Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to get TS2 - Ultimate Collection (Windows)

Comments

• Options
    bekibeki Posts: 30 Member
    I am so excited. I just got sims2 UC. It is downloading now. EA was so helpful and it didn't take long at all. Happy New Years.
  • Options
    RehjuRehju Posts: 5 New Member
    Also downloading it now. Haven't played TS2 for years, and only owned three of the expansion packs so I'm looking forward to the extra content.

I was asked for the product code and asked to provide a photo of the disks along with my name and the date, but after that the support agent added it directly to my library.
  • Options
    bekibeki Posts: 30 Member
    I only had to give the product code and answer a security question for origin. Then he added it to my library and explained how to clear my cache file. I played til 2am. It's like learning a brand new game. Loving it! I was worried that I would get asked to take a picture as I don't know how to do that. But it worked out great.
  • Options
    mariepeek28mariepeek28 Posts: 172 Member
    i have ordered the base game and am waiting anxiously. i hope they will still give me the ultimate collection.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    i have ordered the base game and am waiting anxiously. i hope they will still give me the ultimate collection.

I hope you managed to buy a new unused copy with a code that has never been used before as this is what I had to do to be given UC and they told me at the time they would not accept a used code.

I wish you Good Luck come back and let us know if it all worked out okay as I have found Sims 2 great fun to play :)
  • Options
    BeanfootBeanfoot Posts: 602 Member
    edited January 2016
    I just got my copy of TS2 UC! My rep's supervisor took some convincing but I gave them my Castaway Stories and Pets Stories codes and it was nearly smooth as butter from there on. I was honest from the start and possibly a little bit over-excited, but I think that kind of level of nervousness and inability to restrain oneself comes from being a fan for almost 16 years. I hope the people in this forum who haven't had any luck yet can find their own fairy god-rep! It's a retired game, there's no reason to fight giving it away this much.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Sorry, have not poked my head in here for a while. Glad to see happy simmers. @mariepeek28 They should and if not, try again another day. :)
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    I am so pleased players are still able to to get UC I think Sims 2 is having a revival :)
  • Options
    MattM440MattM440 Posts: 1 New Member
    I contacted EA via chat asking whether I would be able to purchase a digital copy of the sims 2 but was told that it was not supported on origin.
    I then contacted them again to ask whether I could purchase the sims 2 ultimate collection, as I no longer had my sims 2 games, or whether I would have to buy a new copy so that I had the code. I was again told that the game wasn't supported on origin. I then told them that many other people had received the game with a game code so it must be available and then she corrected herself and said I could get the ultimate collection copy with a valid game code.

So they would rather I buy the game elsewhere than just take my money :S. Now to find a brand new copy of the sims 2...

On the plus side she did give me a money off voucher!
  • Options
    MattM440 wrote: »
    I contacted EA via chat asking whether I would be able to purchase a digital copy of the sims 2 but was told that it was not supported on origin.
    I then contacted them again to ask whether I could purchase the sims 2 ultimate collection, as I no longer had my sims 2 games, or whether I would have to buy a new copy so that I had the code. I was again told that the game wasn't supported on origin. I then told them that many other people had received the game with a game code so it must be available and then she corrected herself and said I could get the ultimate collection copy with a valid game code.

So they would rather I buy the game elsewhere than just take my money :S. Now to find a brand new copy of the sims 2...

On the plus side she did give me a money off voucher!

This is how I managed to get UC but just make sure when purchasing the base game from the seller that it is brand new factory sealed and has an unused code before you buy it, also make sure you save a copy of the chat you had if you were offered this deal via online chat so you have proof of the offer when you go back to redeem it after you purchase your physical disc.

I am not sure which country you are in but here in the UK I bought the last new copy from a seller on Amazon just before Xmas but he did indicate that he would be getting more new copies in the new year. I had to check with the seller prior to purchase though as some sellers were advertising their discs as new when they were not.

If you cannot find a new base game I would contact all the sellers on Amazon who are selling any new expansion or stuff packs and to ask if they could get a new copy of the base game for you as if they know you are a definite buyer they may go the extra mile for you. I also looked on eBay but could not find a new copy although it may be different in another country.
  • Options
    airisuairisu Posts: 2 New Member
    I had asked origin few days ago if i can still have a chance to get TS2 UC but they said no longer available... and you can't buy it.

Then today I contacted again, but this time via EA live chat and this was how the customer service responsed:
    "To be honest with you, since the production of Sims 2 games is no longer available so we can't generate a new code, however if you can provide me old code of Sims 2 game then, once I'll enter the old code then our system will automatically replace the code with a new one. Please provide me the old code of Sims 2 game if you have."

