know all the details by heart. Maybe @rosemow can link you to the post about it?

I followed a tutorial that I found in the forum about how you replace the image in an already existing painting. But when I used them in the game, it said they were Mods ... so .. I've googled and searched here for a thread. found one but the instructions are not really clear for what I want to do...plus you can take pictures in the game and frame them. But that's not what I wanted to do. Thanks though.

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
  • Options
    Fizzstix wrote: »

Hello @jeswainston65

I followed a tutorial that I found in the forum about how you replace the image in an already existing painting. But when I used them in the game, it said they were Mods ... so .. I've googled and searched here for a thread. found one but the instructions are not really clear for what I want to do...plus you can take pictures in the game and frame them. But that's not what I wanted to do. Thanks though.

Hello @jeswainston65
    I saw that you posted on the thread that has steps on how to it. You may be best to be in touch with the simmer who offered the video that they made.
  • Options
    Thank you @rosemow ... I am waiting for a reply.

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
  • Options
    @rosemow Thank you for the lovely comments. I absolutely will add the tag to my next challenge completion here. Thank you! <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top