Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    @rosemow thank you very much for your comments and taking the time to look at my entry!
    I appreciate it and these challenges you put up have been so fun! I haven't been here since the
    beginning , but so far I love being a part of this once a week. It's great to see everyone come
    together.

Hello :)
    I am glad that you are enjoying the challenges and entering the rooms! :)
  • Options
    popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Theme for the week: a dining room to celebrate 100 challenges!
    Gallery name of room : Happy 100th Anniversary
    Gallery Link:https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/131A6979F98B11E68B745FCC3DBFD9B8?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=popettypop2012&max=50&maxis=false
    Origin id : popettypop2012
    Pictures of the room :
    AFSKe7P.png
    k8tKRMk.png
    neanw5G.png
    eQHldUm.png
  • Options
    popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Dear @rosemow, I hope you like the room. You truly are a gift for the simming community and all of us are really grateful. Happy 100th challenge and hopefully there are many more to come.
  • Options
    Happy 100th Annivesary is such a very nice celebratory dining room! @popettypop2012 :) The pink , grey and black colour scheme of the room looks so,very nice! Very nice layout and furnishing of the room! The dining area in the middle of the room is very nice. The pink colour and the type of dining chairs looks very nice and the colour complements well with the white table top. The candles look very pretty there on the table with the rose in between them <3 Sims will enjoy eating meals from the pink buffet table. Very nice corner music nook! Sims will enjoy listening to the pianist playing the piano whilst dining at the table. The rose petals look very pretty on the floor there! The pink with gold edges curtains are very nice for a party dining room. The pink, black and purple balloons and banners are special celebratory touches on the walls and curtains in the room! Sims will enjoy having a drink from the globe bar with their meal. The pink musician themed pictures look very nice in the room, and they complement with the colour scheme of the room so very well. The bonsai plants look very nice in the corner nooks. Sims will have fun dancing to the juke box music!
    It is a very special party dining room! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge :)
    Thankyou very much for your very kind and special words ! It is very nice of you <3
  • Options
  • Options
    Happy 100th is a very nice dining room to celebrate the occasion! @steskens :) Very nice layout of the room! The large glass windows look great how they are used in the room! They create a nice light filled room, where sims can look out to see what is happening outside whilst eating their meals. The industrial texture of the walls gives a great look and feel to the room! The type of dining seats used complements well with the wall texture. The roses look very pretty on the top of the dining table! Very nice music nook! It is nice that you have used the white coloured piano. The floor patterning there looks very pretty! The branches themed divider looks great there! The balloons in the different areas of the room add very nice celebratory touches! The roses are a nice touch placed on top of the piano. Sims will enjoy hearing the piano and guitar music being played as background music or the music from the wall speakers whilst they are enjoying sitting at the dining table eating the meal. Very nice bar counter nook! Sims will enjoy having a drink from the bar with their meal. Thr single rose and the bottles look great placed on the bar counter. The roses and cake display item look nice on the table near the door, for sims to see as they enter the room. It is nice that there is an incense holder for a nice aroma to fill the room.
    The design of the room is very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge :)
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    A very big congratulations sweet Rose for 100 of the very best challenges ever! You are awesome and so kind in so very many ways dear.
    3247072lmcrpt8d6v.gif
  • Options
    Thank you very much for your kind words and for the special roses congratulations picture! @BreeMiles :) They are very special! The roses are very pretty <3
  • Options
    JazztizzJazztizz Posts: 627 Member
    Hello! This was fun to build, my first building challenge. Thanks Rosemow and congrats on 100 challenges. Nice!

Theme for the week: "100th Challenge" Dining Room
    Gallery name of room : "Formal Dining Room"
    Origin id : "Zevath"
    Gallery Link: (Sorry -- where do I find this?)
    Pictures of the room :

(Alas I can't post the photos. "You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links." Is the message I get. Oh well. Next time!

Just a note, this is actually a four-part room which includes this main first floor room and three second-floor gallery rooms. I uploaded all four, but I didn't put the hashtag on the second floor extra rooms since I wasn't sure if you could do a room in pieces. In any case, I really enjoyed this challenge. =) Thanks again Rose! I hope to join you all again for another some time. This is my favorite part of the sims -- creating and seeing others' creations. Really lovely work everyone!
    ♥./z
    Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Jazztizz wrote: »
    Hello! This was fun to build, my first building challenge. Thanks Rosemow and congrats on 100 challenges. Nice!

