Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why EA is collecting our data and the woohoo challenge

12345679...Next

Comments

• Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    @Cyron43‌ your English is really good! :) I've heard it's one of the hardest to learn because it pulls its grammar rules from so many places (and sometimes makes up its own rules). Major props to you for continuing to learn!
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    @Cyron43‌ your English is really good! :) I've heard it's one of the hardest to learn because it pulls its grammar rules from so many places (and sometimes makes up its own rules). Major props to you for continuing to learn!

So true! Think about the word: BOW
    It could be as in bow and arrow...or...like bow before the king.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Zolt65 wrote: »

So true! Think about the word: BOW
    It could be as in bow and arrow...or...like bow before the king.

Try this ;)

http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2011/12/23/english-pronunciation/

ETA and then there's this:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dialects_of_the_English_language

So even if you can read that poem out loud... there are hundreds of ways to do so "correctly" depending on where you're from.
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited February 2015
    Yo I like ebonics. Ya know what ahm sayin homie? :D
    Ugh as much fun and interesting as it is we need to go back to topic. :-/
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    wow, that was tough

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Evidently the knowledge of a few Americans qualifies some to judge 300+million people! Hmm ;)

@Cyron43 you do very well at expressing yourself in English, a quality I admire. I studied Spanish to advanced level but sadly because I haven't practiced my knowledge has suffered! ;)

@sparkfairy1‌ well said. In addition to family and cultural values, people vary. I was a very cautious, conscientious teenager, shy to the point of social phobia and very bookish. My sister was about as close to my opposite as I've ever seen - reckless, thrill seeking, gregarious, extremely charming but oblivious to danger and consequence. Both of us had extremely unreasonable rebellious moments, both of us did silly things, just different kinds of silly. And ultimately, we both settled (thank goodness) into adulthood... more or less. Ideally, as a parent, I would strive to calm the social fears of the one child, while discouraging the reckless, vicious streak of the other. I feel that had the sims 4 entered our house, I would have been disgusted by it and my sister would have thought it was stupid "because video games are for nerds" (except for all things mario, apparently). But from a parental perspective, I'd worry that it would reinforce the bad behavior and juvenile mentality in one kid and make the other feel more alienated for not reveling in it. Again, that's my personal feeling. Previous Sims games didn't really endorse one lifestyle over another, it let you choose. This one is not only a ringing endorsement of a frat boy fantasy world, it makes an outright mockery of more responsible lifestyles. Woohoo challenge fits right in with that. Wanting a meaningful relationship for yourself or your Sims is "so lame," right? I'm hesitant to even point out the way this game makes almost no allowance for asexuals and other similar orientations but I'll leave this as my only mention, because I do feel it needs to be said, as someone who goes through the world having others' sexual ideals imposed constantly in ways that are not comfortable.

Of course they do. People aren't cookie cutter versions, we all differ and that's what is wonderful about life. It certainly would be dull if we all sung the same tune and floundered without the control of others. Once we relinquish our right to our own opinions is when things get dangerous for humans. I certainly don't intend to 'check out' of scrutinising the situations around me just because others choose to take that path.
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    edited February 2015
    Well I'm an old fuddy duddy then. I was raised with morals and values, and as a teen I did typical teen things but I also knew my limit. I had a healthy view of sexuality, but I also knew that it was saved for adulthood. So to say "Oh, yeah, like 99% of teens are "doing it" is an invalid point. and to say it leads to a higher risk of teen pregnancy is also invalid. What leads to teen pregnancy are kids committing acts that they are not ready for regardless if they have been taught about it or not. You could talk until you're blue in the face to a teen about sex, birth control, how to use it properly, etc. But as adults know, sometimes when you're in the moment, a lot of that goes out the window. Sex or woohoo falls at the feet of the parents. Should we teach our teens about it? Yes. We need to educate them, but we should also teach them good morals and values, so they know to respect themselves and their bodies. And not to do something before they are mentally and physically ready.

As for a cashless society. Again, I may sound like a loon, but I believe in the New World Order. And I believe they have an agenda, and taking away our rights one by one is one of them. Getting us to move away from money and into a cashless world society is another. When you no longer control your own money you lose a lot of your freedoms. And the whole sex thing fits into their agenda as well. By making it appear as "no big deal", why have a committed faithful relationship when you can do what you want when you what? But please don't get me started. If you put the time in and research you'll see how all of this links together.

But my point is, my money will stay in my pocket. None of this cashless business and chips in my hand. (Yeah, I guess I sound like a "typical" American.)
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    Amen to that @GoldenBuffy‌. :+1:
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    edited February 2015
    I think this challenge is really childish and stupid and I'm a teen. Although I'm pretty sure my classmates would've enjoyed it.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    @Cyron43‌ , glad someone doesn't think I'm a loon. LOL
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    edited February 2015
    @Cyron43‌ , glad someone doesn't think I'm a loon. LOL
    No there are way enough evidences that prove what this is all about. We just need to put the pieces together to see the big picture.
    The text encrypted in my avatar picture is meant as a wakeup call.

This space is for rent.
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    barraakeno wrote: »
    And all that I see here is people from 1800s

Lovely. Maybe you should take your rudeness and your 22 posts and go be nasty somewhere else.

kim :\

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    kimjo313 wrote: »

Lovely. Maybe you should take your rudeness and your 22 posts and go be nasty somewhere else.

Username: barraakeno

Is it me or have there been a few posters that haven't posted in years suddenly show up today to post troll posts?

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member

Is it me or have there been a few posters that haven't posted in years suddenly show up today to post troll posts?

And they all seems to be nasty and rude! They should probably just crawl back from whence they came!!!

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options

Maybe he is a ghost and he's seeing people from the 1800s because *whispers* he sees dead people
  • Options
    LenoreLoveLenoreLove Posts: 72 Member
    Me...puts on flame resistant undergarments... :o
    The necessity of procuring good intelligence is apparent and need not be further urged.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Did you see the stats? http://www.thesims.com/news/woohoo-results-feb-2015
    Certainly was focusing on 'the act' and for all that we were told off for mentioning it wasn't encompassing all romantic interactions they managed to track kisses too and surprise surprise less kisses than woohoo-because the wider option wasnt given so woohoo was known to be the only thing that counted.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited February 2015
    I am late to the party it seems. But let me assure you they got no hearts or fireworks floating over my sims beds in this contest. I was not about to take part in it. I also saw it as tacky and had no interest in turning on my game for that. I don't think this wham, bam, thank you ma 'me/ sir contest is appropriate for a teen game and it sets a bad example. They could have done a contest for something like 5 million engagements, or 5 million weddings, or 5 million 1st romantic kisses, for a valentines contest instead. It is certainly not worth a hair or a gnome for me.

Edit: Added the word am.
  • Options
    Hi @Katlyn2525. Long time no see. *hugs*
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    Hi Cyron43. It is good to see you too. ***Hugs, right back at you!**
  • Options
    noteye32noteye32 Posts: 250 Member
    challenges are awesome, but the gnome .... i don't get it. other people like the gnomes (which is awesome for them) but not my thing. Its not something that gets me excited, hair do's, clothing etc does. So the two new hairdos that we get are something for me to cheer for.
  • Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    I wish they'd provided stats on the number of dates as I took the time to send my Sims on several dates that weekend. It seems like an obvious thing to mention on a Valentine's related contest. *sigh*
  • Options
    I have created a new thread about data collection. That one answers the question if you are REALLY offline if you switch to offline. Get ready for a surprise - or be not surprised. That depends on your mindset.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/818091/ts4-and-origin-send-data-even-though-you-went-to-offline-mode
    This space is for rent.