Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    Yay, big congratulations @EuphorialQueen for the Maxis fav, awesome news! B)

@ARADEMIS212 : beautiful and classy reading room/study! B) It has a very stylish appeal and the decorations (including the globe bar) fit perfectly for it!

@WILDFLOWER1971 : Awesome room! I love the cabin feel your study has and the reading nook around the fireplace looks super comfy. B)
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Yikes! I haven't visited since last week... Thank you for your awesome comments @rosemow! :)<3 Sorry for my late reply. :confused:

Congratulations on the Maxis Faves @Corwim, @WILDFLOWER1971 and @EuphorialQueen!! :smile::star::star::star:

Thank you so much @illusie! :)

Thank you for the very kind comments @Corwim! :blush: I liked the sunset picture best too. :smiley:

Thank you for the sweet comment @alifesizeddoll! :smiley:

Cool fisherman's study @AIRIS6962! I love the camo rug and decor choices. A room any fisherman would love! :)

Love the wall and floor choices for your fisherman's study @ARADEMIS212! The rich colors are perfect for a fisherman's room! :smile:

Awesome fisherman's study @WILDFLOWER1971! Looks so cozy and I love all the nautical touches throughout the room. :smiley:
  • Options
    Challenge 99
    Theme for the week: A Study for a Bookworm Fisherman .
    Gallery name of room: Maritime Studies
    Origin id: wrathofcath

02-16-17_113347nbspAM_zpsnoo61ytz.png

02-16-17_113412nbspAM_zpsqidm4yua.png

02-16-17_113529nbspAM_zpsxl0vnj6v.png

02-16-17_113429nbspAM_zpsuimx3rlm.png

• Options
    WILDFLOWER1971WILDFLOWER1971 Posts: 211 Member
    @WrathofCath this is nice some things i did not think about the windows the door chess table i really like this room. good job. :)
    James 3:13
    Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom.

https://facebook.com/PiperSims4Gaming/?ref=bookmarks
  • Options
    AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

A very beautiful and elegant room, dear @WrathofCath ! :)
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    Goodness everyone is making some beautiful studies! Love love.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Maritime Studies is such a very nice study for Philip! @WrathofCath :) Very nice furnishing and layout of the room! The fireplace nook looks very great! The mounted fish look very nice on each side of the fire, and the boat and fish look great in the wall section above the fire! Very nice armchairs sitting area for sims to relax in front of the fire reading a book, having a drink from the globe bar and listening to music from the gramophone. The computer desk nook is very nice for Philip to enjoy sitting at the desk using the computer. The lamp lights are nice touches in the room. They fit the maritime theme well. The boat is a great touch on the desk. The windows in the room look great as portholes for the maritime room theme. The bookcase looks great beside the desk. The brown wall paneling looks nice. Nice corner chess nook. Sims will have fun playing chess on the table. The patterned floor rug adds to the very nice look and feel of the room. The stone texture of the corner pillars looks nice.
    The colour scheme and furnishing of the room for the theme is very nice ! Thank you very much for entering this week's challenge :)
  • Options
    Thank you so much @WILDFLOWER1971 and @AIRIS6962 :blush:<3

Thank you for the wonderful comments Rose! :smile:<3 I wanted the room to kind of resemble the inside of a ship, with the "porthole" windows and wood paneling. B)
  • Options
    @WrathofCath : thank you so much for the congrats! :) Your study is amazing! I love that it really looks like the interior of a ship, awesome job with the porthole windows and the woodpannelling! You also picked a gorgeous colour scheme with the soft, dark blue combined with the stone and wood textures, they go so well together and the decoration is on point for a classic look with the oil lamps, gramophone player and such. Beautiful room! B)
  • Options
    RivendellStarRivendellStar Posts: 1,004 Member
    Love your study @WrathofCath ! :)
    jiyKE8j.png
  • Options
    Dangerous12AngelDangerous12Angel Posts: 231 Member
    edited February 2017
    Thank you @rosemow @Corwim @AIRIS6962 @WILDFLOWER1971 @WrathofCath for the lovely comments <3
    @AIRIS6962 , I really like your study, it looks cozy and love the combination of wall colors.
    @Wildflower1971 , I want to be in a room like that! so comfortable looking. I love the windows and all the fish decorations.
    @WrathofCath Awesome! your study looks like a perfect hidden room. The combination of rock and wood on the walls, I like it very much.
    I hope to see more creations!! :)
  • Options
    chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    Congrats @EuphorialQueen for the Maxis fav :)<3
    I love everyone's fisherman themed room challenge they look pretty awesome and great ideas as well :)<3

