Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to get TS2 - Ultimate Collection (Windows)

Comments

• Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Does anyone know if it's possible to get TS2 Ultimate Collection outside the US? I'm in Norway.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Krisha880

I don't see why not do you have any proof of previous sims 2 purchases? Can you reach a customer services online chat feature from where you are?
    edited January 2016
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @Krisha880

I don't see why not do you have any proof of previous sims 2 purchases? Can you reach a customer services online chat feature from where you are?

I couldn't find the base game, but I have everything else. The only option is to call customer service, or use the International / American chat feature. I hope it's possible!

Edit: So I talked to customer service, and they said EA had said No to giving out the Ultimate Collection, but they also said I could try! I have to take a picture of ALL my TS2 games with product codes and send it to them, but they was not sure that would help... So I'm just going to try! XD
    Post edited by Krisha880 on
  • AceofSpades2231AceofSpades2231 Posts: 594 Member
    I cant even find a place to email them or chat or anything. Ive been searching their "help page" and the only thing that says email doesn't give an email or link or anything. Where do I find it?

If you open up your Origin client and then at the top left there is "help". Select "Origin Help", that will open your browser. If you scroll down there is "Contact Us" - it's an orange button. Select your platform and choose "Next". They really don't make it easy to get to a person. You are going to want to try for live chat. It took me ages to get it all working :frowning:

Okay thanks! And I think a company should be making it easy to get a live human being. It does nothing but hurt them. They should take a note from Apple, They have the best service of any large company.
    eqnxTFN.jpg
    I love video games because of the things that I could never do in real life... For instance, in the sims you can get a job and a house.
    Origin ID: Mainmanvs100
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I got better service when I put in for a call back. They called me back in less than an hour- much better than when I waited for a few hours every day for a week of trying the live chat. :(
    Yay! I got it!!! :D

I had to take a picture of all my games, show at least seven product keys, and write the customer support case number on the booklets (oh well)! I'm super happy!
    @Krisha880

Oh wonderful I am happy for you enjoy your game :)
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @Krisha880

Oh wonderful I am happy for you enjoy your game :)

Thank you! I used to love TS2, so I'm excited about playing it again! Hope you enjoy yours as well!
  • RenanPisiRenanPisi Posts: 21 Member
    I'm trying to get one. I own the base game, around 4 expansion packs and 3 stuff packs. I spok to an Advisor today and he said he couldn't help me. So, I'm trying again... :D
  • Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    RenanPisi wrote: »
    I'm trying to get one. I own the base game, around 4 expansion packs and 3 stuff packs. I spok to an Advisor today and he said he couldn't help me. So, I'm trying again... :D

Good luck :)
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
    > @Frogprincess_q said:
    > RenanPisi wrote: »
    >
    > I'm trying to get one. I own the base game, around 4 expansion packs and 3 stuff packs. I spok to an Advisor today and he said he couldn't help me. So, I'm trying again... :D
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Good luck :)

Thank you! By the way, IT WORKED. My new Game Advisor was really sweet. He asked for a picture of my game discs and a piece of paper with my case number written on it... and done! Soooooooooooo happy. :D
    @RenanPisi

I did not see your post until just now and just wanted to congratulate you on keeping trying with a different adviser until you got your UC, enjoy your new to you game :)
    @SPARKY1922 Thank you. <3
  • JessDoanJessDoan Posts: 1 New Member
    This is still working I just did it 5 minutes ago and i am downloading it now! :)
    @JessDoan

congrats I love to see players adding their names to this thread who are still receiving the collection it provides hope to others who still want it, enjoy your game :)
  • RamblingRambling Posts: 3 New Member
    Oh god, I'm so happy that this thread exists. I was worried that this was an older thing, but seeing all the recent posts makes me feel like it is possible! I'm about to upgrade to a new computer and would love to take my game with me, however, I've moved at least three times within the last two years and my games have been scattered to the four winds. And I've had the game far before Origin was a thing... so yeah, definitely would need all the disks or UC. I'm so happy that it's still a possibility and will be trying this once I have the new computer set up.
    Thank you so much, I'll let you know how it goes!
    Rambling wrote: »
    Oh god, I'm so happy that this thread exists. I was worried that this was an older thing, but seeing all the recent posts makes me feel like it is possible! I'm about to upgrade to a new computer and would love to take my game with me, however, I've moved at least three times within the last two years and my games have been scattered to the four winds. And I've had the game far before Origin was a thing... so yeah, definitely would need all the disks or UC. I'm so happy that it's still a possibility and will be trying this once I have the new computer set up.

Good luck :) Sometimes it takes a few tries to get a sympathetic ear from Customer Service.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
    @Rambling

Good luck I am sure if you can prove your previous sims 2 purchases and as @Frogprincess_q says get a sympathetic CS agent you should be okay but if not successful keep trying while being polite :)
  • ChrystalinaChrystalina Posts: 1 New Member
    So I can see it has been a while since this has been up but I tried calling and talking to them about my sims but the lady on the phone said she could not help me because my sims was purchased in a Walmart and the only code I still have left is apparently showing invalid to them. She said to go back to Walmart and tell them to replace it as if anyone still sells Sims 2 anymore. I don't know exactly what I am supposed to say or tell them I guess to get the UC on my origin if its still even possible at this point.
    edited February 2016
    The representative I spoke to never even asked me for a code (although I had nearly everything), so it is possible, but obviously more difficult. It is possible to still buy Sims 2, but you might have to go online. Amazon, for example will probably have some. Or eBay. Remember you do only need one code, so even if you only find a stuff pack or whatever is cheapest.

Edited to add: as for what exactly to say, I gushed about how much I love sims and how much I wanted to buy the UC, but couldn't, because it's not available to buy. I said that I know it is still possible to get even though the deal is officially finished. I said that I owned nearly everything on disk, but it would be great to have on Origin. The woman I spoke to was also a Sims fan. She was quite lovely in fact, we chatted about how awesome the various incarnations are. I wanted to take her home and have slumber parties and play sims all night long :lol:

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    So I can see it has been a while since this has been up but I tried calling and talking to them about my sims but the lady on the phone said she could not help me because my sims was purchased in a Walmart and the only code I still have left is apparently showing invalid to them. She said to go back to Walmart and tell them to replace it as if anyone still sells Sims 2 anymore. I don't know exactly what I am supposed to say or tell them I guess to get the UC on my origin if its still even possible at this point.

If they are asking for a valid code and yours is not working they usually want a code from a brand new unused physical copy of the base game and then they will give you the full UC. I had to go this route as despite purchasing the base game years ago I lost it in a house move so I had to purchase a new copy from Amazon here in the UK but check to make sure it is brand new and unused before you buy.

Good luck I hope you mange to resolve it and obtain your UC :)
  • RamblingRambling Posts: 3 New Member
    @Rambling

Good luck come back and let us know how it went :D
  • barstowchrisbarstowchris Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey all just dropped in to say it sill works! I opened a ticket using Sims 2>Game Information>Availability. Explained that I missed the giveaway, but wanted to purchase it. The adviser asked if I had a game(I do), and for the code. 5 minutes later I have the Collection in my list. First attempt(second but the 1st person didn't say anything)

Bhanu wherever you are I hope you have a beautiful day, because you made mine amazing!
  • vxt18vxt18 Posts: 82 Member
    I thought that I wouldn't be able to get hold of the UC since it is already 2016 but I was wrong. I just got it 2 mins ago after using the Live chat and providing the codes for my Sims 2 physical copy. I would just like to inform those who still want the UC and think that it is too late to redeem it, you can still redeem the UC !