Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to get TS2 - Ultimate Collection (Windows)

Comments

• Options
    chocolateprojectchocolateproject Posts: 25 Member
    Thank you! I'll be very disappointed if I can't get it to work at all...absolutely desperate to play the Sims 2 haha!

Wouldn't have upgraded to Windows 10 if my old computer hadn't completely bit the bullet :(
  • Options
    KillerQueen364KillerQueen364 Posts: 6 New Member
    As of yesterday they are still giving it out. I have an old copy of The Sims 2. It is pre-origin and unregistered, not associated with any account. I do, however, have almost all of the The Sims 3 games, so when she accessed my account, she granted me the ultimate collection based on my sims 3 games. I love the sims 2 because its the only sims game that my crappy laptop can run on high graphics and still function. Hope you guys have a good day!!
  • Options
    chocolateprojectchocolateproject Posts: 25 Member
    Good news! Just been in contact with EA and had a lovely adviser who gave me the game without need for a code. Called it a New Year's present which was very kind!
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Good news! Just been in contact with EA and had a lovely adviser who gave me the game without need for a code. Called it a New Year's present which was very kind!

so pleased for you I really wish it had been as easy for me, enjoy your game :)
  • Options
    riverheart1901riverheart1901 Posts: 1 New Member
    Thanks so much for this whole thread!! I have been playing sims 3 and 4 since they came out. I took sims 2 off my computer because when sims 3 came out, I didn't have enough room for both games. Now that I have a super awesome gaming computer, I thought I'd try and see how my Sims 2 games would run, since I have enough space for them and sims 3 and 4. I've been itching to play it, because Sims 2 has always been my favorite. Problem is, I don't have a disk drive on this computer. I do, however, have an external one I bought months ago for another game. Tried it today and it just wouldn't work. It's a piece of junk. I was so downhearted because I kept seeing that the promotion to get ultimate collection ended a long time ago. I thought, well, I guess I won't get to play this again unless I buy another drive or obtain it illegally (which I really dont want to do.) Then I stumbled upon this thread. It gave me hope!!! Especially since there have been people getting it recently! I contacted EA and I obtained Ultimate Collection on my first try!!! I made sure to tell the rep I talked to how awesome he was! So, basically what I wanted to accomplish with all my rambling is THANK YOU!!! And thank you EA!!!! :D Now to just wait for it to finish downloading!
  • Options
    shoninjashoninja Posts: 50 Member
    I just did this today and got it first time! The person I spoke to didn't ask for any photos of the game or serial code (I do have some sims 2 games still, but I moved house recently so they're in a box stored away so I'm glad I didn't have to look them out!).
  • Options
    the_iron_marshmallowthe_iron_marshmallow Posts: 1 New Member
    edited January 2016
    It still works as I just got my Ultimate Edition! All I had to do was provide my base game code and my adviser added the Ultimate Edition to my account. I'm excited to play The Sims 2 again and I'm glad to have all my Sims games in one place! :)
  • Options
    SimmerCamCamSimmerCamCam Posts: 3 New Member
    edited January 2016
    Soooo, I'm gonna try and get it with no code :I
  • Options
    MamakatMamakat Posts: 3 New Member
    I got it today. I had no code. I explained I had had them all once, but stupidly threw them away when we moved. He was very nice and could see I owned a ton of sims3 and 4 stuff, and gave it to me, no problems. Took less than 10 minutes including my wait to talk time. :)
  • Options
    MamakatMamakat Posts: 3 New Member
    This is the first time I have posted on this board. I am just so thankful to the OP and the subsequent posters. I was so thrilled to know I could have Sims2 again!
  • Options
    @riverheart1901

You are welcome and I hope you are enjoying your new found game :)

@shoninja

you were lucky it could have been more difficult I am pleased you got you game enjoy it!

@the_iron_marshmallow

I feel your excitement ever scince I got mine a few weeks ago I have played it more than any other series, enjoy your game :)

@SimmerCamCam

Did you manage to get your UC?

@Mamakat

well done, enjoy your game its really worth having the full series of sims 2 in my humble opinion anyways :)
  • Options
    BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    Just got my copy of UC. I've been debating whether or not to try getting it for a while and I finally did. Luckily for me I had a nice rep on the first try. Now to see if my computer will let me play Sims 2 or not.
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • Options
    Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    Is it just me or is this thread getting more active instead of less active, as time passes? I'm still loving having Sims 2 UC and it's still one of my favourite games of all times. It says something about Sims 2 that this is the case for so many people after so much time.

Happy simming with the UC, everyone :blush:
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    @Breazona well done I hope your PC is compatible, I had no problems on windows 7 64 bit, I downloaded and played right off the bat however I have noticed a time a two I get a message saying cannot open as some files have changes, not sure what that's all about but I simply click update 2 in Origin and its ready to play again :)

@Frogprincess_q Sims 2 is a new series to me as I only ever played the base game a couple of times but I am enjoying it so much at the moment I am playing it far more than any other series. It does appear from all the comments there is a sims 2 revival underway :)
  • Options
    Sims 2 is still revival worthy :wink: EA need to get the hint and just make it available to buy!