• Options
    Challenge 99
    Theme for the week: a study for a bookworm fisherman.
    Origin ID: chips46
    Gallery: name of room: A Fisherman's Library
    Gallery Link:https://www.thesims.com/en_AU/gallery/3FBE8437F57211E6822ACEA2275DD5CA?category=rooms&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=library&max=50&maxis=false
    2konjs.jpg2d1qsk4.jpg2zh01dy.jpgif5r92.jpg
  • Options
    The furnishing and layout of A Fisherman's Library looks so very nice! @chips46 :) The blue and green colours and the texture of the walls looks very nice. Very nice study desk nook in the room! It looks great how the bookcases are placed either sides of the desk table, and the books look nice on the top of the desk ledge. Philip will enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer, and the pictures on the wall are nice for him to see when sitting there. The mounted fish look great on the wall there! Very nice sofa seat sitting area in the room for him to relax and read a book near the fire , and listen to music from the music player. Philip will enjoy having a drink from the globe bar. The ship is a great touch on the side table. The fireplace wall looks very nice ! The mounted fish, life ring, oars and ship reflect the sea theme very well! Sims will have fun playing chess in the room. The aquarium creates a calming and restful feeling in the room. The bookcases look great placed either sides of the aquarium. The mounted fish look very nice on the aquarium wall also. The coat stand is a homely touch in the room. The patterned floor rug adds a great look to the room.
    It is a very nice sea, fish and book themed study room! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge :)
  • Options
    Thank you @rosemow :)
  • Options
    Don_OelloDon_Oello Posts: 269 Member
    Entry Form
    Theme for the week: 99 a study for a bookworm fisherman
    Gallery name of room : Fisherman's Study
    Origin id : Don_Oello
    Pictures of the room :
    This is a small study for your fishing inspired sims with mounted fish cards from top fishing locations and the MySim Top Fisherman Trophy.
    G4QOFIa.png
    rWrYd2U.png
    yioNfCK.png
    p5hJURM.png
    KkLg4vl.png
    VocVLaa.png
    668EWYZ.png
    If you like it click on the link below and put a cooment in my thread <3
    mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase
  • Options
    Fisherman's Study is a great room for Philip to enjoy spending time in! @Don_Oello :) The wall paneling looks nice, and the cards from top fishing locations on the wall is a great idea! They look great placed above the door.
    The mounted fish look great in the room, placed either sides of the windows and on the wall area each side of the corner book nook.
    The corner study desk and book nook looks great! The bookcases look nice placed on the corner walls. The mysim fisherman trophy is a very creative idea! It looks nice on the bookcase shelf.
    Philip will enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer , and enjoy resting on the sofa reading a book. The floor rug adds a nice look to the room.
    The fish tank and fish bowl are great in the room, ready for him to put his latest fish catch in . It is great that the bowl is placed on the cases that he takes fishing with him.
    It is a very creatively thought out room! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge :)
  • Options
    undressyourbonesundressyourbones Posts: 345 Member
    Entry Form
    Theme for the week: A study for a bookworm fisherman .
    Gallery name of room : The Studious Fisherman
    Origin id : undressyourbones
    Pictures of the room :

28.png
    29.png
    30.png
    31.png
    32.png
    ORIGIN ID: undressyourbones
  • Options
    Helo @undressyourbones :) Welcome to the room challenge thread! It is very nice that you have designed a room for the challenge! Thankyou very much!
    The layout and furnishing of The Studiious Fisherman looks so very nice :) Very nice blue colour scheme of the room. The study desk and book nook alcove looks so very nice! The bookcases look great how they are placed there! Philip will enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer. The fish bowl is a nice touch on the desk, for him to see the fish that he caught whilst using the computer. The blue floor rug is a nice touch under the table. The book stand looks great there. It looks nice how the half walls separate off the area,and the ships look great on the half wall ledges! The plants are nice touches of nature in the room. The armchair and ottoman reading nooks between the bookcases are very nice! Philip will enjoy sitting resting there reading books from the bookcases. The different types of bookcases in the room gives a great look to the room! The mounted fish are a nice touch on the wall.
    It is a very nice books and fish themed study room! Thankyou again for entering this week's challenge! :)
  • Options
    @rosemow Thank you ! & thank you for throwing this contest! It was great fun working on this room! (:
  • Options
    @chips46 : Absolutely love the colour scheme of your room! The beautiful blue tones combined with the wood textures are perfect for a fisherman's study. B)