Theme for the week: "100th Challenge" Dining Room
    Gallery name of room : "Formal Dining Room"
    Origin id : "Zevath"
    Gallery Link: (Sorry -- where do I find this?)
    Pictures of the room :

(Alas I can't post the photos. "You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links." Is the message I get. Oh well. Next time!

Just a note, this is actually a four-part room which includes this main first floor room and three second-floor gallery rooms. I uploaded all four, but I didn't put the hashtag on the second floor extra rooms since I wasn't sure if you could do a room in pieces. In any case, I really enjoyed this challenge. =) Thanks again Rose! I hope to join you all again for another some time. This is my favorite part of the sims -- creating and seeing others' creations. Really lovely work everyone!
    ♥./z

Hello @Jazztizz :) Welcome to the room challenge thread! It is very nice and special that you have created a room for this week's challenge ! Thankyou so very much! :)
    If you would like to,post pictures of the room, because you aren't a member yet, you can't post pictures or links, but you can upload your pictures to a photo sharing site such as imgur or tinypic. Then right click the picture on the photo sharing site and copy/paste the image address link here, but break the image code link up, such as putting h.tt.p.
    We can then put the codes back together and post the pictures for you.
    I will post the Gallery pictures of the room for you, and the link to the room parts.

Formal Dining Room
    https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/5D8C5F08FA5C11E68FEB5FCC3DBFD9B8
    01.jpg

Formal Dining Rm Balcony
    https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/728A708AFA5C11E68FFF5FCC3DBFD9B8
    01.jpg

Formal Dining Rm Balcony2
    https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/7E194732FA5C11E6800C5FCC3DBFD9B8

Formal Dining Rm Balcony3
    https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/8692EED3FA5C11E680155FCC3DBFD9B8
    01.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Formal Dining Room is a very nice room to celebrate the occasion! @Jazztizz :) The standing candlelights look very pretty on the edges of the main room! Sims will enjoy listening to music on the piano whilst dining at the dining table. The flowers and the greenery on the wall look very pretty in the room. The portraits are nice touches on the wall in the room nook area. The balconies look great! The candles are nice touches in these parts of the room also. The rose coloured tree and the flower boxes look very nice in the first balcony room. The type of windows used in the room parts look very nice.
    The dining room is very nice! Thank you very much for entering this week's challenge :) I will look forward to you joining us for future room challenges too :)
  • Options
    WILDFLOWER1971WILDFLOWER1971 Posts: 211 Member
    @rosemow thanks so much that is so exciting everyone's room have been awesome they are great inspiration.
    James 3:13
    Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom.

https://facebook.com/PiperSims4Gaming/?ref=bookmarks
  • Options
    WildlingWildling Posts: 92 Member
    Rose, first of all, I'd like to congratulate and thank you! I'm not very active here, but each and every time I've roamed around, I've seen you being helpful and kind to all members, including new ones, like myself :) Now for my entry:

Theme for the Week: A Dining Room to Celebrate 100 Challenges
    Gallery Name of the Room: Dungeon Dinner Party
    Origin ID: gcouti
    Pictures of the Room:
    tRu4bP1.png?1
    yDnOXrN.png?1
    More images: Here!
  • Options
    Hello @Wildling :) Welcome to the room challenge thread! It is so very nice that you have joined us and have entered a room! That is very special! Thankyou very much :) Thank you also very much for your kind words and congratulations <3
    Dungeon Dinner party looks very great! :) It is a very creatively nice idea to create the dining room with a dungeon theme! The layout and furnishing of the room looks very nice! The dark brick wall texture and the patterned flooring gives a very nice look and feel to the room! Very nice dining table area in the middle of the room! It looks nice the way the tables have been brought together to create a larger table and dining chairs placed on each of the sides of the tables. The type of chairs used looks nice, suits the room theme and it looks great that there are two types of chairs. The candles are very nice touches on the table top! Sims will like seeing the rose on the table whilst enjoying eating their meals at the table. The patterned floor rug looks very nice under the table. The ceiling and wall candlelights add a great look to the room! The candle lights look great with the darkness of a dungeon. It is nice that there is a bar counter in the room. Sims will enjoy having a drink from the bar with their meal. The large portrait, the smaller set of portraits and the shield look great on the walls! The knight looks very nice standing guard in the room! Very nice armchairs sitting corner nook! Sims will enjoy chatting there together, and listening to the piano music being played. The teaset is a nice touch on the table between the chairs. The music corner nook looks great! The gargoyle looks great there! The cobwebs add a great look to the nook area! The nook with the flowers and candles looks nice, and the flags are a nice touch on the wall. The mirror wall alcove is nice.
    It is a very detailed and well designed dining room! The wall and corner nooks look so nice! Thank you very much for entering this week's challenge :)
  • Options
    emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