I finally got the TS2 UC, I'm so happy ^^
  • Options
    BlueDragonSmokeBlueDragonSmoke Posts: 1 New Member
    I just got UC added! Went to support, chose 'Codes and Promotions'. Then live chat. I had my issue ready to copy and paste. Told them I own Sims 2 and most of the expansions and stuff packs, and that I "had been told" that I could add sims 2 to my origin account by asking for the Ultimate Collection. They asked for my Sims 2 code and my security question answer. And then just added it to my account! So fast I couldn't beleive it.

Thank you everyone for sharing info about this, and keeping threads like this alive so I didn't think it was too late. I only stumbled on this information a few days ago while considering going through hours of reinstalling all 13 of my disks. Now I have an easier way and all the bits I've been missing :)
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    @airisu

I am really happy for you and it shows if you keep trying then eventually people should still be able to get it.

players who have their old base game code bought new with the code not being used more then once should have no problems getting the collection.

Players like me me who only ever bought the base game then lost it are being asked to purchase a new disc with an unused code to be able to receive the full UC which in all honesty I thought was a fair request as I had never purchased any further expansion/stuff packs in the series.

since I downloaded it I have never stopped playing lol

@BlueDragonSmoke well done enjoy your new collection :)
  • Options
    i am soooo freaking happy right now!!! my sims 2 uc is downloading!! they said my code hadn't been used since 2005 and he still gave it to me, so don't let anyone tell you no!
  • Options
    RevoixRevoix Posts: 72 Member
    If I find my sims 2 base game code (and it's invalid) do I get UC for free??
  • Options
    i dont know if its invalid but i would say try
  • Options
    i dont know if its invalid but i would say try

Okay :) Thanks!
  • Options
    I got the game! I'm really happy!
  • Options
    they gave you the ultimate collection? that is awsome! everyone is turning to sims 2 now and i think origin is shooting themselves in the foot for not selling the games.
  • Options
    they gave you the ultimate collection? that is awsome! everyone is turning to sims 2 now and i think origin is shooting themselves in the foot for not selling the games.

agreed there appears to be a revival underway however I doubt they could charge for a sims series that is unsupported which is why they have agreed to give it away under certain criteria :)
  • Options

yeah! I definitely wanted to play sims 2 for a while.
  • Options
    chocolateprojectchocolateproject Posts: 25 Member
    Hello everyone! I'm new to the Sims forum so I am sorry if I am a bit out of the loop on things!

I have been having some problems trying to get my base Sims 2 game and all of the expansion/stuff packs to work on my new laptop that has the Windows 10 operating system. It installs okay, but it just won't load at all. It keeps coming up with disc read error. No clue as to what is going on, but it's really disappointing as the Sims 2 is my favorite generation of the Sims :(

Having had a lull in Sim playing in the last couple of years, I didn't realize that EA released the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection back in 2014...otherwise, I would have signed up to Origin immediately haha! I was worried that this offer had loooong disappeared but reading this thread has given me hope that it might be possible to having a working Sims 2 again?! All of the games I have were brought brand new at the shops when they were originally released so there's no issue of having to buy any new copies for codes. Is it a case of contacting a member of staff via the chat and asking them about the Sims 2 UC?

This has given me a great sense of hope! Any advice would be appreciated!!
  • Options
    teddysnugumsteddysnugums Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! I just wanted to say that is completely possible to get a free copy of the Ultimate Collection at no cost at all! On December 30th, I wanted to give it a shot and I contacted Origin. (I'd like to point out that I have never purchased a copy of the Sims 2 or any expansion packs. I just recently bought a base game off of amazon, but it hadn't come in at the time I contacted him. I started right when the Sims 3 came out and I have all expansion packs and the Sims 4 with get to work.) I started out with a not so good rep and I asked him if it was possible. He said no and wasn't happy at ALL, but I kept on going. I got an amazing rep and I explained to him that I bought a copy off of amazon, but it had not come in yet. He said "in the holiday spirit, I'll give you an ultimate collection at no cost". I didn't even have to provide a proof of purchase, which I could have done easily.
    Just keep looking for a great rep! ~
  • Options
    @chocolateproject

I cannot offer much advice as my UC downloaded perfectly and played fine from the get go but I am on windows 7 and use a desktop. Also I think I remember reading that a lot of players had experienced problems with the last windows 10 update. I found a thread with a video concerning Sims 2 and windows 10 on the following link. I hope it helps.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/854333/sims-2-uc-keeps-crashing-on-w10#latest

@teddysnugums

well done enjoy your game. I am so pleased players are still able to obtain UC :)

• Options
    Diva241 wrote: »

yeah! I definitely wanted to play sims 2 for a while.

me too!!!