@Don_Oello : great fisherman's study! Love all the creative decoration choices like the fishbowl on the suitcases, great looking book nook as well.

@undressyourbones : Gorgeous colours and I love the office nook with the desk in front of the book cases, fantastic decorating job there as well.
  • Options
    @Corwim Thank you! (:
  • Options
    Entry Form
    Theme for the week: A study for a bookworm fisherman
    Gallery name of room : Fishing For Books Study
    Origin id : Corwim

Description:
    Enjoy this quirky study and office! Read a book, play chess, work on the computer or watch your fish swim around in their fishtank. Artworks created by the "Paint By Reference" interaction by my sim Sam Gladstone, so NoCC and CCFree. Feel free to use the paintings in your builds, but hashtag me when you use them in your uploads, thank you! :-) Created for OneRoomOneWeekOneTheme where a bookworm fisherman needed a new study.

I had two sims in mind when I build this room, a family of a single father and his son. They were a bit quirkier than your average fisherman, so I translated that in the bright colours (yellow and blue, inspired by The Little Mermaid's Flounder, for those who remember him :) ) and whimsical decorations (imagined the bamboo being underwater plants and the floor the bottom of the ocean with turtles swimming there (while at the same time functioning as little carpets in specific places). I also put my sim Sam to work to paint some fun paintings depicting colourful fish to help decorate the room. :)

Pictures of the room :

Overview:
    FishingForBooks12_zpsshufqxxw.jpg

Part of the library and the windows fish decorations:
    FishingForBooks13_zpsldbbbguu.jpg

Left side of the library:
    FishingForBooks14_zpsq9rzvxgt.jpg

The reading area (decided to replace the usual fireplace with a fishtank as focal point, thought that would be appropriate for the theme of this room :) ):
    FishingForBooks18_zpsu0pmtfke.jpg

The chess table:
    FishingForBooks15_zpsheupgper.jpg

The office nook:
    FishingForBooks16_zpsnuk5depp.jpg

The fish decorations in close up: :)
    FishingForBooks17_zpsbdwyktyj.jpg

I made a family of two, Philip Fisher and his son Freddi (who here remembers the Freddi Fish games? :) ), so I could design the room with them in mind. Plus, they helped me to playtest the room once it was finished! B)

Lost in a good book:
    FishingForBooks3_zpsjk4eqxn7.jpg

Playing a game of chess:
    FishingForBooks8_zps4a3mxi5q.jpg

And having a chat on the bench in the office nook:
    FishingForBooks9_zpsxi9x0y29.jpg
  • Options
    Fishing for Book Study is so very creative! @Corwim :) It looks very great! The special fish themed paintings look so nice on the walls! Very colourfully nice yellow and blue colour scheme of the room! The underwater turtles swimming on the bottom of the ocean ( on the room floor ) looks very great! It is nice how you have used the bamboo plants to reflect underwater plants. Very nice layout of the room! The bookcases look great placed in the left and right hand side room nooks. The fish wall decor on the booknook walls look great! Very nice armchairs sitting area for sims to enjoy sitting resting there reading a book , and the fishtank is restful for them to look at whilst sitting there. The fishtank suits the room theme so well! Nice chess nook for sims to have fun playing chess. The birds wall decor looks nice placed either sides of the fish picture. The fish water fountains feature looks so very nice! The design of it looks great! Very nice office desk nook! Sims will enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer. The sunflowers are a sunny touch on the table top for sims to enjoy seeing there when sitting there. The coat stand is a homely touch beside the door.
    Your two sims are very nice! It is a special family picture of them sitting together, both enjoying reading a book.
    It is a very creatively designed and furnished room! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top