I finally found time to visit the forums :D Wow the fisherman rooms are so great <3 and those 100th rooms make me smile <3
    Yay congratz @rosemow for your 100th Challenge!!! Thanks for hosting this, it is a nice way to share and to learn, simming at the same time <3 I will build my room soon (thanks weekend!!).
  • Options
    JazztizzJazztizz Posts: 627 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Formal Dining Room is a very nice room to celebrate the occasion! @Jazztizz :) The standing candlelights look very pretty on the edges of the main room! Sims will enjoy listening to music on the piano whilst dining at the dining table. The flowers and the greenery on the wall look very pretty in the room. The portraits are nice touches on the wall in the room nook area. The balconies look great! The candles are nice touches in these parts of the room also. The rose coloured tree and the flower boxes look very nice in the first balcony room. The type of windows used in the room parts look very nice.
    The dining room is very nice! Thank you very much for entering this week's challenge :) I will look forward to you joining us for future room challenges too :)

Rose you rock! Thank you so much for posting my photos! That's really kind of you. =) Yay! I loved doing your challenge so definitely will give it a go in the future. It's really cool that you did this. I really appreciate it! ♥ =)
    Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    emere wrote: »
    I finally found time to visit the forums :D Wow the fisherman rooms are so great <3 and those 100th rooms make me smile <3
    Yay congratz @rosemow for your 100th Challenge!!! Thanks for hosting this, it is a nice way to share and to learn, simming at the same time <3 I will build my room soon (thanks weekend!!).

Hello @emere :) Thank you very much for the congratulations and kind words ! <3 I will look forward to seeing your room :)
  • Options
    WILDFLOWER1971WILDFLOWER1971 Posts: 211 Member
    edited February 2017
    HUNDREDTH CHALLENGE :)

This week is the 100th room challenge for " one room, one week , one theme" thread! That is exciting! To celebrate the occasion, Anna and Joseph Simster are holding a party to celebrate! Could you please design a dining room for them to celebrate in ? They and their dining guests are going to chat about all the weekly themes whilst dining at the table! They have asked that at least one rose is in the room and also that there is either a small music nook in the room for musicians to play whilst sims are dining, or a nook which has a stereo, music player, gramophone or juke box in it. The room won't have a kitchen as a part of it.

Designed for Rose's weekly Room Challenge. The week's theme is a dining room to celebrate 100th challenge. #oneroomoneweekonetheme #onehundredchallenges #onerose #diningroom #wildflower1971 #party #vintageglamourstuff #Rose #100 #piano #violin #bar #playtested #fav

Theme for the week: a dining room to celebrate 100 challenges
    Gallery name of room: Rose celebration 100th
    Origin Id: wildflower1971

Pictures:
    16904646_414470992232184_4437822968688495335_o.jpg?oh=2db1d5cb61bff3ff190f94f17fa2c0d5&oe=59452099

16826102_414470722232211_3988521011799746292_o.jpg?oh=413b34333830bb43f7afee52fd980700&oe=59438DF7

16904845_414470958898854_7979219902164982590_o.jpg?oh=80e5b3ef8fa923bfb0e1f0ab13ca619c&oe=593DA7EE

16836001_414470695565547_8462630473217409480_o.jpg?oh=2313f602e4564ed26ee9da26bb073482&oe=593F3FE3

16836652_414466218899328_5659697472575850967_o.jpg?oh=1b327bac70469824cadfc936179a113a&oe=59295838

16991563_414465645566052_6827220923471687703_o.jpg?oh=77ec20e02c04b631f170fafff1d82529&oe=5935D330

16903590_414464572232826_5805555927026416507_o.jpg?oh=2d482eaffa47e1a35e71847cd1a933e7&oe=5930341B

16825850_414464992232784_4998766507859488787_o.jpg?oh=bdad2f330afbe8b0356d4d3cd972dbf0&oe=593140F5

16835868_414466712232612_7537111947215552001_o.jpg?oh=9e9b8318d9bc4c41a97aa367b3dd0649&oe=59715220

