Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Happy Monday & Almost 15th Anniversary!

Comments

• Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    Im so excited! I really can't believe I've been playing this game for 15 years! My lord, where does the time go?
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    You already found the fun new render on our FB page - keep listening & watching - there's much more in store this week.

*Fangirling*
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    toddlers and cops and burglars ;)

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS pretty please :blush:
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    JoBass24us wrote: »
    Im so excited! I really can't believe I've been playing this game for 15 years! My lord, where does the time go?

It's scary isnt it?!
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    If it's not toddlers, at least a family tree will do.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options

It's scary isnt it?!

It is. I can still remember, clear as day, shopping at BJ's, just got married, and looking thru their games table. At the time I was playing SimCity and I see the big ol' box, The Sims. I asked my hubby, aren't these the same people who make SimCity? Look now you can play with little people. Bought it, played it and loved it ever since. That was back in 2000. Wow, just wow!

• Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member

It's scary isnt it?!

It is. I can still remember, clear as day, shopping at BJ's, just got married, and looking thru their games table. At the time I was playing SimCity and I see the big ol' box, The Sims. I asked my hubby, aren't these the same people who make SimCity? Look now you can play with little people. Bought it, played it and loved it ever since. That was back in 2000. Wow, just wow!

Awesome :) I first played it at a friend's house. Within the first 5 minutes my Sim tried to make himself breakfast, caught fire and died. My response was "who would play this crazy game!?". hee hee.

I played it with my son. He wanted to make the six million dollar man and wonder woman and was unable to so he left the game and I started to play it, then he came back to it. It was something we could do together on an old Asus computer with no speed at all. LOL

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

It's scary isnt it?!

Awesome :) I first played it at a friend's house. Within the first 5 minutes my Sim tried to make himself breakfast, caught fire and died. My response was "who would play this crazy game!?". hee hee.

Awww! My own daughter killed me in Sims 1. She's still horrified by that almost 15 years later. It was a great game :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

It's scary isnt it?!

Oh my gosh! What a way to be introduced to the game, quite apropos! LOL.

• Options

It's scary isnt it?!

In my first days of simming my main goal was to kill all my sims xD I would kill them and use the phone reward to call the reaper and bring my sims back from the dead so I could kill them again :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Southernbelle1283Southernbelle1283 Posts: 398 Member
    Looks like I picked the wrong day to play hooky from work and Ski-bum it today. Oh well. So excited for more news and/or content!
    Signature-Light-2.jpg

Origin ID: simmerdownsouth
    Twitter: @simmerdownsouth
    My Sims 4 Blog/Stories: http://www.simmerdownsouth.com/
    YouTube Channel: SimmerDownSouth
  • Options
    finefashionistafinefashionista Posts: 168 Member
    What day is the actual anniversary?
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    What day is the actual anniversary?

4th
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I remember Bob and Betty Newbie were my first family and going through the how to play the game with them. I always felt so sad they needed a better home. When they had their first baby, it made me happy and then working their way to improve the house little by little. First was the bathroom so that the shower could at least be more enjoyable to use. Then was like the fridge so food would taste better. I remember going through steps to budget what I could afford at a time. Then I figured out the rosebud cheat and so many times I had to type rosebud;!;!;!.... until my fingers hurt. I was so thrilled when the motherlode cheat came out with the Sims 2. Making my vacation spots incredible in the Sims Vacation I loved. There were just so many fun family activities I could do with those Sims like play volleyball, play basketball, have snow ball fights, go snowboarding, relax in the hot tub, and all those amazing carnival games. I had a lot of fun with tragic clown, the genie, and that silly little guinea pig. I loved the mature humor in the original Sims too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,925 Member
    I enjoyed playing various families in Sims 1 but I had one household of adults that I kept playing. One day there was a fire - I think a dragon may have been involved - and I was left with a lot of charred remains and several urns. I was horrified. That was the first time I made sure I closed without saving.

I've always loved gardening in Sims games and have strong memories of rabbits. >:)

I would love to get Sims 1 on laptop but I wouldn't have that little household and so there is no pressure to do it at any particular time.

I'm going to have to keep an eye open to see what new things are announced for the anniversary.
  • Options
    rosehrtgirlrosehrtgirl Posts: 252 Member
    If this is meant to be a hint at *Patch Added Content* hopefully the patch itself will have more relevance & substance than previous ones.
    Like a fix for the *Bar Bug* that we have all been asking for since the December 16 patch.

Yes and also all the travel bugs I want to see fixed. Especially the one that you can't visit a community lot without starving other family members that are at work or school, and you loose complete control of them if they should return from work or school if a family member is on a community lot. Will that is until your siim on the community lot returns to home lot will you gain control of other family members who needs are in the red.

• Options
    If this is meant to be a hint at *Patch Added Content* hopefully the patch itself will have more relevance & substance than previous ones.
    Like a fix for the *Bar Bug* that we have all been asking for since the December 16 patch.

Yes and also all the travel bugs I want to see fixed. Especially the one that you can't visit a community lot without starving other family members that are at work or school, and you loose complete control of them if they should return from work or school if a family member is on a community lot. Will that is until your siim on the community lot returns to home lot will you gain control of other family members who needs are in the red.

Oh and the bill bug too, the incest thing, the last name bug (if it's a bug) too, today the sim that wears the bear outfit wasn't using it, yet when close to my sims they would still get tense, hope they fix that too.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    AmotAmot Posts: 700 Member
    Oh god yes.

This is needed so badly. Plus fixed emotions.
    Let them eat cake.
  • Options
    Lazarus_B4RLazarus_B4R Posts: 1,827 Member
    Amot wrote: »
    Oh god yes.

Maybe it's just me, but it's a bit hard to celebrate 15 Years of this game and the possibility of new content
    ...When I can barely play with the content I already own. :\
  • Options
    Oh god yes.

Maybe it's just me, but it's a bit hard to celebrate 15 Years of this game and the possibility of new content

Why?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited February 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Lazarus_B4RLazarus_B4R Posts: 1,827 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Oh god yes.

Why?
    This isn't the place to get into a huge debate about it, but a lot of people have already left TS4 because of it's *Issues*.
    I just don't see that as something to celebrate.