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    SimmerCamCamSimmerCamCam Posts: 3 New Member
    @SPARKY1922 Yes i got it and my EA person was soooo nice, iv'e been playing it for long unhealthy amounts of time :D
  • Options
    kater40000kater40000 Posts: 1 New Member
    The person who tried to help me out said:

Abhishek:
    I have just consulted the issue with my supervisor and they educated me that the Sims 2 code that we were granting to players before is not working for them as we have received many feedback's from customers regarding the same, so our Sims studio team has ended it's support recently so we are not having this game any more with us as well they have removed the option of granting the code for this game from our tool as it is no longer working for players.
  • Options
    mariepeek28mariepeek28 Posts: 172 Member
    i believe they are lying to you because alot of people are getting it. i have had no issue with mine since i got it. maybe you need to try again, i think it depends on the rep you get.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    @SPARKY1922 Yes i got it and my EA person was soooo nice, iv'e been playing it for long unhealthy amounts of time :D

Well done I am really pleased for you and yes I consider myself to be a player who plays for unhealthy amounts of time but so what I enjoy it lol :)
    kater40000 wrote: »
    The person who tried to help me out said:

Abhishek:
    I have just consulted the issue with my supervisor and they educated me that the Sims 2 code that we were granting to players before is not working for them as we have received many feedback's from customers regarding the same, so our Sims studio team has ended it's support recently so we are not having this game any more with us as well they have removed the option of granting the code for this game from our tool as it is no longer working for players.

Yes its true the game is technically unsupported however that does not mean you cannot obtain their UC version as long as you have some form of proof you purchased the base game and/or other expansions packs in the series previously.

As you can see @SimmerCamCam obtained the series very recently so you need to try again with a different customer service rep. Also there are a number of Sims 2 players on these forums that are more than happy to help out if you incur any sims 2 problems so it is still worth the effort to gain this series.

If you are experiencing real problems offer to take photos and e-mail them the proof of your ownership of disc games you have purchased in the past or if you have never purchased sims 2 discs before offer to purchase a brand new disc with an unused code to obtain the full UC series in return.

If they agree to this and you need to save a copy of your online chat concerning this agreement then wait until your physical disc arrives and get back to customer services with your game code, at this point if you experience any further problems obtaining UC you can refer back to the previous agreement on the matter through your saved online chats at the time.

I had to buy a new copy of the base game to receive UC as I had lost my old base game disc copy and code but as soon as I got back to customer services with my game code seconds later sims 2 UC was in my Origin account.

Keep trying I am sure you will be successful :)
  • Options
    iishuuiishuu Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey! So recently I've tried this out and sadly they wouldn't just hand it to me. I had to show them one of the sims 2's games but thankfully, I had a stuff pack ( H&M Fashion ) to show them and now I'm currently downloading it! The best way to obtain this is to be polite and don't try to rush them, they'll help. :D I had to go through 10 admins just to find the perfect one to help me though. Stayed up until 3:30AM to get this copy XD!
  • Options
    @iishuu

goodness me what a lot of work but it still proves it can be achieved with determination and I agree about being polite and offering them differing scenarios of proof of previous sims 2 purchases so they realize you are not going to be rude but you are not going away or stop trying either-) In the end it may be offered just to get you to go away lol :)
  • Options
    iishuu wrote: »
    Hey! So recently I've tried this out and sadly they wouldn't just hand it to me. I had to show them one of the sims 2's games but thankfully, I had a stuff pack ( H&M Fashion ) to show them and now I'm currently downloading it! The best way to obtain this is to be polite and don't try to rush them, they'll help. :D I had to go through 10 admins just to find the perfect one to help me though. Stayed up until 3:30AM to get this copy XD!

EA - this is how much we like Sims 2 :lol:
    Congrats on getting your copy! You earned it ;)

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
  • Options
    AceofSpades2231AceofSpades2231 Posts: 594 Member
    I cant even find a place to email them or chat or anything. Ive been searching their "help page" and the only thing that says email doesn't give an email or link or anything. Where do I find it?
    eqnxTFN.jpg
    I love video games because of the things that I could never do in real life... For instance, in the sims you can get a job and a house.
    Origin ID: Mainmanvs100
  • Options
    I cant even find a place to email them or chat or anything. Ive been searching their "help page" and the only thing that says email doesn't give an email or link or anything. Where do I find it?

If you open up your Origin client and then at the top left there is "help". Select "Origin Help", that will open your browser. If you scroll down there is "Contact Us" - it's an orange button. Select your platform and choose "Next". They really don't make it easy to get to a person. You are going to want to try for live chat. It took me ages to get it all working :frowning:

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
  • Options
    @AceofSpades2231 & @Frogprincess_q

Also be aware the chat function does not work with some browsers properly, I spent well over an hour last time trying to get through on Firefox which never worked then I tried internet explorer I got through within 5 minutes.