James 3:13
    Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom.

https://facebook.com/PiperSims4Gaming/?ref=bookmarks
  • Options
    Rose Celebration 100th is a very pretty dining room! @WILDFLOWER1971 :) Very nice calming colour scheme of the room! The pink patterned wallpaper looks very nice. Very nice music nook area! It looks nice that a white coloured piano is there, and the roses are nice touches on top of the piano. The rose petals on the floor looks so very pretty! Sims will enjoy listening to the piano and violin music being played whilst dining at the dining table. The dining area is very nice! The white dining chairs look elegant! The sims will enjoy eating and drinking food from the buffet table and the fountain . The roses on the tabletop and the floral picture on the wall are very pretty for sims to see when eating their meals. The balloons and banners in the room look very celebratory! The shields look great placed either sides of the floral picture. The sims will enjoy having a drink from the bar with their meals. The roses look very nice laying on the bar counter. Very nice fireplace armchairs sitting nook! It looks so very nice! It is a very nook area for the sims to sit and have a chat in front of the fire. The roses look so pretty on the fireplace ledge and on the pedestals either sides of the fireplace ! The curtains look very nice how they are placed there, and the mirrors are a nice touch on the wall.
    The furnishing of the room looks so very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge :)
  • Options
    Dangerous12AngelDangerous12Angel Posts: 231 Member
    edited February 2017
    @rosemow Happy 100th!!! and I hope for 100 more ;)
    Loving everyone's room!!

Gallery name of room: 100th Party Hideout
    Origin Id: Dangerous12Angel
    [img][/img]33118024095_0c35762587_b.jpg02-25-17_9-37-13 PM by , on Flickr
    [img][/img]32990969371_f21d3ef021_b.jpg02-25-17_9-25-14 PM by , on Flickr
    [img][/img]32961703972_35b7499db5_b.jpg02-25-17_9-25-32 PM by , on Flickr
    [img][/img]32273007684_e8a0b6c3d9_b.jpg02-25-17_9-00-21 PM by , on Flickr
    [img][/img]32961614752_de6437999c_b.jpg02-25-17_9-56-49 PM by , on Flickr
    [img][/img]33118020385_1ab8f03b15_b.jpg02-25-17_9-59-23 PM by , on Flickr

• Options
    100th Party Hideout looks so very great! @ARADEMIS212 :) The purple patterned flooring looks so bright and vibrant! It is great for a party! The black and white circles wall paper gives a great look to the room areas! The purple and black colour scheme of the room looks so very nice! Very nice layout and furnishing of the room! Sims will have fun dancing on the dance floor to the DJ,booth music. The balloons stands look colourfully great! Very nice dining area! The patterned dining seats looks nice and goes well in the colour scheme of the room. The candles and rose are a nice pretty touch on top of the table. The banners and balloons are a very nice celebratory touch on the wall. Sims will enjoy sitting at the dining table eating food from the buffet tables, and listening to,sims playing the guitar and keyboard and singing into the microphone . The wall mural looks great! Very nice bar counter area! The different colours of the stools looks very effective. Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar. The drinks display shelves and the neon signs look very nice how they are placed on the bar wall! The roses look very pretty on the table in the corner nook near the door <3 Nice sitting nook for sims to sit and chat.
    The pictures of the sims enjoying the party look very great! It looks like they are having lots of fun! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge :)
  • Options
    CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    Congratulations on getting Fav'd by Maxis for your fisherman's studies @WrathofCath and @WILDFLOWER1971 , very exciting news! B)

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments on my rooms @WrathofCath and @alifesizeddoll ! :)

Oh my, you all have made awesome celebration dining rooms for the 100th challenge! <3

Such a beautiful and elegant room design @WrathofCath ! So glad you were able to squeeze in time to create this wonderful room before leaving on holiday, wishing you a wonderful time while away! :)

LOVE that you shaped your room in the number 100 @Rostri-Jodu , so creative! Wonderful colour scheme as well, referring to any 100th milestone celebration, fantastic design!

Beautiful design @chips46 ! Love the soft, elegant colours and all the wonderful decorations you put up in the room!

Wonderful design @undressyourbones! Love the combination of white with all the beautiful pink flowers everywhere! The statues and the white piano also give the room a fantastic touch of style, wonderful room design!

Fantastic design @popettypop2012 ! Love the silver/pink/purple colour scheme and all the festive decorations

Love your contemporary room design @steskens , love the industrial touch with the brickwork wall pattern! The red flowers and balloons make the room really pop, great job!

Beautiful room @Jazztizz ! The design and decorations used make this the perfect celebrations room fit for a castle!

Fantastic Gothic design @Wildling ! Love the darker colours you've used, combined with the teal to make it pop, fantastic design!

Such a cute and elegant room design @WILDFLOWER1971 ! Great choice of furniture and colours and I love that your first picture includes a butler, so perfect! :)

Awesome room design @ARADEMIS212 ! Love that you took a different approach and created a modern, cool room with a nightclub vibe! Love the colours and the fantastic bar and performance nooks in the room!
  • Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited February 2017
    Wonderful @rosemow, I do not know how I have missed this wonderful challenge. I do have an entry for the 100th Room :)

Entry Form
    Theme for the week: 100th Room
    [/url]Gallery name of room : 1r1w1t-Dining Room-NoCC
    Origin id : faithofkaela
    Pictures of the room :

JOc8OgW.png

48VpVEW.png

More images in the spoiler below.
    gZ3js2w.png

ll65eZD.png

2KRucPO.png

Tyhz7cK.png

lDQPGI1.png

35Xo9cj.png

bMfoR6W.png

Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Options
    CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    Entry Form
    Gallery name of room : The Rosemow Dining Room
    Origin id : Corwim

I figured for this 100th challenge, we needed to celebrate our wonderful host Rosemow, so I named my dining room after her and had my sim Sam create a bunch of artwork of pink roses. Thank you so much for hosting these fun challenges and for all your support to all us simmers here on the forum, you are amazing! :)

Description of the room:
    Rosemow is hosting her 100th 'One Room One Week One Theme' challenge in the forum! Reason enough for a festive Dining Room to celebrate the Anniversary! Can also be added to any Wedding Venue or Restaurant where sims can rent The Rosemow Room for all their special Parties. :smile: Requires medium high walls for correct placement. Artwork by my sim Sam Gladstone through the Paint By Reference interaction.

Pictures of the room :

Overview:
    TheRosemowDiningRoom1_zpsgxucqb2g.jpg

Here's the bar where sims can start the evening and talk about all the past challenges over a drink:
    TheRosemowDiningRoom2_zpsjvdq9i91.jpg

There's already a tray of drinks prepared to welcome the arriving guests: :)
    TheRosemowDiningRoom13_zps8o6l9mcz.jpg

There's also a music nook where guests can perform together, or hire musicians to play during the evening:
    TheRosemowDiningRoom3_zpsylo4g1iz.jpg

There's a large dining space where plenty of guests can hang out, enjoy a meal or take to the dance floor in the middle of the tables. There's also a stereo in the bar section that can provide the music if sims simply want to dance here, and not watch a performance ;) .
    TheRosemowDiningRoom4_zpsg78gprv9.jpg

The roses are mostly in the artwork. I used lilies on the table as they went better with the colour scheme of the room, but there's also a single red rose on the piano where the pianist can overlook the other side of the dining room: :smile:
    TheRosemowDiningRoom5_zpsnwuhvdn9.jpg

And then it was time to start the celebrations! :)

When my sims arrived, they first took to the bar area where Elena took over bartending duties and poured a drink for her hubbie Jake. Sam, being a pianist, took over the piano, while Philip Fisher tried out the violin for the first time and Noah belted out a few songs in the microphone. Little Freddi looked on in amusement. :)
    TheRosemowDiningRoom6_zps0ktbhjyv.jpg

Meanwhile, Aidan took over the dancefloor:
    TheRosemowDiningRoom7_zpsincegzny.jpg

When dinner arrived our hungry guests took their seats and enjoyed a lovely meal prepared by Katie. Sam took a drink and sat down with Aidan:
    TheRosemowDiningRoom10_zps7a3mafdi.jpg

Elena was a bit doubtful about her meal, being a vegetarian, but Freddi was clearly enjoying his! :)
    TheRosemowDiningRoom12_zpslaaus5yt.jpg

Jake, Philip and Noah are clearly involved in a lively conversation during dinner, while Katie is simply loving the meal she prepared (love her expression on her face here! :D ):
    TheRosemowDiningRoom11_zpsdfainda8.jpg

Thank you again Rose for hosting all these amazing challenges for us! Here's to the next 100! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top